Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, stine said:

Good Solid Play-off teams put away their competition. 

I agree... with a 17 point lead a good team controls the ball to eliminate the possessions for the opponent.  A good team will keep the 3 score lead.  I agree. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stine said:

Question for all of you: Baltimore cannot sign Jackson and he does not sign the Franchise Tag. Jackson has already stated that the Eagles are one team he would like to go to. Do you sign him for 50 Mil per on a 5 year guaranteed contract?

Then you can trade Hurts for a First round pick in 2023. trade away one of those first round picks for a 2nd and a 1st in 2024. That will give them two first and second round picks for 2023 and 2024. You will have your Elite QB so no need to waste your picks on a QB. You will have plenty of Ammo to build your roster and not need to sign FA's, so you save on your cap.

What do you think?

Nope... nope...and nope.   

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree... with a 17 point lead a good team controls the ball to eliminate the possessions for the opponent.  A good team will keep the 3 score lead.  I agree. 

A Team with SB aspirations will put teams away. I guess you do not feel the Eagles are there yet? They should not be included with GB, TB, KC and Buffalo?

21 minutes ago, stine said:

Joe, do not get me wrong. I am really pleased with the way the Eagles played on Monday! I just feel the only thing they did wrong was sit on that lead. Was that terrible? No, but it was something that could come back and bite them in the butt down the road should they not fix it. There was little to nothing to complain about their play. The coaches did a great job for the first time since the beginning of last season. The timing of the blitzes was great.

I predicted 11 wins and I think the floor is now 9. No way they lose more than 8 games. Actually 8 may be difficult to do. That would mean losing 3 division games and 2 to the AFC south.

12 is now a possibility. They probably lose to either Tenn or Indy, GB, 2 division games and 1 more to either Pitts or NO. That would be 12.... I would be happy should they be able to manage that....

I disagree with your concept.  They initially drove the ball 69 yards on 13 plays ..... that isn't sitting on a lead.  If the kick was good instead of blocked your narrative probably changes.   You skip the fact that this long possession was the only one where the game was in doubt. The rest of the possessions were 4th Q.   Thr last 2 basically irrelevant because of the time they took off with their first 2 possessions. 

After years of watching Andy Reid pass the ball 2 out of 3 times with leads and taking off a whole 40 seconds.... it was refreshing to me to see us finally limit the opponent's opportunity to come back. Very smart game management..stuff New England did for years with Brady. Occupy the ball with a lead. 

Just now, stine said:

A Team with SB aspirations will put teams away. I guess you do not feel the Eagles are there yet? They should not be included with GB, TB, KC and Buffalo?

I agree ... a 3 score lead towards the end of the game...that's putting teams away.  At no point was thr game in doubt.  

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree ... a 3 score lead towards the end of the game...that's putting teams away.  At no point was thr game in doubt.  

No, a 3 score lead in the 3rd quarter IS NOT putting anyone away. Did you not watch any football last weekend? Cardinals down by 20 at half, Dolphins down by 21 after 3. Week 1 Colts down by 17 after 3. All came back to tie or win. That is why good teams keep the pedal down. To prevent these types of comebacks is what teams like KC, Buffalo, GB and TB do. At least they try to. Simply running the ball to wear down the clock without worrying if you score or not is not good enough. Yes, it was Monday. But it won't be all season and the Eagles are not good enough to just turn it on at any point during the game.

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I am sure Baltimore thought the same thing last week. Up by 21 after the third. Game was no doubt theirs!  LOL

46 minutes ago, stine said:

No, a 3 score lead in the 3rd quarter IS NOT putting anyone away. Did you not watch any football last weekend? Cardinals down by 20 at half, Dolphins down by 21 after 3. Week 1 Colts down by 17 after 3. All came back to tie or win. That is why good teams keep the pedal down. To prevent these types of comebacks is what teams like KC, Buffalo, GB and TB do. At least they try to. Simply running the ball to wear down the clock without worrying if you score or not is not good enough. Yes, it was Monday. But it won't be all season and the Eagles are not good enough to just turn it on at any point during the game.

Stine... again... they had one possession in the 3rd Q... 6:30... 13 plays 69 yards.   A missed FG was not on the offense.   Yes thar drive shortened the game, it's basically 1/4 of a half that should have come away with points.  

I mean, you are complaining about a 13 play 69 yard drive?   Really?  That's pretty arrogant for this particular team. It's a decent team, nothing all time.  

18 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Stine... again... they had one possession in the 3rd Q... 6:30... 13 plays 69 yards.   A missed FG was not on the offense.   Yes thar drive shortened the game, it's basically 1/4 of a half that should have come away with points.  

I mean, you are complaining about a 13 play 69 yard drive?   Really?  That's pretty arrogant for this particular team. It's a decent team, nothing all time.  

Again, you are looking at what happened. I am talking about what could have happened! It is easy to look at the results and say- It did not matter as we had the game in hand. I am saying it "Could" have been a different result had Minnesota scored 2 quick TD's. It Could have happened. Yes we all know it did not. We all know Slay had 2 INTs. It is easy to say what you are after the fact. Point is, that will not always be the case. Ask Baltimore that. If you were watching Baltimore crushing Miami, you could have easily thought that game was won after the third. Miami had 200 total yards of offense in the 4th quarter alone. We were facing Jefferson and Thielen, who normally can score quick TD's. Just as Hill and Waddle did on Sunday.

IT did not happen. OK, I get it. But you did not know that for sure at halftime! No One did.  Anyway, I am done with this. Let's move on. When the Eagles blow a second half lead this season, I will point it out to you. Maybe them you can see it......

2 hours ago, stine said:

I'm with you. Joe thinks the fact we COULDN'T Score means we didn't NEED to(which turned out to be true in HINDSIGHT). That won't hold water if we hit post season. 17 point lead with 4 minutes to go,fine coast all you want,but you don't coast at 1/2 time. many teams reverse things at the 1/2. It was surprising we could hold them like we did,but once again everything is clear in HINDSIGHT. Done with this topic

My game plan for the Wuss- Cover Mc Laurin and their TE Logan,then blitz him(Wentz) into oblivion. Do this ASAP because once Wentz gets behind,the panic sets in and he throws picks. Same plan as last game(better team) but blitz Wentz more this week

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm with you. Joe thinks the fact we COULDN'T Score means we didn't NEED to(which turned out to be true in HINDSIGHT). That won't hold water if we hit post season. 17 point lead with 4 minutes to go,fine coast all you want,but you don't coast at 1/2 time. many teams reverse things at the 1/2. It was surprising we could hold them like we did,but once again everything is clear in HINDSIGHT. Done with this topic

Hurts was hot. You need to build on that.

Wanna eat the clock? Run the play clock to 1

Having said that you need to be smart with your play calling. That middle screen call with a short RB was just dumb.

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

My game plan for the Wuss- Cover Mc Laurin and their TE Logan,then blitz him(Wentz) into oblivion. Do this ASAP because once Wentz gets behind,the panic sets in and he throws picks. Same plan as last game(better team) but blitz Wentz more this week

Seeing how effective the blitzes were, I agree wholeheartedly. 

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wentz is liable to go off for 400 yards but he's also gonna make some dumb throws.

You have to take advantage of that.

11 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Having said that you need to be smart with your play calling. That middle screen call with a short RB was just dumb.

Whole first 1/2 was nearly flawless football. And I understand we had the lead,however it should be a LITTLE concerning that we could not score in 30 minutes in the second 1/2 especially when there were no real defensive changes made. Hurts improved,he showed me a few things I was looking to see from him. Although he will never be a true "gunner" he did toss a 53 yarder which is probably near his max,but for me his accuracy really picked up. Also helped that the WR's caught most of the passes and why I will never miss Reagor. he spread the ball around and got everyone involved,that was a big "need to see" for me. I hope that continues

17 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Well since we had the lead you can try out new/different plays. Not all of them will work,but it was a look we don't see much,so if we can figure out why it didn't sprk,maybe as have a play we can use later. I'm still loving this WR room,said this from the start. Pascal has good hands a nice guy for the RZ or 3rd and short

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Lol with you guys.   They had one drive in the 3rd Q for 69 yards.    The blocked kick was the best play for Minnesota's offense. 

You telling me that the one drive that mattered on the 2nd half, that going 69 yards and putting the team in position to go up 20 with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd Q is your issue?

At least ASG figures it out that the INT at a point where the game was completely iced was the only thing we should have issue with.   

I mean atleast complain about the blocking on the FG attempt.   No, your issue is that in the 4th Q we should have scored just for show...lol. 

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lol with you guys.   They had one drive in the 3rd Q for 69 yards.    The blocked kick was the best play for Minnesota's offense. 

You telling me that the one drive that mattered on the 2nd half, that going 69 yards and putting the team in position to go up 20 with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd Q is your issue?

At least ASG figures it out that the INT at a point where the game was completely iced was the only thing we should have issue with.   

I mean atleast complain about the blocking on the FG attempt.   No, your issue is that in the 4th Q we should have scored just for show...lol. 

If you say so Ham... I mean Joe. You keep looking at what Happened. You keep saying it did not matter. Well, you are right!  This time it did not matter. YES, AFTER the game was played, it is EASY to say this! My God! Are you not reading what we are writing? We keep saying that we feel they should have kept the foot on the pedal, NOT Knowing what happened! Sure, KNOWING Minn. did not score, of course it didn't matter. I am done with this Ham..... I mean Joe

7 minutes ago, stine said:

If you say so Ham... I mean Joe. You keep looking at what Happened. You keep saying it did not matter. Well, you are right!  This time it did not matter. YES, AFTER the game was played, it is EASY to say this! My God! Are you not reading what we are writing? We keep saying that we feel they should have kept the foot on the pedal, NOT Knowing what happened! Sure, KNOWING Minn. did not score, of course it didn't matter. I am done with this Ham..... I mean Joe

Speaking of Ham

I hope he's ok. Has he posted since the game. 

With the Hurts performance i expected him to be on non stop

5 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Speaking of Ham

I hope he's ok. Has he posted since the game. 

With the Hurts performance i expected him to be on non stop

I hope so! He is probably shell shocked! :)

24 minutes ago, stine said:

If you say so Ham... I mean Joe. You keep looking at what Happened. 

Lol..  yeah it kinda matters more what happened than any fantasy world.   

I apologize that they didn't score on the meaningless last 2 drives for you to feel better.   

Maybe my way of occupying the ball instead of throwing the INT prevents the Slay injury?  Idk...call me crazy for looking to shorten the game halfway through the 4th Q when you have a 3 score lead?    

Because what if we were down by 7.  Then we can't play that way.  What if...I mean what if.   Really what if.  We need to coach on what if...not in the moment of what actually is going on.  I mean what if it was college, we could have fallen in the rankings.  You gotta win by 50 points.  

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lol..  yeah it kinda matters more what happened than any fantasy world.   

I apologize that they didn't score on the meaningless last 2 drives for you to feel better.   

Maybe my way of occupying the ball instead of throwing the INT prevents the Slay injury?  Idk...call me crazy for looking to shorten the game halfway through the 4th Q when you have a 3 score lead?    

Because what if we were down by 7.  Then we can't play that way.  What if...I mean what if.   Really what if.  We need to coach on what if...not in the moment of what actually is going on.  I mean what if it was college, we could have fallen in the rankings.  You gotta win by 50 points.  

I give up. You just are not reading what I am writing. I had thought your comprehension was good. Apparently I was way off base. Joe-whatever you say. You obviously will know what will happen when the Eagles have their next 17 point lead. So I can see the Eagles can sit on every one, Because the chances of anyone coming back is 0, Nil, nada, zilch....

2 minutes ago, stine said:

I give up. You just are not reading what I am writing. I had thought your comprehension was good. Apparently I was way off base. Joe-whatever you say. You obviously will know what will happen when the Eagles have their next 17 point lead. So I can see the Eagles can sit on every one, Because the chances of anyone coming back is 0, Nil, nada, zilch....

Don't need to know " what will happen ".  I want my coach to make decisions on what is happening.  Not on what ifs. 

I'm also not going to be unhappy with the only drive in the 3rd Q ending with the blocked kick.  Atleast I will put the blame and my concern on the blocking on that play...not the offense.

Joe, Next week we play Washington. We are up 17-0 at halftime. Are you fine with the Eagles just running the ball to take time off the clock without worrying about scoring? We do nothing with the ball and the 4th Quarter starts 17-0. We run the ball 3 straight times, punt and Washington returns the ball for a TD. We are now up by 10. We attempt to turn up the Tempo, but we miss a couple passes and punt the ball again. Now Washington scores a quick 7. We are now only up by 3. We have no momentum and our passing game is now out of sync. We run 3 plays and have to punt again! Washington scores the Go ahead TD. What if we had kept the pedal on in the third quarter. Press them and try to score another TD? Our offense is still clicking and Washington has not yet done anything.  Maybe that TD makes the whole difference in the game. But you are fine. There is no urgency. We are up by 17 at half time! This is why Buffalo kept scoring when they were up by 17 midway thru the third quarter. They did not want Their opposition to get any type of groove. Now they are up by 34 in the 4th. They can sit Allen and move on to next week.....

Archived