Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Last year we DID. We played so any teams that were banged up,playing 3rd stringers. it was a pathetic display and we even lost some of those games. This year,yet another EASY schedule,but at least we will play teams at full strength,not the gimme games of last year. You also said we were DOOMED if we lost the opener to Detroit LOL. But  now you did a 180 and we are SB bound

I was being sarcastic to No Mas about him and his thoughts must think we are the greatest. I think we moved into the second tier in the NFC. But you wanted us to tank last year you thought us so bad. I definitely haven’t seen that much change this offseason for you to be expect to get all this now. Can’t see how you thought we were so bad last season and so good this one. You must really love these one year signings we made. Or think Jergens the backup C we drafted really moves the needle.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Need a Rb also next draft. What about a DE? What about replacing Cox and Hargrave? Need an outside CB next year. Need a S…maybe even two really.

Yeah we need 1 CB at least. 2 S's would be nice,so I agree there. DE is always a need for every team,you can't have too many of those,but let's see how they use Davis,he can play multiple roles on the line.

I’m the one that’s consistent. You and No Mas say we were terrible last year. Yet you think we should be blockbuster this season. I’m curious what moved the needle so far for you in the other direction. The complete 180 was the two of you. I’ve been consistent…like always.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was being sarcastic to No Mas about him and his thoughts must think we are the greatest. I think we moved into the second tier in the NFC. But you wanted us to tank last year you thought us so bad. I definitely haven’t seen that much change this offseason for you to be expect to get all this now. Can’t see how you thought we were so bad last season and so good this one. You must really love these one year signings we made. Or think Jergens the backup C we drafted really moves the needle.

You don't love the signings??? Really?? White can be great for us. Bradberry creates problems for WR's. With him and Slay they should do well cancelling out WR's. Do I need to explain Brown? he was the "Reagor" we hoped to get,but he's a BUST, so BOOM Wr's FIXED. I hace no clue how you can complain about the signings

You think Davis is going to just terrorize like Aaron Donald? You think Jergens backing up C makes our O so much more potent? What has changed so dramatically from you wanting us to tank to now expecting two playoff victories?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Davis isn’t a 4-3 DE

And how do you know he can't learn that???? Amazing how you think these college kids are locked in to what they did in college. He is HUGE and FAST and he is young and can be taught,that's why we have coaches

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

You think Davis is going to just terrorize like Aaron Donald? You think Jergens backing up C makes our O so much more potent? What has changed so dramatically from you wanting us to tank to now expecting two playoff victories?

OMG I have to list what changed now?? I mean I can if you don't understand things LOL

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OMG I have to list what changed now?? I mean I can if you don't understand things LOL

Would surely help me understand how you went from wanting us to to tank because we were so bad to now expecting two playoff victories.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

IDK what Davis can do,neither do you. Jergens, Kelce loves this kid,if we play well and get to post season and Kelce gets hurt I would feel ok with him at C,you should too,it's why he was drafted. if you don't think brown is a HUGE improvement over Reagor,I have swamp land to sell you. We should also see Gainwell more now that he has some NFL experience,we added Bradberry, Kazir White can be effective for us. IDK what changes you DONT see,there are MANY. Smith got 900 yards with a BS QB and play calling disaster for 6 weeks. Brown and Smith should BOTH go over 1k. if you don't think that is an improvement IDK what to tell you

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Would surely help me understand how you went from wanting us to to tank because we were so bad to now expecting two playoff victories.

I wanted us to tank to get better draft picks,not real hard to grasp. Season was crap anyway

I haven’t seen that massive an offseason. Think we added some good pieces. But I thought we were a good team. Thought we were about what are seeding was….quality wise. So I think we moved up to second tier in the NFC. Guess I’m not as overwhelmingly blown away by this offseason near as much as you. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

UH,because we filled 6/7 holes we had last year? That's not a reason?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I haven’t seen that massive an offseason. Think we added some good pieces. But I thought we were a good team. Thought we were about what are seeding was….quality wise. So I think we moved up to second tier in the NFC. Guess I’m not as overwhelmingly blown away by this offseason near as much as you. 

I'm not blown away until I see the finished product on the field. The POTENTIAL is there,alot of it rides on Hurts shoulders. I don;t care who the stars are in August

Upgrades/ pros over last year  Brown,Bradberry, White, Dickerson has a year in, Mailiata will just keep getting better. We will see how thy use Davis,can be disruptive from alot of spots. Jurgens can possibly play G if needed and /or take over if Kelce gets hurt(we did;t have that covered last year), We should see more of Gainwell now in the RBBC set. Cons I want a punter in here, we are still weak at S,but Tartt was a nice snag. He is better than what we had,so I can't say if that is a pro or con at this point. But really not alot to complain about until we see game 1

AJ is a big get. The backup C might do nothing for us with our second pick this season. Bringing back Harris didn’t impress me. He wasn’t very good last year. Tartt? I just don’t know. Can’t really be worse than Harris. But there was a reason he was busting sitting there for us to pickup. Bradbury obviously many thought his play has been slipping. Hope their all wrong. One year band aid. I’m not so sure on Davis being Mr Everything. See him as a Nose T run stuffer. Reddick is a tough player to slot. Very talented…but not ideal for any one position kind of. So take great coaching to maximize him. White….wasn’t highly sought after. Adds the coverage side of things Edwards and Bradley can’t handle. So a decent addition to THAT room. Dean is the big get. Can he hold up? How healed is he? If Hurts or Slay go down…think we’re in trouble.

Yeah our P wasn’t good. Our return game wasn’t good. Not sure we did anything to improve those.

So tell me where your high bar lies FL. You think these offseason moves were enough to move us from what you thought was garbage to elite now?

I want to be very optimistic about this team. Want everybody to have career seasons. 

I’m not as clear cut sold on this coaching staff. Our QB needs to age and improve quickly. Sanders needs to step up and achieve his top potential finally. Smitty needs to overcome his flaws. Tape is out on him now. Hurts and Smith will be tested harshly by the best in the business attacking their weaknesses. Adapt or die! AJ has to adapt to a new everything. Goedert needs to step up and prove durability. On and on….down the line. Think we will take some lumps with youth and new defensive scheming.

The main hurdle and goal is: win the division. Everything will look much more difficult if we fail to capture home field for a playoff game. Are we better than Dallas? Fine line there. I’m not so sold on that fact like others must be.

Ben McAdoo wasn’t high on Baker. While out of a job McAdoo was asked about the draft class. Pretty much slammed Mayfield. Be interesting now that he’s the OC for him.

McAdoo did pretty much nail that draft. Said Josh Allen top guy. Lamar next. Baker sixth. Definitely wasn’t common opinion.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Of coarse there is the version I’m also stating that the Eags need to manage their contracts better.

Nah... they need to pick players better.  So many opportunities and failures...  yet due to their cap management,  they keep taking swings.    It's frustrating a team can miss so much,  frustrating because they sure take credit for giving themselves the opportunity to miss so much.

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah our P wasn’t good. Our return game wasn’t good. Not sure we did anything to improve those.

We got track star in here. I assume we got him to do returns and play WR if we lose 5 of them(LOL)

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This draft hasn’t proven anything. Bradbury and White work out…then we’ll be looking to replace them. Because they only signed for one season. 

OH the Smith pick didn't prove anything? Seems to me he was a good pick? We got more "meat and potatoes" players this time which we needed. Brown will add some flash to our "dead" offense. Pascal and Quez can be rotated depending who is doing a better match up job,that can happen IN GAME. One season sure,not really that uncommon for guys who change teams,both sides need to see if they fit together. If so there is zero reason they can't be signed for 2-3 more. The 1 year just leaves every side an out in the event it's a disaster

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So tell me where your high bar lies FL. You think these offseason moves were enough to move us from what you thought was garbage to elite now?

Elite in time maybe,too soon to know that. Right now I will settle for SOLID and CONSISTENT and Hurts getting the ball out to the play makers. Doesn't have to be elite, Just needs to be better than the defenses you face every week. let see some solid execution. We have the p[layers for that we didn't last year. brown and Hurts seem to have a connection and I'm sure Smith can get there also. Our offense is way better than last year. On the D side we added new pieces that filled glaring holes. We'll know soon if those are the right players for the job . But it was refreshing to see them address the positions they have ignored draft after draft(LB and CB) and go out and fill those needs without burning the whole checkbook on a "dream" player. We added nice solid guys who can play.I'm sure they will work out fine

Archived