Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Only person that should be feeling the heat during the lions game is Hurts it’s basically sink or swim for him it feels like…

Siri minshew likely is the last ditch effort to show he deserves to be the coach of the change comes but I think he just has to shows signs of life in what has been a dreadful offense so far this season… not a real high bar for Minshew to have to improve on for us 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Only person that should be feeling the heat during the lions game is Hurts it’s basically sink or swim for him it feels like…

Siri minshew likely is the last ditch effort to show he deserves to be the coach of the change comes but I think he just has to shows signs of life in what has been a dreadful offense so far this season… not a real high bar for Minshew to have to improve on for us 

Then there is the defense. Which has been even worse

If Goff completes near 80 percent of his passes….Gannon is gone! No idea how he’ll be replaced though. Whole staff is terrible and has no experience. Lurie has to be talking to somebody outside the building here. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If Goff completes near 80 percent of his passes….Gannon is gone! No idea how he’ll be replaced though. Whole staff is terrible and has no experience. Lurie has to be talking to somebody outside the building here. 

Doubt we see a change till seasons end even if Goff has a good game 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

So you think Siri goes to Minshew before letting somebody else call plays?

Yes 

Not saying it’s fair or not but going to minshew and the offense finds success Siri can be like it wasn’t me Hurts just wasn’t getting it done… Granted is double edge sword because if he goes Minshew and the offense stays as bad or worse… Telling of Siri 

If the Eagles get 3 1st rnd picks this year there's no way Lutie is gonna let Howie  do the drafting.

Is there?

Just now, Asg 15 said:

If the Eagles get 3 1st rnd picks this year there's no way Lutie is gonna let Howie  do the drafting.

Is there?

I’d hope not especially with how this season has gone I’d blow it all up and get all new faces new GM new coach etc. 

Every position is open for the GM and coach to decide nobody is safe 

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’d hope not especially with how this season has gone I’d blow it all up and get all new faces new GM new coach etc. 

God, i hope you're right

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Which coach could actually be safe if/when we lose to the Lions? Stout, TE coach….maybe ST coordinator. I think Lurie just makes a clean sweep…to make that point.

IDK we have cranked out nice TE's for quite awhile.The FAKE claim we have a QB factory should go away when we DO have a TE factory

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

When is the trade deadline??? 2nd or the 4th??? Eagles should be sellers not sure who all we can deal but at this point I’d be aiming for picks if I was Lurie… Gain as much draft capital as possible use Howie at his best trading then can Howie in the off-season for a real GM to build the team with those picks 

Bad draft to be sellers unless you are going after 2023 picks. maybe that class will be better. This class is extremely weak

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

FL let’s go backwards on your draft notes from the past two years. Gotta be a couple third day guys with some potential. Maybe we can convert a badminton player or something.

Well as the year goes on I'm, sure I can locate some round 3 guys. just not seeing them right now. SOMEONE has to go in round 3 lol

FL let’s go backwards on your draft notes from the past two years. Gotta be a couple third day guys with some potential. Maybe we can convert a badminton player or something.

We may have to lol

I just saw that Slay stated there will be no finger pointing. Poor guy has really been on bad teams. He’s a total pro at this situation.

I like Slay,he just can't do it alone

I thought Siri was hired to appease Wentz

No Wentz and Ped were fired to appease Howie

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It's very difficult Ham when we can't sustain a drive and put this defense on the field 10 minutes out of every 1/4. They are worn out by 1/2 time. Sometimes we get lucky and score on a quick FLASH play,but once again that put the D back on the field. We have no LONG grinding, "run the clock out" offense It 4 plays and a TD or a 3 and out. In either case as I said that puts the D back on the field. We have no clue how good or bad the players are if they are gassed all game

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Bad draft to be sellers unless you are going after 2023 picks. maybe that class will be better. This class is extremely weak

Sounds like the draft we’d load up on

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Is there?

Who else would do it?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sounds like the draft we’d load up on

I hope,because getting a 4th or 5th in THIS draft is a loser

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Howie has Lurie snowed in,he's not going anywhere.Like Joe said we need another year of total failure. Once Lurie gets embarrassed at the country club maybe he will act

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I(t's very difficult Ham when we can't sustain a drive and put this defense on the field 10 minutes out of every 1/4. They are worn out by 1/2 time

Goes both ways. Defense hasn’t slowed anybody though. You can’t blame the offense for the opponents QB only having a couple of incompletions. You can’t blame the offense for never stopping anybodies running game. Maybe if the D stopped somebody ….sometime….maybe the offense wouldn’t come out so cold every time.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Howie has Lurie snowed in,he's not going anywhere.Like Joe said we need another year of total failure. Once Lurie gets embarrassed at the country club maybe he will act

Heads are going to roll. I actually feel it happening for real this time. Unless we get on some kind of winning streak. Or maybe win a game …..and a tie

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Who else would do it?

I hope,because getting a 4th or 5th in THIS draft is a loser

A cheerleader couldn't do any worse than most of Howies drafts

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Don’t think this draft is all that bad no stud QB(though Malik Willis, Kenny Pickett, Desmond Ridder are my 3 intriguing QB prospects as of right now) but a strong DL class some really good CBs and WRs .. good OL prospects 

For a team that tends to pride themselves on the trenches really could be a good draft for us and maybe get lucky on a Cb and WR as well 

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Goes both ways. Defense hasn’t slowed anybody though. You can’t blame the offense for the opponents QB only having a couple of incompletions. You can’t blame the offense for never stopping anybodies running game. Maybe if the D stopped somebody ….sometime….maybe the offense wouldn’t come out so cold every time.

I blame the non existent pass rush we USED to have

13 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

A cheerleader couldn't do any worse than most of Howies drafts

I really thought Howies was done after the Reagor pick(leaving JJ for the VIkes),then again on the Hurts pick,so apparently Lurie is fine being mediocre or worse

Archived