Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

So really IDC how good a defense is, If we can only amass 55 yards a game from Sanders, we're not going anywhere. Smith 1 catch all game?? if Hurts can't throw downfield,we need a new QB. Although it's too early to tell yet, I find this lack of offense disturbing. Like I said, too early to tell yet but I really thought I would see more offense than we could produce

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

If you're not watching the Peyton and Eli play by play you're missing something special. Favre on with them now. Hands down the best I've seen or heard in decades.

Someone needs to put a muzzle on Collinsworthless. I hope he's not covering our game next week. He will be badmouthing us the entire time

52 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Goff out there putting up the numbers lol glad I picked him up as my QB lol…

137 2 tds at the half can live with that 

GB defense sucks, I wouldn't count on him only in certain match=ups. I think I will add Carr as my BU QB. Deciding if I want to add him in place of Fields,who will probably take some time to get rolling. Maybe I will stash both although that only leaves room for 3 BUs at other spots. But I'm 2-0 so my bench isn't important right now

13 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

My thing going forward and this is for Siri and Hurts is can we find ways to attack teams in the intermediate passing game… I think our short game can work at times and will take timing for Hurts can at least keep teams honest with a decent deep ball(not sure he has the arm to complete them if they aren’t timed right from what i seen in the SF game)…

And not 100% sure if it was the OL him seeing Smith late or what but want to say I seen two deep balls that if Hurts could put little more on them Smith has a good chance to make a play on the ball and come down with it.

Through two games he has surprised me look better then I gave him credit for but I’m still not completely sold on him either.  It he is trending in the right direction 

Hurts arm is no worse than Carr's. Yet Carr completes a long ball often. Difference? Carr let's it go when the WR is 15 yards down the field allowing the WR to catch the ball while running at full speed. Hurts let's it go after the WR gets separation which is too late. Result is an underthrown ball or the Wr battling for it 40 yards down the field. This comes with experience, so I am not knocking Hurts. I am just pointing out that he needs to trust the play. Once he does that no on will be complaining about his arm strength. Also, Brees had a weak arm and he seemed to do OK.......

10 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Goff out there putting up the numbers lol glad I picked him up as my QB lol…

137 2 tds at the half can live with that 

not so good in the 2nd half.....

10 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

If you're not watching the Peyton and Eli play by play you're missing something special. Favre on with them now. Hands down the best I've seen or heard in decades.

I'll pass. Not a Peyton Fan. Not a Manning fan. I actually like Collingsworth. He does allot of research before the games. Yes, he comes off a bit offensive at times but it is harmless....  Did you see the special on him aired on the NFL Network? Really spins a different picture about the dude....

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So really IDC how good a defense is, If we can only amass 55 yards a game from Sanders, we're not going anywhere. Smith 1 catch all game?? if Hurts can't throw downfield,we need a new QB. Although it's too early to tell yet, I find this lack of offense disturbing. Like I said, too early to tell yet but I really thought I would see more offense than we could produce

Need to give Sanders more touches per game. Keeping him under 20 is dumb. Smith was open a few times and Hurts did not pull the trigger. This will come in time. Remember, this team all needs to play and improve as a unit. We are far from the finished product....

16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The guy was trying to learn football. Last season was trying to play on the fly. This preseason he was in competition for a starting LT job. But sure let’s practice him at RB instead of him earning the starting LT with a new contract.

You make it sound like they would be taking him away for hours to practice one play.... Just not true. Only takes about 20 minutes to go over one play. Jordan, you need to stand here and take the ball up the middle and gain one yard. Yep, that is going to take hours of practice!

7 minutes ago, stine said:

You make it sound like they would be taking him away for hours to practice one play.... Just not true. Only takes about 20 minutes to go over one play. Jordan, you need to stand here and take the ball up the middle and gain one yard. Yep, that is going to take hours of practice!

Yeah that’s football. The sport where you train, train, train, practice practice practice practice all year…all week for just 17 actual games.

9 minutes ago, stine said:

I’m not saying you couldn’t ever do it in the future just saying…the guy was focused on trying to win a starting LT job and new contract. I believe taking a guy that had never played football and progressing him to starting LT was very impressive in the amount of time it’s happened.

I think if you only ever practice taking a handoff for twenty minutes in your entire life the odds would favor it resulting in a fumble live game.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think if you only ever practice taking a handoff for twenty minutes in your entire life the odds would favor it resulting in a fumble live game.

So is there really a big difference if you fumble at the 1 or turn over on downs at the one?

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not saying you couldn’t ever do it in the future just saying…the guy was focused on trying to win a starting LT job and new contract. I believe taking a guy that had never played football and progressing him to starting LT was very impressive in the amount of time it’s happened.

OK, so he now seems to have it down. Time to throw in a wrinkle, which can be done with minimal amount of practice. The dude has handled a Rugby ball all his life so I doubt he would have a hard time taking a hand off..... Not allot of technique involved. We have all played football before and know this.... More on the QB then the ball carrier....

1 hour ago, stine said:

Hurts arm is no worse than Carr's. Yet Carr completes a long ball often. Difference? Carr let's it go when the WR is 15 yards down the field allowing the WR to catch the ball while running at full speed. Hurts let's it go after the WR gets separation which is too late. Result is an underthrown ball or the Wr battling for it 40 yards down the field. This comes with experience, so I am not knocking Hurts. I am just pointing out that he needs to trust the play. Once he does that no on will be complaining about his arm strength. Also, Brees had a weak arm and he seemed to do OK.......

Sooooo all this is still what I said he doesn’t have the arm if he doesn’t time the release right. Just went into way more detail on it lol 

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

GB defense sucks, I wouldn't count on him only in certain match=ups. I think I will add Carr as my BU QB. Deciding if I want to add him in place of Fields,who will probably take some time to get rolling. Maybe I will stash both although that only leaves room for 3 BUs at other spots. But I'm 2-0 so my bench isn't important right now

My league is dry at QB 14 teams lot of teams have two QBs your dot he math lol…. Sooo yea I’m doing matchups for my QB position Zach Wilson got me like 18 points week 1, Goff snagged me 18 week 2…. Looking at Daniel Jones for week 3 vs ATL 

14 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Sooooo all this is still what I said he doesn’t have the arm if he doesn’t time the release right. Just went into way more detail on it lol 

Agreed BG.... We both feel he needs time. Hopefully all will work out for him. Having a Coach for more than a year certainly cannot hurt!!

OK, So one of my buddies from the old EMB has a friend on Twitter. This dude got a $25 free bet to place and he picked all NFL games against the Money Line. He had all right going into MNF. He stood a chance to win $724K had Detroit won.... Ouch.

Had that been me, I would have gotten all the cash I could to hedge the bet. Guaranty Cash in my pocket. Not sure if he did that or not.....

Wow what a payday that would have been. I life changing bet.

52 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

My league is dry at QB 14 teams lot of teams have two QBs your dot he math lol…. Sooo yea I’m doing matchups for my QB position Zach Wilson got me like 18 points week 1, Goff snagged me 18 week 2…. Looking at Daniel Jones for week 3 vs ATL 

I am trying to add Carr in both of my leagues... Have Stafford in one and Herbert in the other so he would be a great back up to have.....

2 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

So is there really a big difference if you fumble at the 1 or turn over on downs at the one?

A million. It could be returned on you, go in the end zone and recovered(leading to a touchback and they receive the ball at the twenty negating the low downside of the negative of not getting the yard by at least having your defense pinning them at the one),…..

1 hour ago, stine said:

OK, so he now seems to have it down. Time to throw in a wrinkle, which can be done with minimal amount of practice. The dude has handled a Rugby ball all his life so I doubt he would have a hard time taking a hand off..... Not allot of technique involved. We have all played football before and know this.... More on the QB then the ball carrier....

I disagree. Being in a totally different stance…taking off at the snap to a side and timing it down, plus the way you hold your hands and arms allot snap on the ball when handed off. We had coaches talking about extensively having a practice for the RBs before all just about the handoff. That’s pro RB that have been doing it their wholelives.

2 hours ago, stine said:

Need to give Sanders more touches per game. Keeping him under 20 is dumb. Smith was open a few times and Hurts did not pull the trigger. This will come in time. Remember, this team all needs to play and improve as a unit. We are far from the finished product....

I was expecting "more flashes of brilliance" and while I agree, I didn't see any of those

2 hours ago, stine said:

Give it up Stine, they are totally happy at being in the box and are scared of innovation,because you know "that's the way it's always been done"

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Give it up Stine, they are totally happy at being in the box and are scared of innovation,because you know "that's the way it's always been done"

I THINK we should run the T- Formation!  That is how they did it and it worked!

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Much better off brining in a WR who has not played a down,  to take the hand off and toss to the QB! What a concept!

2 hours ago, stine said:

He's been with this team what 3 years? I think by now he would understand what a hand off entails lol. But like I said before,give it up.I think he would have a blast doing it.If tossing 300 pound linemen 5 yards downfield doesn't say BEAST, then you are blind and he grew up trucking people before he even attempted football, but we're  both wrong Stine and we need to admit it and go back inside the box

Archived