The Movie Thread

Agent23

On 3/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, Mike030270 said:

Touché

Yes it's longer

It's called the ultimate cut version. I've just never seen this version. Might be old

It's been out on blu-ray for a while.  It's the directors cut with the animated Tales of the Black Freighter scenes cut into the movie to mirror the comic.

Elizabeth Banks to direct thriller Cocaine Bear

Banks has signed on to direct "Cocaine Bear,” which is described as a "character-driven thriller inspired by true events that took place in Kentucky in 1985,” produced by "The Lego Movie” filmmakers Phil Lord and Chris Miller.

According to a New York Times report, published in Dec. 1985, the bear died of an apparent cocaine overdose, found by the Georgia Bureau of Investigations in northern Georgia, "among 40 opened plastic containers with traces of cocaine.”

"The cocaine was apparently dropped from a plane piloted by Andrew Thornton, a convicted drug smuggler who died Sept. 11 in Knoxville, Tenn., because he was carrying too heavy a load while parachuting,” the report explains.

This sounds like it may be the most EMB movie ever made.

• Haha 1

Greenland is a bit of a sleeper hit.  Ending didn't offer much but it was pretty good on the way there.

• 2 weeks later...

Houston Tumlin, who played Walker Bobby in Talladega Nights, killed himself.

Talladega Nights actor Houston Tumlin commits suicide at age 28: Child star who played Will Ferrell's son is 'found at home with self-inflicted gunshot wound

• Tumlin took his own life at his home in Pelham, Alabama on Tuesday
  • His girlfriend was reportedly inside the home at the time
  • She took to Facebook to pay tribute to Tumlin, writing: 'I feel numb, I feel defeated, I feel lost, I feel empty'
  • Tumlin played Ferrell's foul-mouthed son in the 2006 comedy Talladega Nights: The Legend Of Ricky Bobby; the smash-hit film was his only major film credit
  • Since then, Tumlin served in the Army and recently worked repairing telephone lines 
  • Tumlin's Instagram betrayed no sign of his internal turmoil, and was instead filled with happy snaps of his family and beloved dog, Allie. 

17 hours ago, Agent23 said:

No happy people have dogs 

you haven't met my new dog kelcie, you know my dog kelcie.

Nobody was a solid enough popcorn flick, John wick knock off. Maybe similar to how peppermint was an entertaining enough watch along a similar genre. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's like the Transformers movies where they just need to stop making them but they still earn money

17 hours ago, The_Omega said:

:worthy: Han's back!

They need some explanation for the team to have invited Statham to the BBQ with open arms! 

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

They need some explanation for the team to have invited Statham to the BBQ with open arms! 

Cmon brah - the F&F movies stopped making sense like 10 years ago.  Just enjoy the ride :lol: 

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Cmon brah - the F&F movies stopped making sense like 10 years ago.  Just enjoy the ride :lol: 

They make perfect sense.  Family.  And ride or die.  But not necessarily in that order.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Omega said:

They make perfect sense.  Family.  And ride or die.  But not necessarily in that order.

And you only drink Corona

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Stealing small handheld electronics and DVD players to sending people into space via makeshift car rockets is a perfectly reasonable story arch

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Stealing small handheld electronics and DVD players to sending people into space via makeshift car rockets is a perfectly reasonable story arch

I feel like this has to be on Elon Musk's Wikipedia page.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@paco @mikemack8

This 5 minute short film just popped up on my hulu suggestions for "You might like," and I watched it.  I honestly might not sleep tonight.  Pandory is the scariest thing I've ever witnessed on my TV.  

Film Review: The Hug (2018) | Talking Pulp

• Sad 1

Dom has a brother that's NEVER been mentioned but in every single movies he's all about family

Someone make that make sense

Also I can't stand Cena. I think he sucks

11 hours ago, hputenis said:

@paco @mikemack8

This 5 minute short film just popped up on my hulu suggestions for "You might like," and I watched it.  I honestly might not sleep tonight.  Pandory is the scariest thing I've ever witnessed on my TV.  

Film Review: The Hug (2018) | Talking Pulp

Without googling it, it looks like from that picture a cross between Wonder Showzen and Five Nights at Freddies

10 hours ago, paco said:

Without googling it, it looks like from that picture a cross between Wonder Showzen and Five Nights at Freddies

Googled and found @hputenis.  More Five Nights at Freddies and zero Wonder Showzen

@mikemack8, this is EXACTLY what Showtime Pizza was all about

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

so i'm dispatching for a new customer named Cobretti Inc.

they don't have anyone named Marion working there and have no clue what i ment when i asked if they were still the 'Cure' .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

so i'm dispatching for a new customer named Cobretti Inc.

they don't have anyone named Marion working there and have no clue what i ment when i asked if they were still the 'Cure' .

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 2:16 PM, The_Omega said:

no interest and usually really love spielberg

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If there's f-ing and killing, I'm in.  If there's singing.....I'm out.  

And if there's choreographed dance fighting?

• Haha 1