Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

10 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

If Hurts can string some games like this together this team will be hard to beat.

He doesn't have to be 83% like he was last night, 60% will do just fine.

Just take care of the ball

Btw i don't put the int on Hurts or even Gainwell. That was a high risk play call

I'm not expecting perfection(it's a goal though LOL). Thoroughly impressed with Hurts in the first 30. At the 1/2 we came our flat(again) and could not move the ball. Thankfully the D covered that for us. D was very impressive for ALL 60 minutes. JJ got like 48 yards and we shut Cook down(lost my fantasy game because of it but thats a trade off I'll take every time)

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm not expecting perfection(it's a goal though LOL). Thoroughly impressed with Hurts in the first 30. At the 1/2 we cam our flat(again) and could not move the ball. Thanks fully the D covered that for us. D was very impressive for ALL 60 minutes. JJ got like 48 yards and we shut Cook down(lost my fantasy game because of it but thats a trade off I'll take every time)

If you look at the state the D was MORE than impressive

3 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Holy crap the Bills look good

Very tough team!!!!

Just now, Asg 15 said:

If you look at the state the D was MORE than impressive

That D was DOMINTATING a real pleasure to watch

7 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I'm trying to figure out how they called a false start on Johnson before the line was even set.

Reffing was sad all night. both teams got hit with BS calls

Facing Wentz next which should be "interesting" 2-0 baby!!!!

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Facing Wentz next which should be "interesting" 2-0 baby!!!!

We can call this the "Ham Bowl"

12 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I wasn't expecting the blanket shut out defensive performance,very impressed. I was really seeing Hurts improvements in the first 1/2, especially enjoyed the 53 yarder he threw,that was 1 thing I was looking for. Need to do that more every game. There was the deep miss and he actually overthrew it,that was "nice" to see rather than an underthrow,so I could see Hurts passing improvement. he also made a nice throw running left,which was an issue we all saw,but he got that one off ok. Hurts has terrific lower body strength,he is a bull when he runs. It's just he gets hit alot,so that bothers me some,but that is his style,so I suppose I just have to live with that. D saved our bacon the 2nd half,really a nice job all 60. IMO we should have been able to tack on another TD or 2 FG's in the 2nd,so that was the only sticking point for me. D did a tremendous job taking away JJ and Cook. We didn't have much answer for Irv Smith,but shutting down Cook and JJ was well worth that trade off. Slay was a 1 man mob all night long. Other D guys had good games too,just that Slay overshadowed them. Nice win here,I had this one down as "maybe a close loss" so I won't complain about that at all

26 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

IDK if their new "stud" RB will be ready after the gunshot wound thing.He might be,but after seeing our run D last night I can't say I am worried.Wentz putting up some nice passing numbers because of the shaky running game. Our D was shockingly amazing!!!. We never gave Schwartz the tools we gave Gannon. Still it's nice to see him put it together fairly quickly. They were playing with their jocks on fire all night. I think Gannon was a bit embarrassed in Detroit,but he sure had it dialed in last night

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK if their new "stud" RB will be ready after the gunshot wound thing.He might be,but after seeing our run D last night I can't say I am worried.Wentz putting up some nice passing numbers because of the shaky running game. Our D was shockingly amazing!!!. We never gave Schwartz the tools we gave Gannon. Still it's nice to see him put it together fairly quickly. They were playing with their jocks on fire all night. I think Gannon was a bit embarrassed in Detroit,but he sure had it dialed in last night

I believe Wentz is second in NFL in passing yards and tied for #1 inTDs

3 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I believe Wentz is second in NFL in passing yards and tied for #1 inTDs

I'm trying to get him off waivers in fantasy in one league because I took Brady and he is sucking rocks so far LOL. Brady has no WR's, all hurt so I will bench him for later,but Wentz is on the wire. I'm hoping he sucks next week though LOL

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hindsight eh??? How did you know at 1/2 time they weren't going to score? Did you borrow Hams crystal ball?

Again... during the game they kept the 17 point lead. You don't have to know anything at halftime, you know as you are in the moment.  17 point lead in 2nd half, I want to see some ball control with the clock moving.   

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Very bad habit to get into, especially if you get to post season. The other teams will play 60 not the 30 we did. We should not be sp high and mighty that we rest on opur laurels,because we don't have alot of laurels to rest on yet. LOVED the first 1/2,we tore them apart,but sadly could not move the ball after we gassed their drefense and say whatever you want(because you will) but that is concerning this early when you are trying to establish a consistently good team

I think it's a great habit to get a 17 point lead.... and preventing the team from ever coming closer the rest of the game. 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again... during the game they kept the 17 point lead. You don't have to know anything at halftime, you know as you are in the moment.  17 point lead in 2nd half, I want to see some ball control with the clock moving.   

You do not know your team can simply turn it on at any point if the other scores Joe. I have not seen this team do it before, so how can I expect it to do so now? Again, If Minnesota scores after that Blocked FG, we could be in trouble. They did not, so we will not know, but to think it is just a matter for us to go and score, you are better predicting the future than we all are...

24 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

We dodged some bullets and you need to admit that. Luckily we had some picks and tough D in the RZ

23 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think it's a great habit to get a 17 point lead.... and preventing the team from ever coming closer the rest of the game. 

Oh so you want to go back to the chipper "play 30"????  Recipe for disaster if that's what you are going to preach. I think Howie worked hard enough he deserves to see his team play 60,but what do I know?

19 minutes ago, stine said:

You do not know your team can simply turn it on at any point if the other scores Joe. I have not seen this team do it before, so how can I expect it to do so now? Again, If Minnesota scores after that Blocked FG, we could be in trouble. They did not, so we will not know, but to think it is just a matter for us to go and score, you are better predicting the future than we all are...

If we didn't score in the 2nd 1/2 because we didn't WANT to, because we had a lead ,then we need a new coach. I'm fine "coasting" in the 4th with 4 minutes left and a 17 point lead,otherwise I keep my foot on their necks

28 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So 24-7 and you have never ever seen a team turn things around at the 1/2 and come back??? OK then(BTW it happened alot THIS week in other games,but apparently we are immune)

23 minutes ago, stine said:

I'm not predicting anything.  I'm saying with a 3 score lead the object on offense should be to occupy the ball and play field position to lesson the opponent's chances of scoring.   There isn't the need to necessarily score more.    

Good teams play in the moment and do what they have to do.   When they needed to score 38 to beat Detroit... didn't they score when needed?  the game was different, Detroit came back, waiting time and playing field position wasn't going to work. 

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So 24-7 and you have never ever seen a team turn things around at the 1/2 and come back??? OK then(BTW it happened alot THIS week in other games,but apparently we are immune)

Yes... but Minnesota never came within 3 scores..  I'm continuing to run the clock and play field position to lesson the chance of that happening.   Vs Detroit where they were scoring,  that is when you have to keep scoring...and just finish the game with only one run out the clock drive.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Yes... but Minnesota never came within 3 scores..  I'm continuing to run the clock and play field position to lesson the chance of that happening.   Vs Detroit where they were scoring,  that is when you have to keep scoring...and just finish the game with only one run out the clock drive.

The only play i didn't like was the screen that got intercepted.

It shouldn't have been called in that situation.

1 minute ago, Asg 15 said:

The only play i didn't like was the screen that got intercepted.

It shouldn't have been called in that situation.

Yes... agreed. Never should have been thrown .  That's where you want a QB to make a decision that follows having a 17 point lead vs a struggling offense.  That and a blocked kick were the only 2 times Minnesota did anything in the 2nd half.  

47 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm a big fan of running the ball with a lead and killing the clock as long as there is at least a FG at the other end and it bothers me would couldn't do that,so you have your opinion and I have mine,but if you try coasting at the 1/'2 in post season you're going to get burned

49 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm not predicting anything.  I'm saying with a 3 score lead the object on offense should be to occupy the ball and play field position to lesson the opponent's chances of scoring.   There isn't the need to necessarily score more.    

Good teams play in the moment and do what they have to do.   When they needed to score 38 to beat Detroit... didn't they score when needed?  the game was different, Detroit came back, waiting time and playing field position wasn't going to work. 

We had a big lead in that game,why didn't we coast in Detroit?????

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm a big fan of running the ball with a lead and killing the clock as long as there is at least a FG at the other end and it bothers me would couldn't do that,so you have your opinion and I have mine,but if you try coasting at the 1/'2 in post season you're going to get burned

I'm a big fan of a 17 point lead.  3 scores.  It means the other team needs 3 possessions.   Also not a fan of blaming the offense for the blocked FG. At that point, the long drive with a FG was perfect.  As the game was getting closer to the end...a 17 or 20 point lead really didn't matter as the math still forces Minnesota to have 3 possessions. 

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We had a big lead in that game,why didn't we coast in Detroit?????

Because with hindsight... you know being in the moment....Detroit scored and we didn't have a 17 point lead the whole time. I'm not seeing why this is a difficult concept to grasp?

Archived