Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

The Jets have made 7 selections in the top 36 picks the last two years

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, stine said:

Ham was trying to tell me the Eagles have 123 Mil against the Cap in 2025. I tried to explain that most of that cash will disappear once Howie voids the contract. He did not get that. He still thinks Kelce will cost us 18 mil next year in dead cap... I gave up....

Nope, I said none of that. I pointed to how backloaded and Bs our contracts are by showing you 2025 numbers. I stated NBC reported(posted link)Kelce cap numbers leave us owing 18 mil after he retires this season. But making it post June 1 we will push more than half of it to 2024 cap hit.

Stine you tried to tell me Kelce, Cox, Bradbury, Hargrave and every other one year contract player will be rostered in 2025.

4 hours ago, stine said:

23 players!  Stop exaggerating. Plus the Cap will probably be around 300 mil or more. So half the amount allotted for half the total cap.... WOW what a problem!

Supposedly 23 of those guys are being rostered in 2025 according to stine.

I’m exaggerating because I don’t believe Cox, Hargrave, Kelce, Bradberry…..on and on are being rostered for 2025 at this point.

Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers

Both teams split the financials and Baker trims 3.5 mil off his salary

51 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dallas is only 26th in cap health….far from cream of the crop. So arguing about how we do things better than their terrible management is a very low bar.

Dallas is from a salary cap are brutal.... you have mentioned how they pick players better than us and then don't pay guys who give nothing.      The fact that they do those 2 things that you constantly harp on , way better than us....yet not only can't they sign guys, they have to let guys go.   That should tell you everything. 

1 Dallas needs to manage the cap like the Eagles 

Or

2.  The Eagles need to pick players better.   

I think over the years we have all seen how #2 is our issue.   Seamulo and Barnett are the only 2 guys left drafted between Lane and Goedert.     That's a problem...not our contacts.    

Players between 5 and 8 years experience...  that's the prime.    2 guys left... your worst starting OL and a backup  DE.   

If Hurts and Sanders bust... 2019 and 2020 will be 2 more bad drafts.   

These things kill you... not a few mil in dead money in an offseason where you actually made a bunch of signings.   The money was there.   Bad drafting created too many holes. 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Players between 5 and 8 years experience...  that's the prime.    2 guys left... your worst starting OL and a backup  DE.   

If Hurts and Sanders bust... 2019 and 2020 will be 2 more bad drafts.   

These things kill you... not a few mil in dead money in an offseason where you actually made a bunch of signings.   The money was there.   Bad drafting created too many holes. 

"The money was there.” Not in a sense of the money being in the bank. More like you have been approved of this much future credit to pay back hampering those future teams.

42 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

1 Dallas needs to manage the cap like the Eagles 

Or

2.  The Eagles need to pick players better.   

1) Dallas needs to manage their contracts better. Mostly need quality HC.

2) Obviously Eags need to pick better players.

Of coarse there is the version I’m also stating that the Eags need to manage their contracts better.

Texans should be able to really cash in. That browns pick looks to be really good. If Watson is suspended the whole season especially. Texans and Browns could both be really high picks. 

Guess Panthers are only paying Mayfield 5 mil this season. Pretty cheap deal for them. They played hardball and it worked out for them. You know…except for the part of Baker being their top option.

2024 conditional fifth round pick for Mayfield. Ouch what a shot to his ego that must be. Be one thing if they had to take on the money. But Cleveland even took on most of the money.

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I can’t agree at all. You guys aren’t even dreaming high enough.

Wow a complete 180 

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Over a decade ago now I’ve been talking about the hybrid rolls. That we could be concentrating on S types. Play FS, SS, Slot, LBing rolls…..just one of many evolutions I’ve foreseen.

Once again Ham calls it!!!! LMAO

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wow a complete 180 

I don’t think so at all. I was just realistic of the capabilities of last year’s team. They needed some serious luck to get to the top. Just the way it was. I’d obviously love to have the most superior team in all the land. Putting that bar on last year’s group just wasn’t fair in any way though.

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

"Coming out of (2017 and 2018), trying to be aggressive, we knew at some point we were going to have to take a step back, we were going to pay it, but I would do that 100 times out of 100 times,” Roseman said.

Instead he doubled down on 2019….then astoundingly tried to do it for 2020 as well.

So do you think we can win 10 games this year? If you do, wasn't it worth it? We have the team now,no Hurts excuses,we need 10 games won no excuses . 11 would be nice and 2 post season wins. Some teams take 35 years to rebuild(see Cleveland)

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So do you think we can win 10 games this year? If you do, wasn't it worth it? We have the team now,no Hurts excuses,we need 10 games won no excuses . 11 would be nice and 2 post season wins. Some teams take 35 years to rebuild(see Cleveland)

Think we are still hamstrung by this. Still paying Malik and Alshon for that…this year.

I thought you said we only beat High School teams last year FL. Your bar really jumped that much over this offseason?

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think so at all. I was just realistic of the capabilities of last year’s team. They needed some serious luck to get to the top. Just the way it was. I’d obviously love to have the most superior team in all the land. Putting that bar on last year’s group just wasn’t fair in any way though.

Your bar is WAY too low on Hurts. Let's see if he can deliver. He needs to, or we will be looking at a QB in the next draft. As fas as cap goes, we chose some bad players and signed other bad players like JP when there was no need to pay him. We got shagged on Wentz, Alshon and Djax and why that whole season was a wash. Then we had the Reagor WHIFF. last draft was really well done. Now all we need is a drafted S,so get one in FA next year if all these other guys work out(Bradberry and White). So after some spotty decision and some outright CRAP decisions,we did a nice job the last 2 drafts. now we need those guys to perform

This draft hasn’t proven anything. Bradbury and White work out…then we’ll be looking to replace them. Because they only signed for one season. 

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think we are still hamstrung by this. Still paying Malik and Alshon for that…this year.

I thought you said we only beat High School teams last year FL. Your bar really jumped that much over this offseason?

Last year we DID. We played so any teams that were banged up,playing 3rd stringers. it was a pathetic display and we even lost some of those games. This year,yet another EASY schedule,but at least we will play teams at full strength,not the gimme games of last year. You also said we were DOOMED if we lost the opener to Detroit LOL. But  now you did a 180 and we are SB bound

Need a Rb also next draft. What about a DE? What about replacing Cox and Hargrave? Need an outside CB next year. Need a S…maybe even two really.

This is all on Hurts,there are no excuses left,raise your bar Ham and make him perform or he is gone

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Need a Rb also next draft. What about a DE? What about replacing Cox and Hargrave? Need an outside CB next year. Need a S…maybe even two really.

Don't we have nice draft picks next year because of the deal we made for another first next year? If the guy we want isn't there next year then do the same thing,but if Hurts can't show us he is an NFL power,we have 2 firsts next year

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

IDK that we need a RB next draft either. We have some on the roster,one can emerge. Not worried about RB one iota

Archived