The Movie Thread

Agent23

Didn't know Black Hawk Down was re-released in 4k. I love a good military movie in 4k so I had to re-watch it. Don't think they added anything from the original but it's been years since I've seen it so not sure.

Also didn't realize how many big name actors were in that movie

A Quiet Place II is really really good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mat said:

A Quiet Place II is really really good

I can't see until Thursday.

They had a doubleheader March of last year for the price of the original. It was the first scheduled event in my life that was cancelled from covid.

The first one (which I saw like 2 years prior?) I watched twice in theaters. First time solo, second with a chick I wound up having casual relations with. What i enjoyed most was the theater experience, as you could tell nobody in the audience (basically a packed theater both times) wanted to chew popcorn or slurp soda. Even the audience was trying their part to not make noise. 

• Like 2

Going to be banner year for fantasy films up an down the scale.

- Big Budget Dune

Boutique Studio The Green Knight

Indie Spine of the Night

• Like 2

Amen.  I'm really excited for all three of these.  The Spine of Night looks like prime Bakshi.  The Green Knight has always been a favorite story of mine and to see it look so good with horror elements properly infused, it's almost like it was made for me.  I want a truly great Dune movie so bad and this has a shot.  I've got my hopes up.

• Like 2

I don't know why but I thought the new Dune movie came out already because I was just waiting for it online lol

Wrath of Man was a decent action movie

Spoiler

I was a little disappointed in the revenge though. Thought he was going to end up taking everyone out himself

Had no idea he was some mob boss. That was interesting since usually it's not that way

19 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Amen.  I'm really excited for all three of these.  The Spine of Night looks like prime Bakshi.  The Green Knight has always been a favorite story of mine and to see it look so good with horror elements properly infused, it's almost like it was made for me.  I want a truly great Dune movie so bad and this has a shot.  I've got my hopes up.

I know most of us in here enjoy Interstellar, but I don't think Timmy was on people's radars until 2017 when he was dropping roles left and right. I had ticket for the train during Interstellar and I've been on board since his 2017 slate came out, so I'm looking forward to Dune

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't know why but I thought the new Dune movie came out already because I was just waiting for it online lol

Wrath of Man was a decent action movie

Reveal hidden contents

I was a little disappointed in the revenge though. Thought he was going to end up taking everyone out himself

Had no idea he was some mob boss. That was interesting since usually it's not that way

Add it to the list of Quiet Place 2 (tomorrow, now), Fast 9, James Bond, Top Gun 2, Black Widow, and a ton of other 2020 bangers that all got pushed out to this year.. at the earliest. 

Watched the Statham movie a couple weeks ago. Liked it, though agree some parts were are little curious as to the choices they made. 

First time zone downside I have encountered living in Minnesota. While sports and tv shows all starting (and ending) sooner here is a big plus, if I was back east I’d be watching a quiet place 2 at 7pm 15 mins ago instead of watching it at 7pm 45 mins from now :sad: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

First time zone downside I have encountered living in Minnesota. While sports and tv shows all starting (and ending) sooner here is a big plus, if I was back east I’d be watching a quiet place 2 at 7pm 15 mins ago instead of watching it at 7pm 45 mins from now :sad: 

While that is a slight inconvenience, the upside is watching sports in the midwest.  I loved watching Eagles games at noon and 3.  Would love it even more in the mountain time zone.  Pacific time is probably a little too early, but either way, that 1 hour gained is fantastic for all sports.  

• Like 1

A Quiet Place Part II was great and one of the best sequels in general I can think of at the moment. Go see it so AQP Part III is made. 

My one suggestion is to see the first one again before this. This movie is probably good enough to stand on its own but getting a refresher only helps. 

My only minor complaint 

Spoiler

The first film and even this one said 3 monsters confirmed in area. Counting the one from the first to the end of Part II they kill off 6. Seems like a lot to be in a small area, especially since this seems to be at minimal a North American problem. 

• Like 1

Fast and furious dobbs shaw is the dumbest hot garbage of a movie I've seen in a long time. Wow. People paid $760 million to see it. Just awful. 

• Haha 1

Cruella f'ing blows.  I have no idea who the target market for this could be.  It's not a kid's movie.  It's not an adult movie.  wtf.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 7:16 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I'm really hoping Dune is done right. Please don't screw this up. I need to see a great version of it before I die.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 12:41 AM, NOTW said:

Fast and furious dobbs shaw is the dumbest hot garbage of a movie I've seen in a long time. Wow. People paid $760 million to see it. Just awful. 

So you’re saying I booked the correct seat number?

45F54FF7-8619-43C9-A534-A1890EBD9C23.png

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

So you’re saying I booked the correct seat number?

45F54FF7-8619-43C9-A534-A1890EBD9C23.png

The fact that you are paying to see that movie, the answer is no.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, paco said:

The fact that you are paying to see that movie, the answer is no.

Psh, I have AMC A-List (note: Regal Unlimited >>> ) so for $23ish a month I can go to any regular/IMAX/Dolby/PRIME/etc. 3x a week. Name me 12 better options in a 4-week span shown in theaters and I will go see every one of those instead! 😛 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Psh, I have AMC A-List (note: Regal Unlimited >>> ) so for $23ish a month I can go to any regular/IMAX/Dolby/PRIME/etc. 3x a week. Name me 12 better options in a 4-week span shown in theaters and I will go see every one of those instead! 😛 

Virtually any movie currently showing

14 hours ago, paco said:

Virtually any movie currently showing

I don't think there are 12 different movies even showing globally! lol. And I have seen Godzilla-Kong, Mortal Kombat, Wrath of Man (Statham), whatever that Angelina Jolie firefighter movie is, Profile, Cruella, Spiral, Quiet Place 2, Nobody...

Looking up what else is out, pretty sure Dream Horse, Finding You, Here Today, and so PG13 rated "horror" movie are all going to be faaaar worse

And then the car goes VROOM and jumps over stuff and then something goes kaboom!  Family!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

i'm intrigued by a potential FF vs Jurassic Park movie. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Do we need to review the list of things you should never brag about?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

i'm intrigued by a potential FF vs Jurassic Park movie. 

SPOILER:

A T-rex will jump off a cliff to avoid an explosion and use its tiny arm to grab a vine to swing to safety.