Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

McCown has always been a career backup journeyman. He instantly took over the backup job over Suds.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes pay rate is big on determining your worth in the NFL. Hurts has to earn the job. But I think after all these years here Suds needs to earn the job also. If they thought Suds was sooo good...probably wouldn’t have drafted Hurts. 

Right so we paid Daniels ALOT because hell he was a starter anywhere!! brady played for CHEAP for the Pats for alot of years,so he is a 2 because other starters made more.Not buying

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

McCown has always been a career backup journeyman. He instantly took over the backup job over Suds.

Yep and the FO said so right off the bat.have they said that about Hurts? Of course not and they wont until CAMP happens

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Now I WILL say it's obvious they dont have alot of confidence in Suds.All I am saying is .just because we drafted someone does not automatically make them the 2

welp Suds is the 2 until Hurts takes the job away and we dont know that yet

And I’m telling you Suds isn’t even a lock to make the team. I think Lauletta gives him a challenge for third string. I’m also telling you I’d rather have an undrafted guy than Suds.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And I’m telling you Suds isn’t even a lock to make the team. I think Lauletta gives him a challenge for third string. I’m also telling you I’d rather have an undrafted guy than Suds.

Tell me whatever you want,the FACT is we wont know the depth order until AFTER camp yes or no??? So since we drafted reagor,he must be the #1WR starting day 1.Cut Djax,let Alshon sit,we got our #1 

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Right so we paid Daniels ALOT because hell he was a starter anywhere!! brady played for CHEAP for the Pats for alot of years,so he is a 2 because other starters made more.Not buying

We did pay Daniels a lot...to be a backup QB. So he was second guy in. Brady was paid worked more than any backup QB. And that’s not even counting his use of Krafts private jet and personal island as pay.

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Tell me whatever you want,the FACT is we wont know the depth order until AFTER camp yes or no??? So since we drafted reagor,he must be the #1WR starting day 1

Technically day one of training camp. Suds will be number two. That’s always how you do things. But like I said...when push comes to shove....Pedey is turning to Hurts in a time of need. Pretty sure Hurts plays week one in fact. Doubt Suds does.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We did pay Daniels a lot...to be a backup QB. So he was second guy in. Brady was paid worked more than any backup QB. And that’s not even counting his use of Krafts private jet and personal island as pay.

So why are we paying Suds at all??? Why did we "hang on" for 3+years now?

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Technically day one of training camp. Suds will be number two. That’s always how you do things. But like I said...when push comes to shove....Pedey is turning to Hurts in a time of need. Pretty sure Hurts plays week one in fact. Doubt Suds does.

OK thats all I was saying.What you are stating is CONJECTURE.maybe it happens as you said,maybe it doesn't. Takes lot to make it in this league,so I want him to prove it like anyone else

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

So why are we paying Suds at all??? Why did we "hang on" for 3+years now?

He’s really cheap. He knows the system. We don’t have much extra money. Having a guy as a third string for years is probably more a vote ‘against’ more than a vote ‘for’....wouldn’t you say?

See,we do this ALL the time and it sucks.We keep giving players TOO many chances,and they loaf.We need to say show me something year 2 OR you can hit the bricks.We don;t do that,we coddle players until we have no choice.That is bad business.if Suds wasn't a 2 by year 3,he should have been booted because we can get 3's ANYWHERE

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OK thats all I was saying.What you are stating is CONJECTURE.maybe it happens as you said,maybe it doesn't. Takes lot to make it in this league,so I want him to prove it like anyone else

I’m going to call it a very educated guess

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m going to call it a very educated guess

I will accept that LOL and actually I agree with you.I just don't agree saying OH he is this or that without ever taking a snap.We've been let down too many times with high expectations

See,we do this ALL the time and it sucks.We keep giving players TOO many chances,and they loaf.We need to say show me something year 2 OR you can hit the bricks.We don;t do that,we coddle players until we have no choice.That is bad business.if Suds wasn't a 2 by year 3,he should have been booted because we can get 3's ANYWHERE

And that’s why I say I don’t even think he’s a lock to make the team. Good for TC because he knows the playbook. But they drafted Thorson. He was soooo bad that he couldn’t remotely challenge Suds. Totally stunk.

Hollins-coddled,finally released a year too late.Jones,coddling,if he cant play find someone who CAN.If Suds can't play BYE!!!! Dillard needs to prove his worth right NOW.or at least show us he can do this the following year.GIbson hung on too long.We can't keep tying up the roster with "well maybe he will come along"

And tell me last year,it's pretty sad either from our scouts or our coaches that WARD played better than Jjaw.if we can't see that stuff we are in deep doo doo

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Kind of hard to figure out who to stick with or not. Some guys going in you know need development. Mailata wasn’t ever going to be a factor first two years(for example). WR are known to bust out year three. I don’t mind as much when their on PS. The Taylor Hart’s burn me up though.

And tell me last year,it's pretty sad either from our scouts or out coaches that WARD played better than Jjaw.if we can't see that stuff we are in deep doo doo

Some was trust from Carson I’d say. But Ward had been in our system for three years. Not sure that was the point you were trying to make.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Kind of hard to figure out who to stick with or not. Some guys going in you know need development. Mailata wasn’t ever going to be a factor first two years(for example). WR are known to bust out year three. I don’t mind as much when their on PS. The Taylor Hart’s burn me up though.

Well I hope Hurts is AWESOME,I really DO.But I need him to show it to me.jjaw was drafted in the 2nd.he SHOULD have been able to outplay a PS guy,but he couldn't.OK it's year 2 now,better show me why I drafted you in round 2.if you were a round 5 ok,whatever,you weren't drafted with expectations,but at 2 you ARE and maybe it takes a year,so this is the year.When is JONES gonna show up as a round 2 pick? he should be a starter without question by now(maybe he will be IDK) and noone else does either

It’s all projecting the future. Trying to make it as educated as possible. Can Mills be our starting S? 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Some was trust from Carson I’d say. But Ward had been in our system for three years. Not sure that was the point you were trying to make.

jjaw was drafted to not have to worry about PS guys being forced to play.he failed to do it.That is not a round 2 pick.PS are guy that PS guys who need work,not guys you are forced to call up because your round 2 pick cant play a lick

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes pay rate is big on determining your worth in the NFL. Hurts has to earn the job. But I think after all these years here Suds needs to earn the job also. If they thought Suds was sooo good...probably wouldn’t have drafted Hurts. 

Disagree here... they mentioned Suds only being here one year and he is looking for his own opportunity to possibly start.   They needed long term commitment from another QB.  

I think year 1, Hurts for gimmicks.. if it comes down to needing a start... Suds gets it but you may have more gimmicks from Hurts.   This was long term cheap move... even more so just looking at 2021.  They have built in excuse not to use Hurts this year with the " playbook" thing where Suds knows it.  But it's their excuse not to have to get a vet. Hurts gets #2 all to himself in 2021. They go from there.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Disagree here... they mentioned Suds only being here one year and he is looking for his own opportunity to possibly start.   They needed long term commitment from another QB.  

I think year 1, Hurts for gimmicks.. if it comes down to needing a start... Suds gets it but you may have more gimmicks from Hurts.   This was long term cheap move... even more so just looking at 2021.  They have built in excuse not to use Hurts this year with the " playbook" thing where Suds knows it.  But it's their excuse not to have to get a vet. Hurts gets #2 all to himself in 2021. They go from there.

Who the heck is looking to sign Suds to start? Wait don’t answer that. Who was even looking for Suds to be there backup? If anyone actually wanted him it would have taken more to sign him.

A third string QB searching for a starting job. Major disconnect there.

How much did we pay Foles to be a backup QB? How much did we pay Chase Daniel to be a backup QB? How much are we paying Suds? Less than Nate Freakin Peterson. Half as much as AJ McCarron.

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hollins-coddled,finally released a year too late.Jones,coddling,if he cant play find someone who CAN.If Suds can't play BYE!!!! Dillard needs to prove his worth right NOW.or at least show us he can do this the following year.GIbson hung on too long.We can't keep tying up the roster with "well maybe he will come along"

Lmao didn’t even hold on to Hollins that long literally promising rookie year hurt year two released year 3...Didn’t even take a roster spot up his 2nd year....

Jones has actually shown he can play when healthy problem is never healthy.

Dillard actually thought filled in nicely at LT last season TERRIBLE CALL by the staff to try and make him play RT.

You can’t draft a guy and give up on them either after 1 bad year...

Archived