Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Joe thinks it's funny we couldn't score in 30 minutes LOL

Seeing as we scored 24 in the first half…I was looking for a total of 48. Extremely disappointed!:lol::lol::lol:

On a serious note, I am mystified we didn't score for the last 30. For the 2nd game and 2-0…I'll take it and look for improvement next week at the Wuss. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Seeing as we scored 24 in the first half…I was looking for a total of 48. Extremely disappointed!:lol::lol::lol:

With them down so bad I suspected we weren't going to go full tilt,still 2 FG's would have been nice. So we got the W,but I'm not ready to slobber over Hurts yet. So it would be interesting to me to find out what we changed in the 1/2 time locker room. The picks were nice to see and we missed on a few more LOL. We had them on the run

4 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Like any game, win or lose, there are areas to work on.......and that includes the coaching and play calling.

But this game was a dominating performance.....and another conference win.  

Coaching looked really good to me. IDK why we went flat on offense after 30 minutes. We need to play 60 not 30

This was a game I thought would be really close,but we took Cook and JJ away. Great game plan by Gannon

35 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Joe thinks it's funny we couldn't score in 30 minutes LOL

They won by 17.  I was more focused on Cousins getting the garbage TD to win my fantasy league.  Eagles didn't need to score.  We had this discussion all offseason,  there will be games where they score enough in the 1st half and just need to occupy the ball.  This was one of them

Probably the best coaching job Siri and Gannon ever had. I think Minnesota was fully expecting RPO all night and they had no answer to what they saw. I think Minnesota was expecting to face the same defense Eagles played last week and did not seem capable to adjust. Gannon pressed the WR’s and it was absolutely wonderful to see. Hurts played his best game to date which was nice to see. Yes, it was only one game and I need to see more, but for one night I give him Kudos.

Giving Slay team captain seemed to fire him up. They pulled all the right strings. The only negative was that they took the pedal off the gas in the 2nd half and it worried me. When we got that FG block I was thinking we were in trouble now. But Gannon dialed up some blitzes and Slay made the play of the game. That was probably the turning point and sealed the Eagles victory.

The O-Line played the best game ever. Hurts had all night to pass the ball. He looked comfortable back there and made the most of it. Let’s hope this carries over to next week.

Very happy fan right here….

It was almost like the Coaches purposely played the RPO against Detroit to set them up for last night. I know I am giving Siri much credit here, but you have to admit, it completely took them by surprise.

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Shout out to the D! This was even better than I was expecting to see. 

Hurts took a stride in improvement. I am proud of him! Def can see he's been practicing hard. He also does a great job protecting himself. IDK what happened to the O in the 2nd half. Did Steichen take his foot off the gas? Drive killing penalties that called back nice gains and conversions? I'm thinking a combination. 

OL deserves a lot of credit too. They gave QB ample time to spread the ball around. Just need to cut out the false starts and illegal down field. Unfortunately that's the poison that comes with the running QB game. Hard for all 11 guys to stay in sync every play.  

Those illegal Downfield calls were bogus. The Refs had these in mind before the game even started and called them against both teams.... Normally they let those go for less than 5 yards.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Coaching looked really good to me. IDK why we went flat on offense after 30 minutes. We need to play 60 not 30

How much did Minnesota score in the 2nd half?

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

They won by 17.  I was more focused on Cousins getting the garbage TD to win my fantasy league.  Eagles didn't need to score.  We had this discussion all offseason,  there will be games where they score enough in the 1st half and just need to occupy the ball.  This was one of them

Hindsight is 20-20. Saying they did not need to score? Completely different game if they run that blocked FG for a TD. Could have been a whole different ball game. No, they needed to put up more points and this could be a problem if they continue to sit on leads at halftime.

Ham can puff his chest out for one week. I need to see more as this was one game, but I liked what I saw. No RPO was pleasant to watch. Allowing Hurts the time to pick apart the defense they normally play every week had to help.

18 minutes ago, stine said:

It was almost like the Coaches purposely played the RPO against Detroit to set them up for last night. I know I am giving Siri much credit here, but you have to admit, it completely took them by surprise.

Minnesota's defensive game plan was baffling.  You play soft coverage vs a QB who throws short.   You rush 4 vs a QB who excels at escaping the pocket?

None of that made sense.   Had nothing to do with RPO... in fact if they were expecting RPO, it was exactly the wrong defense to play. 

Not taking anything away from our offensive game plan, but it's a lot easier when the opponent plays right into your hands.

5 minutes ago, stine said:

Hindsight is 20-20. Saying they did not need to score? Completely different game if they run that blocked FG for a TD. Could have been a whole different ball game. No, they needed to put up more points and this could be a problem if they continue to sit on leads at halftime.

Ham can puff his chest out for one week. I need to see more as this was one game, but I liked what I saw. No RPO was pleasant to watch. Allowing Hurts the time to pick apart the defense they normally play every week had to help.

Right..during a game you have the hindsight.  They knew they didn't need to score as Minnesota never got closer.   I'm fine with them sitting on 17 point leads.   If a team gets closer then yeah, they can score more.   Last night we all knew they didn't need to.   

I'm expecting this to occur often this year with the schedule we have. 

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Minnesota's defensive game plan was baffling.  You play soft coverage vs a QB who throws short.   You rush 4 vs a QB who excels at escaping the pocket?

None of that made sense.   Had nothing to do with RPO... in fact if they were expecting RPO, it was exactly the wrong defense to play. 

Not taking anything away from our offensive game plan, but it's a lot easier when the opponent plays right into your hands.

Disagree. It had Everything to do with the RPO! You said it yourself. Minnesota was EXPECTING it. That they did not make any adjustments was what surprised everyone. Siri had to expect them to play that defense. That was why they should get Kudos for planning their offense as they did.

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right..during a game you have the hindsight.  They knew they didn't need to score as Minnesota never got closer.   I'm fine with them sitting on 17 point leads.   If a team gets closer then yeah, they can score more.   Last night we all knew they didn't need to.   

Maybe you didn't watch all of the games on Sunday? Where multiple teams had 3 score leads and lost? Really? Sorry bud. Not going to accept this. Even Hurts said it after the game. That they did not score in the 2nd half needed to be corrected.

39 minutes ago, stine said:

Disagree. It had Everything to do with the RPO! You said it yourself. Minnesota was EXPECTING it. That they did not make any adjustments was what surprised everyone. Siri had to expect them to play that defense. That was why they should get Kudos for planning their offense as they did.

I never said Minnesota was expecting RPO.    If they were expecting the QB to put the ball in the belly of the RB... and have the option to keep it to either run or throw a quick pass... playing off coverage without any extra guys in the box is absolutely stupid. 

45 minutes ago, stine said:

Maybe you didn't watch all of the games on Sunday? Where multiple teams had 3 score leads and lost? Really? Sorry bud. Not going to accept this. Even Hurts said it after the game. That they did not score in the 2nd half needed to be corrected.

Right... those teams with 3 TD leads had the opponent score to get closer.  Minnesota never did.  The lead never got smaller than 17. Was a 3 score lead the entire time.  Hindsight during the game.  Sorry bud, that's the difference between those other games and last night.  I'd be concerned if Minnesota actually scored in the second half.. they didn't.   A good team can keep a 3 score lead. I have zero issues with the team keeping that distance.  If you win the 1st half by 17, breaking even the 2nd half while wasting time is fine for me.

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right... those teams with 3 TD leads had the opponent score to get closer.  Minnesota never did.  The lead never got smaller than 17. Was a 3 score lead the entire time.  Hindsight during the game.  Sorry bud, that's the difference between those other games and last night.  I'd be concerned if Minnesota actually scored in the second half.. they didn't.   A good teamOK, but you said that You were fine with them sitting on a 17 point lead. If Minnesota scores then they can score after. That is easier said than done. We all know about momentum. To think any team can just switch the dial is unrealistic. can keep a 3 score lead. I have zero issues with the team keeping that distance.  If you win the 1st half by 17, breaking even the 2nd half while wasting time is fine for me.

You think the Eagles could just switch the dial and score if Minnesota scores? Did you see other teams do that on Sunday? Teams with a 3 score lead? They just switched the dial and scored after the other teams scored..... Again, I think you are much smarter than that Joe. Momentum can change in a second. Never take the foot off in a game. Yes, looking back, Minnesota did not take advantage of that blocked FG or that INT. But when I was watching the game, I thought, crap!  Blocked FG turns into a Minnesota TD and that is a 10 point swing. It would have been huge. Sure you can say you knew if Minnesota scored there that we would just march up the field and scored. Even though we never did it before. But you KNEW it would have happened. You are a seer!!!

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right did you see all the comeback games??? if they want to take their foot off the gas with a lead that's fine,but this early we should be trying out best to function as an offense for 60 minutes not 30. IDC if you quit leading by 17 with 2 mins in the 4th,but lets not make a habit of quitting at 1/2 time

If Hurts can string some games like this together this team will be hard to beat.

He doesn't have to be 83% like he was last night, 60% will do just fine.

Just take care of the ball

Btw i don't put the int on Hurts or even Gainwell. That was a high risk play call

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

How much did Minnesota score in the 2nd half?

Hindsight eh??? How did you know at 1/2 time they weren't going to score? Did you borrow Hams crystal ball?

1 hour ago, stine said:

First 30 was flawless football. very well done.

1 hour ago, stine said:

Those illegal Downfield calls were bogus. The Refs had these in mind before the game even started and called them against both teams.... Normally they let those go for less than 5 yards.

LOL really,even the announcers were like WTH???

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

First 30 was flawless football. very well done.

LOL really,even the announcers were like WTH???

I'm trying to figure out how they called a false start on Johnson before the line was even set.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Very bad habit to get into, especially if you get to post season. The other teams will play 60 not the 30 we did. We should not be sp high and mighty that we rest on opur laurels,because we don't have alot of laurels to rest on yet. LOVED the first 1/2,we tore them apart,but sadly could not move the ball after we gassed their drefense and say whatever you want(because you will) but that is concerning this early when you are trying to establish a consistently good team

Archived