Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

I agree....he was tired of being jerked around...  it was obvious he was the token ... buy also if he felt strongly that the organization was going in the right direction,  he might have stayed.  

Why wasn't it obvious the people on the inside knew this was a sinking ship?  Because Kelce and Graham got more money to stay and the end of their careers.   This is nothing new?  

Agreed

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I don’t think our offense is as bad as people make it out of be I don’t think the group lacks talent… We don’t have that superstar player but we have an avg. to above avg. OL decent though young WRs(and they get open) a good TE and a RB that again young can make some players.

Dont think this is a dominate top tier O but I also don’t think this is an offense that should be doing nothing for 3 qtrs then padding up stats in garbage time either. Been a lot of missed opportunities for this offense 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What did he accomplish in that postseason? Yeah….sad. I really hope the guy gets to play in some big time football for real. He obviously works really hard. Feel like he deserves more of a taste of the postseason than that.

Yea I mean 100% Wentz fault he gets down then Clowney comes crashing into his helmet…. I know Hurts leadership would just deflect that illegal blow away 

What did he accomplish in that postseason? Yeah….sad. I really hope the guy gets to play in some big time football for real. He obviously works really hard. Feel like he deserves more of a taste of the postseason than that.

Well first you need to GET to postseason lol

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree....he was tired of being jerked around...  it was obvious he was the token ... buy also if he felt strongly that the organization was going in the right direction,  he might have stayed.  

Why wasn't it obvious the people on the inside knew this was a sinking ship?  Because Kelce and Graham got more money to stay and the end of their careers.   This is nothing new?  

They built a shrine for Foles. Statue. The Super glory. Then Wentz got benched. He  needed a new place to get out of that shadow. New beginning for himself and stature.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Heads are going to roll. I actually feel it happening for real this time. Unless we get on some kind of winning streak. Or maybe win a game …..and a tie

I think you feel this way because in your mind....Hurts is a good QB so we must rush to change things around him... instead of getting rid of him.

Which is surprising after your attitude with the last QB who actually showed he could win with some decent teammates. 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

They built a shrine for Foles. Statue. The Super glory. Then Wentz got benched. He  needed a new place to get out of that shadow. New beginning for himself and stature.

He needed players to help win football games.  Tanner and Lupus aren't going to win anything in real life.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well first you need to GET to postseason lol

We did three years in a row. Kind of backed in a bit….but it happened either way.

LMAO well he WAS the QB that got us our first SB

I mean let’s go back in time we got a young rookie Carson Wentz get told hey your the starter a week before the season after missing camp has one of the worst roster on offense to support him yet we win 7 games…. Hurts has 3 wins in his career and he has a much better supporting cast then Wentz as a rookie 

We did three years in a row. Kind of backed in a bit….but it happened either way.

So because we didn't WIN that was all Wentz??? AMAZING!!! Being outscored had nothing to do with defense?

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think you feel this way because in your mind....Hurts is a good QB so we must rush to change things around him... instead of getting rid of him.

Which is surprising after your attitude with the last QB who actually showed he could win with some decent teammates. 

You guys can keep bringing up Hurts. There is no hope for Hurts under Siri. This ships going down!

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I blame the non existent pass rush we USED to have

Like when someone said that this defense would be in trouble if they lost either Cox or Graham.  Amazing isn't it?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So because we didn't WIN that was all Wentz??? AMAZING!!! Being outscored had nothing to do with defense?

I’m just pointing out that we did make the postseason. That was your point. Wentz just wasn’t a part of that.

You guys can keep bringing up Hurts. There is no hope for Hurts under Siri. This ships going down!

Nah,there is no hope for a college offense in the NFL and Hurts is a college QB and we are making no attempt to change that

Like when someone said that this defense would be in trouble if they lost either Cox or Graham.  Amazing isn't it?

Or if we hired all these young coaches that are up jumped across the board.

You guys can keep bringing up Hurts.

We bring up Hurts because you act like this man is flawless when he has been playing terrible and no it isnt Siri offense that’s an excuse for his bad player nothing more…. Siri offense isn’t making Hurts miss open targets being one of the least accurate QBs in the nfl…. Which is even more concerning when you consider all the gimmie throws our offense gives him 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean let’s go back in time we got a young rookie Carson Wentz get told hey your the starter a week before the season after missing camp has one of the worst roster on offense to support him yet we win 7 games…. Hurts has 3 wins in his career and he has a much better supporting cast then Wentz as a rookie 

More importantly... from day 1, Wentz was calling audibles and playing big boy QB.  The game was never too big for him mentally.    His WR group his rookie year... Matthews,  Agholor and Huff.    The next year they put some talent around him and he was MVP level.    Yet fans don't see this????    I'm dumbfounded with this.   Sports is a simple concept... when you put good players together they have success.  The one year they did it, they win.  

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Pedey vs Siri…..does the coaching matter or not?

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m just pointing out that we did make the postseason. That was your point. Wentz just wasn’t a part of that.

Wentz wasn’t a part of making the postseason in 2017 or 2019?    Really?

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We bring up Hurts because you act like this man is flawless when he has been playing terrible and no it isnt Siri offense that’s an excuse for his bad player nothing more…. Siri offense isn’t making Hurts miss open targets being one of the least accurate QBs in the nfl…. Which is even more concerning when you consider all the gimmie throws our offense gives him 

Just be a hater. Doesn’t bother me. He’s so terrible that all Siri does is throw the ball. That doesn’t even work much for the best in the game. Weren’t we like the top rushing team our Super season? But no….that’s just showing weakness to be balanced at all and not just have defenses playing you like a fiddle.

You mean the rookie HC that struggled at times and had a whole like 8 years of experience…. Mad a ton of bone head calls and decisions throughout his rookie campaign.

Honestly I’d say it’s a pretty even comparison rookie year Wentz vs year 2 Hurts…. Even if you want to give Doug the edge as a coach the offense roster is clearly bette for Hurts and it isn’t even close really 

Wentz wasn’t a part of making the postseason in 2017 or 2019?    Really?

He did nothing in the postseason is what I said

Pedey and Wentz... the correct move was to get the BOTH some players to work with.    It's irrelevant how either performed last year...  when they had the players , they made it work as the best team in the league from start to finish in 2017... and took a below average group to the playoffs in 2019. 

Nobody will ever convince me that either one of them was not good enough.    101% the front office' s fault for not giving them the players.  

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No hope for Hurts in the NFL... Canada might be an option.

Just be a hater. Doesn’t bother me. He’s so terrible that all Siri does is throw the ball. That doesn’t even work much for the best in the game. Weren’t we like the top rushing team our Super season? But no….that’s just showing weakness to be balanced at all and not just have defenses playing you like a fiddle.

Don’t have to hate just facts look it up Hurts has been one of the least accurate QBs in the nfl…. Since week 1 he has had like a 57% completion.

Wentz threw the ball 607 times as a rookie 

Hurts is on pace to throw 587 in 17 games 

Wanna talk about a QB having to throw all the time 

Archived