The Movie Thread

Agent23

MI: Fallout was hands down one of the greatest action movies ever made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 10:46 AM, Shepard Wong said:

I haven't seen that yet.  I'll have to bump it up my list.

Do it now 

On 5/17/2023 at 9:08 PM, mikemack8 said:

I have that on my shortlist to watch as well

Also do it now 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 9:07 AM, dawkins4prez said:

It was extremely faithful to the source material.  Every spell and magic item they used, the weird creatures are all exotic races you can play, every critter and monster is in the manual.  every location and faction is from the Forgotten Realms campaign that they seem to like most for export.  There were plenty of inside jokes like dropping Mordenenkanen's name with expectation, etc.  The characters were all clearly defined classes you can play and their abilities matched.

It was an amazing Dungeons & Dragons script on top of being a really fun movie for anyone who doesn't know the IP.  The creative use of magic and problem solving on the fly gave it a tempo and personality that is unique to the game and unique in the fantasy film and show genre.  It was flat out hilarious in parts, exciting battles with a solid emotional core.

This was a hugely successful kick off to what could very well be the next big time IP multiverse.

Just watched this - can’t speak to the source material but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 5:19 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Sisu is a 1st class grindhouse and stands up to the Tarantino & Rodriguez's best.

I finally got to see this.  Holy hell, what a great action/war movie.  Definitely wears it’s exploitation influences on it’s sleeve.  Just a kick ass movie from start to finish.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, hputenis said:

These movies are such a guilty pleasure of mine.  I've seen every one at least 3 times, and that is very unlike me.  Can't wait for this!  

There is no guilty aspect to it. Tom Cruise has perfected the action thriller and this series keeps getting better with every iteration. 

• Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 2:53 PM, The_Omega said:

MI: Fallout was hands down one of the greatest action movies ever made.

100% agreed. Amazing movie start to finish. 

Having a movie night with my 15 year old this summer. What are some cult classics that might be a bit under the radar. No restrictions on language or anything 

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Having a movie night with my 15 year old this summer. What are some cult classics that might be a bit under the radar. No restrictions on language or anything 

The Station Agent

17 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Legit low profile good movies or crazy "what the hell did I just watch" cult movies?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Legit low profile good movies or crazy "what the hell did I just watch" cult movies?

Let's hear both 

On 6/1/2023 at 4:01 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

August Underground, A Serbian Film, Nekromantik, Human Centipede, Ichi the Killer, Martyrs (the original).  These wholesome films should bring any father and child together. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, hputenis said:

August Underground, A Serbian Film, Nekromantik, Human Centipede, Ichi the Killer, Martyrs (the original).  These wholesome films should bring any father and child together. 

Serbian Film 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Serbian Film 🤣🤣🤣

It’s actually on Vudu for free right now. I’ve never seen this movie available anywhere. 😂

Someone on here mentioned Fall - I’m watching it now - this is some of the most anxiety inducing ish I’ve ever seen

• Like 1

Watched Searching and Missing last night - really enjoyed both.  Unique way to watch a movie.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 3:01 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Critters series, Better Off Dead, Summer School, Mannequin, Short Circuit, Labyrinth, Tron.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 4:49 PM, mikemack8 said:

Watched Searching and Missing last night - really enjoyed both.  Unique way to watch a movie.

I'm a fan of both.  Glad those movies seem to be finding an audience online.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 4:01 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Sorry.  Forgot to put a list together for you.  I'll post one on here soon.

I took my 17 year old to see The Room for the first time in a theater this past weekend.  Very much the new Rocky Horror in regards to audience participation.  He said it was the best experience he's ever had in a theater.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Sorry.  Forgot to put a list together for you.  I'll post one on here soon.

I took my 17 year old to see The Room for the first time in a theater this past weekend.  Very much the new Rocky Horror in regards to audience participation.  He said it was the best experience he's ever had in a theater.  

They still show that in theaters? :lol: 

16 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

They still show that in theaters? :lol: 

Rep houses will run it occasionally.  I saw it years ago but my son had only seen certain clips online and wanted to see it.  It was packed and the crowd was totally into it.

The actor that played Mark was there doing a Q&A and signing stuff.  It was pretty hilarious.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Rep houses will run it occasionally.  I saw it years ago but my son had only seen certain clips online and wanted to see it.  It was packed and the crowd was totally into it.

The actor that played Mark was there doing a Q&A and signing stuff.  It was pretty hilarious.  

That’s great :lol: 

Oh Hi Mark :roll: 

I’m at a 12 hour exploitation movie marathon today. They don’t announce the titles ahead of time but here’s the schedule with clues to the films, if anyone is curious or feels like guessing.

68541D5A-B44B-43B8-8449-EF4E3E89FC47.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My guesses recorded for posterity:

1. Bullet in the Head
  2. The Spook Who Sat by the Door
  3. Legend of Hillbilly John
  4. The Devils
  5. Hercules in the Haunted World
  6. For Your Height Only
  7. Kid with the Golden Arm
  • Like 3