Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What was boneheaded? He dumped it right off into Gainwell’s hands. Should have been an easy completion.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Throwing shorty passes to RB's is usually pretty safe, not like you are tossing a ball 45 yards into double coverage

I'm talking about the one that was thrown into the shitshow mix of jerseys just beyond the LOS.  IDC if it was the play call or not. Too much traffic for the ball to have been thrown in that instance. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, stine said:

I see 4 linemen rushing the QB that were all off to the side of the play and another with his back to Hurts between him and Gainwell.  Gainwell jumps and mishandles the ball, tipping it right into Hick's hands...

So #94 wasn't right in the path of the ball?  Gainwell just is that bad of an athlete?  

Just now, joemas6 said:

So #94 wasn't right in the path of the ball?  Gainwell just is that bad of an athlete?  

he should have caught that ball easily. no excuses. Call him  a bad athlete or just a bad receiver. Whichever you prefer...

9 minutes ago, stine said:

I AM not sure what everyone is seeing, but the pass rush was on hurts left and he had a clear line of sight to make that pass. he put a soft touch over the D-Lineman with his back to the ball. Any decent RB should catch that pass. Whether or not he gets anymore yardage is unclear, but it is all on the RB. Now, hurts could have run the ball if he chose to, but why put his body in jeopardy at this point of that game? Everyone keeps telling me the Eagles had the game well in hand.....

So the DL rush the QB backwards?  The 6'3 DL was moving right into the path of the ball and engaging with our OL ...the ball was put over his head...to our 5'9 RB..  a split second later,the ball wouldn't have had to be dumped over anyone, Gainwell would have been inside and seen the ball the whole time.   Idk why else he would flinch? It wasn't the usual drop,you can see his delay in making the move to catch the ball..he obviously didn't see or was expecting the DL to make a play.  It surely wasn't throw with zip.

3 minutes ago, stine said:

he should have caught that ball easily. no excuses. Call him  a bad athlete or just a bad receiver. Whichever you prefer...

Either way then it wasn't your original narrative of being to conservative with the play calling...in the imaginary scenario that the game was closer right? 

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So the DL rush the QB backwards?  The 6'3 DL was moving right into the path of the ball and engaging with our OL ...the ball was put over his head...to our 5'9 RB..  a split second later,the ball wouldn't have had to be dumped over anyone, Gainwell would have been inside and seen the ball the whole time.   Idk why else he would flinch? It wasn't the usual drop,you can see his delay in making the move to catch the ball..he obviously didn't see or was expecting the DL to make a play.  It surely wasn't throw with zip.

No, All of the D-Line rushing the passer were to his Left. None were in the path of the pass. The only player in the path was the one with his back turned and hurts tossed the ball over his head right into gainwell's hands. Flinch? Are you even watching the same play?

This is kind of a big game in my mind still think Washington is our biggest competitor in the East taking an early L to them would be bad. 

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Either way then it wasn't your original narrative of being to conservative with the play calling...in the imaginary scenario that the game was closer right? 

Joe, you were the one who thought it was a stupid call..... Gainwell was the one who screwed up the play. Fairly obvious to anyone who watched the tape.

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This is kind of a big game in my mind still think Washington is our biggest competitor in the East taking an early L to them would be bad. 

I don't know BG. Giants are 2-0. If they beat Dallas you think they are not to be worried about?

2 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Ham posted yesterday that Reddick is dealing with a knee problem so it makes no sense to drop him in coverage.

As someone with 2 Titanium knees i can say it's easier to move forward than to the side.

Alright, ASG isn’t dressing for this one. 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Never his fault with you...lol

It hit Gainwell in both hands. That’s always the receivers fault…even in pee wee.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Alright, ASG isn’t dressing for this one. 

LOL. I'm so slow the tacklers would run right by me.

8 minutes ago, stine said:

No, All of the D-Line rushing the passer were to his Left. None were in the path of the pass. The only player in the path was the one with his back turned and hurts tossed the ball over his head right into gainwell's hands. Flinch? Are you even watching the same play?

Here is pic of the play.  The ball is over Lane at this point on the 18 yard line... Gainwell and #94 are both at the 21 yard line.  #94 is looking forward  towards Hurts and the ball.   #94 and Gainwell are almost touching at this point.  

This is pretty obvious isn't it?

20220922_132730.jpg

Going forward with the play #94 sticks his arm up right in front of Gainwell as the ball comes by.  

Yes Gainwell got 2 hands on the ball.. but let's not be ignorant to the fact #94 being right there didn't obviously bother the play. 

10 minutes ago, stine said:

I don't know BG. Giants are 2-0. If they beat Dallas you think they are not to be worried about?

Giants it’s still to early for me to fear them they are doing well and maybe they become our competition and prove me wrong… but Washington roster I thought was pretty solid even last season dealing with a ton of injuries, Covid and having no QB(again think what you want about Wentz he is an improvement over 40 year old Fitz and hienke) 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If we cancelled JJ last week,then we should(in theory) be able to handle McLaurin. I want Wentz on his rear early and often. if he takes off running that could be a mistake as he gets hurt alot doing that,but he is "Mr. Hero ball" so we need to use that huge ego to our advantage. I picked Wentz up as a fantasy BU because he has scored 35 points 2 weeks in a row and I hope that stops this week. If the D plays like last week we will get 3 picks off him 😁

Don’t see McLauren and Jefferson the same. McLauren is much more the speedster. That’s potentially not as good for Slay. Slay was hobbling towards the end as well. Think we just play a S over the top of him. Can LB White handle TE Logan? That is potentially a big matchup in this one also that is likely being overlooked by many.

Wentz has 650 yards passing.  McLaurin has 133 yards and Thomas has 82.   

12 out of the 57 completions were to those 2.   I think it's more than just covering those 2 guys.

Samuel has 15 catches himself, 3 more than those two combined. 

Going forward with the play #94 sticks his arm up right in front of Gainwell as the ball comes by.  

Yes Gainwell got 2 hands on the ball.. but let's not be ignorant to the fact #94 being right there didn't obviously bother the play. 

that view is skewed. hurts is over to the side and had a clear shot. 94 would have had to been real lucky to get a hand on that ball. if he does it is not intercepted so better result.

hurts lobbed the ball. no way a zipped ball works in this play.

Wentz has 650 yards passing.  McLaurin has 133 yards and Thomas has 82.   

12 out of the 57 completions were to those 2.   I think it's more than just covering those 2 guys.

Samuel has 15 catches himself, 3 more than those two combined. 

agreed, Samuel is the one slay has to cover IMO

our football pool is over $2000 now!  That is allot of cash. Hoping my picks are winners this week lol

20 minutes ago, stine said:

that view is skewed. hurts is over to the side and had a clear shot. 94 would have had to been real lucky to get a hand on that ball. if he does it is not intercepted so better result.

#94 actually jumps left and the ball goes past his right arm... Gainwell comes across #94 from outside to inside.  A better play by #94 would have easily resulted in at least a batted ball. Either way Gainwell had to cross past #94 to get to the ball. The pic isn't skewed, it's exactly the position of everyone.  This is a freeze from the moment Hurts releases the ball...where you can clearly see Gainwell a good step to the outside of 94... he makes contact with the ball slightly to the inside of 94 who overruns the ball.

20220922_134254.jpg

28 minutes ago, stine said:

I agree... iMO the ball should not have been thrown at all... Hicks was behind and outside leverage, the DT was inside and trailing close enough to make the tackle.   A QB can decide not to throw the ball as the play unfolds. That was a great time to eat it and take off another 40 seconds. 

Great story with Covey not being allowed in the players parking lot...lol

1 hour ago, stine said:

Yes, and we know that lobbed balls within 5 yds of the opposition are 50/50. Hurts should've kept the ball and tried to scramble or tuck and down. 

Other than that…he showed much improvement and I'm proud of his performance. Hoping for the same in DC on Sunday!

20 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Yes, and we know that lobbed balls within 5 yds of the opposition are 50/50. Hurts should've kept the ball and tried to scramble or tuck and down. 

Other than that…he showed much improvement and I'm proud of his performance. Hoping for the same in DC on Sunday!

Short QB, short RB wery tall O linemen

You're all right, the ball should never have been thrown

Especially since the Vikes were playing for the run which makes the area even more crowded.

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don’t see McLauren and Jefferson the same. McLauren is much more the speedster. That’s potentially not as good for Slay. Slay was hobbling towards the end as well. Think we just play a S over the top of him. Can LB White handle TE Logan? That is potentially a big matchup in this one also that is likely being overlooked by many.

Didn't say they were the same,but the threat is the same and they both need to be covered with more attention than your run of the mill WR

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Welp still my opinion 94 wasn't expecting the ball in his area, he was attacking Hurts(looking at him because he was the target for him) and I doubt seriously he knew the ball was coming his way at the time. Hurts just happened to throw it towards him. How would we feel if Gainwell caught the ball and completed the play? 94 would have had no effect. This miss was on Gains due to lack of attention to the "little things" like getting the ball before you make a football move. Anyway done with this

Archived