Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You said you wanted another TE(round 1,2 or 3 because thats all we have) yet Goedert is elite,so we need another one? How are you going to add stats with the weapons we already have.Only so may snaps per game I wouldn't take a TE in this draft unless someone had a gun to my head,or there were no BPA's because that is a wasted pick. We took Calcaterra(and Stoll),let him work before PANICKING that we need more TE BACK UPS because Goedert got hurt

I said I wouldn’t take a round one TE though pointing out the class is strong. I said I consider getting a TE in 4 or later. Twice you misquoting me on one post here. But yeah. I can see us using three TEs regularly. Goedert and another quality pass catching TE can work for us. Still can use Stoll at times also. So we actual will get production out of Goedert’s backup if he’s quality. We can focus more on those personnel packages. What if AJ goes down? You still looking at 4 WR packages over a 2 TE one? But and then yes finally having a legit backup for Goedert feels important. So no panic. Just a very logical well thought out and explained point of view ….about one possible option. Just a thought. Not demanding we suck otherwise. But a second pass catching TE would be nice. I could see it working. But clearly said no to round one. Suggested round four or so. Seems like I made a very solid point to consider that path. Maybe a vet FA pops up cheap instead. But one elite TE doesn’t stop me from drafting at the position. I consider all options.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I said I wouldn’t take a round one TE though pointing out the class is strong. I said I consider getting a TE in 4 or later. Twice you misquoting me on one post here. But yeah. I can see us using three TEs regularly. Goedert and another quality pass catching TE can work for us. Still can use Stoll at times also. So we actual will get production out of Goedert’s backup if he’s quality. We can focus more on those personnel packages. What if AJ goes down? You still looking at 4 WR packages over a 2 TE one? But and then yes finally having a legit backup for Goedert feels important. So no panic. Just a very logical well thought out and explained point of view ….about one possible option. Just a thought. Not demanding we suck otherwise. But a second pass catching TE would be nice. I could see it working. But clearly said no to round one. Suggested round four or so. Seems like I made a very solid point to consider that path. Maybe a vet FA pops up cheap instead. But one elite TE doesn’t stop me from drafting at the position. I consider all options.

Then why did you post the link to the #1 TE from ND???? But you want him in round 4? Ok that would be terrific!!!   Pascal and Ward could not contribute in a 4 WR set?

LMAO oh so we need to expect 180's every other day. OK-NP,but you will be hard to take seriously with varying opinions depending on what day it is

Me pondering resting my starters in the regular season is very consistent with my thoughts here of really prioritizing postseason health. I never….NEVER STATED TO REST GUYS POSTSEASON. Find the post and you have to show the quote and prove I ever said that. Never happened. Your just flat wrong here…again.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Me pondering resting my starters in the regular season is very consistent with my thoughts here of really prioritizing postseason health. I never….NEVER STATED TO REST GUYS POSTSEASON. Find the post and you have to show the quote and prove I ever said that. Never happened. Your just flat wrong here…again.

But you want to rest them UNTIL post season,then you said we basically need to play our best the rest of they year,once again YOU are flat out wrong when you state 2 OPPOSING positions. Which is it?

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Right.... it was the bad contracts... not the fact we had nothing to show from years of drafting???   Lol.  

I saw bad contracts being forced because we were struggling for money. Malik and DJac weren’t first choice options. They were more like fourth option level moves. So tight cap kept the quality moves out of reach. Then forced what he considered was the best option he could afford to fix issues. Huge crap circle. Fairly easy to see why it happened at that point actually. 

And I am certain you called the EXACT play number that Goedert would get hurt on. IDK I have seen players get hurt on play ONE. I guess that was 1 too many

Well when I previously asked you questions about that post ,they,as usual, went unanswered,but I don't understand????? You said to rest players to avoid injury and I asked(many times) "how many plays is that" and you refused to answer me,so before saying I don't understand,YOU need to understand what you are stating and answer the posed questions. But now,we need to "play our hearts out" it can't be both so it's YOU who don't understand,so I ask again How many plays is it safe to play the starters before they get hurt?

There are certain metrics to judge by. But I don’t have the magical answer to foresee every injury in this game. If we rested all our top guys today ….went in healthy for the playoffs. I’d take that at any seed over not having Hurts, Goedert or other top players but getting the one seed. And clearly never stated rest guys in the postseason. Healthy in postseason trumps most all else for me…that’s my point.

There are certain metrics to judge by. But I don’t have the magical answer to foresee every injury in this game. If we rested all our top guys today ….went in healthy for the playoffs. I’d take that at any seed over not having Hurts, Goedert or other top players but getting the one seed. And clearly never stated rest guys in the postseason. Healthy in postseason trumps most all else for me…that’s my point.

Judgmental call made by the coach, what you think has zero bearing on it. Let the coaches do their jobs. Players want to PLAY,they will fight the coach at times to play

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

To me disappointment comes with the job of Eagles  fan unfortunately. Had tons of practice and experience with it.

It comes with 31 out of 32 teams every year.   So what?  It's sports.  Sports are fun.   " the being hard is was makes it great"  so what if they are really only in a position to disappoint if they don't make the SB?   

Why?? Because you weren't ready to put that expectation on them...you needed a honeymoon phase to last forever for Hurts?    Why not look at it...dude is just getting started , the further he goes now the better?   Lose , play bad...then come back with more fire.   

I'm going to tell you my perspective.  Nothing will ever get worse than January 2003 loss to Tampa for me. I was freezing my ass off at that game and Andy threw in a poor coaching performance in a season that I legit think we has the best team.

3 times I felt we had the best team.. 1980, 2002 and 2017.   80 I was too young, the city had 4 teams make the finals and the Phillies just won a WS months earlier.     2017 we won.    The other years even with our success, I didn't think we had the best team. Rams were better, Patriots and other top AFC teams were better.  Buddy's years our NFC was stacked, and the 49ers were better.

But in 2002, we were the best team.  McNabb 's foot was absolutely a factor. Andy got out coached.  But nothing will ever be that low again for me as a sports fan.  Just turned 30, last championship was 83 Sixers when I was 10.  

So don't fear a loss anymore. Can't get worse than that for me.  First time in my adult life I felt we were the best, 20 year drought about to end...and that loss.  After scoring first.   Awful!!  

Having anxiety from Gannon? ..F#$% Gannon, he has no impact on my life.  If he fails so be it, but I'm not afraid it's going to happen. 

So which is it? Do you tell Hurts et al they are sitting? Can I be there to laugh when you tell them?

Will you be laughing about any top players getting injured out for the rest of the season? Tough calls. Physical game. You don’t want to play scared. Gotta figure out the best balance. Siri started the thinking by having super light contact they wouldn’t have dreamt of years ago.

I wouldn't rest a soul until week 16,except then we need to beat the Saints,so actually week 17 and even then we should let the guys play the game unless we have a HUGE 4th 1/4 lead

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Will you be laughing about any top players getting injured out for the rest of the season? Tough calls. Physical game. You don’t want to play scared. Gotta figure out the best balance. Siri started the thinking by having super light contact they wouldn’t have dreamt of years ago.

Light practice has NOTHING to do with IN game play NOTHING

46 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was clearly pointing out our downward trajectory. To me it was obvious we didn’t possess the team as good in 2020 as 2017. You don’t always know exactly the record. But realistic expectations should have been the path. Coaching makes a difference. But all this dead money crippled the team. Went straight downhill after the SB. I believe mostly because of the cap situation. Clearly  if you use my path you could actual improve and strengthen a contending team. You know add a Deion Sanders to complete the puzzle. 

The bad drafts should have been your first clue.. 2019 was a miracle how Doug and Wentz pulled that off. Only got worse the following year.

So technically I think the consideration started in TC. Not even week 14. He went light on contact then. The logic been carrying through all season. Just trying to be as smart as possible about it all. No perfect answers. But some pretty stupid possible decisions.

I won't laugh at lnjuries,I will laugh when you go into the locker room and tell them they are sitting out the next 5 games so they don't stub their toes

48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was clearly pointing out our downward trajectory. To me it was obvious we didn’t possess the team as good in 2020 as 2017. You don’t always know exactly the record. But realistic expectations should have been the path. Coaching makes a difference. But all this dead money crippled the team. Went straight downhill after the SB. I believe mostly because of the cap situation. Clearly  if you use my path you could actual improve and strengthen a contending team. You know add a Deion Sanders to complete the puzzle. 

You could also add players in the 4 drafts between Lane and Goedert?  Might help more than one overpriced free agent?  Free agents have a choice.  31 other teams compete for them.   You are at the mercy of what's available. 

Draft,  you control it.  Gotta hit drafts, you miss a few in a row..  2020 is what happens. 

Football is a game of WARRIORS,not a ballet recital

48 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s a fair opinion. You are commuting the draft asset to the position. I’m open to considering all options towards the big picture of the roster. I can see paths that lead to paying a known RB being the best way to go. Pay the 7 mil and still have the starting RB and use the pick on the S because he would cost 20 mil. I’m not committed to anything right now. But I can say it all effects each other. Would love to just pay all top salary level guys or draft them high. Not a realistic plan however.

Pay the impact player 20.. not the replaceable player 7. Not hard.  Show me the successful franchise paying the mediocre RB 7 mil?  That's top 10 money.

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You could also add players in the 4 drafts between Lane and Goedert?  Might help more than one overpriced free agent?  Free agents have a choice.  31 other teams compete for them.   You are at the mercy of what's available. 

Draft,  you control it.  Gotta hit drafts, you miss a few in a row..  2020 is what happens. 

I think Ham will be disappointed in 2023. However due to the great last 2 drafts and off season (and possibly a 3rd),I don't feel the drop off will be as bad as in the past

And especially if you only thought we were a 2nd tier team within the conference...with probably your thoughts of teams with a 45 and 38 year old QB as tier 1.    Making a trade to set up future picks as those two guys fade away after this year...to put your guy in the top tier going forward...no shot you wouldn't like that.

Your only argument is the impact a backup would make THIS YEAR ,which is BS if all you thought was we were tier 2????

Ohhh the backup DB needs a year to gel???   Gel with who..Slay?  At the time we didn't have Bradberry or CGJ. Epps was seen as serviceable at best.   

You are trying to convince me that if Hurts was already signed, you thought we were tier 2, that taking a young DB to play with not many long term pieces would have been better than getting 3 good picks long term... no shot. None.

You can't stand Hurts to be in a position where he can fail.  Too much anxiety for you.

The question of S is super easy. Yes gel with Maddox. But figure out the S position room. Who fits better with him? How to proceed forward. My understanding is Dime calls for 3 S. That’s actual contribution. We struggled trying because our Dime brought in Wallace. They targeted him successfully every time. A clear weakness. Strengthening a chest weakness to a strength of top athlete high pick seems like a good call to me. That’s all before we even get into not just 3 S looks…but every down we play 2 S. So that backup 3 guy seems important to me. I’ve liked Blankenship coming from nowhere. Looks pretty good. But having him for Dime and the third S now I’d prefer over the current situation. CGJ and Epps go down we are screwed. Wallace and Blankenship will be a liability postseason(if that’s what we actually face).  We traded up for Davis. Was only playing sparingly. 13 overall and he wasn’t playing more than a third of snaps at his peak. Jergens not hardly doing anything. Coming in as an extra Oline or TE. Dean no contribution on D. A third S would be doing more than any of these rookies. And yes, do I want every tool in the box to make noise this year,,… heck yeah. A first next year doesn’t help at all this season. Go ahead and list off all these contending teams you remember that traded away their first round pick for future picks. When you do that…I’ll counter with how routinely contending teams do the opposite and trade future picks to add to their current team to make the difference now…and the future. That Saints first you can’t argue how it makes us better this postseason.

LMAO you forgot I lived in FL and watched him every week with a CRAP team?

Why do I need to decide now???? I wait and see what the market tells me is a fair price

Both prices are fair. And actually the choice doesn’t happen until after the season at this point. But it clearly was just a hypothetical based on how you felt about each player and the position overall. I like Jacobs better. 5.5 mil better per season? That’s a huge gap actually. Think I lean Sanders. But sorry if you thought my question was based on impossibly making moves that can’t be made this second. Just comparing possible choices. 12.5 Jacobs or 7 Sanders? Think it’s interesting to contemplate.

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think I’ve just been pointing out how great it would be to just be in a great position with this specific draft. Being able to take the No brainer player really works for me. So being in that position is just obviously better. You want Reggie White at pick 6 or you trading that pick back to win the Draft Wars? 

Again.... you need to stop doing what you do.  You mention Reggie White...a possibility of trade without mentioning the other players.

It's not draft wars.    

Idk, would you trade Reggie if it landed you Fletcher Cox and Tom Brady?  Thar would work great in reality....but actually on paper (draft wars) it wouldn't.   A 6th round pick to trade back from 6 to 12 wouldn't be good.  You see. 

That's why in early December,  it's not worth talking about yet.   But it's obvious that the agenda is you are focused on whatever you can to downgrade the asset that is the Saints 1st rounder.   

Let's give a rest and simply root for the pick to be as high as possible.  Carolina, Jax, Detroit,  AZ, Cleveland,  Pittsburgh and Denver... you should be rooting for this weekend.  

43 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I can run 3 plays(crap play calling). If my players can execute those 3 plays EVERY down,I will beat you with CRAP play calling because my players executed the plays. if you cannot stop those 3 plays I will win the game(yes this is extreme but the only way it works with you). So good play calling goes with execution. If they fail to execute was it a bad play call or lack of executing it?

Chip tried to win with 3 plays.

The team dropped him. So why mention Goodell? 

Again... it's 2022.    It's not Kaep in 2016. Too much has changed in society.  Especially toward women.  Look at Watson situation.   

While not fair....you can't really blame the team, especially for a rookie punter. 

Well they really had no choice did they? Can’t just roster a P that faces suspension. Just too difficult to even consider. I’d say expectations would be the league would take action. Bills choosing is also a issue for me. Just ending his career based on accusation alone isn’t right. But no point in them even thinking about fighting through keeping him. Bad PR ….but assumption is league would step in anyway. P you can’t deal with that.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jergens not hardly doing anything.

Why does he need to? He is(supposedly) Kelces replacement? Dean was hurt before the draft(remember,that's why he fell???) Davis is in rotation because we have other guys we are paying? I thought you wanted the studs rested,yet Davis isn't playing enough with an iffy ankle? 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Chip tried to win with 3 plays.

Yep,but we couldn't execute them

Like Zech????

yes you me and everyone who is held down by earths gravity is high on the same guys

Exactly why it would be huge to give Rosie the No brainer selection. Trading back just to win Draft Wars carries risk. He could get three picks and get all great players. But he also could fail. Take the TJ Watt. Don’t trade it away so you could take Reagor and still get JJAW. Got two picks instead of one…but not always the right answer.

Archived