Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If Kelce retires after this season, the Eagles would be left with a substantial amount of dead money (around $18 million) going forward. But the Eagles would probably ask Kelce to hold off filing his paperwork until after June 1 to spread out that dead money over two seasons.

Wrong. The Eagles would be responsible for only 9 mil of the 18 as the balance disappears. I just read about this.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stine said:

Wrong. The Eagles would be responsible for only 9 mil of the 18 as the balance disappears. I just read about this.

Where do you think I just quoted that statement from?

Just crazy….we are paying him 14 mil for this season. But owe him 18 mil after this season.

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ju

The Signing Bonus: Kelce got a $10.1 million signing bonus, a very nice check for from Jeffrey Lurie for coming back and playing another season. Putting the majority of the new money in a signing bonus allowed the Eagles to stretch it out over multiple seasons.

The Money: Kelce has a base salary of $1.12 million in 2022, in addition to $3 million in a roster bonus. The base salary, roster bonus and signing bonus come out to around $14 million, which is why the new contract is considered (and reported) as a one-year, $14 million deal.

The Cap Hit: The most important detail in the contract is the cap hit for 2022. Kelce’s old deal was set to have a cap hit of around $6.5 million in 2022. The new contract has that going up slightly, with a cap hit of just over $8 million. So the Eagles lost around $1.5 million in salary cap space by bringing back Kelce. Obviously, that is cap space well spent.

st crazy….we are paying him 14 mil for this season. But owe him 18 mil after this season.

not sure where you get 18 mil....

We only are responsible for the remainder of the signing bonus which is around 9 mil I think. the rest of the cash disappears

17 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But you obviously think we are the best most talented team in the league. You’re riding high! I see a team that has improved its talent to legitimately become a second tier NFC team as long as Hurts stays healthy. We don’t have much rollover going forward. Have plenty of guys in the final year of their contract. Have our Qb on a super cheap rookie contract. Have very little cap room next season…already.

Look at the cap for the next 3 seasons... see where the Eagles are compared to rest of the league.   Plenty of cap room 

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Look at the cap for the next 3 seasons... see where the Eagles are compared to rest of the league.   Plenty of cap room 

Rated next to last

Effective cap space for the Pats 22-24 is 218 mil

Eagles 59 mil

Total prorated money ranked 32nd 

a staggering 450 mil

New England has 114 mil

Bengals, Pats, Colts, Chargers and Jets are the healthiest cap teams

I’d expect these are the teams on the rise and in good shape

Colts gotta win now with Ryan

Jets building from total scratch 

Bengals obviously arrived

Chargers have all the pieces and underachieved. Just can’t see how they are held back this year again though. Have to change HC if they can’t make noise this season.

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Rated next to last

Not by any cap site... again, simple #s, you can look for yourself.   But tell me, who was last?

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Really....not Houston ?

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is where you need to look at the sites that actually know cap.

Houston ...you didn't mention... 9 mil cap space this year... 45 mil next year....and 187 mil for 2024.... yet not on your list?   Know your sources.

Bengals....15 mil, 39 mil and 123 mil... less than Houston by far...  yet not on whatever list you are looking at... the clueless source.

Math isn't hard.

The 49ers are the team on this list that could change their situation the most dramatically between now and Week 1. First, they could clear a bunch of money off the books and add some future draft capital by trading quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Second, they could drastically reduce their league-leading 2023 UFA valuation ranking via the Garoppolo trade and by extending wide receiver Deebo Samuel to a big-time extension.

The benefit of quarterback Trey Lance’s rookie contract will help offset what will likely be two contracts that average at least $25 million per year in Samuel and edge defender Nick Bosa, but they won’t have a ton of room to add many more external free agents after accounting for in-house extensions. This core has made two out of the last three NFC championships with Garoppolo under center, and if Lance can be the upgrade they envisioned when they traded up to draft him in 2021, they won’t need much more help.

Separate answer for No Mas comment: This is evaluating talent with cap space while considering contracts.

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Chargers have all the pieces and underachieved. Just can’t see how they are held back this year again though. Have to change HC if they can’t make noise this season.

The Chargers have less cap space than the Eagles and you have then ranked near the top?    They are negative 13 mil next year...  7th from the bottom... 6th from the bottom in 2024... they are 11th now, 2 mil more than the Eagles.   

Wow, your sources are pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Separate answer for No Mas comment: This is evaluating talent with cap space while considering contracts.

Right.... basically BS opinion site that's clueless.  Math is fact.   Totally irresponsible whoever is trying to come up with this  BS. 

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Bengals....15 mil, 39 mil and 123 mil... less than Houston by far...  yet not on whatever list you are looking at... the clueless source.

Math isn't hard.

You are the guy looking at the most basic traditional stats. When you evolve you’ll be looking at the next gen stats that tell more of the story. Same thing here with cap health.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

You are the guy looking at the most basic traditional stats. When you evolve you’ll be looking at the next gen stats that tell more of the story. Same thing here with cap health.

Ohhhh... when you evolve???.   Ohhh Mr Genius... tell me this magic formula here?   It's total BS for people like yourself.     They don't know the story... it's opinion.   They are having an opinion about the roster.    Probably lowering the Eagles because of your boy Hurts.   

What matters is the cap space available...  the site you are next genning...  is something of the Jerry Jones BS.   He has had great " value " on that roster...  why can't they ever fill holes though?      That's what matters. 

Dallas is only 26th in cap health….far from cream of the crop. So arguing about how we do things better than their terrible management is a very low bar.

35 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.... basically BS opinion site that's clueless.  Math is fact.   Totally irresponsible whoever is trying to come up with this  BS. 

Ham was trying to tell me the Eagles have 123 Mil against the Cap in 2025. I tried to explain that most of that cash will disappear once Howie voids the contract. He did not get that. He still thinks Kelce will cost us 18 mil next year in dead cap... I gave up....

Archived