Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

We are paying Malik Jackson over 9 mil this season….but can’t afford 14 mil a season for Marcus Williams. If you can’t see anything wrong with this….I don’t know what to tell you.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stine said:

Did you honestly think the Eagles would be competing for the SB this year after last season? We had so many needs that to think we could plug all of them in one year is absurd! Getting more draft capital for 2023 was absolutely the right thing to do. We can **** and complain all we want that we did not resolve 1-2 positions to our liking, but this team is far better than the one that lost to TB in the play-offs.

1.  Which S in this draft at pick 16 or later are you trading this package for.... 2023 1st, 2024 2nd and Dean ( who was drafted with the 3rd round pick that we would have had to give Tennessee if we didn't trade with the Saints.  

You have hindsight now... you are the GM after the fact ...  tell me which S in THIS YEAR'S draft you trade all that for? 

2.   Eagles have the cap space ... still have over $12 mil left at the moment, if they wanted to sign any safety. Nice try, but cap isn't your thing. 

1 hour ago, stine said:

Did you honestly think the Eagles would be competing for the SB this year after last season? We had so many needs that to think we could plug all of them in one year is absurd! Getting more draft capital for 2023 was absolutely the right thing to do. We can **** and complain all we want that we did not resolve 1-2 positions to our liking, but this team is far better than the one that lost to TB in the play-offs.

Sorry Stine ... that was for Ham

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I just don’t see this as an acceptable argument. It’s the Bronze Standard argument.

A far better team that’s still limited by these factors I mentioned.

See my response...  you are GM and can trade back all that we got from the Saints for any S after pick 16... you "call it"  now ... which S are you doing that for?    

Not expecting an answer from Ham...this is what he does.  .throws out a theory but never gives details or specifics.

We are paying Malik Jackson over 9 mil this season….but can’t afford 14 mil a season for Marcus Williams. If you can’t see anything wrong with this….I don’t know what to tell you.

I did not realize Jackson was signed this year...?  You want everything. I get it, but we do not have enough capital to grab a FA at every position!  Would you rather have Williams than Bradberry? I guess the Eagles could have done that, but I personally like what they did.....

You don't understand the cap.   You would have paid Jackson the 9 million year 1... then the carryover would have been less.   The Eagles could have signed the safety if they wanted . You think the Saints are in better cap position?  

Basically that is what you are saying...that the Saints were able to sign a guy because they were in better cap position.     Which is complete BS.

2 minutes ago, stine said:

I did not realize Jackson was signed this year...?  You want everything. I get it, but we do not have enough capital to grab a FA at every position!  Would you rather have Williams than Bradberry? I guess the Eagles could have done that, but I personally like what they did.....

Ham needs an excuse other than Jalen Hurts ... if things go wrong THIS YEAR. 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Ham needs an excuse other than Jalen Hurts ... if things go wrong THIS YEAR. 

We signed a LB, DE, CB, S and 2 WR's in FA. Yet Ham still wants a stud S? Sure let's ask the Wizard of OZ!

1 minute ago, stine said:

We signed a LB, DE, CB, S and 2 WR's in FA. Yet Ham still wants a stud S? Sure let's ask the Wizard of OZ!

We have over $12 mil in cap space... Marcus Williams cap hits for 2022 and 2023 are less than $12 mil combined.  We could have easily signed him if they wanted.  

But maybe Baltimore is wrong in how they put together his contract... which is backloaded...  which every team does.    But Ham just blames the Eagles for doing so.   

Yet Dallas is the organization the Eagles need to model themselves after.. the way they co contracts and handle the cap..... it has enabled then to be such major players in free agency ... lol.    CLUELESS!

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

We have over $12 mil in cap space... Marcus Williams cap hits for 2022 and 2023 are less than $12 mil combined.  We could have easily signed him if they wanted.  

But maybe Baltimore is wrong in how they put together his contract... which is backloaded...  which every team does.    But Ham just blames the Eagles for doing so.   

2022: $4.028M
2023: $7.803M
2024: $18.723M
2025: $18.723M
2026: $20.723M

Here are his Cap hits per year. That what you want Ham?

5 minutes ago, stine said:

Eagles could have done this easily... year 3 is an obvious restructure that will push money down the road if needed.

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Eagles could have done this easily... year 3 is an obvious restructure that will push money down the road if needed.

Then they obviously did not want him that badly. He already is not practicing for some injury. I think the Eagles like who they have at safety right now. Epps did a good job and they feel he is ready to step up. Who are we to judge? We are not there every day......

Plus they will have less pressure now that our LB's and CB's are much better. If we can rush the passer this season, I think the Defense will be fine. I still look at the offense for my question marks to be honest.

14 minutes ago, stine said:

Plus they will have less pressure now that our LB's and CB's are much better. If we can rush the passer this season, I think the Defense will be fine. I still look at the offense for my question marks to be honest.

As always barring injuries i think we have the best O line in football which snould make Hurts a better QB

The running game is a concern but thet O line will help there also.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Not expecting an answer from Ham...this is what he does.  .throws out a theory but never gives details or specifics.

Daxton Hill would be my choice

1 hour ago, stine said:

I like some of what they did this offseason. I really don’t like much of what they’ve done before to put us in this position however.

Don’t know if I’m totally sold on Davis being worthy of trading up for. Had other thoughts of my Big Board. We are facing a long list of top RBs THIS season. Were terrible against the run last year. So he’ll help immediately there. Jergens wasn’t my choice in round two either.

We opened up extra cap AFTER June 1 on the Cox haggling.

You don't understand the cap.   You would have paid Jackson the 9 million year 1... then the carryover would have been less.   The Eagles could have signed the safety if they wanted . You think the Saints are in better cap position?  

Basically that is what you are saying...that the Saints were able to sign a guy because they were in better cap position.     Which is complete BS.

I wouldn’t have paid Jackson at all…to be clear…if I wasn’t clear enough already at the time of his signing.

58 minutes ago, stine said:

For an All Pro S when I’m negotiating to sign my Franchise QB? Sure

I prefer not to backload so much. When I really would start doing that it would be once  I feel the Championship window is open

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I prefer not to backload so much. When I really would start doing that it would be once  I feel the Championship window is open

But it is OK for an All Pro safety? The Championship window is not open for us yet, even with this dude...

2 hours ago, stine said:

Stud OL, # 4 ranked WR group, good TE.... can't imagine you are talking QB and RB....lol.     pretty much where 99% of us are.   The 1 % Hurts stans will question all the other stuff though...plus the punter.

Daxton Hill would be my choice

You would trade Dean, next year's 1st and 2024 2nd rounder for Daxton Hill?

Archived