**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Cool how Embiid was watching the game in the locker room, and he came running out to celebrate with the team. 

They should do a giveaway. Any time Joel misses a game for rest some fan should win the opportunity to watch the game with Joel in the locker room. That would be a blast!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Maxey is damn near untouchable at this point.

Yep.  I remember when people laughed when I said don’t trade him.  

• Like 1

Drummond is talking to the media right now and instead of talking about his big game, he said in shoot around he told the guys we are missing 20 some shots, and 30 some points tonight (with Embiid out) so you guys are gonna need to get those shots. Said his job is to be a ball mover and figure out how to get those guys open.

Cool to hear, Drummond on a 1 year deal who could be looking to get his and go get paid as a free agent, instead is all about getting the other guys increased production. 

Just now, iladelphxx said:

Ben would have been at home playing COD. 

Joel could have been home with his super model wife. But he watched the game in the arena instead. That was awesome.

• Like 2

That was insane.  As good as an NBA game as you'll ever see on a Monday in January.  If you missed it, find a replay.  Focus on the match-ups on both ends from Maxey/Tybulle and Morant/Bane.  Always extending, always moving.  The speed and athleticism.  Too bad that game was not national.  It was as good as it gets. 

Tobi haters in my section are finally coming around.  It was obvious between missing Ben and the covid bout that he needed time to adjust...and he has. 

Andre Drummond was a monster on those boards. 

Kork was big pimping in his street clothes.  He was "drip" master of the night. 

No Embiid and Seth went 1-8 from three.  Great win. 

• Like 2

What a lunatic. Dude admits he ignored all of Doc’s attempts to reach out to him but is angry Doc didn’t just show up where he was working out. 19MM and counting in fines accumulated so far. Hope he loses the eventual arbitration and never sees the money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

A fluff piece put out by Simmons camp and it still makes Simmons look like a petulant child. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, xBMTx said:

A fluff piece put out by Simmons camp and it still makes Simmons look like a petulant child. 

He makes a lot of sense when he cries about Rivers not coming to see him while he was training, even though he ghosted Rivers when Rivers tried to call him.

Been saying all season that under no circumstance do you include Maxey in a trade. Kid is going to be a star very soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That amount of money he is will lose is staggering. 

Seriously. That's some crap you'd only be dumb enough to do in your early 20's. Burning $30+ million because you're mad at your coach—who bent over backwards to shield you from criticism—finally cracked, and admitted that it's a little weird for a starting PG to be terrified of shooting. Just hope I'm alive long enough to hear 50-60 year old Ben Simmons' opinions on 24 year old Ben Simmons screwing himself out of $30 mil because his little fee-fees got hurt.

I also like the comment about Ben feeling upset because Embiid called him out for the Atlanta series when Ben didn't call Embiid out over the Toronto series. I don't remember any specific Embiid failure in that series, but if he failed, he failed while actually TRYING which is 1000x more forgivable than your starting all-star PG refusing to shoot the ball.  

• Like 5

next step for maxey is playing with this type of aggression when jojo is also on the court. he's young & tends to defer a bit too much. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, xBMTx said:

That's what I kept thinking while reading it. Clearly she was fed this by Rich Paul and Klutch, and it still makes Ben seem like a spoiled brat. 

The team is better without him, both on and off the court. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

next step for maxey is playing with this type of aggression when jojo is also on the court. he's young & tends to defer a bit too much. 

That will come with time I’m sure. I’m just excited to watch the kid develop and see just how good he becomes. The kid won’t even be 22 until next season. Right now the sky’s the limit… and he seems like a dude who will actually put in the work to get better, unlike the guy he replaced in the lineup. 

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

If I’m the Sixers in arbitration I bring up his rookie year he could’ve played after his foot healed. But they paid him and they allowed him not to play so he could get bonuses the following where he won rookie of the year. So we already paid him one year where he didn’t play at all and he could have. We’re not doing it a second time

All they need to say is the guy is healthy and is choosing not to play because he doesn't want to honor the contract he signed. The end. Nothing in his contract about people having to coddle him because he is a wimp.

• Like 1

Have to wonder if Morey starts to feel a little pressure to do a deal as long as the Sixers are this hot. He HAS to see that getting a couple good players back in return can help push this team over the top.  Needs to stop holding onto the pipe dream of getting a star in return for Ben when he can make a trade that can help this team NOW rather than wasting a year of Embiid’s career. 

8 minutes ago, nipples said:

Have to wonder if Morey starts to feel a little pressure to do a deal as long as the Sixers are this hot. He HAS to see that getting a couple good players back in return can help push this team over the top.  Needs to stop holding onto the pipe dream of getting a star in return for Ben when he can make a trade that can help this team NOW rather than wasting a year of Embiid’s career. 

He already said with the way Joel is playing, they are willing to accept a top 40 player rather than a top 30 player.

At the same time he was saying there do seem to be packages with the Kings that would work. 

Reportedly Haliburton, Hield, and Barnes was offered.

Conceivably, Fox is on their top 40 list, but wasnt offered. And so, still no deal done.

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He already said with the way Joel is playing, they are willing to accept a top 40 player rather than a top 30 player.

At the same time he was saying there do seem to be packages with the Kings that would work. 

Reportedly Haliburton, Hield, and Barnes was offered.

Conceivably, Fox is on their top 40 list, but wasnt offered. And so, still no deal done.

Morey should be fired on the spot if Haliburton, Hield and Barnes were turned down. In fact, I’d rather have Haliburton than Fox. Better fit IMO. 

Just now, nipples said:

Morey should be fired on the spot if Haliburton, Hield and Barnes were turned down. In fact, I’d rather have Haliburton than Fox. Better fit IMO. 

yep...

but, here we are.

27 minutes ago, nipples said:

Maybe the Kings are smarter than we assume and they want to keep him. Morey could be counting on the March Embiid injury to happen again as well and is willing to hold off to see if better offers come this summer.

9 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Maybe the Kings are smarter than we assume and they want to keep him. Morey could be counting on the March Embiid injury to happen again as well and is willing to hold off to see if better offers come this summer.

I struggle to see better offers coming in the summer when Simmons is then over a full calendar year since the last time he stepped on a court. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nipples said:

I struggle to see better offers coming in the summer when Simmons is then over a full calendar year since the last time he stepped on a court. 

I'm with you. Just saying why Morey may be doing what he is doing.