Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

25 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Pro Football Focus gave Epps a 72.8 overall grade, better than McLeod’s 63.7, though McLeod played more snaps

So MJK, I think we win 9-10 games based on Hurts play last year. IF Hurts blows us away, I would think Play-Offs is a done deal. What say you?

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Epps was ranked 18th out of 63 but as a starter will be asked to play a lot more snaps unless we have someone step up in the rotation.

As far as wins I'm thinking more 11-12 w/ the Bradberry signing sure wish we signed him longer. Lines are great, O looks great, D's better. It really is a solid roster, just need Hurts to step up. Believe a prob w/ dual QB's is not necessarily that they're looking to run first, but it's in their minds and that takes time away from their reads. Looking ahead to seeing more of Strong in camp, seems pretty  intelligent, want to see how quickly he reads and reacts.

wouldn't it be funny if Strong turns out to be a stud at QB? I mean he has the arm. He may need some schooling, but so did Hurts. Only difference is Strong will be looking to pass first, not run. I did not see him in College so have no clue as to how good he was, only what I read.....

Saw some Strong highlight stuff, seemed accurate downtown which I really liked. With the weapons we have on O, if Hurts isn't accurate and Strong is healthy, I'd like to see him get some reps. It's way too early to be thinking about that stuff. Would be nice if Strong works out as we wouldn't keep all 3, so trade bait plus we'd have the 2 firsts to use elsewhere next yr.

4 hours ago, stine said:

Drafting Reagor, Dillard, Barnett, Agholor, Marcus Smith.... these were " stay put" picks....

Lane, they already had pick 4... Cox and Graham they moved up.... stayed put for the Firefighter guy

  You used this as a reason why the Eagles needed to move up this year. Because they screw up EVERY year when they stay put. Or did I misread the post?

   Someone else pointed out Reagor was typical of why we should not stay put. All I said was maybe it would behoove the Eagles to do a better job of evaluating talent.

  I never said getting Davis was a mistake! I simply said that I wondered what would have happened had they stayed put was all. I did not think it was a mistake to move up.

Listen, I said Howie did a great job this year. He addressed almost every position of need. Pretty amazing job. I was simply pointing out that had they done a better job prior to 2021 in evaluating talent, we may have been in a much better situation right now.

  Look at the years following 2017, the drafts were terrible until last season. We had to keep signing FA's just to remain competitive. All that did was hurt our Cap....

So ..

1. I didn't use anything as a reason as to why the Eagles had to do anything.   I simply stated that from hearing all the chatter of how Wilson and other players were taken right before us... and looking at their drafts...  knowing they ( them, not us) like to overanalyze everything.... that it was easy to see them moving up in THIS draft, especially when they had all these extra picks.

2.  I agree All these drafts since 2017 besides the last 2... or you can just say 2019 & 2020... really 2 bad drafts because 2018 with Goedert, Sweat, Maddox and Mailata was decent.... those 2 drafts weren't good. I agree.  

3. Let's stick to the topic we are talking about though...makes it easier to follow.  We were talking about this draft and trading up for Davis.   Was it a good move or not, doesn't really matter what happened prior.   

1 hour ago, stine said:

So MJK, I think we win 9-10 games based on Hurts play last year. IF Hurts blows us away, I would think Play-Offs is a done deal. What say you?

If Hurts plays like last year we should win 11 games.    And I'm not saying Hurts played well last year.

I'm so over the draft, time to be in the present and look forward.

Crosby Stills Nash & Young - Teach Your Children - SunWisher

"Because the past, is just a goodbye"

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

If Hurts plays like last year we should win 11 games.    And I'm not saying Hurts played well last year.

What if he plays like he did in the first Giants game, the playoff game, the first Dallas game, the Raiders game, or the Chiefs game (scratch garbage time stats)?  Those are just off the top of my head - I know there were more clunkers.  

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

What if he plays like he did in the first Giants game, the playoff game, the first Dallas game, the Raiders game, or the Chiefs game (scratch garbage time stats)?  Those are just off the top of my head - I know there were more clunkers.  

Then 10 wins

10 wins and a tie - lol

Remember when McNabb didn't know a game could end in a tie

 

6 minutes ago, hputenis said:

What if he plays like he did in the first Giants game, the playoff game, the first Dallas game, the Raiders game, or the Chiefs game (scratch garbage time stats)?  Those are just off the top of my head - I know there were more clunkers.  

1. The Eagles had the 5th worst receiving corps last year according to the gospel PFF.   Which to me is generous.    You add the pro bowl Brown and the " starter " for Indy last year in Paschal,  that's huge flipping a weakness into a strength

2.  Bradberry, Slay and Maddox... which team has legit 3 WR threats this year ...that we play?

3.  Line of scrimmage... we should have the advantage there almost every game? 

4. The schedule.  

The same inconsistent version of Hurts should win us 11 games with all the other factors.  If it's only 10, then he probably plays worse.  Tell me any QB wouldn't love to have his job this year??? 

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

 

1. The Eagles had the 5th worst receiving corps last year according to the gospel PFF.   Which to me is generous.    You add the pro bowl Brown and the " starter " for Indy last year in Paschal,  that's huge flipping a weakness into a strength

2.  Bradberry, Slay and Maddox... which team has legit 3 WR threats this year ...that we play?

3.  Line of scrimmage... we should have the advantage there almost every game? 

4. The schedule.  

The same inconsistent version of Hurts should win us 11 games with all the other factors.  If it's only 10, then he probably plays worse.  Tell me any QB wouldn't love to have his job this year??? 

I feel like it's hard to evaluate the receiving corps last year when there is all 22 evidence of Goedert, especially Smith, and even Quez running wide open in many many key spots where Hurts just doesn't see them, tucks, and runs, or does circles in a clean pocket.  Smith created separation consistently in every game.  Other than that, I agree with everything else.  A mediocre QB would thrive with these weapons on offense and a rock solid OL.  I pray that Hurts can meet the mediocre expectations I have for him, because that would be an improvement over last season. 

3 hours ago, stine said:

Should we consider Seumalo and Big V good picks? I mean they both started less than half the games since 2016....

Semaulo is an underrated player really good G that got overlooked because of the monster we had with him. Hard to shine when you play next to JP,Lane,Kelce and Brooks.

Semaulo is a guy you rarely hear his named called which I was always told is the best thing from a OL. 
 

As for Big V no wasn’t a starter but can’t undermine how important he was as our 6th guy off the bench he would come in and fill in at any spot along the OL that wasn’t C and generally held up alright I’d call that a success 

3 hours ago, stine said:

Sweat started 16 games in 4 years. 17.5 sacks and 60 tackles. He looks like he may be finally coming around now though

Starts are overrated especially on our DL that has always had a heavy rotation.

What I’ve seen is a guy that keeps increasing his sack total every year went from 0 to 4 to 6 to 7.5 last season 

To compare Barnett who has been a primary starter for us has only had 21.5 sacks on 5 years 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

10 wins and a tie - lol

Remember when McNabb didn't know a game could end in a tie

LOL I was at 9 before we got Bradberry, that should make 1 close game winnable, so I am at 10 also. Since we are apparently keeping Sipos, he better up his game. No excuses for him either

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

I feel like it's hard to evaluate the receiving corps last year when there is all 22 evidence of Goedert, especially Smith, and even Quez running wide open in many many key spots where Hurts just doesn't see them, tucks, and runs, or does circles in a clean pocket.  Smith created separation consistently in every game.  Other than that, I agree with everything else.  A mediocre QB would thrive with these weapons on offense and a rock solid OL.  I pray that Hurts can meet the mediocre expectations I have for him, because that would be an improvement over last season. 

I feel like you can All 22 everyone and see where guys were open.  But this group should do more when given the opportunity.   A lot more. Basically Reagor and JJAW being replaced by Brown and Paschal. 

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL I was at 9 before we got Bradberry, that should make 1 close game winnable, so I am at 10 also. Since we are apparently keeping Sipos, he better up his game. No excuses for him either

I forgot....he lost us at least 2 games last year.    

Just now, joemas6 said:

I forgot....he lost us at least 2 games last year.    

Every position needs to do better, especially a guy with experience. I also noted TB had the worst punter in the league

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Every position needs to do better, especially a guy with experience. I also noted TB had the worst punter in the league

He cost them that Rams game.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Starts are overrated especially on our DL that has always had a heavy rotation.

What I’ve seen is a guy that keeps increasing his sack total every year went from 0 to 4 to 6 to 7.5 last season 

To compare Barnett who has been a primary starter for us has only had 21.5 sacks on 5 years 

Barnett and Sweat are still both so young. A bunch of big time experience those guys have earned. I don’t know what their role will be this year though. 4-3 Barnett on run downs and Sweat pass rush. If we truly run both fronts this season. They would be big on teams we prefer the 4-3 matchup. Sweat I would think could be good as a rush OLB. But that position seems very crowded. Reddick and Graham I think would be up first. Can Barnett play DE for 3-4?

  • Author
2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I feel like you can All 22 everyone and see where guys were open.  But this group should do more when given the opportunity.   A lot more. Basically Reagor and JJAW being replaced by Brown and Paschal. 

Curious how teams will try and gameplan against our O. Blitz and press was the answer at the end of last year. So gotta be ready to destroy that. Hurts needs to see it and read it maybe adjust. AJ going to kill them. Does AJ take over X? Then Smitty gets off the line making the jam much more difficult.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Curious how teams will try and gameplan against our O. Blitz and press was the answer at the end of last year. So gotta be ready to destroy that. Hurts needs to see it and read it maybe adjust. AJ going to kill them. Does AJ take over X? Then Smitty gets off the line making the jam much more difficult.

I would imagine their goal is to rush Hurts from the defensive left side...flush him to roll left and then the LB or DB that was in short zone finishes off the play..forcing him to throw.   I think if he can figure things out passing when moving left, then the rest will come.  If not, good teams will force him in that situation all game

Tre Boston trying to recruit himself to the Eagles on twitter. Don't think Bates is worth 15 mill/yr and a 2nd rd pick. Boston could work himself into the rotation.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.