Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I fear that was the final game for Brandon Graham. He may try abs come back but I doubt it can be at a high level. Our running game was effected by arguably the best player on the field …Niners LB Warner. If you didn’t know who he was before I’m sure you do now. He was absolutely incredible for them.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a LB like that?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, stine said:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a LB like that?

Heck yeah…since I consider him the best LB in the game right now. But you know…..I’d be fine with the best at any position being added.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean hard not to be. Mind you I do think they've over invested in the position. 

Yeah,they wanted a CB but everyone kept taking them lol.but wait until this crew gels,they are going to be TOUGH

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We need to figure out our passing game can’t rely solely on the bubble screens and quick passes as we seen with SF shutting us down and with a hampered secondary. 

Outside of Reagor out of bounds pass, Geodart on the last TD drive and Watkins we could not get any passing down the field. 

Also doesn’t help that we went like two and half qtrs without our WRs getting a pass. Want to say we had a grand total of 39 yards passing in the final two qtrs. 

Agreed,very sad. Smith wants to be a top receiver and he's not going to get that here at this rate

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah,they wanted a CB but everyone kept taking them lol.but wait until this crew gels,they are going to be TOUGH

But they are paying big money to a LB that is only playing 20 percent of the snaps.

Up to this point and really made little sense to add to Mailata’s tasks. I really just wanted him completely focused on becoming a stud LT. Looks like it has worked out well.

It's ONE play,doing what he grew up doing,trucking people. I'm not asking him to run the offense jesus

We played one good team and 1 bad team.  It shows.

The game against the Cowpies should give us an idea of where Hurts really is. The Cowpies D isn't that good.

What is the injury to Brooks?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's ONE play,doing what he grew up doing,trucking people. I'm not asking him to run the offense jesus

They just don't have a short yardage back.

The 3 actives are carbon copies of each other.

• Landon Dickerson came in to replace Brandon Brooks at right guard after the veteran suffered a chest injury. Dickerson got pancaked into Hurts on his first snap and allowed five total pressures. For perspective, no other Eagles offensive lineman allowed more than two. It was Dickerson’s first game after having no training camp so it’s understandable he’d be rusty. 
       The Oline had some good and bad vs a very formidable defense.

3 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

The game against the Cowpies should give us an idea of where Hurts really is. The Cowpies D isn't that good.

Chest injury

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

We' re talking about Mailiata running ONE play!!! ONE!!! But some think he is too stupid to "learn" what he grew up doing in rugby?. Did we overload Foles by forcing run run a pass pattern to pull off the Philly special? It's doesn't have to be this week lol 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:
  • Landon Dickerson came in to replace Brandon Brooks at right guard after the veteran suffered a chest injury. Dickerson got pancaked into Hurts on his first snap and allowed five total pressures. For perspective, no other Eagles offensive lineman allowed more than two. It was Dickerson’s first game after having no training camp so it’s understandable he’d be rusty. 

Well he is a center not a G

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The guy was trying to learn football. Last season was trying to play on the fly. This preseason he was in competition for a starting LT job. But sure let’s practice him at RB instead of him earning the starting LT with a new contract.

22 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I would not say this pressures were there Hurts helped on a few plays extending with his legs. But DTs for SF got some good penetration and Bosa did his thing had two sacks on the day was causing problems. 

Yea agreed...but BOSA  and his crew does this against the best lines in the game...Our newly minted LT and rookie LG in my mind were not overwhelmed or overmatched the competed at a very high level against a formidable front seven.

14 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

IDK bro, I see this team as a competitor for dullas. 

I am with you I can count on Dallas to find a way to help us win. I just think we're going to be good enough to beat the Stinking Gals especially with Nick chomping at the bit to redeem himself. Poor playcalling led to poor execution. I hope Nick has more to offer than what he gave Hurts in round 2.?

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think if you rewatch you'll see that the OL really wasn't great. Hurts didn't have a great pocket on a lot of plays. But hey maybe I'll rewatch and think actually no the OL were really good. 

That 9er Front 7 has a reputation for Overwhelming OLines for a Eagles OL whose right side is in their 2nd game back add Newly minted 4th year player in Mialata 4 years his whole body of work playing football held his own against All World DE BOSA and his All pro mates...That was an outstanding performance against an exceptional performer and this is only the beginning for this kid.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Yea agreed...but BOSA  and his crew does this against the best lines in the game...Our newly minted LT and rookie LG in my mind were not overwhelmed or overmatched the competed at a very high level against a formidable front seven.

Mailata and I stated this did fine I was just stating the SF DL was getting at us… To better support Mailata PFF graded him as the best O player on the team 

Considering he was coming off an ACLand hasn’t played/practiced in how long wasn’t terrible 

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Mailata and I stated this did fine I was just stating the SF DL was getting at us… To better support Mailata PFF graded him as the best O player on the team 

My kid said that through 2 weeks Mailata is rated by PFF as the 2nd best O lineman in the NFL

My thing going forward and this is for Siri and Hurts is can we find ways to attack teams in the intermediate passing game… I think our short game can work at times and will take timing for Hurts can at least keep teams honest with a decent deep ball(not sure he has the arm to complete them if they aren’t timed right from what i seen in the SF game)…

And not 100% sure if it was the OL him seeing Smith late or what but want to say I seen two deep balls that if Hurts could put little more on them Smith has a good chance to make a play on the ball and come down with it.

Through two games he has surprised me look better then I gave him credit for but I’m still not completely sold on him either.  It he is trending in the right direction 

Some thoughts on the game.

1. The team made a bad decision to go with Dickerson over Herbig once Brooks went out. Dickerson gave up more pressures in less than one game than Herbig did all of last season. It probably cost us the game.

2. There were two plays that I thought really killed us. One was Reagor going out of bounds on his TD catch. The other was Hurts underthrowing Smith on the deep pass. If we hit those two plays, the game is a lot different.

3. Quez Watkins should be on the field for every play. Playing Reagor over him is stupid at this point.

4. Genard Avery was our highest graded player on defense by PFF. He had one really bad play last week. I didn't notice him this week but I am eager to see the all 22 tape tomorrow to see how he did. Eric Wilson meanwhile has a sub 50 grade. I am wondering how much longer we keep Wilson out there.

5. With the exception of Steven Nelson, our free agent signings have been disappointing (Wilson, Harris, Kerrigan.)

6. Barnett just makes too many boneheaded plays. I have no idea why they brought him back for $10 million.

7. This one hurt. We have a rough stretch the next few weeks, and putting up a win here would have helped a lot. I put a lot of blame on the coaches. We still put guys out there who haven't earned playing time, and don't play guys who have. They earned this loss. Hopefully they will learn from it.

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The guy was trying to learn football. Last season was trying to play on the fly. This preseason he was in competition for a starting LT job. But sure let’s practice him at RB instead of him earning the starting LT with a new contract.

OH so he's too stupid to do what he did before he started to learn football????. It's ONE FREAKIN PLAY!!!!!. Who said anything about making him a  RB?????? I guess you would have NEVER EVER practiced the Philly Special. I mean a QB on a pass pattern? UNHEARD OF!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!! Don't even try it!! BTW just how many minutes per practice would this take 2 minutes per??? OMG for 40 million he can't do 2 minutes a practice?? If I'm paying a guy millions, I want to use every asset he could offer me. NP Ham, stayed packed in your little box where the rest of the team resides. No need to innovate or try new things,since the old things work so well as it is 🙄

Goff out there putting up the numbers lol glad I picked him up as my QB lol…

137 2 tds at the half can live with that 

7 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We need to figure out our passing game can’t rely solely on the bubble screens and quick passes as we seen with SF shutting us down and with a hampered secondary. 

Outside of Reagor out of bounds pass, Geodart on the last TD drive and Watkins we could not get any passing down the field. 

Also doesn’t help that we went like two and half qtrs without our WRs getting a pass. Want to say we had a grand total of 39 yards passing in the final two qtrs. 

Defense couldn’t stop the run and the offense could not sustain drives. That is the reason. The ole chipper offense….hurry up and run 3 plays and then punt. Haha. I so do not miss that guy!

If you're not watching the Peyton and Eli play by play you're missing something special. Favre on with them now. Hands down the best I've seen or heard in decades.

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Some thoughts on the game.

1. The team made a bad decision to go with Dickerson over Herbig once Brooks went out. Dickerson gave up more pressures in less than one game than Herbig did all of last season. It probably cost us the game.

2. There were two plays that I thought really killed us. One was Reagor going out of bounds on his TD catch. The other was Hurts underthrowing Smith on the deep pass. If we hit those two plays, the game is a lot different.

3. Quez Watkins should be on the field for every play. Playing Reagor over him is stupid at this point.

4. Genard Avery was our highest graded player on defense by PFF. He had one really bad play last week. I didn't notice him this week but I am eager to see the all 22 tape tomorrow to see how he did. Eric Wilson meanwhile has a sub 50 grade. I am wondering how much longer we keep Wilson out there.

5. With the exception of Steven Nelson, our free agent signings have been disappointing (Wilson, Harris, Kerrigan.)

6. Barnett just makes too many boneheaded plays. I have no idea why they brought him back for $10 million.

7. This one hurt. We have a rough stretch the next few weeks, and putting up a win here would have helped a lot. I put a lot of blame on the coaches. We still put guys out there who haven't earned playing time, and don't play guys who have. They earned this loss. Hopefully they will learn from it.

This team is below average. 4 or 5 wins for the season maybe. It sucks, but this team lacks talent.

Did Smith get open "by enough” for Hurts this week?

2) Not so fast. IF the Eagles score, the Niners play things differently. The game wasn't as close as the score was. The last TD was a product of playing softer defense.

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

If you're not watching the Peyton and Eli play by play you're missing something special. Favre on with them now. Hands down the best I've seen or heard in decades.

What channel?

Found it. ESPN2!

Archived