Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t know if I’m totally sold on Davis being worthy of trading up for. Had other thoughts of my Big Board. We are facing a long list of top RBs THIS season. Were terrible against the run last year. So he’ll help immediately there. Jergens wasn’t my choice in round two either.

We opened up extra cap AFTER June 1 on the Cox haggling.

How much did that open up?   We couldn't have used $4 million for Williams?  

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stine said:

But it is OK for an All Pro safety? The Championship window is not open for us yet, even with this dude...

I think it’s arguable. If we had cleared the cap first….we’d really be entering a contending window.

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You would trade Dean, next year's 1st and 2024 2nd rounder for Daxton Hill?

Your logic isn’t sound. Dean I’d argue is our best pick.

I wouldn’t have paid Jackson at all…to be clear…if I wasn’t clear enough already at the time of his signing.

So again, it's a wrong move play wise... not how the cap is managed.  And I keep using this example with Dallas...who have gotten good results from players...yet can't make moves because of how they manage the cap.  

The cap part is different than player selection.    So don't try to bring up cap management when not liking the Eagles moves... they absolutely could have signed Williams,  they chose not to do so. Player decision, not cap.    

I want to find the GM that would trade Dean, next year's 1st and 2024 2nd for Daxton Hill?    

Page 1869.... goes ok permanent file of " Ham called it"   1289 and Ziggy Anzah over Lane have company 

But you didn’t have to both sign Williams and draft Hill. One of them could have been huge!

I prefer not to backload so much. When I really would start doing that it would be once  I feel the Championship window is open

Again... you don't seem to get the rolling cap.     

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So again, it's a wrong move play wise... not how the cap is managed.  And I keep using this example with Dallas...who have gotten good results from players...yet can't make moves because of how they manage the cap.  

The cap part is different than player selection.    So don't try to bring up cap management when not liking the Eagles moves... they absolutely could have signed Williams,  they chose not to do so. Player decision, not cap.    

I want to find the GM that would trade Dean, next year's 1st and 2024 2nd for Daxton Hill?    

Page 1869.... goes ok permanent file of " Ham called it"   1289 and Ziggy Anzah over Lane have company 

Russel Wilson as our QB. DeAndre Hopkins as our WR. On and on….

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

But you didn’t have to both sign Williams and draft Hill. One of them could have been huge!

Sure... so you don't approve of not spending for Williams.   That's fine... bit they could have, they just didn't.  Has nothing to do with Malik Jackson.

And you also are on record to prefer Daxton Hill over Dean, and the 2 picks.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Again... you don't seem to get the rolling cap.     

I think I get it …very easily.

Russel Wilson as our QB. DeAndre Hopkins as our WR. On and on….

On and on... how many teams passed up 5 or 6 times on Brady.... on and on... teams miss picks.

If you clear the cap….then don’t backload your main contracts….you then have a huge window you can start backloading contracts to contend for years. Very simple and basic concept.

If you max out your cap while backloading contracts….just to get four wins then….

I think I get it …very easily.

No you don't.  5 years 50 mil... no matter how you break it out...it comes out the same.    If more cap hit early, less carry over.   Means less cap space to start.   Part of why Dallas has been in bad shape for years.  They don't get the concept.

You back end load means if the player fails or falls off, you get rid f him with less cap hit.   Also, players look at new money coming in.. salaries have to go up or they aren't happy.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you clear the cap….then don’t backload your main contracts….you then have a huge window you can start backloading contracts to contend for years. Very simple and basic concept.

What is clear the cap?     Show me an organization that has had success due to your theory?

LA used free agency and bought at title trading draft picks... not using them.   SF has not had more success than the Eagles overall... no SB win.   They were your blue print,except the part you leave out, that they sucked for a few years while clearing the cap. 

We rolled over very little…still paying for play from 2019 in 2022. You think that’s great for a team to get that fourth win in 2020. I think it’s moronic!

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

What is clear the cap?     Show me an organization that has had success due to your theory?

LA used free agency and bought at title trading draft picks... not using them.   SF has not had more success than the Eagles overall... no SB win.   They were your blue print,except the part you leave out, that they sucked for a few years while clearing the cap. 

Golden State Warriors

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you max out your cap while backloading contracts….just to get four wins then….

So Dallas maxes out without backloading.... yet Dak has $102 mil of cap hits in 2023-24.     

The Eagles just don't understand cap like you... nor do the rest of the teams..lol.   

Niners had the opportunity. Bad decisions and mostly getting ravaged by injuries derailed them. COVID situation it’s hard for me to blame too much on them. Us I can blame plenty on.

Golden State Warriors

Lol... football , different sport.  But this answer is exactly the issue you have ....you live in a different world 

Niners had the opportunity. Bad decisions and mostly getting ravaged by injuries derailed them. COVID situation it’s hard for me to blame too much on them. Us I can blame plenty on.

Yeah...we won a SB.  I'll blame selecting Lane over Ziggy for that.

Just now, joemas6 said:

So Dallas maxes out without backloading.... yet Dak has $102 mil of cap hits in 2023-24.     

The Eagles just don't understand cap like you... nor do the rest of the teams..lol.   

Most teams GM is fighting for his job he can’t afford not too overextend. Not Rosie’s situation at all. We should have/could have utilized that benefit to a major advantage. Or….be paying bad signings several years after they’ve left the team…like you champion.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We rolled over very little…still paying for play from 2019 in 2022. You think that’s great for a team to get that fourth win in 2020. I think it’s moronic!

You like Dallas... they keep paying as they go.... and can't make moves.   

I think looking at the big picture of how things work... b@tching about something you don't have a clue about is moronic.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Most teams GM is fighting for his job he can’t afford not too overextend. Not Rosie’s situation at all. We should have/could have utilized that benefit to a major advantage. Or….be paying bad signings several years after they’ve left the team…like you champion.

So explain Marcus Williams contract?  Do I need to go over other contracts across the league also?  

They backload... that's how it works because of rolling cap...not a tough concept.  The team that does it a little differently...is Dallas.   They can't sign players...not real complicated,  why doesn't this register? 

Where would things be if we just didn’t sign Jackson and Jackson. Not just that they were bad signings(which they were). Just flat out clearing the cap. Save all that money…roll it forward. Instead of paying for it so far in the future…like we are now. Don’t guarantee Alshon to stick around again. Don’t waste all that loot on Peters. How much more money do we have to spend this year if we just don’t overextend and spend on those four? That’s clearing the cap…and rolling cap.

Again... selecting players is different than managing the cap.    

Every bad move by the Eagles is based on being the wrong player.   Yet still Dallas has not advanced further than us since 2016... drafted better, but not been able to do anything in free agency?  

Cap is different.  Only one to me that didn't make sense was Alshon.  Not because of his play...but because redoing his deal didn't save any cap.  

The rest of the Eagles issues is bad player selection.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Where would things be if we just didn’t sign Jackson and Jackson. Not just that they were bad signings(which they were). Just flat out clearing the cap. Save all that money…roll it forward. Instead of paying for it so far in the future…like we are now. Don’t guarantee Alshon to stick around again. Don’t waste all that loot on Peters. How much more money do we have to spend this year if we just don’t overextend and spend on those four? That’s clearing the cap…and rolling cap.

Idk...where would any team be if they didn't make bad decisions on players?

Yet I bring up again... Dallas has gotten good return from their player investments.... yet still can't sign free agents.?      

Would you rather be a GM who picks all the right players, but can't participate in free agency...or would you want to be a GM that has the opportunity to get a player?    

Archived