Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

As far as QB, you and several others here seem like you are chomping at the bit to trade and pay Kirk Cousins. He always seems to be in the top ten in passing yards. He’s your guy. Should be available. Not my guy. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

His gameplan vs Dallas he admitted was win an air shootout. Dumb plan.

Yea a Dallas team that was terrible against the pass??? Idk gameplanning to attack opponents weaknesses

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

As far as QB, you and several others here seem like you are chomping at the bit to trade and pay Kirk Cousins. He always seems to be in the top ten in passing yards. He’s your guy. Should be available. Not my guy. 

Lmao 😂 wow you are Mr.Stats aren’t you must be how you judge all your players why you think Hurts was actually a decent passer because you seen a 300 yard passing game. 

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How did Reagor remain in all his roles? Seemed like right from the get go they even understood how he was limited as a returner. He muffs it all the time or makes bad decisions. Still they put him out there all the time.

And the other option was???? Greg Ward who was stated wasn’t back there because he was having back problems… yea sometimes you are just stuck with what you have.

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seemed like it took him forever to utilize motion. Still never really maximized it like the best seem to do. It’s worrying that the fans are crying out and complaining very vocally about rushing the ball and using motion in the offense to get through to Siri. Still took him a long time to do it.

Just like it took forever for us to add things on the D shocker it takes awhile to add new elements to a scheme especially when you don’t have an offseason to really implement it. 

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How did Reagor remain in all his roles? Seemed like right from the get go they even understood how he was limited as a returner. He muffs it all the time or makes bad decisions. Still they put him out there all the time.

I know like the QB that couldn’t read defense and struggled to complete passes and had no consistency how did we leave him out there terrible coaching your right fire Siri the whole staff 

7 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yea a Dallas team that was terrible against the pass??? Idk gameplanning to attack opponents weaknesses

Lmao 😂 wow you are Mr.Stats aren’t you must be how you judge all your players why you think Hurts was actually a decent passer because you seen a 300 yard passing game. 

Five times he’s passed for 300 already. Well one was 296…..of coarse another was 387

Everybody wishes they had our brain trust on offense and WR room. The rest of the league is soooo jealous of us in these areas. Elite!

Doesn’t that seem weird to you? To be so upset and worried about not having an elite passing QB but not concerned about not having an elite offensive coaching staff or elite WR room

Im more excited for David Mills and his ceiling with the Texans then I am about Jalen Hurts. That should say it all.

I don’t ever see Hurts becoming a great passer and his running ability will only last so long. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But can’t throw the ball

And half those games were blowout loses with the defense sitting back but let’s not talk about those lol 

Your right though we basically have Kirk Cousins a QB that loves to pad stats in meaningless garbage time 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2022 at 3:07 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Reading top NFL defenses should be a given out of every NFL QB at 23….gotcha! I’d say that every QB that could do that….at that age….becomes a coach. OC then probably even HC.

Except that Bowles was NOT Trying to Disguise anything! He said as much. He left receivers wide open as he KNEW Hurts would not go to his 2nd read. What that tells me is Hurts is light years behind a normal 2nd year QB. You think he can learn this by watching film? Almost everywhere I read is that the only way to learn is with practice. You need to be on the field and see it happen. Maybe they are wrong and he can learn some from film. We will see, but I am not feeling it.

20 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Garrapolo is sooooo bad they started handing off to their super stud WR to get him involved. Deebo is amazing!

Stine and FL love Garrapolo though. Give them Shew and Garrapolo and they are happy.

Where did I say Iove Jimmy? You really need professional help to stop all this LYING. Just like Reagor "isn't my guy"(scroll back a few 100 pages when were arguing over who was the best pick 😆. But WAY after the fact "I had"(names 12 other WRs he wanted)

Garrapolo's stats were not much different than Rogers except for the first GB drive. Difference is SF won again with that terrible QB. Played poorly until it mattered. Then he made the throws needed to win. He is not the best for sure. Not even a top 10 QB, but he just wins games. Something Hurts does not do...

22 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

https://insidetheiggles.com/2022/01/21/eagles-rumors-d-k-metcalf-philadelphia/

WTH is this, click bait. Anyone here think Metcalf would come to Philly?

We're going to be tied to every FA in the galaxy,you know this happens every year

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I could maybe say Allen is better at running than passing. Pretty awesome at both.

Lamar has won playoff games

One game for Lamar, that's when Tennessee couldn't do anything on offense.  At one point yesterday Allen had 7 TDs... and 7 incomplete passes.   It's not close.  Put down the shovel. 

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I just watched ARod the twice MVP go down to a team that couldn’t throw the ball. There are other ways to win.

You wanna with 13-10 by blocking kicks and scoring on special teams?   That's your plan?  You understand the winning " in spite of Jimmy G"  for some reason it doesn't register with our guy?  

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So your point is you hate our QB? Ok

Your ready to throw anything and everything at the QB draft wishing well.

I don't hate our QB.... I hate that is our QB.  2 very different things.  But great article about Eagles and being in "QB purgatory"    that's perfect to me.   Purgatory is where you must do your time to cleanse your soul for your sins.... it's perfect.   One more year.   I hope the front office doesn't get desperate after yesterday.  Just ride with the current guy and fix everything else..  the rest will take care of itself.  

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So other than planning on b17ching what’s your plan?

To build up the rest of the team and enjoy everyone else b@tching for one more year.    

11 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I don’t believe Hurts is the guy I think he is high end backup level QB I’m fine with that stance. You on the other hand want to make it out that Hurts is this great QB then be like well if we can get this guy or that guy 

I disagree with the high end backup assessment.   That would need to be on the right team backing up the certain style.   

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t see how that will happen. I also think there are other ways to win in the NFL. I think it could be possible to be a good team without paying forty mil a year for a QB.

See here is what you keep missing.   If Hurts is legit a top 15 QB. He will cost 40-50 million in 2 years.    There is no way around it. 

So here is the issue. Is the team good enough to where you then have to pay him that $$ and you can win?     

You never stay status quo....you either move forward or backwards.    Hurts time as a cheap "QB1" is coming to and end.  Either he gets replaced or he gets paid....those are your 2 options.

I don’t discount Jalen’s 784 rushing yards and 10 TDs on the ground. They factor in for me. He was good on third downs most of the season. Good at scoring TDs instead of field goals in the redzone.

You have to factor in the running.... otherwise he's pretty brutal just with the passing...isn't he?

Your whole thing trying to make all these other guys over the years that could pass....and lump them in with Hurts only because they can also run some.... you need to reach for that to justify Hurts,  who is in the NFL only due to his running.

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

To build up the rest of the team and enjoy everyone else b@tching for one more year.    

This should be everyone's game plan. One thing I can add is it would not hurt to take a flyer on a QB Day 3. Do your homework and grab a QB that has the arm and potential. Who Knows? Maybe he will be the next Wilson...

I gotta ask.... do you read another website... and then comment on this one?      I never heard anyone on here talk about Kirk Cousins?     How much oxygen is on planet Ham?

13 minutes ago, stine said:

This should be everyone's game plan. One thing I can add is it would not hurt to take a flyer on a QB Day 3. Do your homework and grab a QB that has the arm and potential. Who Knows? Maybe he will be the next Wilson...

Ironic with Wilson.   He was day 2 guy, early 3rd round.   The Eagles wanted him, but he went just before.   

It's ironic because if we picked a little higher, we would have had him.      This year....let's jump for joy we made the playoffs because we faced awful teams...the result, we dropped 10 spots in each round...  so how many times do we miss guys??? 

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ironic with Wilson.   He was day 2 guy, early 3rd round.   The Eagles wanted him, but he went just before.   

It's ironic because if we picked a little higher, we would have had him.      This year....let's jump for joy we made the playoffs because we faced awful teams...the result, we dropped 10 spots in each round...  so how many times do we miss guys??? 

Wait, We drafted our SB MVP that year!  Why would we want to move up and get Wilson? Also, we could have drafted Cousins, Ham's favorite QB...

Archived