Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think Suds is the backup this year.  But without drafting Hurts.. we go into next year with nobody else.  One of these 2 years would have had to have been a vet.  So that is where I'm thinking this...that $5 mil more so will be used next year. During the FA period.  This year to me is done as far as $$ moves, the rest should be minimal $ stuff.

We go sleeper next year. For sure. With the idea Hurts is #2 ... locked in to that spot.

Nah, Hurts is already beating him out. Won’t start TC that way. But push comes to shove and Pedey will turn to Hurts.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

As I said, Dave's articles don't exist here. This has no Ask Dave forum either. I approached this nicely to accommodate you. You want a whole forum created just for you, for one topic. That's ridiculous. 

The old boards were set up and paid  for by the Eagles. A fan made this one with his own time and money and a gofundme, everyone here are volunteers. Everyone else is appreciative. You could have no place like this after the 30th. 

I found you a home and even pinned it. Quit complaining. 

I started this thread under the 411. So it already was there. I don’t think we need a whole forum just for us. I’m just fine with where we’ve been placed. Just a matter of how you conduct yourself. I’ve done nothing but try and support VaBeachEagle in doing this. I’ve even been trying to do my best in mentioning it to every Eagles fan I know. Tried to get as many fans from the old site to sign up and move over as I could. So I’m just going to leave this at THANK YOU for doing your best.

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Nah, Hurts is already beating him out. Won’t start TC that way. But push comes to shove and Pedey will turn to Hurts.

I could see Pederson keeping Suds as the backup in name sake at least similar to Chase Daniel... But of something were to happen to Wentz 100% believe Hurts would leapfrog Suds as the starter 

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I could see Pederson keeping Suds as the backup in name sake at least similar to Chase Daniel... But of something were to happen to Wentz 100% believe Hurts would leapfrog Suds as the starter 

UH the guy isnt even in camp yet and we are annointing him the #2 already?

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

UH the guy isnt even in camp yet and we are annointing him the #2 already?

It’s a combination of two things. This rookie is talented. And Suds sucks.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s a combination of two things. This rookie is talented. And Suds sucks.

Yeah MS2 was GREAT too,Jjaw was "the answer".Im, not annointing anyone!!

Kind of like Lauletta better than Suds. I liked undrafted Bryce Perkins to be a challenge to Suds. Completely different style QB. But I thought Perkins running and throwing a little was a better option.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well it seems you’re anointing Suds

Kind of like Lauletta better than Suds. I liked undrafted Bryce Perkins to be a challenge to Suds. Completely different style QB. But I thought Perkins running and throwing a little was a better option.

Well it seems you’re anointing Suds

When did I do that? he IS the #2 until proven otherwise.I didn;t do it the EAGLES did

I never thought those were great players. I think our WR coaching wasn’t up to standards last year though. PAC players come in late also. So JJaw gets some slack still from me. But I’ve seen a ton of Hurts. He’s our number two QB.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

When did I do that? he IS the #2 until proven otherwise.I didn;t do it the EAGLES did

No other team wanted Suds. He signed a really small contract for a NFL QB. He’s number two on those standards. Mostly having been here so long. Of coarse that’s the good...and the bad.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I never thought those were great players. I think our WR coaching wasn’t up to standards last year though. PAC players come in late also. So JJaw gets some slack still from me. But I’ve seen a ton of Hurts. He’s our number two QB.

LMAO maybe so!!! Maybe NOT.he could fall flat like Jjaw and MS2.Suds is the number 2 as things stand. Dont argue with me the Eagles made Suds the 2.That stands until the FO changes it

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No other team wanted Suds. He signed a really small contract for a NFL QB. He’s number two on those standards. Mostly having been here so long. Of coarse that’s the good...and the bad.

IDC about other teams,as of this moment Suds is the #2.Argue all you want.maybe that changes,but it's alittle early to say he is "automatically" the 2 because he played good in college(so did JJ and Mims and we passed them up).If Suds was so bad he would have been gone 2 years ago? McCown came in and was called the 2 by the FO.I have not seen them call Hurts the 2.Nothing should be automatically assmed.maybe Hurts can't figure out the offense.There are many factors he has yet to accomplish.You are already annointing him the 2 and he hasnt even taken a practice snap

LMAO maybe so!!! Maybe NOT.he could fall flat like Jjaw and MS2.Suds is the number 2 as things stand. Dont argue with me that Eagles made Suds the 2.That stands until the FO changes it

JJaw fell flat but still was getting the playing time. Hurts will be the same if we need a full time backup to come in. Going to sink or swim with the second round picks.

IDC about other teams,as of this moment Suds is the 32.Argue all you want.maybe that changes,but it's alittle early to say he is "automatically" the 2 because he played good in college(so did JJ and Mims and we passed them up)

Yes we took Reagor. I’m telling you Reagor will get a shot also.

OK so I'm trying to get this straight.Stats for WR's dont matter but stats for QB's suddenly make them the #2 without even a snap taken? Wow,you need to be in the war room, every draft since you already know the success rate of all our draftees.I'm sure in time be could be the 2,I am talking this moment.You DONT KNOW if he is the 2 or not,you are taking a GUESS.I tend to believe he will be also,but we can we find out first?

Who's complaining? Man, take a few hrs away to get stuff done and I miss out on everything!

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sure because Alshon is out and we have noone else(because we didnt draft anyone else of note)

Suds is the 52nd highest paid QB. Coming straight from being on the open market Free Agency. Behind Nathan Peterman. AJ McCarron. Trevor Siemien. Colt McCoy. Matt Freakin Barkley.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Suds is the 52nd highest paid QB. Coming straight from being on the open market Free Agency. Behind Nathan Peterman. AJ McCarron. Trevor Siemien. Colt McCoy. Matt Freakin Barkley.

OH so PAY rate is the basis for where you start now?.if Wentz gets hurt right now(god forbid) Suds is starting game 1 UNLESS Hurts proves otherwise IN CAMP.key words-PROVES OTHERWISE IN CAMP

2 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

It was there for Dave's posted articles. Dave's not here. You guys hijacked a news article to turn it into an ongoing Eagles discussion. There is already one of those in TATE. 

I tried helping you out. 

You're welcome. 

I'm sure every member of this board is thankful for anything you have done to facilitate our transfer from an almost obsolete board to this new one. Members have formed a pretty close bond over the years that we are able to keep going through some of the actions on your part. Unfortunately most of us didn't personally know the individual or individuals involved in working on our behalf. One of the most important trips a person ever takes is to meet the other person half way. You have tried to accommodate our wishes and we are grateful for your effort.

well crap,wentz can't play now,he's a daddy.So Hurts is the #1-AWESOME

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OK so I'm trying to get this straight.Stats for WR's dont matter but stats for QB's suddenly make them the #2 without even a snap taken? Wow,you need to be in the war room, every draft since you already know the success rate of all our draftees.I'm sure in time be could be the 2,I am talking this moment.You DONT KNOW if he is the 2 or not,you are taking a GUESS.I tend to believe he will be also,but we can we find out first?

Everything matters. Stats matter. Just not the only judge of translating from college to the pros. But like I said two factors: Hurts is a very good athletic player. And Suds sucks. If Suds was good he’d make Hurts earn it more. Probably rather have Hurts handoff and run it himself mostly than turn to Suds. (But yes I think Hurts can throw also.)

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Everything matters. Stats matter. Just not the only judge of translating from college to the pros. But like I said two factors: Hurts is a very good athletic player. And Suds sucks. If Suds was good he’d make Hurts earn it more. Probably rather have Hurts handoff and run it himself mostly than turn to Suds. (But yes I think Hurts can throw also.)

How many snaps have you seen Suds play? Has he played 4-5 games himself? I need your crystal ball buddy

OH so PAY rate is the basis for where you start now?.if Wentz gets hurt right now(god forbid) Suds is starting game 1 UNLESS Hurts proves otherwise IN CAMP.key words-PROVES OTHERWISE IN CAMP

Yes pay rate is big on determining your worth in the NFL. Hurts has to earn the job. But I think after all these years here Suds needs to earn the job also. If they thought Suds was sooo good...probably wouldn’t have drafted Hurts. 

Now I WILL say it's obvious they dont have alot of confidence in Suds.All I am saying is .just because we drafted someone does not automatically make them the 2

Yes pay rate is big on determining your worth in the NFL. Hurts has to earn the job. But I think after all these years here Suds needs to earn the job also. If they thought Suds was sooo good...probably wouldn’t have drafted Hurts. 

welp Suds is the 2 until Hurts takes the job away and we dont know that yet

Archived