Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Who the heck is looking to sign Suds to start? Wait don’t answer that. Who was even looking for Suds to be there backup? If anyone actually wanted him it would have taken more to sign him.

A third string QB searching for a starting job. Major disconnect there.

Idk..didn't we sign Suds before the league year started? I think he is a lock to make the team barring a trade where we get something.  He is Wentz's guy.

But yeah... the gimmick guy will get more snaps with Suds starting than when Wentz does.  If they dress 3 then you have your answer for sure.  But to me, this is not about 2020.  

Now if Hurts steps up and looks really good. Sure they let him go in for the start..  but they aren't forced to do that this year with Suds here.

To be honest...I don't want to think about it.  Let's hope we never find out.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans jump the gun to quickly on players some guys do take time...Took devante Adams 3 years to really come on....Look Alex Smith became a really good QB started out terrible though. Brandon Graham another great example of a player that took some time(injuries really derailed him early in his career as well)

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao didn’t even hold on to Hollins that long literally promising rookie year hurt year two released year 3...Didn’t even take a roster spot up his 2nd year....

Jones has actually shown he can play when healthy problem is never healthy.

Dillard actually thought filled in nicely at LT last season TERRIBLE CALL by the staff to try and make him play RT.

You can’t draft a guy and give up on them either after 1 bad year...

I'm not giving up on anyone after year 1.I never ever said that.Year 2 at a HIGH draft pick, I need you to show me you are gonna stick here.If you show me no promise that your celing hasnt been reached,I need to replace you

9 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Fans jump the gun to quickly on players some guys do take time...Took devante Adams 3 years to really come on....Look Alex Smith became a really good QB started out terrible though. Brandon Graham another great example of a player that took some time(injuries really derailed him early in his career as well)

Welp Jjaw needs to show me something.He showed me he wasn''t worth a 5 pick,let alone a 2.Another year,it's redemption time for him.Yes the "break out year" is usually year 3 for WR's,but by year 2,you should KNOW there is still more left and there are more highs to get.TYhis is the year Jjaw needs to prove he hasnt reached his(pathetic) ceiling).Hurt players.We waste alot of time on these.With Jones injuries for me this is a prove it year for him also.IDC how talented you are if you never see the field.I am paying you to PLAY.I will say the same about a guy like perriman. Difference is,he showed flashes last year that he CAN play and at a high level.I just want the same from our players. I can have 12 stars in the MASH tent.it does me no good whatsoever

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk..didn't we sign Suds before the league year started? I think he is a lock to make the team barring a trade where we get something.  He is Wentz's guy.

But yeah... the gimmick guy will get more snaps with Suds starting than when Wentz does.  If they dress 3 then you have your answer for sure.  But to me, this is not about 2020.  

Now if Hurts steps up and looks really good. Sure they let him go in for the start..  but they aren't forced to do that this year with Suds here.

To be honest...I don't want to think about it.  Let's hope we never find out.

Suds looking for a starting job is just laughable. He hasn’t even been number two yet, has he? Let’s start there. Can he earn the second string job somewhere? I think they are forced for Hurts to be number two. Suds doesn’t look very good. At least Hurts could go out and be a second stringer running it Wildcat style.  That’s basically the worst case scenario for Hurts.
 I think our PS QB gives Suds a run. Once they see Hurts is the clear number two. They probably just let Suds hit the bricks. Keep Rasul or Third String Suds? {tossing coin....flipping....flipping.....}

Ham buddy.Other than garbage time hand offs,have you seen 4-5 full games from Suds? Maybe you have.maybe he sucks,maybe he doesn't. very hard to tell from a few handoffs in garbage time.I am not defending Suds,I am saying I DONT KNOW.Who ever heard from garapolo in NE? He was a #2.Maybe he was the exception,but I never saw him play much either,but SF sure pounced on him when the time came,so IDK.Perhaps the staff knows more than me.I certainly hope so

Here's an interesting one. Aaron Rodgers has thrown exactly 1 TD to a 1st rd WR. So although high draft picks are  supposed to have a greater chance of becoming starters, they're not necessarily the ones who put points on the board

SO,I will agree with you on this point.Suds has had enough time to be the #2.Apparently he has reached his ceiling and they feel he will never be the #2 let alone starting material.I personally think he is gone after this year,so we actually DO agree.it's just the timeline we are arguing over

6 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Here's an interesting one. Aaron Rodgers has thrown exactly 1 TD to a 1st rd WR. So although high draft picks are  supposed to have a greater chance of becoming starters, they're not necessarily the ones who put points on the board

Interesting!!!

Some players take a few yrs to develop. I've always tried to put myself in others shoes, can only imagine being a coach seeing players with all the talent in the world just not make it. Many reasons. Look at Brooks and his anxiety - a pro bowl players who almost couldn't play cause he was a perfectionist! Guys like Ag, show all the talent, just can't get out of their own heads, yet you stick with them that extra yr. Ag did have that good yr, looked like he figured things out, then slid back. Talent's the easy part to see, scouts do it every day. Developing that talent in the NFL's a different story.

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ham buddy.Other than garbage time hand offs,have you seen 4-5 full games from Suds? Maybe you have.maybe he sucks,maybe he doesn't. very hard to tell from a few handoffs in garbage time.I am not defending Suds,I am saying I DONT KNOW.Who ever heard from garapolo in NE? He was a #2.Maybe he was the exception,but I never saw him play much either,but SF sure pounced on him when the time came,so IDK.Perhaps the staff knows more than me.I certainly hope so

I thought Garrapolo took over the year TB12 was injured. And the Pats faired well.

Scheme fit matters for certain players breaking through also. Guys can be a dud here and a stud there. And vice versa. I always feel coaching is pretty huge. Seems top coaches know how to unlock and get the most out of their players. Most all these guys have ability and can contribute something.

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Suds looking for a starting job is just laughable. He hasn’t even been number two yet, has he? Let’s start there. Can he earn the second string job somewhere? I think they are forced for Hurts to be number two. Suds doesn’t look very good. At least Hurts could go out and be a second stringer running it Wildcat style.  That’s basically the worst case scenario for Hurts.
 I think our PS QB gives Suds a run. Once they see Hurts is the clear number two. They probably just let Suds hit the bricks. Keep Rasul or Third String Suds? {tossing coin....flipping....flipping.....}

Yeah... except for instead of the coin getting tossed... it;s going to be Douglas

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... except for instead of the coin getting tossed... it;s going to be Douglas

Might be both

They both are heads on a two sided heads coin

Seeing the way they handle business....they probably keep Suds in that paper number two spot until push comes to shove though. They value QBs sssooooooo much that the two mil for Suds is nothing. Doubt they just chop him to save the 1.5 mil. I’m thinking I would....but would be surprised if they do.

If the Eagles find a camp body QB w/ more promise, why not dump Suds? Think they've seen all they're going to get out of the guy.

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

If the Eagles find a camp body QB w/ more promise, why not dump Suds? Think they've seen all they're going to get out of the guy.

That’s what I’m saying. Already have the guy on PS last year. I think the coaches and everybody Was looking for Suds to breakout last PS. His injury was minor. But they made the move for Old Man McCown anyway...I’d say because they knew a number two was needed. I’d double down on that with why they targeted Hurts at 53. They needed a number two.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I thought Garrapolo took over the year TB12 was injured. And the Pats faired well.

I think Pat's are like 14-6 with Brady injured or suspended. 

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Might be both

They both are heads on a two sided heads coin

Douglas makes too much money compared to the other guys who are going to play in front of him.  

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seeing the way they handle business....they probably keep Suds in that paper number two spot until push comes to shove though. They value QBs sssooooooo much that the two mil for Suds is nothing. Doubt they just chop him to save the 1.5 mil. I’m thinking I would....but would be surprised if they do.

Again though... we don't know the whole story.  But Hurts has to dress if they use him for gimmicks.  If Suds dresses...then you know it's not as a paper #2... it means that he is the #2. Otherwise Hurts dressing will be enough.  But this is something that we don't know for sure and can debate (but hopefully never find out)  what we can't debate is that Hurts is locked in for 4 years and the next move after Suds leaves is getting the #3 guy. That's barring disaster from Hurts. Which I still wouldn't see them admitting until 2022.  For cap reasons.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

I think Pat's are like 14-6 with Brady injured or suspended. 

Douglas makes too much money compared to the other guys who are going to play in front of him.  

I think the guys behind him are a big issue also. Craig James proved worthy of a backup job. Trevor Williams is the big wild card. Really could be a starter if healthy.

Saw news about Wentz's daughter... just had to share a comment I saw ....

" don't let Agholor hold her"   lol.

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Right now be a good guy to have in the QB room knows the system and really has not been that bad...Be good guy for Hurts to lean on. 

Still trying to to rap my head around Reagor only getting nine screen passes. Weird that he doesn’t have experience with that.

Archived