Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

I have Jared Goff at QB and the chiefs RB CEH(who is playing now left…. My opponent has Hockenson left. Plus I already have a 20 point lead 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wentz left injured

That was ugly. I thought he'd blew out his knee.

Uggg. Well, I’m not sure what to think yet.

Observations:

* Brandon Graham season ending injury news just sucks! I REALLY like his tenacity vs the run and pass. And he just seems like a good, happy dude.

* OLine played well again. 5 guys are not going to win every down. The D gets paid too. In fact, 5 guys won’t all win on any down. I don’t mind seeing the rookie in, but he is a significant downgrade from Brooks.

* WRs caught the ball well again.

* D got a little lucky early in the game with a couple of HORRIBLE drops by 49ers’ players. But the D played very well. Hats off to the D. 

* Hurts dropped a dime to Watkins and then either forced several more long balls unsuccessfully or was told to throw them. He was late on his read and throw on two of those long balls. 49ers D is better than Atlanta’s, but Hurts regressed with a tougher opponent. He is learning. Hopefully he will see the field better and get through his reads faster going forward. I was disappointed that he and his WRs didn’t take advantage of  the lack of CB talent that was NEW to their defense. On TV it is difficult to see if the WRs are getting open or not.

* I’m not sure if Hurts forced those long throws or not, but they were all drive killers except for the one completion. I’d like to see higher percentage throws and sustain drives.

* As well as Slay played last week, he made a few business decisions today that I didn’t like. But I guess I have to pick my poison with high profile CBs. Can’t make a tackle with your back turned.

* SF is not that good! I was not impressed. No wonder they drafted a QB so high. Just saying.

* It’s early, but I still expect this season to be bad. I hate Dallas SOOOOOO much. I will watch, but I’m guessing I will not be happy.

Idk... I actually thought Hurts played pretty well.    There were a couple exceptional throws.   He has his limits, but the throws he can make, he executes then well.   The rolling left and throwing and the deep ball that's slow developing... he just doesn't have the arm strength.  But he throws a nice 40 yard ball when he unloads it early.   

My problem with the whole thing.   It's the Chip Kelly offense again except it's not as fast.  Same concepts etc.   How much success can  you have when your QB plays pretty well and his final #s are 12 completions and 10 rushes.  You scored one TD, which the whole drive was the QB running.   I just don't see it as a winning formula long term.  And IMO Hurts was better this week than last week.  The opponent was night and day difference though. 

The punter is excellent.   Dude also had a nice hold on a low snap on the first FG. Great find.

The coach... very refreshing for the coach to blame himself ... in a way that wasn't defensive and where I actually believe him.   

Especially for this organization that likes to constantly tell us how smart they are, nice to see the down to earth coach not act infallible. 

44 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The coach... very refreshing for the coach to blame himself ... in a way that wasn't defensive and where I actually believe him.   

Especially for this organization that likes to constantly tell us how smart they are, nice to see the down to earth coach not act infallible. 

He's new,give Howie time to set him straight 🤣

Dullaz looked totally solid. I don't see us winning that one either. I am back to my original thought of 6 wins,7 with luck After the  "OMG this teams rocks" injection wore off today. Hurts stat line wasn't terrible,not great either. Fact remains, IMO, if we can't get the running game going there will be many weeks like this one(like 11 of them)

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

My problem with the whole thing.   It's the Chip Kelly offense again except it's not as fast.  Same concepts etc.   How much success can  you have when your QB plays pretty well and his final #s are 12 completions and 10 rushes.  You scored one TD, which the whole drive was the QB running.   I just don't see it as a winning formula long term.  And IMO Hurts was better this week than last week.  The opponent was night and day difference though. 

That's weird cause I don't know football like you do…………but last week part way into the game I was like………………this looks a lot like Chip's formations/scheme lol. Is it mainly an RPO offense? Playing to the strengths of a majority rookie/young O?

35 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Dullaz looked totally solid. I don't see us winning that one either. I am back to my original thought of 6 wins,7 with luck After the  "OMG this teams rocks" injection wore off today. Hurts stat line wasn't terrible,not great either. Fact remains, IMO, if we can't get the running game going there will be many weeks like this one(like 11 of them)

IDK bro, I see this team as a competitor for dullas. 

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Right now the day after a tough defeat I don't see it. I think Dullarse are going to have too much for us unfortunately. Man I hate them. 

41 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right now the day after a tough defeat I don't see it. I think Dullarse are going to have too much for us unfortunately. Man I hate them. 

If they can win the turn over battle I see it as feasible. 1 and 1 split with them this season. I hate them too!

2111570453_EaglesDALLASSUCKS.png.67bbf95660f06a80b2383d296c9112f3.png

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If they can win the turn over battle I see it as feasible. 1 and 1 split with them this season. I hate them too!

2111570453_EaglesDALLASSUCKS.png.67bbf95660f06a80b2383d296c9112f3.png

As the week goes on I'll probably look at things a little differently. Right now after the performance yesterday it's hard to see us winning this. I mean they do have a very good offense. 

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

That's weird cause I don't know football like you do…………but last week part way into the game I was like………………this looks a lot like Chip's formations/scheme lol. Is it mainly an RPO offense? Playing to the strengths of a majority rookie/young O?

2 big differences... the OL now is solid compared to Chip's OL. Way more physical. Especially at the G spots.   Or as some call it OG.   The other is you have a running QB ( like Vick) but with good accuracy and smooth touch on the short throws like Foles.    You don't really need the big arm in this type of offense.   Not my favorite to watch, but that's just my preference.   I like the QB changing plays and throwing down field.  If I ran the league,  I'd put rules in to discourage the constant bubble screens we see today.  Nothing against it, just not my thing.  

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As the week goes on I'll probably look at things a little differently. Right now after the performance yesterday it's hard to see us winning this. I mean they do have a very good offense. 

I could easily see us beating Dallas,  their D is missing Lawrence and they got lucky with Chargers penalties today.   On the turf, it favors our speed game.   Of course, we gotta stop them too.   Right now without really being emotional about this team, I can't say anything definitive,  especially vs teams in our division.  I do think by the end of the year, the division won't be as bad as people think.   But right now,  nothing would surprise me. 

43 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I could easily see us beating Dallas,  their D is missing Lawrence and they got lucky with Chargers penalties today.   On the turf, it favors our speed game.   Of course, we gotta stop them too.   Right now without really being emotional about this team, I can't say anything definitive,  especially vs teams in our division.  I do think by the end of the year, the division won't be as bad as people think.   But right now,  nothing would surprise me. 

Oh we absolutely can beat them no doubt about it. But that offense worries me and I think their defense can at least do something against our offense which struggled this week. 

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I've got to be honest I don't really get this whole it was Hurts fault thing. I thought the play calling was questionable and I thought the OL really struggled. Two factors that aren't going to help any QB. 

They missed opportunities at the end of the first and as a result they had to get away from the run game which is a big part of this scheme.

The OL played great. Against that D-Line? 2 sacks by Bosa. Most of the game Hurts had all day to toss the ball. He under threw a few that would have gone for TD's. He needs to recognize the defense and make the throw. Don't hold it too long! Listen, He is basically in his rookie season still so I am not upset, but 12 completions is not going to beat a good SF team. Also, I agree with the 1st and goal at the one. QB Sneak? Heck, Put Dillard in and hand the ball off to Mailata! Lets see who can prevent him from getting 1 yard?

16 minutes ago, stine said:

The OL played great. Against that D-Line? 2 sacks by Bosa. Most of the game Hurts had all day to toss the ball. He under threw a few that would have gone for TD's. He needs to recognize the defense and make the throw. Don't hold it too long! Listen, He is basically in his rookie season still so I am not upset, but 12 completions is not going to beat a good SF team. Also, I agree with the 1st and goal at the one. QB Sneak? Heck, Put Dillard in and hand the ball off to Mailata! Lets see who can prevent him from getting 1 yard?

I think if you rewatch you'll see that the OL really wasn't great. Hurts didn't have a great pocket on a lot of plays. But hey maybe I'll rewatch and think actually no the OL were really good. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think if you rewatch you'll see that the OL really wasn't great. Hurts didn't have a great pocket on a lot of plays. But hey maybe I'll rewatch and think actually no the OL were really good. 

Most on here are saying the same as me. SF has one of the best D-lines in the league and we held our own against them. I think the play calling helped SF on some plays to be honest.

Anyway, we play a Dallas team with a much more depleted D-Line on Monday. This will be a test to see if we can compete in our division. Dallas offense will also be a true test. One thing in our favor is their coach is not good at play calling either lol.....  I really don't have a clue about next week. Game could go either way..... If we lose then we will most likely start the season 1-4 with KC and TB coming after...

1 minute ago, stine said:

Anyway, we play a Dallas team with a much more depleted D-Line on Monday. This will be a test to see if we can compete in our division. Dallas offense will also be a true test. One thing in our favor is their coach is not good at play calling either lol.....  I really don't have a clue about next week. Game could go either way..... If we lose then we will most likely start the season 1-4 with KC and TB coming after...

Yeah I can't call it either. It could go either way. Their strength lines up nicely with our strength. Their weakness probably lines up with our weakness. So it's going to be very interesting. I fear though that their offense will have its way with our defense and that'll be the deciding factor. But I mean it really could go either way. 

Then it's KC, Carolina then TB. Could be looking at 1-5 very easily. But hey could be looking at 3-2 also. 

9 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I don't

7 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm jealous of their LB's

Archived