Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I could easily see us beating Dallas,  their D is missing Lawrence and they got lucky with Chargers penalties today.   On the turf, it favors our speed game.   Of course, we gotta stop them too.   Right now without really being emotional about this team, I can't say anything definitive,  especially vs teams in our division.  I do think by the end of the year, the division won't be as bad as people think.   But right now,  nothing would surprise me. 

We lost Graham. Also they have had alot longer to "gel" and get chemistry with their WR's. We are not there yet IMO. Their LB's are top rate as a group and if we can't run,we can't win in my view. Pretty pedestrian numbers coming out. 54 yards from Sanders won't cut it at AT&T. Perhaps in the second game we will be farther ahead, more gelled,but as of right now I don't see us taking this one. The good news is Mailiata is the real deal and he did very well against Bosa,so there should be time for Hurts to checkdown. Our WR stats were also pedestrian and we should have used our TE's more. if we want any chance at all the TE's need to play a bigger role. The O line is good in Pass pro,but they are not opening holes or running lanes

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, stine said:

The OL played great. Against that D-Line? 2 sacks by Bosa. Most of the game Hurts had all day to toss the ball. He under threw a few that would have gone for TD's. He needs to recognize the defense and make the throw. Don't hold it too long! Listen, He is basically in his rookie season still so I am not upset, but 12 completions is not going to beat a good SF team. Also, I agree with the 1st and goal at the one. QB Sneak? Heck, Put Dillard in and hand the ball off to Mailata! Lets see who can prevent him from getting 1 yard?

NO NO NO I got bashed for mentioning this long ago. I think a 1 yard hand off to Mailata letting him steam roll a few guys would put a HUGE smile on his face. But NO,this is NOT possible because everyone said it wasn't lol. How DARE you think outside the box

2 hours ago, stine said:

I FORGOT ABOUT Carolina.... ugh!

They look solid-my default homers

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

NO NO NO I got bashed for mentioning this long ago. I think a 1 yard hand off to Mailata letting him steam roll a few guys would put a HUGE smile on his face. But NO,this is NOT possible because everyone said it wasn't lol. How DARE you think outside the box

Well, If Perry can do it for da bears, I think we can use our Rugby player, that knows how to hold onto a ball to get one yard at the goal line, no?

4 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, If Perry can do it for da bears, I think we can use our Rugby player, that knows how to hold onto a ball to get one yard at the goal line, no?

Sure, like I said I said this last year, but got bashed from every angle. In Rugby you run people over. It doesn't take lot of talent to do that, so I have ALWAYS been for him taking a "tackle eligible" shot lol. Even a little pitch play. IDK if 3 guys could take him down and like I said,I think he would get a HUGE smile on his face

I can see Mailata pancaking the Dullaz LB HAHAHAHA

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sure, like I said I said this last year, but got bashed from every angle. In Rugby you run people over. It doesn't take lot of talent to do that, so I have ALWAYS been for him taking a "tackle eligible" shot lol. Even a little pitch play. IDK if 3 guys could take him down and like I said,I think he would get a HUGE smile on his face

I can see Mailata pancaking the Dullaz LB HAHAHAHA

No Pitch. Just hand him the ball and let him run right up the middle.....

1 minute ago, stine said:

No Pitch. Just hand him the ball and let him run right up the middle.....

Any play would do. He should be used to taking pitches,that's what they do in rubgy(different ball but same thing really). but either way we should utilize him in my view

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

God, can we please give Mailata the ball, have the defense take his legs out for no gain .... so we can be done with this discussion.   Dude played like 12 games of football in his life and could easily be on a path to be a long term stud at LT ...but he needs the ball.   Please call it next game Nick, so we don't have to hear this anymore.   Please..  put the road grader Dillard in and run Mailata behind him.  Just do it already.  

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

God, can we please give Mailata the ball, have the defense take his legs out for no gain .... so we can be done with this discussion.   Dude played like 12 games of football in his life and could easily be on a path to be a long term stud at LT ...but he needs the ball.   Please call it next game Nick, so we don't have to hear this anymore.   Please..  put the road grader Dillard in and run Mailata behind him.  Just do it already.  

yeah let's not even try it(this is why we lose games because we are predictable)

Do it once. From then on you have a couple plays.Hurts can run behind him,or you can't put him in and do nothing as a decoy,but now defenses have to account for him. But no stay in the little box we always have. Pffft

28 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Sure, rather run Philly Philly using Ward as a QB!  That really is smart! Not sure how anyone is gonna take his legs out running up the middle for a freaking yard. Refrigerator Perry did it rather easily even though everyone knew what was coming. Here you have a Rugby player who knows how to run with a ball but "For Heaven's Sake! Don't do that!!!" He is a LT.

That, my friend, is why we are 1-1. We ran 3 stupid plays instead of running right up the gut. OK, don't Use Mailata, but at least try a QB sneak. Run the freaking ball for a yard right up the gut. Running wide allows for penetration which could set you for a loss. that would not happen on a QB sneak behind Kelce...

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah let's not even try it(this is why we lose games because we are predictable)

I agree ...we lose games not because of all the other 1000 reasons...it's because we don't take a 7 foot tall stud blocker away from the position he is starting to dominate and give him the ball where he has never had multiple opponents have the opportunity to legally hit him below the waste while they are wearing helmets and pads.   

Yeah ... the predictable way we finished the drive after the 91 yard pass was the problem. 

When has anyone ever had his legs taken out from him trying for a yard right up the gut behind a center guard? He is pushing right behind his lineman. I cannot see how this is even possible. Had he tried off tackle or around the end I could see it but not straight ahead....

2 minutes ago, stine said:

Sure, rather run Philly Philly using Ward as a QB!  That really is smart! Not sure how anyone is gonna take his legs out running up the middle for a freaking yard. Refrigerator Perry did it rather easily even though everyone knew what was coming. Here you have a Rugby player who knows how to run with a ball but "For Heaven's Sake! Don't do that!!!" He is a LT.

That, my friend, is why we are 1-1. We ran 3 stupid plays instead of running right up the gut. OK, don't Use Mailata, but at least try a QB sneak. Run the freaking ball for a yard right up the gut. Running wide allows for penetration which could set you for a loss. that would not happen on a QB sneak behind Kelce...

Refrigerator Perry was about a foot shorter and not a stud that you would be taking away from actually blocking... like the reason he got paid...you know to block people, which he does tremendously well in the run game.  

How about this for you.... line up Goedert at LT like we used to do with Celek...then move Mailata next to Lane.. then run behind that.    That's should be outside the box enough for you all,and still use the guy's best skill ...which is moving people out of the way.  

But again..  I'm with you all...do it Nick.  I don't want to hear this crap anymore, but until you call that play, unfortunately it will be a discussion. 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

How about this for you.... line up Goedert at LT like we used to do with Celek...then move Mailata next to Lane.. then run behind that.    That's should be outside the box enough for you all,and still use the guy's best skill ...which is moving people out of the way.  

At least that is something worth trying. Trick pass plays inside the 5 yard line are stupid to attempt.

BTW- In Rugby, tackling below the waist is the ONLY Legal way to tackle... Above the waist is illegal and can result in a card being given.... So, yes, Mailata is used to people trying to take away his legs when he played Rugby.... I am not saying to do this all the time. Only in a 1 yard to go.... How often would that be? Maybe 5-10 times a year.... Coaches do silly plays like this all the time for certain players to have "Fun". It is not unusual.....

Perry was 6" Shorter and 9 pounds lighter than Mailata. 

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree ...we lose games not because of all the other 1000 reasons...it's because we don't take a 7 foot tall stud blocker away from the position he is starting to dominate and give him the ball where he has never had multiple opponents have the opportunity to legally hit him below the waste while they are wearing helmets and pads.   

Yeah ... the predictable way we finished the drive after the 91 yard pass was the problem. 

SO besides the 1000 other reasons you are against innovation. OK like I said,just do the same old same old, nothing to throw anyone a curve. Run that 2 gap with Sanders every GL play. We got this. No need to get the most out of your players for the 40 some million you just paid him. Got it

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Welp we didn't  cross the GL did we? 1 play 91 yards,then we can't make the other 9 comical(and sad)

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

still use the guy's best skill ...which is moving people out of the way. 

That's WTH we are talking about at the GL LOL

It's ONE freakin play!!!! ONE!!! We're not converting him to a RB ,but let the guy have some fun. Even if he doesn't make it now the threat is there and he must be accounted for by defenses(I'm sorry,I need to crawl back into the box)

Should never have attempted the Philly Special since Foles was NOT a receiver and your BU RB and TE surely can't pass. Skip it(although that will remain on SB reels forever)

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm jealous of their LB's

Yeah I mean hard not to be. Mind you I do think they've over invested in the position. 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We lost Graham. Also they have had alot longer to "gel" and get chemistry with their WR's. We are not there yet IMO. Their LB's are top rate as a group and if we can't run,we can't win in my view. Pretty pedestrian numbers coming out. 54 yards from Sanders won't cut it at AT&T. Perhaps in the second game we will be farther ahead, more gelled,but as of right now I don't see us taking this one. The good news is Mailiata is the real deal and he did very well against Bosa,so there should be time for Hurts to checkdown. Our WR stats were also pedestrian and we should have used our TE's more. if we want any chance at all the TE's need to play a bigger role. The O line is good in Pass pro,but they are not opening holes or running lanes

I fear that was the final game for Brandon Graham. He may try abs come back but I doubt it can be at a high level. Our running game was effected by arguably the best player on the field …Niners LB Warner. If you didn’t know who he was before I’m sure you do now. He was absolutely incredible for them.

We need to figure out our passing game can’t rely solely on the bubble screens and quick passes as we seen with SF shutting us down and with a hampered secondary. 

Outside of Reagor out of bounds pass, Geodart on the last TD drive and Watkins we could not get any passing down the field. 

Also doesn’t help that we went like two and half qtrs without our WRs getting a pass. Want to say we had a grand total of 39 yards passing in the final two qtrs. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO besides the 1000 other reasons you are against innovation. OK like I said,just do the same old same old, nothing to throw anyone a curve. Run that 2 gap with Sanders every GL play. We got this. No need to get the most out of your players for the 40 some million you just paid him. Got it

Up to this point and really made little sense to add to Mailata’s tasks. I really just wanted him completely focused on becoming a stud LT. Looks like it has worked out well.

Archived