**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

9 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

:lol:

05F2BDDC-A4BC-48E2-861A-48B1B87898C9.jpeg

Deserves it.  He got us the pick from OKC that turned in to Maxey.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Good for him 

Yeah the truth, he has been fluffing that dope up since he got here. Now that Ben is screwing Glenn over now he acts like a tough guy. They can both go

Elsewhere, ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith held Harris and Sixers ownership, not Morey, accountable for the situation playing out as long as it has in an explosive shot.

"You are an utter disgrace right now.... Daryl Morey would pull the trigger on anything, because he can’t stand guys who can’t shoot, so why would he like Ben Simmons? Please,” he told NBA Countdown.

"This is Josh Harris holding on, telling Daryl Morey hold on to Ben Simmons for dear life or make sure you get this,” he said.

"I’m sorry, it’s a disaster and it reeks from the top down. Josh Harris, clean up your damn’ act, it’s an embarrassment and you are wasting away the greatness of Joel Embiid because he deserves better.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/nba-2022-ben-simmons-trade-news-rumours-whispers-josh-harris-daryl-morey-deals-suitors-updates/news-story/0542ebe7310c99d2f37fe90670e3ceb8

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Good for him 

I can’t imagine reading the story yesterday and being another team’s GM saying that looks promising for Ben and we badly need him. It would question to me whether or not he’s mature enough to ever maximize his talent and not just blame others and make excuses when he can’t. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I can’t imagine reading the story yesterday and being another team’s GM saying that looks promising for Ben and we badly need him. It would question to me whether or not he’s mature enough to ever maximize his talent and not just blame others and make excuses when he can’t. 

Agreed.  It amazes me that he and Klutch think they are accomplishing anything other than immolating his career and any hope we have of a decent return in a trade for him.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Agreed.  It amazes me that he and Klutch think they are accomplishing anything other than immolating his career and any hope we have of a decent return in a trade for him.

I also as a player wouldn’t know how to act around him. Because he’s willing to not work on his game and it’s becoming more obvious that Maxey took the initiative and did it and look at how much improvement he’s had. Meanwhile he’s saying it is what it is about his. On top of that he’s soft enough to hold a grudge on something while he was in fact a big part for that loss along with some other big factors. no accountability from Ben Simmons whatsoever. If I was a teammate or a potential teammate that would very much bother me. Because he’s never going to take accountability and i don’t think you can win with players like that. 

Extended Beal and Bertans (contract dump for Wiz) for Ben, Green (non-guaranteed 2022 contract), Korky/Shake and a 1st. 

Seems fair, no?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Extended Beal and Bertans (contract dump for Wiz) for Ben, Green (non-guaranteed 2022 contract), Korky/Shake and a 1st. 

Seems fair, no?

No, doesn’t seem fair to the Wizards at all. Nobody is giving up a player of Beal’s caliber for Simmons. It’s just not happening. 

I much rather keep maxey and trade thybulle. 

"Philadelphia has made no secret that Beal is on its short list of players for whom it would trade disgruntled guard Ben Simmons, who has sat out all season. But the 76ers won’t include an additional piece, such as exciting young guard Tyrese Maxey, along with Simmons in a potential trade for Beal, per league sources. Philly has similarly held firm that it won’t put third-year forward Matisse Thybulle, a terrific wing defender, in a Simmons package."

38 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Seems fair, no?

I tend to believe Bertans contract has to come back here. I’d do Ben, thybulle, green, springer and picks for bertans and beal. Doubt Washington would even if they get bertans off the books. Might be more obtainable with that package in offseason but really trade deadline 2023 when he likely is leaving Washington. But then it’s a lot for potential rental. 

• Like 1

My one issue with Beal is that his 3 point shooting is really bad so it could screw up the spacing unless we have all good shooters out there with him. Also, I’m reluctant to give Tisse up unless we can get a guy back that gives us 75% of his defense. Add Beal and remove Tisse and our defense is really really bad. 

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

My one issue with Beal is that his 3 point shooting is really bad so it could screw up the spacing unless we have all good shooters out there with him. Also, I’m reluctant to give Tisse up unless we can get a guy back that gives us 75% of his defense. Add Beal and remove Tisse and our defense is really really bad. 

Now you are overthinking this.  Beal has shot 35% from 3 the previous 3 years. He is good enough and teams have to respect his shot. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

His 3 point shooting is really bad this year, probably because he is their only legit option so he probably takes a lot of bad shots trying to win games. Otherwise he is a career 37%

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

His 3 point shooting is really bad this year, probably because he is their only legit option so he probably takes a lot of bad shots trying to win games. Otherwise he is a career 37%

He also is playing with a guard who thinks he is the best player on the floor in Dinwiddie so it can throw off a lot of things. 

Screenshot_20220202-140023.png

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He also is playing with a guard who thinks he is the best player on the floor in Dinwiddie so it can throw off a lot of things. 

I’d love to get pope just cause he is a good role player for this team. Have a feeling the wizards are gonna make you to take bertans back though. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Being a part time Lakers fan I would sign off on pope he is an incredible role player

2 hours ago, nipples said:

No, doesn’t seem fair to the Wizards at all. Nobody is giving up a player of Beal’s caliber for Simmons. It’s just not happening. 

Beal with his player option is going to walk at the end of the season. Wiz will get little in a potential S&T return if they don’t trade him now.

48 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Beal with his player option is going to walk at the end of the season. Wiz will get little in a potential S&T return if they don’t trade him now.

If they choose to trade him now they can certainly get better than a deal centered around Simmons. 

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

If they choose to trade him now they can certainly get better than a deal centered around Simmons. 

If you say so