Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

You seem to be just looking for any chance to take a stab at things. I want to really dominate for an extended period. That is how I believe you give yourself the best opportunity to win it all….hopefully more than once.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Didn’t make that many moves. But in a world where the cal will never get cleared…and heavily backloaded contracts will always hold us down from having much more than a one year window…I make the moves.

Ok.... Redick, Kelce,Cox, Barnett, White,Bradberry, the safety they signed, and the trade for Brown....   that's 8 pretty significant moves ....  who did they cut do to monet?

Now look at Dallas.   The way they handle the cap.  Which way is better. 

8 hours ago, stine said:

We signed a LB, DE, CB, S and 2 WR's in FA. Yet Ham still wants a stud S? Sure let's ask the Wizard of OZ!

LOL I said before he was miffed we only filled 6/7 holes in a year 🙄

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So after you suck for two years…then you want to start clearing cap so you can rebuild? That’s clearly painful. Start clearing cap space AND pay core players in 2019. Then we wouldn’t have over 50 mil in dead money. We’d also owe a little less on a couple/few players that fit into our longer term plans. It’s a win/win/win. So obviously ….I’m just not sure how you can’t just understand these very simple facts.

We got "schmeckled" when Wentz went from hero to zero

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Ok.... Redick, Kelce,Cox, Barnett, White,Bradberry, the safety they signed, and the trade for Brown....   that's 8 pretty significant moves ....  who did they cut do to monet?

Now look at Dallas.   The way they handle the cap.  Which way is better. 

Clearly neither is what I’ve been repeatedly explaining

59 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We got "schmeckled" when Wentz went from hero to zero

Was way more than that... the receivers wouldn't have started for the Stars this year.    Part of my issue with this organization.... not worried about this mythical cap management Ham wants to do.... the plain biggest issue has always been the front office total disregard for certain positions.... WR and LB specifically.    It's 11 vs 11... those guys count.    2017... Alshon, Torrey Smith,Agholor, Hicks,  Bradham and Kendricks were legit NFL players...  looks Iike we addressed those things this year.  Finally.   

You love the keep signing FA , backloading, cut with dead money…but really not getting much of anywhere because you max out just trying to get there. My ideas are more methodical. So instead of winning it all with a lucky flash in the pan season….with no chance of sustaining. I’m actually preparing to succeed. Doesn’t seem that strange at all to me. Prepare yourself to accel and achieve. When you do you can actually finish the puzzle with the key needed piece. But not just that…..sustain the effort so it’s not just a one shot season deal.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Clearly neither is what I’ve been repeatedly explaining

Clearly the Eagles player selection has been their issue...the fact they can miss on so many contracts and still have the ability to make all these moves this year...should show their financial system works...   vs Dallas keep making great selections and they spin in circles because they mismanage the contracts. 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You love the keep signing FA , backloading, cut with dead money…but really not getting much of anywhere because you max out just trying to get there. My ideas are more methodical. So instead of winning it all with a lucky flash in the pan season….with no chance of sustaining. I’m actually preparing to succeed. Doesn’t seem that strange at all to me. Prepare yourself to accel and achieve. When you do you can actually finish the puzzle with the key needed piece. But not just that…..sustain the effort so it’s not just a one shot season deal.

Your method has worked in reality for which organization.... NFL that is?    Theory and reality are 2 different things. 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Clearly the Eagles player selection has been their issue...the fact they can miss on so many contracts and still have the ability to make all these moves this year...should show their financial system works...   vs Dallas keep making great selections and they spin in circles because they mismanage the contracts. 

Making all these moves? Not seeing that so much. But keeping Kelce and Cox I guess is what you are referring too.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Your method has worked in reality for which organization.... NFL that is?    Theory and reality are 2 different things. 

When the two collide it’s a thing of beauty

But you obviously think we are the best most talented team in the league. You’re riding high! I see a team that has improved its talent to legitimately become a second tier NFC team as long as Hurts stays healthy. We don’t have much rollover going forward. Have plenty of guys in the final year of their contract. Have our Qb on a super cheap rookie contract. Have very little cap room next season…already.

To me you are reaching for the Bronze Standard you bashed AR for. You just can’t see a bar set any higher. You just want a shot at trying to become a contender. I’m trying to open your mind to the idea of sustaining contention. Taking a team that contends and actually adding to it to finalize a Championship.

You are reveling in adding Bradbury and Tartt to try and win a playoff game. I’m considering building up a core that can win a playoff game but needing to add Deion Sanders to complete the journey.

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Was way more than that... the receivers wouldn't have started for the Stars this year.    Part of my issue with this organization.... not worried about this mythical cap management Ham wants to do.... the plain biggest issue has always been the front office total disregard for certain positions.... WR and LB specifically.    It's 11 vs 11... those guys count.    2017... Alshon, Torrey Smith,Agholor, Hicks,  Bradham and Kendricks were legit NFL players...  looks Iike we addressed those things this year.  Finally.   

Alshon and Djax were "legit" WR's,but both were in the mash tent that year. As that season was already lost there was no reason to go out and sign another legit WR 1/2 way through the year. They tried and whiffed with Reagor,so basically a lost year there too. I think we finally addressed LB to some degree. Glad we got some CB's in here,but now we need to back that up with some legit draft picks for the future. WR should be set up well now. Would like a S and at least 1 more CB next draft if we don't have to go find a QB,but Hurts will have to really shine in my view for us to avoid looking again

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We signed Brown to more than 1 year? Slay and Bradberry can be re-signed if we want to keep them around,the rest of the input was draft picks,so I don't get your point,they are doing what you are asking them to do lol. We aren't paying Hurts (yet) Smith is a keeper and on a rook contract. IDK what else you expect the FO to do,they are doing a fine job after the Reagor WHIFF pick

To me you are reaching for the Bronze Standard you bashed AR for. You just can’t see a bar set any higher. You just want a shot at trying to become a contender. I’m trying to open your mind to the idea of sustaining contention. Taking a team that contends and actually adding to it to finalize a Championship.

Oh you decided to raise your bar now? We never lowered ours

You are reveling in adding Bradbury and Tartt to try and win a playoff game. I’m considering building up a core that can win a playoff game but needing to add Deion Sanders to complete the journey.

I liked Tartt in that draft. How many more draft picks do you need to build up the core? Didn't we address 6/7 needs??? (4 draft picks, Brown and Bradberry) Adding Tartt was a nice move also

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Oh you decided to raise your bar now? We never lowered ours

I can’t agree at all. You guys aren’t even dreaming high enough.

19 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you max out your cap while backloading contracts….just to get four wins then….

Yet you say it is OK to back load a contract for Williams. You cannot have it both ways. Listen, no one knows how well the team will perform ahead of time. So you sign who you thinks will help the team and hope it is enough. You either back load contracts or you don't. You choose. But do not complain we did not sign Williams if you dislike back loaded contracts!

19 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Golden State Warriors

You cannot compare Basket Ball to NFL! Totally different rules and amount of contracts! 

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Making all these moves? Not seeing that so much. But keeping Kelce and Cox I guess is what you are referring too.

When the two collide it’s a thing of beauty

Someday one of your theories and reality might collide... we shall see.  

Yeah... look around the NFL...tell me which team made as many player moves.   You have 32 teams...  let's say if the Eagles are in the top 25%, then I would consider them one of the teams who were able to make moves.... and not restricted because of cap.      Can you find me 8 teams that have made more significant player moves?    And liking the moves better isn't the idea, that's a different conversation ( player selection vs cap management)

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But you obviously think we are the best most talented team in the league. You’re riding high! I see a team that has improved its talent to legitimately become a second tier NFC team as long as Hurts stays healthy. We don’t have much rollover going forward. Have plenty of guys in the final year of their contract. Have our Qb on a super cheap rookie contract. Have very little cap room next season…already.

Yes, but next year we have only 25 mil dead money. So you are halfway there to clearing the CAP!

25 minutes ago, stine said:

Yet you say it is OK to back load a contract for Williams. You cannot have it both ways. Listen, no one knows how well the team will perform ahead of time. So you sign who you thinks will help the team and hope it is enough. You either back load contracts or you don't. You choose. But do not complain we did not sign Williams if you dislike back loaded contracts!

I’m dealing with reality. Glad you brought this up. I’m pissed that over 50 million….let me repeat this so it’s very clear….50 million of dead money absorbed this season because of the heavy backload….is the reason we can’t sign the All Pro S. We wouldn’t have to backload anything otherwise.

39 minutes ago, stine said:

You cannot compare Basket Ball to NFL! Totally different rules and amount of contracts! 

Actually not that different. NBA they are fully guaranteed contracts however.

28 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Someday one of your theories and reality might collide... we shall see.  

Yeah... look around the NFL...tell me which team made as many player moves.   You have 32 teams...  let's say if the Eagles are in the top 25%, then I would consider them one of the teams who were able to make moves.... and not restricted because of cap.      Can you find me 8 teams that have made more significant player moves?    And liking the moves better isn't the idea, that's a different conversation ( player selection vs cap management)

Over a decade ago now I’ve been talking about the hybrid rolls. That we could be concentrating on S types. Play FS, SS, Slot, LBing rolls…..just one of many evolutions I’ve foreseen.

Archived