Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

We know what Ham and Joemas think of this. I wonder if anyone else agrees with us, or if we are the only two...

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, stine said:

We know what Ham and Joemas think of this. I wonder if anyone else agrees with us, or if we are the only two...

IDK,practicing a hand off is like 5 minutes(if that) for something he has basically done his entire life. But you know the football is a different size. I'm sure he could get used to that in 5 minutes a practice.Or hell work with him on the side. I think hammering people would put a smile on his face. Even if you did this JUST ONCE,you now have a decoy you can use forever,because now defenses must account for him. He could even run block at the GL for Sanders. I just paid him 40 million and we should use everything he can give

Stine-PS-they never woulda practiced the Philly special (which took mare than 5 minutes lmao)

But they are having conniption fits over ONE play

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s pro RB that have been doing it their wholelives.

OH he's done rubgy his WHOLE LIFE!!!! I guess the ball size difference is what's stopping him lmao. I bet there is no way you could play hardball after you played softball eh? Nope nothing similar there at all

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

A million. It could be returned on you, go in the end zone and recovered(leading to a touchback and they receive the ball at the twenty negating the low downside of the negative of not getting the yard by at least having your defense pinning them at the one),…..

So do it on 3rd down. Really in rugby holding onto the ball is PARAMOUNT and he GREW up doing it. Your excuses are as lame as our offense

1 hour ago, stine said:

I am trying to add Carr in both of my leagues... Have Stafford in one and Herbert in the other so he would be a great back up to have.....

I picked up Jameis thinking he was a new QB. After last game nope, same old BS. SO I am looking at Carr,Goff.Cousins to replace him as my BU

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Stine-PS-they never woulda practiced the Philly special (which took mare than 5 minutes lmao)

But they are having conniption fits over ONE play

Look, teams practice trick plays ALL the time. It is fun for the team and all enjoy it. So they try one of them once in awhile just to make it fun for some players. But to do this for one of your strongest players on the team is dumb? Why? Because you think someone is gonna sneak by our guards and center and put a smash hit at his knees. Really? how can anyone get up that type of steam moving 2 yards? We are talking goalline here. Not midfield.....

My League QB's are Brady,Murray,Stafford and Jackson depending on the league. I am 2-0 in 3 and 1-1 in the other

1 minute ago, stine said:

Look, teams practice trick plays ALL the time. It is fun for the team and all enjoy it. So they try one of them once in awhile just to make it fun for some players. But to do this for one of your strongest players on the team is dumb? Why? Because you think someone is gonna sneak by our guards and center and put a smash hit at his knees. Really? how can anyone get up that type of steam moving 2 yards? We are talking goalline here. Not midfield.....

Yeah he can fall forward for a yard lol

6 minutes ago, stine said:

Everyone yells "vanilla plays!!" Then when we come up with one it's rejected. go figure

Oh well it was my idea,so I will take all the blame/bashing. Lord knows with 55 rushing yards last game we don't need to do anything to score 🤣

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Everyone yells "vanilla plays!!" Then when we come up with one it's rejected. go figure

Oh well it was my idea,so I will take all the blame/bashing. Lord knows with 55 rushing yards last game we don't need to do anything to score 🤣

I also do not discount Joemas's idea of moving Mailata over next to Johnson and run the rock behind them. At least it is something new.... Much better than the repeat of the Philly Philly which most likely will never work again....

2 hours ago, stine said:

I am trying to add Carr in both of my leagues... Have Stafford in one and Herbert in the other so he would be a great back up to have.....

Carr was drafted in my league lol…. My QB options were dim didn’t help my league took a massive run on QBs and when you have to wait 20 picks during it. 

Our FA wire last week had Goff, Skins QB, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold(who I’m thinking of adding) Matt Ryan(who I drafted but dropped didn’t trust it) I’m basically changing my QB weekly based on favorable matchups 

My FF league I’m basically surviving thanks to my WRs Keenan Allen and Adam Thielan…. Derrick Henry saved me this week with a monster 47 point week. 

Dolphins Gaskin and Chiefs CEH been massive disappointments at RB for me. Thinking of adding Cordalle Patterson

something to ponder. Some people on here have the idea that Rugby players are smaller than Football players. Totally untrue. Difference is they may look smaller because they do not wear all the padding football players do. An average size rugby player in 2015 was 232 pounds. Hardly a light weight. They are fast and can hit hard, yet it took 3-4 of them to take down Mailata.

So my thought process which agrees with GBFL was to put in a play to use sometime down the road. Not every day. Heck maybe 1-2 times all year! Makes the game fun for everyone.....

10 minutes ago, stine said:

An average size rugby player in 2015 was 232 pounds. Hardly a light weight. They are fast and can hit hard, yet it took 3-4 of them to take down Mailata.

One big difference though is the tackling rules in Rugby vs Football… Rugby is below the shoulders above the knees… Football not so much very common to see football guys go low especially on the big guys.

I mean can’t say I’d be agains the idea of Mailata running in a scrum type play ie he is the FB on the goal line and the goal is to just push the pile likely won’t get hit low… But if we didn’t run him when he was just a depth guy not sure we would do it now after we paid him to be our LT of the future. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

One big difference though is the tackling rules in Rugby vs Football… Rugby is below the shoulders above the knees… Football not so much very common to see football guys go low especially on the big guys.

I mean can’t say I’d be agains the idea of Mailata running in a scrum type play ie he is the FB on the goal line and the goal is to just push the pile likely won’t get hit low… But if we didn’t run him when he was just a depth guy not sure we would do it now after we paid him to be our LT of the future. 

Hey, it was just a thought. I would never suggest we put it in the play book intending t use it on a regular basis. Just have it as something the coach can use some day when he feels it will work. He is only into his 3rd game so I doubt he has many as his disposal as yet.... Maybe after our bye week?

3 hours ago, stine said:

I didn’t disagree with the idea so much…..just wanted him focused on becoming a lineman first…then add to his plate after he proved himself.

7 hours ago, stine said:

Did you see the special on him aired on the NFL Network? Really spins a different picture about the dude....

I saw it. Gained a new respect for Collinsworth. He still gets under my skin doin our games though lol

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t disagree with the idea so much…..just wanted him focused on becoming a lineman first…then add to his plate after he proved himself.

Didn't we just sign him for 4 years? Would not that suggest he has proven himself?

I feel like this Dallas game is going to be the opposite of the SF game and be an offensive slugfest…. Think both offenses have an edge over the opposing teams D. 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Didn't we just sign him for 4 years? Would not that suggest he has proven himself?

Sure, instead of focusing all week on arguably the best pass rusher in Bosa he should have been practicing handoffs…if that’s your point 

Wentz had a foot injury in the preseason. Now suffered both ankles sprained in week two. Just an update for those that have never seen that Wentz has durability issues.

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wentz had a foot injury in the preseason. Now suffered both ankles sprained in week two. Just an update for those that have never seen that Wentz has durability issues.

Did you watch that game?

I don't give a damn who the QB was on that play. Indy (and us) are lucky he didn't blow out a knee

4 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Is Brandon Brooks out for the year or just short term IR?

Not supposed to be year long. Strain not a tear of his pec

Archived