The Movie Thread

Agent23

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Driver was very good in Silence, which is a tragically underappreciated movie.

He outshone Garfield real bad there.

22 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Cocaine Beaver - It'll be cheap to get into but will probably leave you with lasting unwanted memories.

EF02A7B2-BBC3-464E-A45A-6769F06A2325.jpeg

• Like 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/quentin-tarantino-sets-the-movie-critic-final-movie-1235351260/amp/

Quentin Tarantino’s Final Film Is Coming as Filmmaker Readies ‘The Movie Critic’ (Exclusive)

Sources say the 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' and 'Pulp Fiction' filmmaker has written a script that he is planning on directing this fall.

MARCH 14, 2023 2:29PM PDT
  • Borys Kit

•  

11 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

man-peers-at-laptop-1200x630.jpg_h_250?f

You know what they say about big font…

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

You know what they say about big font…

a small compensation ?

Just now, wholesale_Melvin said:

a small compensation ?

I was going to say BIG WORDS, you meanie.

On 3/13/2023 at 8:15 AM, The_Omega said:

Cocaine Beaver - It'll be cheap to get into but will probably leave you with lasting unwanted memories.

Almost walked out of it, chickie was having a blast but at one point she could see it on my face and asked if i wanted to leave. I was a good husband and stuck around. As we were walking out, she stated "i'm going to pay for this, aren't i."

Soon as i heard the opening notes to Jane i rolled my eyes and thought, here comes Wet Hot Bloody Summer Camp. No one looked like they wanted anything to do with this POS except to hear someone say cut and collect that pay check.

Spoiler

Damn shame this was ray liotta's last movie and he literally spilled his guts for his final scene.

• 3 weeks later...

Went and saw that Dungeons and Dragons movie. Have never played, know nothing about DND other than the stereotypical views shown on tv or in movies. That said, really enjoyed the story. Really fun fantasy adventure film with a solid story and some really good humor.  Definitely recommend 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Went and saw that Dungeons and Dragons movie. Have never played, know nothing about DND other than the stereotypical views shown on tv or in movies. That said, really enjoyed the story. Really fun fantasy adventure film with a solid story and some really good humor.  Definitely recommend 

I never played either, but I feel like 95% of the naming use was to get a bigger budget. Stranger Things is more faithful to the source material than this film was :lol: 

Agree that it was a fun adventure/fantasy film though 

20 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I never played either, but I feel like 95% of the naming use was to get a bigger budget. Stranger Things is more faithful to the source material than this film was :lol: 

Agree that it was a fun adventure/fantasy film though 

It was extremely faithful to the source material.  Every spell and magic item they used, the weird creatures are all exotic races you can play, every critter and monster is in the manual.  every location and faction is from the Forgotten Realms campaign that they seem to like most for export.  There were plenty of inside jokes like dropping Mordenenkanen's name with expectation, etc.  The characters were all clearly defined classes you can play and their abilities matched.

It was an amazing Dungeons & Dragons script on top of being a really fun movie for anyone who doesn't know the IP.  The creative use of magic and problem solving on the fly gave it a tempo and personality that is unique to the game and unique in the fantasy film and show genre.  It was flat out hilarious in parts, exciting battles with a solid emotional core.

This was a hugely successful kick off to what could very well be the next big time IP multiverse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

It was extremely faithful to the source material.  Every spell and magic item they used, the weird creatures are all exotic races you can play, every critter and monster is in the manual.  every location and faction is from the Forgotten Realms campaign that they seem to like most for export.  There were plenty of inside jokes like dropping Mordenenkanen's name with expectation, etc.  The characters were all clearly defined classes you can play and their abilities matched.

It was an amazing Dungeons and Dragons script on top of being a really fun movie for anyone who doesn't know the IP.  The creative use of magic and problem solving on the fly gave it a tempo and personality that is unique to the game and unique in the fantasy film and show genre.  It was flat out hilarious in parts, exciting battles with a solid emotional core.

This was a hugely successful kick off to what could very well be the next successful multiverse.

Austin Powers Nerd GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Austin Powers Nerd GIF

Well if you're gonna talk about the source material maybe you should kinda know it?  It was ALL in there.  another inside joke was two armadillo like critters fighting over a piece of scrap metal while the characters are walking through the town.  Those are baby Rust Monsters, they eat metal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Well if you're gonna talk about the source material maybe you should kinda know it?  It was ALL in there.  another inside joke was two armadillo like critters fighting over a piece of scrap metal while the characters are walking through the town.  Those are baby Rust Monsters, they eat metal.

Revenge Of The Nerds GIFs | Tenor

On 3/19/2023 at 5:40 PM, wholesale_Melvin said:

Almost walked out of it, chickie was having a blast but at one point she could see it on my face and asked if i wanted to leave. I was a good husband and stuck around. As we were walking out, she stated "i'm going to pay for this, aren't i."

Soon as i heard the opening notes to Jane i rolled my eyes and thought, here comes Wet Hot Bloody Summer Camp. No one looked like they wanted anything to do with this POS except to hear someone say cut and collect that pay check.

Reveal hidden contents

Damn shame this was ray liotta's last movie and he literally spilled his guts for his final scene.

My little brother (little being relative) took my parents to see this.  They enjoyed it as much as you did.

Super Mario was much more enjoyable and fun than I expected. I just very much hated the location choice for the final conflict. 

On 4/6/2023 at 8:53 PM, Agent23 said:

Super Mario was much more enjoyable and fun than I expected. I just very much hated the location choice for the final conflict. 

It wasn’t terrible, it was decent for what it was. Not sure what to think about adults who would go see it without kids though. :unsure: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

It wasn’t terrible, it was decent for what it was. Not sure what to think about adults who would go see it without kids though. :unsure: 

Mario was created for me. Todays kids are just enjoying what’s mine. 

Spoiler

Super Mario Bros Peaches song

It's in the movie so I put it in spoiler tag

On 4/10/2023 at 8:11 AM, The_Omega said:

Whatever you're thinking it's 

charlie-murphy-wrong.gif

I really enjoyed it, it was much better than I thought it would be for a movie based on the Mario games. 

13 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Super Mario Bros Peaches song

It's in the movie so I put it in spoiler tag

There is also this 

Spoiler

On 3/13/2023 at 6:23 PM, The_Omega said:

Driver was very good in Silence, which is a tragically underappreciated movie.

Great film - I had to watch it for a class, and my wife and I could not stop talking about it days after we had seen it together.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Dune 2 trailer out.  Now go change your shorts.

Fing sand people

star-wars-i-hate-them.gif