Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, Senhorcook said:

Hurts is NOT the guy….IN MY OPINION, but neither is Minshew. The only thing playing Minshew could prove is that the coach isnt the biggest problem. Right? What else could be proven to bench Hurts? I dont care if they keep playing him and keep losing so they figure it out faster and DON’t think he is the guy for next year or any year thereafter.

Figuring out Siri should be top priority for us… Minshew is a good QB and has been a good QB on terrible teams maybe he is not the future maybe minshew is just a stop gap idk… But doing nothing and running this same bland terrible offense with Hurts should not be an option at this point even if we think Hurts can possibly get better we are just ruining him in this offense doing more harm then good.

So bench Hurts if we struggle again against a winless team. Go minshew figure out Siri if we stay terrible on offense blow it up in the off-season… Next coach(maybe GM) then has options draft, trade, Hurts, Minshew at QB 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy smokes. Cardinals are FAST on offense, yet they are too "cute” with some of their playcalling. I would LOVE to have their skill players as a coach.

Observation: cardinals are UNDEFEATED at 7-0, yet Packer fans are dominating the cheering in Phoenix. What the heck? Cmon Cardinal fans! Your team is good!

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Figuring out Siri should be top priority for us… Minshew is a good QB and has been a good QB on terrible teams maybe he is not the future maybe minshew is just a stop gap idk… But doing nothing and running this same bland terrible offense with Hurts should not be an option at this point even if we think Hurts can possibly get better we are just ruining him in this offense doing more harm then good.

So bench Hurts if we struggle again against a winless team. Go minshew figure out Siri if we stay terrible on offense blow it up in the off-season… Next coach(maybe GM) then has options draft, trade, Hurts, Minshew at QB 

If the coach fails, don’t you think Howies stays? 

Just now, Senhorcook said:

If the coach fails, don’t you think Howies stays? 

I don’t think Lurie will fire Howie… But if it was me and the coach fails that Howie as GM(along with other decided on) Stanley(Chargers coach outright saying Howie was a factor why he didn’t want to come to Philly, poor drafts, poor signings, poor handling with players amongst other things Howie would be out the door.

Honestly I think Siri failing should be the nail in the coffin for Howie. 

55 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I blame the non existent pass rush we USED to have

Opposing QB's have RARELY been under pressure. 

6 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And you still missing the whole point…. Would the 2017 defense be better with JJ 08 or McDermott 09…. Because I’d put money on JJ unit being superior… Just like I’d put money on JJ unit still being a top 10 unit in 09 if he didn’t pass away even with out Dawkins and Bradley bet it doesn’t drop to 19th…

Impact of a coach and a good players matter sure but so does a good coach that knows how to use them…

?  Water is wet, no kidding you take the better coach.... did Ham or GB hack your account?   

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Bellicheat is the GM also. So he really hasn’t been that great at that part.

Very true... NE fans I know have expressed this for a while.  And the first round WRs have been awful.  However,  he excels and getting the established vets.

5 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

To be fair don’t think Moorehead has been bad either our WRs run good routes they look to fight back to the ball now… Not perfect but tbey are a young and promising.

WR play as far as fundamentals has been way better this year.  

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

?  Water is wet, no kidding you take the better coach.... did Ham or GB hack your account?   

Why by your account coaches don’t matter that how you make it sound like no crap players matter as do coaches… that where it all began

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Very true... NE fans I know have expressed this for a while.  And the first round WRs have been awful.  However,  he excels and getting the established vets.

We always hear the coach speak of putting players in a position to succeed and do what they do well….instead of scheme. He does that as well as anybody.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

WR play as far as fundamentals has been way better this year.  

They’ve stepped out of bounds on big plays. They stink at running the pick plays. But he’s….ok

JJAW has really been carrying the WR load all season though

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Everybody is going to be trying to force their way out right before the deadline. Who on this team doesn’t want to be Ertz right now?

Right....but Wentz was the bad guy for figuring this out last year?

He doesn't mix with the team... much like Kelly doesn't with Tanner, Rudy,  Lupus and the rest of the Bears.   I was trying to explain this to you last year but your tunnel vision against Wentz was getting in the way.      

Doug and Duce couldn't wait to leave either,  Schwartz too.    Why wasn't this obvious???    

45 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Hurts is NOT the guy….IN MY OPINION, but neither is Minshew. The only thing playing Minshew could prove is that the coach isnt the biggest problem. Right? What else could be proven to bench Hurts? I dont care if they keep playing him and keep losing so they figure it out faster and DON’t think he is the guy for next year or any year thereafter.

How do you know??: Minshew has played with nothing but trash his entire career

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I thought Siri was hired to appease Wentz

Nope... but your Ham world idea of Wentz getting everyone else fired gets in the way of seeing this.  Siri is the Lurie/ Howie smartest guy in the room move. 

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I have had ZERO comment on this so wth Joe?

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

He doesn't mix with the team... much like Kelly doesn't with Tanner, Rudy,  Lupus and the rest of the Bears.   I was trying to explain this to you last year but your tunnel vision against Wentz was getting in the way.      

Doug and Duce couldn't wait to leave either,  Schwartz too.    Why wasn't this obvious???    

Duce applied for the HC job. Doesn't sound like he wanted to leave until, after he was rejected

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have had ZERO comment on this so wth Joe?

You sure you didn't hack BG?  Somehow even after multiple posts of calling him a great DC , apparently I don't think he made an impact?  

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Duce applied for the HC job. Doesn't sound like he wanted to leave until, after he was rejected

Did Duce " apply " for the job.  Or was he a convenient interview ( not for the first time)  that satisfied the Rooney rule?    

Not true. I blame Rosie for everything.

Been very consistent for years

Except for last year.  

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It was…,I was saying it even the year before that

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You sure you didn't hack BG?  Somehow even after multiple posts of calling him a great DC , apparently I don't think he made an impact?  

I have not had ONE comment about this. I need a hit of whatever you are on 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Except for last year.  

Of coarse I was soooo happy he forced Pedey to Fire Groh and hire all these old timers to butt in. Loved it!

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Did Duce " apply " for the job.  Or was he a convenient interview ( not for the first time)  that satisfied the Rooney rule?    

You have to apply to be interviewed

But I really did think it was the last ditch effort to keep Wentz was hire Siri

The players were crap around him for 2 years.... the previous coach,  they won together,  why would you think a coach would be for Wentz?    How about getting teammates for Wentz?    

Fulgham is the perfect example. Both Wentz and Doug wanted him on the roster from the start.  Howie or maybe Howie/ Lurie put him on the PS.    Why would anyone want to play QB and take all the physical abuse in a situation that you don't feel will ever be successful?     I mean, he audibled and fans like you acted like he was committing a federal crime.   But he lost the team... lol... onvious it was the other way around first.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You have to apply to be interviewed

Do you.... did Siri apply?  Or was he on vacation with his family when he was called by the Eagles? 

Archived