The Movie Thread

Agent23

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

I’m at a 12 hour exploitation movie marathon today. They don’t announce the titles ahead of time but here’s the schedule with clues to the films, if anyone is curious or feels like guessing.

I am sitting through trailers for a Spiderverse rewatch to cleanse myself from last nights new transformers. 

27 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I am sitting through trailers for a Spiderverse rewatch to cleanse myself from last nights new transformers. 

Spiderverse movies are 2 for 2 so far. I’m looking forward to the third.

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2023 at 4:58 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I watched Avatar 2 last night, it's not a bad movie but it was essentially Avatar 1 all over again, only set mostly in the water this time instead of in the forest. Like I said, it's not a bad movie but it's kind of lazy of them to not come up with a new story.

I also kind of expected the CGI to have been better. At times, it just felt like watching an advanced cartoon... which I guess that's what it really is. 

Thought it was just downright awful......like painfully so.....

22 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

My guesses recorded for posterity:

1. Bullet in the Head
  2. The Spook Who Sat by the Door
  3. Legend of Hillbilly John
  4. The Devils
  5. Hercules in the Haunted World
  6. For Your Height Only
  7. Kid with the Golden Arm

Update?

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Update?

I only got 1 right.  

1. Full Contact (Chow Yun Fat’s next movie after Hard Boiled)

2. The Spook Who Sat by the Door

3. Gator Bait (I should have gotten this one.  Thought they played it before)

4. Black Jesus

5. Hercules w/ Lou Ferigno

6. The One Armed Executioner

7. Chinatown Kid

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Thought it was just downright awful......like painfully so.....

We watched it all the way through, but while I watched the first one several times, I'll likely never watch this one again.

On 6/10/2023 at 1:44 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Spiderverse movies are 2 for 2 so far. I’m looking forward to the third.

Some of the best movies I have seen in last few years. 

I actually appreciate the Spider-verse is taking their time with the story rather than rushing it.  They managed to get so many variants of Spider-Man into the movie while still developing the main ones.  While they're going nuts with all the variations of Spider-Man and the visuals and animation, they're also keeping characters at the center. The family, the friendships, the motivations, that make it more than just visuals. 

Leading into a 3rd movie with lots of potential for more and then to close out the trilogy I thought was a good choice.

(Avatar by contrast is terrible writing, acting and plots stolen from a dozen other movies but packaged in a shiny technology).

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 10:23 AM, NOTW said:

I actually appreciate the Spider-verse is taking their time with the story rather than rushing it.  They managed to get so many variants of Spider-Man into the movie while still developing the main ones.  While they're going nuts with all the variations of Spider-Man and the visuals and animation, they're also keeping characters at the center. The family, the friendships, the motivations, that make it more than just visuals. 

Leading into a 3rd movie with lots of potential for more and then to close out the trilogy I thought was a good choice.

(Avatar by contrast is terrible writing, acting and plots stolen from a dozen other movies but packaged in a shiny technology).

Could not agree more. Both Spiderverse movies could have very easily been look another cameo, look another cameo, look over here, but both of these movies have told amazingly well structured stories for the main character miles. Even though this movie was a part 1 of 2 I loved that Miles had a complete character arc for where he was in this movie while still leaving room for him to grow in the next movie.  

Add on top of a really good story just absolutely gorgeous animation and some really fun animation and Easter eggs you’ve got two absolutely home run movies.    Spider-Punks ever changing color scheme, and the water color world of spider-Gwen’s home were the two standouts to me. That and just the sequence of literally 100s of Spidermen each with a unique animation style, and a few live action drops, it’s one of the most unique animated movies (heck any movie) I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

, it’s one of the most unique animated movies (heck any movie) I’ve ever seen. 

Just wait till you see the end of Sausage Party 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

No Hard Feelings was hilarious 

Asteroid City was making me fall asleep

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

No Hard Feelings was hilarious 

Asteroid City was making me fall asleep

Wes Anderson always puts me to sleep

• Like 1

No Hard Feelings was a fun watch. It’s not at the level of Superbad for Romcoms but one of the better in recent years. Plus JLaw goes fully newd. Good date night movie. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No Hard Feelings was a fun watch. It’s not at the level of Superbad for Romcoms but one of the better in recent years. Plus JLaw goes fully newd. Good date night movie. 

I'll watch it just to see those teets

On 7/1/2023 at 10:38 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

I'm kinda rooting for Cilian Murphy to do an even drunker version of Timothy Dalton's Bond.

11 hours ago, Godfather said:

I'll watch it just to see those teets

she had the best fappening photos... so I heard :unsure:

23 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

No Hard Feelings… Plus JLaw goes fully newd.

So there were hard feelings 

• Haha 3