Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Of coarse I was soooo happy he forced Pedey to Fire Groh and hire all these old timers to butt in. Loved it!

I thought Wentz fired those guys?

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

The players were crap around him for 2 years.... the previous coach,  they won together,  why would you think a coach would be for Wentz?    How about getting teammates for Wentz?    

Fulgham is the perfect example. Both Wentz and Doug wanted him on the roster from the start.  Howie or maybe Howie/ Lurie put him on the PS.    Why would anyone want to play QB and take all the physical abuse in a situation that you don't feel will ever be successful?     I mean, he audibled and fans like you acted like he was committing a federal crime.   But he lost the team... lol... onvious it was the other way around first.

Do you.... did Siri apply?  Or was he on vacation with his family when he was called by the Eagles? 

LOL well you cant just walk up to a guy and say OH you're my next HC or we would have done it with someone legit

Wentz never finished a season. We can talk about his big arm and how much he weighs and height….but he’s never done squat in the postseason. Good teams only judge by what happens in the postseason. Why is Wentz the exception?

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The players were crap around him for 2 years.... the previous coach,  they won together,  why would you think a coach would be for Wentz?    How about getting teammates for Wentz?    

Fulgham is the perfect example. Both Wentz and Doug wanted him on the roster from the start.  Howie or maybe Howie/ Lurie put him on the PS.    Why would anyone want to play QB and take all the physical abuse in a situation that you don't feel will ever be successful?     I mean, he audibled and fans like you acted like he was committing a federal crime.   But he lost the team... lol... onvious it was the other way around first.

Do you.... did Siri apply?  Or was he on vacation with his family when he was called by the Eagles? 

You can apply by phone lol

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you think Siri goes to Minshew before letting somebody else call plays?

Yes

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Not saying it’s fair or not but going to minshew and the offense finds success Siri can be like it wasn’t me Hurts just wasn’t getting it done… Granted is double edge sword because if he goes Minshew and the offense stays as bad or worse… Telling of Siri 

But... and this is kinda funny with our whole players / coach discussion.... would it really surprise you if the offense wasn't good with Mustache?   I don't think the QB is good at all... but I don't think the offense is much better either.  I would guess a slight improvement,  simply because I would expect to see more normal play instead of the gimmick RPO crap. 

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL well you cant just walk up to a guy and say OH you're my next HC or we would have done it with someone legit

But you can call a guy to ask for an interview.  Which is what happened.   Duce was easy... " hey can you come upstairs for a minute" 

But... and this is kinda funny with our whole players / coach discussion.... would it really surprise you if the offense wasn't good with Mustache?   I don't think the QB is good at all... but I don't think the offense is much better either.  I would guess a slight improvement,  simply because I would expect to see more normal play instead of the gimmick RPO crap. 

yeah but it would be nice to know this for sure,so we KNOW what to plan for in the offseaon

Yet when we started the game with a pro offense things looked fantastic. RPO is workable. But Siri and Steichen know nothing about it….a given.

Just now, joemas6 said:

But you can call a guy to ask for an interview.  Which is what happened.   Duce was easy... " hey can you come upstairs for a minute" 

And they both had return interviews. You don't just call an appoint someone

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yet when we started the game with a pro offense things looked fantastic. RPO is workable. But Siri and Steichen know nothing about it….a given.

No RPO is not workable,what we did was PLAY action THAT is workable(IMO)

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wentz never finished a season. We can talk about his big arm and how much he weighs and height….but he’s never done squat in the postseason. Good teams only judge by what happens in the postseason. Why is Wentz the exception?

2016... 2019.  2020, it was a miracle he didn't get hurt.    Didn't miss anything this year...   " oh but he got hurt"  so there you go, I your mind he is already injured so that counts for this year.   But I don't think he plays the entire season either if they lose this week.

Dude played the first 28 and a half games of his career..  how come that doesn't click in Ham world?

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

SO then why didn't he stay? because he was rejected and THEN he wanted out,so you cant tell me he didnt let it be known he was interested

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah but it would be nice to know this for sure,so we KNOW what to plan for in the offseaon

I have the plan for the offseason... pray!

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wentz never finished a season.

He finished two season played all 16 as a rookie played all 16 in 2019…. At least if your going to bash a player be accurate 

You guys believing  too much of the generic coach speak. Gannon has no scheme…..he just creates a defense to fit personnel. Yet Fletch snd Sweat can’t do what they do well. It’s hindering them. Corners get help since we keep S way way over the top. But nobody gets near anybody. We let everybody catch and then try and tackle. 
   Same way this offense is supposedly to ‘help’ Hurts. Give you a hint….it’s not helping him at all.

I have the plan for the offseason... pray!

We're past that I believe lol

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Isn’t that what you would want to see if your a FO guy from your coach… If the supporting players around are bad as you say that’s one thing sure but you have an offensive coach in a league that favors offense and we can’t move the ball at all outside of garbage time when teams play off… 

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

And they both had return interviews. You don't just call an appoint someone

No RPO is not workable,what we did was PLAY action THAT is workable(IMO)

Run the ball and then playaction off that. That must be the new 2021 offense. Glad it was discovered….for one drive.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO then why didn't he stay? because he was rejected and THEN he wanted out,so you cant tell me he didnt let it be known he was interested

I agree....he was tired of being jerked around...  it was obvious he was the token ... buy also if he felt strongly that the organization was going in the right direction,  he might have stayed.  

Why wasn't it obvious the people on the inside knew this was a sinking ship?  Because Kelce and Graham got more money to stay and the end of their careers.   This is nothing new?  

IDK we have good WR's(could be great if we could hit them in stride). Sanders is fine,so is Gainwell. The O line isnt awful,it's just they are being asked to protect Hurts for 6 seconds because of this BS college RPO approach and sorry thats not happening. Now is that on Siri or is Howie saying "run the Oklahoma offense?" because thats what it looks like to me -college. We started last game in a pro offense,using play action and scored. Then back to the BS RPO

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

He finished two season played all 16 as a rookie played all 16 in 2019…. At least if your going to bash a player be accurate 

What did he accomplish in that postseason? Yeah….sad. I really hope the guy gets to play in some big time football for real. He obviously works really hard. Feel like he deserves more of a taste of the postseason than that.

Archived