Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

I don’t discount Jalen’s 784 rushing yards and 10 TDs on the ground. They factor in for me. He was good on third downs most of the season. Good at scoring TDs instead of field goals in the redzone.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threw for a good amount of yards. But I think he definitely needs to keep improving. Saw him take a step from last year to this one. Saw him grow throughout the season. Give him upgrade over Reagor at Two WR and I’d bet his passing stats rise.

I want a better coach and better GM. Elite QB only goes so far. Seems to me if I’m b17ching about things. I’d start there. I’m just dealing with reality though.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Threw for a good amount of yards. But I think he definitely needs to keep improving. Saw him take a step from last year to this one. Saw him grow throughout the season. Give him upgrade over Reagor at Two WR and I’d bet his passing stats rise.

Smith-900 yards should have had 1000

Geodart- 850ish yards

Watkins- 650ish yards 

Our weapons weren’t terrible but we love to highlight Reagor as an excuse lol. Hurts was awful in so many games as a passer that just pure eye test Bucs games both, Giants games,, Washington games(at least till the half) SF game literally watching Hurts pass hurt.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’d also say the coaches of these QBs you named are better offensive minds than we have.

You mean the Chargers OC that worked with Herbert his rookie year that offensive mind… Think our coach was pretty damn good given the limited QB he had 

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Smith-900 yards should have had 1000

Geodart- 850ish yards

Watkins- 650ish yards 

Our weapons weren’t terrible but we love to highlight Reagor as an excuse lol. Hurts was awful in so many games as a passer that just pure eye test Bucs games both, Giants games,, Washington games(at least till the half) SF game literally watching Hurts pass hurt.

ARod didn’t look good passing against the Niners either. When did we play them ? Week 2? 

You mean the Chargers OC that worked with Herbert his rookie year that offensive mind… Think our coach was pretty damn good given the limited QB he had 

Yeah that guy. The guy that was fired.

Do you feel like Rosie or Siri are top five at their posts?

I don’t think the Bengals or the Chargers have a top 5 coach. Don’t think GB coach is top 5 think Rodgers makes him look damn good though 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Elite coaching is what you saw?

I don’t think the Bengals or the Chargers have a top 5 coach. Don’t think GB coach is top 5 think Rodgers makes him look damn good though 

Chargers didn’t make the playoffs even

ARod didn’t look good passing against the Niners either. When did we play them ? Week 2? 

Yeah that guy. The guy that was fired.

That had Justin Herbert as OROY damn that bum OC clearly can’t get good QB play out of young QBs 

That had Justin Herbert as OROY damn that bum OC clearly can’t get good QB play out of young QBs 

Then he became the second best passer in the league the year after.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Elite coaching is what you saw?

Did I say elite i said good and in context with how terrible Hurts was…. I seem numerous opportunities missed by our players that isn’t the coaches fault if the play is designed well and guys are open which happened often 

Yea because Herbert wasn’t going to keep being great lol 😂 shocker what a good QB makes coaches look like huh 🤔 

Passed for over 5,000 yards this year. Must have been all because of Steichen.

Did I say elite i said good and in context with how terrible Hurts was…. I seem numerous opportunities missed by our players that isn’t the coaches fault if the play is designed well and guys are open which happened often 

So why aren’t you crying and b17ching about the coaching? You admit you don’t think they are elite. Yet elite passing QB is what’s important.

Yea because Herbert wasn’t going to keep being great lol 😂 shocker what a good QB makes coaches look like huh 🤔 

A non playoff team? That’s what the Chargers were

So why aren’t you crying and b17ching about the coaching? You admit you don’t think they are elite. Yet elite passing QB is what’s important.

I don’t think they are elite yet I do like Siri though liked it on of what I seen from him… didn’t like what I seen from Hurts. 

I don’t think they are elite yet I do like Siri though liked it on of what I seen from him… didn’t like what I seen from Hurts. 

I’d say they are about equal. Both legit guys that are young and learning. Both need to improve. Don’t think either Hurts or Siri have the tools for elite. Hurts is ranked as the 15th best QB. Siri probably about similar as offensive minds go. Good thing is: they are both young and some in front of them are old and will retire.

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Do you feel like Rosie or Siri are top five at their posts?

Considering my top 5 coaches have all been with there respective teams for awhile.

AR, Bealichest, Payton, Carrol,Harurgh, Tomlin don’t think these guys are going to be easy to crack into.

Id say Siri was better then all the coaches hired this year, better then all the coaches that got fired probably somewhere  around the top 15 

Hurts is ranked as the 15th best QB.

By who standards lmao 🤣 most opinionated thing I’ve ever seen not even in the top 20 

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Considering my top 5 coaches have all been with there respective teams for awhile.

AR, Bealichest, Payton, Carrol,Harurgh, Tomlin don’t think these guys are going to be easy to crack into.

Id say Siri was better then all the coaches hired this year, better then all the coaches that got fired probably somewhere  around the top 15 

By who standards lmao 🤣 most opinionated thing I’ve ever seen not even in the top 20 

NFL.com ranking i think. Just posted it the other day 

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Good thing is: they are both young and some in front of them are old and will retire.

And new guys come in that are elite makes no sense I think Siri has all the makings to be a top HC he completely revamped an O around a limited QB that couldn’t pass using schemes he isn’t known for. That’s signs of great coaching.

And new guys come in that are elite makes no sense I think Siri has all the makings to be a top HC he completely revamped an O around a limited QB that couldn’t pass using schemes he isn’t known for. That’s signs of great coaching.

He held us back with terrible coaching early on. The whole stadium was yelling at him to run. Then cheered when we actually handed it to the RB. That was bad coaching. He changed up a bad offensive game plan to a better one. Is that good coaching? Yes….but based on he was doing terrible coaching. You know. Team looked completely unprepared for the playoff game. Every player looked flat. His gameplan vs Dallas he admitted was win an air shootout. Dumb plan. Some terrible playcalls also. But he had positives too. I could go through listing them. But the point is he’s green. So we are dealing with the lumps that come with on the job training here. But nobody talks about him as any kind of elite offensive mind. Nobody thinks he has that kind of ceiling.

How did Reagor remain in all his roles? Seemed like right from the get go they even understood how he was limited as a returner. He muffs it all the time or makes bad decisions. Still they put him out there all the time.

How about Howard? Was it great coaching that he utilized him and had great success launching the rushing attack? Sure. But not so much when considering he was refusing to feed the RBs and had Howard on the PS before that.

Seemed like it took him forever to utilize motion. Still never really maximized it like the best seem to do. It’s worrying that the fans are crying out and complaining very vocally about rushing the ball and using motion in the offense to get through to Siri. Still took him a long time to do it.

Archived