Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wentz had a foot injury in the preseason. Now suffered both ankles sprained in week two. Just an update for those that have never seen that Wentz has durability issues.

Lmao yes because it happened under a pile while he has also been one of the most hit QBs through two weeks… just clown work you giving 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao yes because it happened under a pile while he has also been one of the most hit QBs through two weeks… just clown work you giving 

Yes, circumstances do matter lol

https://insidetheiggles.com/2021/09/21/philadelphia-eagles-jack-anderson-facts/

3. If Nick Sirianni wants to cook up some trick plays, this may be the guy to run them. 

Jack Anderson is also credited with a two-yard reception in 2017. Now, we know that Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni likes trick plays. Might the big guy sneak out into a pass pattern on the goal line? Judging by what we saw in Week 2, the Birds seemed disinterested in getting the ball to Zach Ertz or Dallas Goedert.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sure, instead of focusing all week on arguably the best pass rusher in Bosa he should have been practicing handoffs…if that’s your point 

No the point is he is our LT for 4 years. I'm sure 3 minutes per practice running a play will put him back 3 years,then we will trade him for the round 4 gatorade guy from Houston

11 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

No he is a guard. According to Ham that is impossible, don't even bring this up. What's the matter with  you???? :chair: 🤣  Running any type of a play 3 minutes per practice would surely ruin his young career

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No he is a guard. According to Ham that is impossible, don't even bring this up. What's the matter with  you???? :chair: 🤣  Running any type of a play 3 minutes per practice would surely ruin his young career

LMFAO couldn't resist!!! 1895654242_JackNicholson-AngerMgt.GIF.238ff56bd0ec54e5a67a0a24ba954027.GIF

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/brandon-brooks-has-possibly-played-his-final-game-in-philly

Thoughts?

If Dickerson plays (I doubt it, but who knows?) as well as Brooks this article would make sense. Dickerson much less against the cap. 

Why worry about him improving at his job? Let’s have him practice be a RB. If he could be good at a goaline plunge that would surely be more important than him actually playing G.

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why worry about him improving at his job? Let’s have him practice be a RB. If he could be good at a goaline plunge that would surely be more important than him actually playing G.

How many years after you learned to walk did it take for you to to chew gum? Did you have to sit down while you chewed because it impaired your ability to walk? Noone can take 3 minutes out of a practice to learn new things? Maybe the player would enjoy the brief break from the daily grind? Maybe it would be a FUN thing for him? I'm certain Foles never took 3 minutes a practice to run the Philly Special? You can't improve at your job by taking 3 minutes out of your 8 hour day doing something else? It completely would stifle all growth at your specialty? OK then."attention all team members, please return to your assigned boxes, this is not a drill!!!!". I'm sorry, I don't believe for one nano second that 3 minutes a day(OMG the fools COULD even stretch this to FOUR MINUTES!!!) is going to seriously alter the trajectory of your professional career path nor slow down your leaning curve to the point it makes a difference

It won't affect his ability to work at his position. To think it would is silly. This is done all the time within practices each week as they prepare for the next game. They take a session to go over new plays. They are NOT working on their normal positional play. They put specific people in whatever spot they require for the play to work and go over it until they feel it is enough. Then they go over another etc....

1 hour ago, stine said:

It won't affect his ability to work at his position. To think it would is silly. This is done all the time within practices each week as they prepare for the next game. They take a session to go over new plays. They are NOT working on their normal positional play. They put specific people in whatever spot they require for the play to work and go over it until they feel it is enough. Then they go over another etc....

I guess we are in the wrong camp. When I was a manager or business owner I always tried to get my employees to try new things, have some fun now and then to break up the boredom of the routine. I never had anyone tell me they didn't like it and in fact was told I was "the best boss ever" on way too many occasions to list. Choosing football as a profession should be no different,so I guess I would be a terrible coach and I will stay say letting Mailata truck some people would put a smile on his face. SO use it once. Now when you put him in you have a decoy(especially if the play worked). Put him in once in awhile because THEN defenses would need to account for him even if he did nothing at all(that alone is worth 3 minutes a practice IMO) But we can't do that as we're super bowl material as- is 🤣

IDK, I feel the way to beat Dullaz is with our TE's on a bit deeper routes over their LB's(8-12 yard range). I would not throw short passes where their LB's can stop them easily,but will Ertz play? Stoll had decent college numbers and is still learning. He had some nice preseason play which as we know doesn't account for alot until you can do it in a regular game. Personally I like Stoll's upside. Perhaps he gets a chance to show us he can do this. If he is successful,then I would have little problem next year with our TE's being Goedert, Stoll and Jackson. This is a great chance for him to show his stuff if Ertz can't go

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK, I feel the way to beat Dullaz is with our TE's on a bit deeper routes over their LB's(8-12 yard range). I would not throw short passes where their LB's can stop them easily,but will Ertz play? Stoll had decent college numbers and is still learning. He had some nice preseason play which as we know doesn't account for alot until you can do it in a regular game. Personally I like Stoll's upside. Perhaps he gets a chance to show us he can do this. If he is successful,then I would have little problem next year with our TE's being Goedert, Stoll and Jackson. This is a great chance for him to show his stuff if Ertz can't go

The Cowboys strength is LB. weakness is Secondary players. So I’d think …hmmm…attack their Secondary players. Or is that just too obvious?

We are not beating Dallas. As Much as I want to see it happen, their offense will be too much for us. I do think we will put up some points though...

I usually think it’s about keeping the other team off balance. So if we can run it successfully then we can catch them biting towards the run. And vice versa.

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Cowboys strength is LB. weakness is Secondary players. So I’d think …hmmm…attack their Secondary players. Or is that just too obvious?

Welp it's not like we're lighting up our WR's stats is it? Smith our STAR -1 catch last week and while I admit SF D is better, that's a very sad stat line  I'm looking for TE's on 8+ yard routes and Quez on a cross out of the slot.it would help if we took some deep shots EARLY and not wait until we are desperate

22 minutes ago, stine said:

We are not beating Dallas. As Much as I want to see it happen, their offense will be too much for us. I do think we will put up some points though...

I have an interesting fantasy issue. I have Sanders and Zeke lol. I don;t think I'm going to do well this week

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes, thats why I said to throw over them not under them(aka rocket science)

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I usually think it’s about keeping the other team off balance. So if we can run it successfully then we can catch them biting towards the run. And vice versa.

If LB's are their strength why would we have success running the ball?

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Welp it's not like we're lighting up our WR's stats is it? Smith our STAR -1 catch last week and while I admit SF D is better, that's a very sad stat line  I'm looking for TE's on 8+ yard routes and Quez on a cross out of the slot.it would help if we took some deep shots EARLY and not wait until we are desperate

True it’s our TEs that are killing people so far this season….you must be right 

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The answer is neither are doing squat!  Other than that one long completion, the WR's did nothing. So, what is your answer? Let's not throw it at all? Can't throw to the TE's or the WR's. Maybe we toss check downs to our RB's all game?

Plus you need to design a play for the TE's. How many targets did they have compared to the WR's?  They were open. Hurts just did not toss their way. Either they were 3rd option or he didn't have confidence to toss the ball..... Maybe he did not see them?

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah, it's all because of our awesome run game

Archived