Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 minutes ago, stine said:

So who would trade for him? Does not make sense...?

He should be back in 3 weeks.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/lists/eagles-commanders-snap-count-takeaways-brandon-graham/

Jordan Davis played a season low 31.2% of the snaps, slightly behind his Week 1 total at 31.9%. He nearly picked up his first career sack but he couldn’t fully finish to bring Wentz to the ground with T.J. Edwards cleaning up the play instead.

38 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/lists/eagles-commanders-snap-count-takeaways-brandon-graham/

Jordan Davis played a season low 31.2% of the snaps, slightly behind his Week 1 total at 31.9%. He nearly picked up his first career sack but he couldn’t fully finish to bring Wentz to the ground with T.J. Edwards cleaning up the play instead.

I have no problem with bringing Davis along slowly

If it is working, just continue as they are.... Davis will get his share come mid season...

42 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I Imagine he will get a heavier work load against teams like Dallas and NY, who have a solid Running game...

The Philadelphia Eagles appear to be rolling after a 3-0 start. The offense has staked big leads in all three games before taking its foot off the gas in what the nay-sayers can cite as the only disturbing trend so far. Fortunately for them, the defense has mostly slammed the door shut.                              But as usual I know nothing at all, but somehow I am not alone

18 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jason Peters with the good block on the second level playing LG.

So he is milking them for tackle pay too HAHAHA good for him,he screwed 2 teams for better pay

17 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

As for Hurts himself, he has been nothing short of electrifying. He’s only turned the football over once this season, has 916 passing yards, 167 rushing yards, and has accounted for 7 total touchdowns. There is absolutely an argument to be made that he should be the early leader in the MVP race 

Vikes really only defense worth a damn,but Hurts DID carve them up,so once again I will wait until the Bye. Looking good so far. Would not shock me if we offer Hurts a contract on the bye week since if he continues his success he will only get more expensive later. I want to see 3 more games

13 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Who is their one RB.... didn't they draft the stud round 1 last year?   And Robinson is having a great start.

Robinson is eligible to return this week I believe. he has been out due to being shot,so no not a great start to his career lol. IDK that he does come  back this week,I imagine he will need some weeks of working with the team before they try him out. Dak also eligible to return next week

8 hours ago, stine said:

NO is 1-2. Here is who they have yet to play:

@ SF

@ Pitt

@ Cleve

Rams

Cincy

Arizona

Raiders

Balt.

TB

Eagles

I can see them easily losing 7 of those games. So where does 8-9 put them? Michael Thomas has 171 Yards Receiving to place him 36th. Not bad, but not great either...

Thomas hurt again but I am sure they want to get Olave going regardless. But they have hot/cold Winston,so you never know which one shows up on game day

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

I have no problem with bringing Davis along slowly

1/3 of snaps is pretty slow for your round 1 pick

8 hours ago, stine said:

NO is 1-2. Here is who they have yet to play:

@ SF

@ Pitt

@ Cleve

Rams

Cincy

Arizona

Raiders

Balt.

TB

Eagles

I can see them easily losing 7 of those games. So where does 8-9 put them? Michael Thomas has 171 Yards Receiving to place him 36th. Not bad, but not great either...

SF underwhelming,but now Jimmy is back and so is Kittle,so I think they will be a little tougher to beat now. Saints have a tough schedule,thats good!!!! I think they lose more than 7 of them(thats good too) 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Vikes really only defense worth a damn,but Hurts DID carve them up,so once again I will wait until the Bye. Looking good so far. Would not shock me if we offer Hurts a contract on the bye week since if he continues his success he will only get more expensive later. I want to see 3 more games

Think he becomes eligible for an extension after the season….so just calm down about throwing all the money you can at Hurts.

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Fletch has been looking good.

Fletch and Graham both

Old age and trechery will beat youth and talent any time.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Robinson is eligible to return this week I believe. he has been out due to being shot,so no not a great start to his career lol. IDK that he does come  back this week,I imagine he will need some weeks of working with the team before they try him out. Dak also eligible to return next week

Robinson the RB for Jax. He is playing well.  We were talking about the upcoming matchup with the Jags. They have Robinson and that guy they drafted round 1 last year.

The meme didn't come through.... was supposed to have the PFF grades that the Eagles were #1.... including pass blocking and receiving. 

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

The meme didn't come through.... was supposed to have the PFF grades that the Eagles were #1.... including pass blocking and receiving. 

Now if they could only do the same for TOP in the 2nd half. We are #1 in the first half and 19 in the second. Get that 19 up to around 10 and I am happy....

Know we're favored by 6.5 this game, but I think this is going to be our toughest test yet. Lawrence looks good, mobile and can make all the throws. Good WR's, RB's and they have LB's out the wazzoo. We're going to have to score consistently, quit wasting possessions!

The one line that stands out like a sore thumb- "The Offensive Line ranker resides in Bangladesh." OK so he is a Expert? LMAO!!! Yep we need to take these rankings as gospel!

4 hours ago, stine said:

Now if they could only do the same for TOP in the 2nd half. We are #1 in the first half and 19 in the second. Get that 19 up to around 10 and I am happy....

Keep winning and I'm good.

2 hours ago, stine said:

The one line that stands out like a sore thumb- "The Offensive Line ranker resides in Bangladesh." OK so he is a Expert? LMAO!!! Yep we need to take these rankings as gospel!

I agree... where do the guys from the other sites who ranked our OL the best reside?  How about the guys who ranked our WRs the best so far?

And again... at least for PFF...when I read the method of their rankings. 

They grade each play with one of 3 grades.   1, 0, or -1.   They take the total and that's how the player gets their grade.  

You can see the flaw as I pointed out years ago.   They don't account for communication between players. So if Mailata blocks a guy, Dickerson blocks a guy....but a 3rd defender goes right in between..  both get a plus 1, even though the one guy goes unblocked.   They do not account for missed assignments.   

They assume a lot of stuff.   That's PFF.  Not sure about other sites.   But does it matter where they live?  Nobody can be at 16 stadiums at once, they need to watch film of every play. 

Archived