Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Btw... non football related.   Good for Micah Parsons with his tweets about Greiner/ Russia situation.   Nice to see an athlete with perspective. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Dude..  you see that and you focus on Amazon.  The biggest take for me..  11 more years of Thursday night football???  Awful. 

Used to be a nice break during the week,but I'm not paying for it

Sure...just saying where the timing is odd.  It's a great time to keep losing if they want draft position. 

Welp they won't have Pitts,so they are really tossing this kid into the fire

Btw... non football related.   Good for Micah Parsons with his tweets about Greiner/ Russia situation.   Nice to see an athlete with perspective. 

Not on Twit,so IDK

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not on Twit,so IDK

Mean neither... from what I saw... he tweeted how he was disappointed that the marine was not included in the exchange that was made for Greiner. 

He got flack for it...  didn't back down, explained while he is happy for her, that he has family members in the military and how important they are to this country.  Basically stating he is not a fan of the former or current president.  

I like guys that stick up for things and aren't afraid to say that aren't brainwashed by either side.

24 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Mean neither... from what I saw... he tweeted how he was disappointed that the marine was not included in the exchange that was made for Greiner. 

He got flack for it...  didn't back down, explained while he is happy for her, that he has family members in the military and how important they are to this country.  Basically stating he is not a fan of the former or current president.  

I like guys that stick up for things and aren't afraid to say that aren't brainwashed by either side.

IDK he leaves a veteran behind and exchanges for someone who hates america,so my opinion differs,but to each his own. Thanks for filling me in

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK he leaves a veteran behind and exchanges for someone who hates america,so my opinion differs,but to each his own. Thanks for filling me in

I think your opinion is the same...did you read my full post?

24 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think your opinion is the same...did you read my full post?

Yes I read it. No my opinion is different lol

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes I read it. No my opinion is different lol

You don't feel the marine should have been included to come home?  You prefer just the basketball player get to come home?

11 hours ago, stine said:

Missing the point. They needed to be kept for this year. So, lets let them go and have a worse team this year? Oh I get it. Keep the team competitive for the Regular season so they can bow in the first round again! Great strategy! Dallas has no idea of how to rework contracts. Had they been able to do so this team would be a power house.

Eagles need help on the D-line. What do they do? Oh, how about we sign Suh and Joseph? Problem solved. Cowboys need help at WR. What did they do? Cowboys need help at CB. What did they do? Seeing anything that is a problem here?

Need help at WR? They drafted Ceedee Lamb really high. Resigned Gallop. Then took a third rounder in the draft this year.

Takes 2 to trade. Are all you Poly Sci and pro negotiators saying we're not trying to get him back? Ridiculous 

12 hours ago, stine said:

Giants have 2 legit running threats. Barkley and Jones. Stuff Barkley and keep a spy on Jones. Dean? This would effectively keep the Giants offense off the field and Hurts on it. Game should be easy if they can manage to do this. Giants are on the decline and I can see a easy victory.

Giants are our sworn enemy. Daboll is above average O mind. Going to be a dogfight tooth and nail. Always becomes an ugly grind out affair. I’m going way out on a limb with this weeks prediction. Calling for Covey with a big return. Probably not DJax level….but finally some ST contribution.

12 hours ago, stine said:

Easy to blame the coaching when the Front Office never replaces talent lost during the regular season. They never look to improve after September first. Sure it is always the coaches fault. I am not saying McCarthy is a great coach, but his hands are tied when it comes to the roster. That screw up is all Jerry Jones. Lack of vision and the smarts of how to implement contracts to keep the team rolling on all cylinders.

McCarthy was gifted a great roster. Added Parsons and Diggs even to that. I just can’t see the complaint being the cowboys don’t have talent. They’ve had contending level talent with Garrett and certainly the whole time with McCarthy. ARod was right to butt heads calling McCarthy a moron. Duh duh duh….I’m not complaining mind you. Absolutely love it!

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Foles needs to send his trophy back because Ham could not envision it. Therefore, anyone other than Hurts is not capable of leading one of the top offensive talented teams in the league. Got it

I’ll bet whatever on Shew never wins the Lombardi. He’s in a great situation here. He doesn’t have to be a real leader. Just the WWE backup QB that hangs in his hippie prison bus. I like him in that position. If we need to turn to him for a game or two in the regular season all hope isn’t lost. Just ideal for him. I’m not convinced he won’t come back next year. Our FO values the backup QB as much as anybody.

Point is good bad or otherwise all play calls look bad if they aren't executed.You can't understand that?. You harp on play calling,doesn't matter if you can do the play. So ONCE AGAIN,if Siri calls a bubble screen and it blows up,was it a bad play call or BAD execution??? Can't you have good play calls and bad execution? And really IDK how you cannot understand this as any 5 year old would. mind boggling. The 7 yard scamper at the GL from hurts was due to execution by the Oline. I'm sure we've called that play hundreds of times. if you cannot execute the play you DONT score the TD. IDK how much simpler I can make this??? Do I need to do a football 101 powerpoint presentation? Of course it matters,that was the reason for the TD,not Hurts. It was a standard play call that was executed. Very simple

Sure you can’t fumble the snap and expect to be successful. Execution has to be on point for any playcall. Can even overcome a mediocre play called. But the Hurts game winning TD was playcall. We executed, yes. But Steichen saw they were overplaying Kelce being the pulling lead blocker. Shutting us down all day. So he finally switched it up and had Hurts delay and not follow. Colts completely hit and overplayed the pulling Kelce. Easy score. Execution: yeah they couldn’t completely screw it up. But that is the definition of a great playcall.

Your bar for Hurts always was low,we never lowered ours

I was looking at him getting paid for being in MVP contention. Not sure how that’s a low bar when you are talking about drafting his replacement still while I’m envisioning this. But that’s your issue. You had no vision. Just was so easy to see a guy with the strongest work ethic and dedication to continue improving. Hurts is clearly a driven man! Your bar was Wentz. My bar in Hurts….much much higher….just clearly. Maybe a Wentz will come be third string behind Shew next season.

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I had a post that said "OK we have Dax" now list the rest in that draft and you NEVER did,just random posts all over the place. i asked for a LIST. I dont need background on your interpretations nor your "expertise" Just a damn LIST. So I ask again we have Dax and now LIST the other players and how you go about trading back with all these teams that would just JUMP at the chance to trade up and give up assets. When you 1/2 ass answer a question that doesn't answer the question so ONE MORE TIME- write me a list of the players and how you got the teams to trade with us because they didn't want the player you picked 1) DAX now finish the LIST and I don't want 57 paragraphs. I merely asked for a LIST you can't provide

Already done this several times. I don’t take orders! You must be speaking to somebody else. You couldn’t keep up with the conversation and just kept misinterpreting. So it’s just too difficult to get through to you on some things. Anyway….let’s root for the Saints to fail get a high pick at least. Was clearly feeling to make the trade it had to be for a top ten pick. According to No Mas that’s already a lock.

But thank you for clearly proving I answered the question and clearly had a player in mind that I posted more than once. How No Mas can complain and complain about him being a third S. You know his name. All this really seems counter to all the BS calling me out for not doing….what I clearly did….more than twice. So thanks for at least paying attention to that part.

If I draft a RB high expecting 0 TD's in ANY season, I have made the wrong pick. Why is he good THIS year? Here are some hints.1) Less ball hogging by Hurts 2) it's a contract year 3) The Oline is one of the best in the league if not THE best. Scott is solid, he can run through the same holes as Sanders. We feed Sanders to get a return on the investment. What are the snap counts for each RB? I will stick my neck out and say Sanders gets the majority of the touches Hurts doesn't steal from him. How did Blount do when we picked him up on the cheap. Ajayi? Why should we overpay? This O line is arguably better than those were. 

Sounds like your point is Sanders gets the majority of the RB snaps because he’s clearly the best option. Non mystery solved! 

Right, in 1 breath you say we need to sit them the rest of the year to avoid injury,then you say we need to play at a "high level" How do you do that with all your star players out? We pay these guys to perform at a high level, that's why they make more than 15.00 an hour. They sign a contract that they will play 17 games, not 12 or 14. The decision to hold players out is made by the coach not you(or me or anyone else) so why not leave that up to the people that get paid to make those calls? You work all year to get your team functioning how you want it,then you want to change those guys out,screw up Hurts chance at an MVP award,drop every top players stats we have on fear they"could" get hurt. They can get hurt on any play in any game.If you are scared of that,then pay them all $15.00 an hour,then it won't worry you if they get hurt. They make humongous amounts of money. They worked many years to get the chance to play in the NFL and you want to cut that off because of some unknown formula that is "one too many snaps" GL with that. This is why we have BU's and a PS?? Injury is part of the game. Nobody is going to cry you a river. Next man up. It' just ridiculous to consider pulling players in week 12 and trying to re-start the "gel process" in week 17

What’s hard to understand?  Nothing counter in my logic here. The goal is to have the players at top performance in the postseason. So all options are on the table to make that happen. Just don’t see how you can’t comprehend heavily monitoring usage in regular season so they can be good for postseason. I NEVER SAID SIT STARTERS IN THE POSTSEASON….that would be counter. We gotta play at a high level to win in the postseason. If we sit the team week 18 because there’s nothing to play for…that’s the call. You’re beating the table they must play and earn that pay. No real gain….but take those extra chances with no consideration for the priority of postseason. Just such basic fundamental idea and concept not even sure how you’re lost here? I prioritize having my top guys for the postseason over any remaining regular season game. How I see it. I’d rather be the 6th seed with Hurts(fill in whichever top player you wish here)….than the 1 seed without him. 

If I draft a RB high expecting 0 TD's in ANY season, I have made the wrong pick. Why is he good THIS year? Here are some hints.1) Less ball hogging by Hurts 2) it's a contract year 3) The Oline is one of the best in the league if not THE best. Scott is solid, he can run through the same holes as Sanders. We feed Sanders to get a return on the investment. What are the snap counts for each RB? I will stick my neck out and say Sanders gets the majority of the touches Hurts doesn't steal from him. How did Blount do when we picked him up on the cheap. Ajayi? Why should we overpay? This O line is arguably better than those were. 

924 yards and 9 TDs. Not bad….not bad at all. He clearly bulked up. He’s running over people. Flat laid out the Packer LBs more than once. Seems like you are hyper focused on a lower experienced player that the coaching staff clearly wasn’t favoring initially that got injured last season. I see a player that stepped up and forced the coaches to his side. Showed up and delivered up to his potential while just in his what? Fifth year of big football(1 year college play behind hog Barkley and now his 4th as a pro). He put in the work. Adapted his running style to more of a one cut runner. Lost the dancing and extra steps that lost yardage at times looking for the big play. So gives the more consistent positive yardage to keep down and distance more favorable. He forced these new coaches that didn’t pick him and seemingly weren’t fans of his to get on board with really appreciating him now. Wasn’t really given anything by them. Earned it the hard way. He really looks in great shape. I never pictured him as being the physical back he turned himself into this year. The guy has the lowest mileage possible being a fourth year pro RB. Clearly a player just entering his prime.

What does TC have to do with post season? But yeah,they best be ready for full contact the first game of the year because the other team will be ready for it. This is why Kelce made sarcastic fun of it with the bubble wrap over his "safety suit"

It has to do with what you clearly are missing in this whole conversation we are having on this topic. Contact, touches, wear and tear are being closely monitored. It’s not just starting right now with trying to get guys to the postseason from here. It’s the whole journey. Managing getting guys through TC all the way to playing at a high level in the SB. That’s the task. The main goal. Not earning paychecks each week recklessly without prioritizing the postseason.

Just list player 1,player 2 player 3 etc. We don't need 4 page essays on each one,just the players names and how you got the other team to make that trade 1) Dax 2)?????? 3)???? etc.It's not that tough

Evidently it very much is. Because this is rehashed thoughts. Is everybody else here tired of hearing about my plan of approach to the 2022 draft? I’m thinking so. But if you really can’t remember and are curious just scroll back through…it’s all right there. I thank the rest of the Board for your patience on this overdid used topic. My thoughts are very well documented here.

Not officially. I imagine he tweaked his ankle and they pulled him for further rest and rehab. That is why we got the other 2. Should know more today I would reckon

This is a nice example of my point. I didn’t want to remotely rush this monster of a man coming back on an injured ankle. I clearly don’t want to ruin his whole career doing harm. But just was hoping to have him ready to go for that cowboys matchup. But most importantly this season need him to be full go for the playoffs. So I’m absolutely fine resting him week 14 or whatever….not resting him postseason….looking to play our best postseason with everybody giving everything. Priorities being NFC Championship game over week 14. Seems like an obvious most basic concept I thought we all just understood. But yet here I’ve had to explain it over and over like it hadn’t been the way most have operated for decades of football.

Watched Jones some. Remember how easily Eli would get rattled and have a crap game? I see the same "deer in headlights" look from him. If we pound him early he just won't be the same QB the rest of the game. He gets down 1 score and panics,starts forcing balls and we can pick those off and make his life even worse HAHAHA. I would like to see another Tenn game with a nice mix of run and pass. Really the first time I saw this offense run full tilt like I wanted. Like you,I don't see anything that can beat us except Bark. We could beat ourselves,but they can't 

I didn’t see the offense full tilt against Titans. They are great against the run….poor against the pass. We didn’t run. We lopsided took advantage of passing all over them. I might be nitpicking what you said here. Full tilt meaning we completely dominated them is accurate. Just pointing out it wasn’t balanced. 
   But the just lack of respect for our hated rival astonishes me. It’s like you guys are forgetting all these times these two have played each other. It’s most times a knock out drag out battle. They will be playing desperate. Big hits. Probably some dirty ankle twisting and eye gouging. Let’s see how many of our guys are wearing protective face shields in their helmets. Not sure you guys are quite grasping the hiring of Dabol either. Very opposite the cowboys he’s a strong coach. He’s been studying us like an addiction ever since his hire. That concerns me. I’ve mentioned my biggest fear beyond injury is being exposed. Dabol is a guy I fear might have noticed just some such things. Is he noticing playcalling tendencies? Individual little tells or weaknesses? I expect he’s going to give his best blueprint on how to attack Gannon. Scheme/personnel however. I’m sure the whole league will be studying what Dabol keys against us.

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

That's great....again my point...  none of the reasons for Dallas being a good roster were due to their being able to spend money on free agents.   They drafted well.   

Imagine if they could sign a free agents that's the point.

Yeah, they’ve been a draft and develop team. So signing their own FA players that are playing at a high level has been their basic operation. Seems pretty ideal really. Pretty much how Green Bay has always been run. I almost can’t even remember Green Bay having back to back bad seasons. They’ve consistently been a contender the whole time I’ve watched football. Not sure how that’s a bad thing? 

But your point is that we are so brilliant with contracts that we can keep our stellar team intact this offseason while adding big FA also, right? Because I don’t see that happening at all. I see us losing plenty of talent and earning comp picks because the losses I expect to be so quality. I don’t see us bringing in big FA either. I see our focus being signing players already in house. We couldn’t bring in any good FA in 2019, 2020 and clearly nothing in 2021. Now I’d be surprised if we can keep all our talent AND add big FA guys also. So your point of Rosie Magic contracts enabling us retaking talent while bringing in big outside FA I’m not really seeing. I see us doing what you are championing one year pretty much out of five. We even did that in the bank account of 2025 and beyond. One year contracts spread with signing bonus everywhere but year they are playing. The contracts are so bad couldn’t even fire Rosie after 2020….it was a total cluster that pretty much only he could unscrew. Would have been extremely hard at that point to convince any quality candidate to take the job over. Rosie has his brilliances. One of those being he dug such a deep hole he couldn’t be replaced. That bought him the extra chances to thrive to save his butt. No margin for error though. He hasn’t just spent this years….or next years cap. He’s primarily spending years in advance cap dollars. This offseason he’s going write checks spending so many future years dollars like we’ve never seen. 

Archived