Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I saw bad contracts being forced because we were struggling for money. Malik and DJac weren’t first choice options. They were more like fourth option level moves. So tight cap kept the quality moves out of reach. Then forced what he considered was the best option he could afford to fix issues. Huge crap circle. Fairly easy to see why it happened at that point actually. 

Bad player selections.  The fact we has the money to give... unlike Dallas.  That's my point.  Why is it hard to understand?   

The bad drafts...in succession are an issue.  Can you ever recall having nothing to show for you drafts from 3 to 7 years prior?   That's an issue..not Malik Jackson.   The cause was the draft. 

Yet my point remains..why can't Dallas use free agency to help??  It's not that Jerry wouldn't pay....

Dion Sanders remember... pre cap!

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Both prices are fair. And actually the choice doesn’t happen until after the season at this point. But it clearly was just a hypothetical based on how you felt about each player and the position overall. I like Jacobs better. 5.5 mil better per season? That’s a huge gap actually. Think I lean Sanders. But sorry if you thought my question was based on impossibly making moves that can’t be made this second. Just comparing possible choices. 12.5 Jacobs or 7 Sanders? Think it’s interesting to contemplate.

Jacobs is a much better RB, but his price is too high if that what he wants. If I am paying a RB that much he needs to be 50% of my offense and that's not how we are set up. Hurts can run, he is our best RB. With his rushing ability why would we pay out that kind of money on a RB? Hurts does alot of that dirty work,the QB sneaks etc. Makes no sense to me to overpay there

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly why it would be huge to give Rosie the No brainer selection. Trading back just to win Draft Wars carries risk. He could get three picks and get all great players. But he also could fail. Take the TJ Watt. Don’t trade it away so you could take Reagor and still get JJAW. Got two picks instead of one…but not always the right answer.

It's picking the correct players.Obviously(in hindsight) there were better picks than Reagor and Jjaw. You can have 20 picks,if they all suck you gain nothing

Well time to cop some Z's TTYL

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I think Ham will be disappointed in 2023. However due to the great last 2 drafts and off season (and possibly a 3rd),I don't feel the drop off will be as bad as in the past

2018 was a good draft. Here we are year 5 for them.  2019 was another bad one..nobody will be left if they don't overpay Sanders 

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly why it would be huge to give Rosie the No brainer selection. Trading back just to win Draft Wars carries risk. He could get three picks and get all great players. But he also could fail. Take the TJ Watt. Don’t trade it away so you could take Reagor and still get JJAW. Got two picks instead of one…but not always the right answer.

How about we move up or down to get the players that fit us?

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Was Reagor a "no brainer" selection? MS2? We could have called better drafts then(and I had JJ along with 99.9% of everyone else)

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Yes...this way all is covered.

All of a sudden Goedert is elite?  But when we all said Goedert,  Smith and AJ were a top tier group..."well let's not carried away No Mas"   ... then he makes 30 innuendos of how our OL isn't good,  then 10 posts later " I never said we weren't the best" ...lol. 

We can't set the bar to where we expect Hurts to be an MVP candidate,  but yet he always had faith in him? 

Remember the articles that came out...best OL and top 4 receiving group.   He constantly tells us how he is confident in Hurts and Sanders is " special "  yet can't expect top level success? 

We argue Hurts is going to get paid ...he argues we have him cheap in 2023 and can tag him afterwards?  Now he was the one saying $50 mil all along.

But I get it... the 180 on things means he is not " imprisoned " by certain ideas.

So ... I'm going to follow suit... I say we are going to win the Superbowl...and I also think we will lose the rest of the games.  

Howie stinks.  Howie is the best.   

I'm not imprisoned by one idea... I " called " them all.

You can’t set the bar at Hurts being MVP level? You were against him even starting. I was the one that stated he needed to be in MVP contention to get paid after this year. Laughable you set the bar for Hurts at MVP level. Never crossed your brain. That was all me envisioning his success while you contemplated the strength of the 2023 Qb class. Your rewriting of history is amazing here. I see other WR rooms that easily can be argued are better than us. Now the Oline….really hard to judge. But I did concede it to try and make a very clear point because you were going to dance around the question forever otherwise. So taking away the Oline argument was the only way you would consider answering. Don’t think you still ever did. But yeah…,I’m reconsidering the Oline thoughts. Seen evidence to the contrary recently. Saw Cincy have a bad one and be right there in the SB. Seen that our vaunted Oline doesn’t win and dominate in the trenches versus too many DLines. You can’t invest more and be better than the best. So the theory of investing everything in Oline is in question when they lose their matchup still to several teams. 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

2018 was a good draft. Here we are year 5 for them.  2019 was another bad one..nobody will be left if they don't overpay Sanders 

SPIFFY!!!!

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The question of S is super easy. Yes gel with Maddox. But figure out the S position room. Who fits better with him? How to proceed forward. My understanding is Dime calls for 3 S. That’s actual contribution. We struggled trying because our Dime brought in Wallace. They targeted him successfully every time. A clear weakness. Strengthening a chest weakness to a strength of top athlete high pick seems like a good call to me. That’s all before we even get into not just 3 S looks…but every down we play 2 S. So that backup 3 guy seems important to me. I’ve liked Blankenship coming from nowhere. Looks pretty good. But having him for Dime and the third S now I’d prefer over the current situation. CGJ and Epps go down we are screwed. Wallace and Blankenship will be a liability postseason(if that’s what we actually face).  We traded up for Davis. Was only playing sparingly. 13 overall and he wasn’t playing more than a third of snaps at his peak. Jergens not hardly doing anything. Coming in as an extra Oline or TE. Dean no contribution on D. A third S would be doing more than any of these rookies. And yes, do I want every tool in the box to make noise this year,,… heck yeah. A first next year doesn’t help at all this season. Go ahead and list off all these contending teams you remember that traded away their first round pick for future picks. When you do that…I’ll counter with how routinely contending teams do the opposite and trade future picks to add to their current team to make the difference now…and the future. That Saints first you can’t argue how it makes us better this postseason.

Gel with Maddox?  Really that's it. 

Tier 2 team... need to draft one guy to gel with his nickel CB for a year is worth giving up 3 picks.???  No shot you believe that.     

Tier 1 team..in position to get a starter...yeah ..don't trade.   Tier 2 with young long term QB being established...you take the picks all day.   Lol..gel with Maddox. 

Both prices are fair. And actually the choice doesn’t happen until after the season at this point. But it clearly was just a hypothetical based on how you felt about each player and the position overall. I like Jacobs better. 5.5 mil better per season? That’s a huge gap actually. Think I lean Sanders. But sorry if you thought my question was based on impossibly making moves that can’t be made this second. Just comparing possible choices. 12.5 Jacobs or 7 Sanders? Think it’s interesting to contemplate.

Absolutely lean Sanders... I'm not paying a RB 5.5 mil... let alone 5.5 mil more than another one.

Neither.. prices are fair for other teams to pay. Not me, not for 2023 Eagles.  No way.

I'm still waiting on which rookie pick 19 or after was worth not taking the Saints trade. 

Neither 

I listed off a whole line of guys. And have given my choice. All in my trade back scenario I wanted. Top ten pick looks nice. Only way I thought we did ok in that trade. Of coarse now we’ll have to get real specific. We get Carter the move looks fairly brilliant. We lose a very close playoff game while our depth gets exposed and targeted….that elite athlete looks crucial.  Still waiting for your long list of contending teams that traded away their first rounder to add the future picks. You know it must be a huge list….way bigger than the list of contending teams that traded away their future picks for players to play now. The latter happens routinely every year by multiple top contending teams. But I’m sure your list of the contending teams deferring to the future is a regular thing also. I just can’t think of one….but I’m sure it’s happened. But dig up all those contenders that rather put off toward the future instead of now.

Well they really had no choice did they? Can’t just roster a P that faces suspension. Just too difficult to even consider. I’d say expectations would be the league would take action. Bills choosing is also a issue for me. Just ending his career based on accusation alone isn’t right. But no point in them even thinking about fighting through keeping him. Bad PR ….but assumption is league would step in anyway. P you can’t deal with that.

Why is it ending his career?  He gets cleared...he can play.  What's the issue... it's a bad look.  It's 2022...times have changed.   Changed a lot since Kaep.  Bad PR to all women. Not " facing suspension. 

Not always the wrong answer either. Not an issue yet. Just get the pick as high as possible for now. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have no words for this one,I will abstain for fear of being "rude"

May as well listen to the live crickets

Sone this already so many times it’s pathetic. Why No Mas keep mentioning a S. Uhhhh maybe because I’ve answered many times. Even listed off a large selection too so it wasn’t like my plan was just trade back for the one guy. You both full of crap. How can No Mas argue against my S pick idea…if I never gave an answer? Surprising how just pointing out the obvious fact and holes in the combined BS is just so easy. You guys can disagree with me. That’s fine. But this manufactured BS, outright misquotes and reprinting of history is pathetic. You both need to man up.

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's picking the correct players.Obviously(in hindsight) there were better picks than Reagor and Jjaw. You can have 20 picks,if they all suck you gain nothing

Well time to cop some Z's TTYL

TJ Watt...or trade back to get Jerry Rice and Brian Dawkins?    Can't say.

But I agree...I absolutely assume they want the top target if they can get it.

This is a load of Hooey. We are on a TEAM mission of SB or bust. We have a terrific offense in place(thanks Howie),many QB's would drool to have the players we have but yeah Hurts is the only guy on this team. Once again I remind you in 2017 when Wentz went down we were "done". How did that work out? The TEAM stepped up their play to cover Foles "less than Wentz" skills. You are the pom pom waver but only if Hurts is the QB?

A third day draft pick became the best player of all time. Bank on both scenarios all you want. It is a team. But we aren’t going to the SB without Hurts. Can’t envision that this year at all. It’s not all Hurts…but can’t do it without him.

Welp,I suspect you will be disappointed in 2023 because we are "all in" for this year and we just have TOO many players to re-sign and only 4 draft picks(thus far) if you think we will be a 5 year dynasty you WILL be disappointed. So it remains to be seen what the level of drop off will be next year. Some players will get better,old dudes need replaced. Howie is getting better at drafting which bodes well for us

Rosie getting better at drafting I could go on and on about. We’ll see. But he was pretty bad and the earlier bar was really really low.

My point is that they have won because they have had better drafts and player selections.   They don’t have success because of their ability to sign free agents that was caused by writing better contracts.  Imagine if they could sign free agents because they could actually manage the cap?

Let me ask you... in the salary cap era... compare Jerry Jones way to Jeffrey Lurie's way.  You can pin point some years ...but overall, I don't think it's coincidence the Eagles have had more success.

A lot of factors...but one huge advantage is that we have signed way more free agents due to having more cap space.   Especially since the Dream Team....which again bad player selections... the cap part that set it up was done very intelligently. 

Pure cap... Eagles smoke Dallas... if player selection is even ... Dallas has no shot.

Eagles 2021 9-8

2020 4-11-1

2019  9-7

2018 9-7

Cowboys 2021 12-5 

2020 6-10

2019 8-8

2018 10-6 

your point is we have done sooooo much better than them. Don’t see it. Just seen their crappy HC problems limiting them heavily. They’d be crushing it with real HC instead of Garrett and McCarthy. Loving their stupid HC decisions…

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You can’t set the bar at Hurts being MVP level? You were against him even starting. 

Well you have a brutal memory because I think the narcissism kicks I that you don't pay attention to other people. 

Didn't I say all offseason.. Hurts is the choice for all 17 games in 2022.  No " shew" ...no trade, no draft pick...all in for Hurts in 2022.

Then I said, why is it unreasonable to think a QB who has the best supporting cast around him can’t be an MVP candidate?

You were the one trying to say the supporting cast wasn't elite... now after your boy shows up...it's ok to say his TE is elite?   Kinda sketchy don't you think?

I mean..you even think Sanders is special... why wouldn't Hurts be in position to dominate?

Tennessee was perfect example.  He had all day to throw... AJ was open by 15 yards..  and the other was a ball caught off the defenders shoulder pads.   You think Hurts could fail in that situation?  It's all set up for him to succeed.   Obviously he gets credit. 

To me...MVP because of Tennessee type games... but I feel Indy and Washington he was probably better. Team didn't do well around him those games.  

But you focus on him getting too much blame????  Dude, some of these cake situations he is getting way too much credit.   

Come on now...expectations are where they should be...it's year 3. He isn't some rookie. 

I can run 3 plays(crap play calling). If my players can execute those 3 plays EVERY down,I will beat you with CRAP play calling because my players executed the plays. if you cannot stop those 3 plays I will win the game(yes this is extreme but the only way it works with you). So good play calling goes with execution. If they fail to execute was it a bad play call or lack of executing it?

No idea what point your making. Who ever said execution didn’t matter?

I listed off a whole line of guys. And have given my choice. All in my trade back scenario I wanted. Top ten pick looks nice. Only way I thought we did ok in that trade. Of coarse now we’ll have to get real specific. We get Carter the move looks fairly brilliant. We lose a very close playoff game while our depth gets exposed and targeted….that elite athlete looks crucial.  Still waiting for your long list of contending teams that traded away their first rounder to add the future picks. You know it must be a huge list….way bigger than the list of contending teams that traded away their future picks for players to play now. The latter happens routinely every year by multiple top contending teams. But I’m sure your list of the contending teams deferring to the future is a regular thing also. I just can’t think of one….but I’m sure it’s happened. But dig up all those contenders that rather put off toward the future instead of now.

Who list one guy you would trade for the Saints package. And that you would risk the Eagles making the right choice of player vs pulling a Reagor while passing up the obvious great package from the Saints?

You never wrote any player names down..if you say them out loud...we can't hear you.

Also big improvement for Sanders after his 0 TD's last year. And Sanders is gunning a bit harder in his contract year,no surprise,but lets not think he's been and annual stud for 4 years

A young player that didn’t get but one year of experience in college is just now playing at a much higher level year four being healthy….hmmm shocker. Such a rare concept for guys to improve with experience. He looks real good this year. The rest of our RBs are decent third string level guys.

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sone this already so many times it’s pathetic. Why No Mas keep mentioning a S. Uhhhh maybe because I’ve answered many times. Even listed off a large selection too so it wasn’t like my plan was just trade back for the one guy. You both full of crap. How can No Mas argue against my S pick idea…if I never gave an answer? Surprising how just pointing out the obvious fact and holes in the combined BS is just so easy. You guys can disagree with me. That’s fine. But this manufactured BS, outright misquotes and reprinting of history is pathetic. You both need to man up.

You mentioned the safety position...who is the player you would take?  

I mean...not hard to mention again if you did it once ? 

But you want to rest them UNTIL post season,then you said we basically need to play our best the rest of they year,once again YOU are flat out wrong when you state 2 OPPOSING positions. Which is it?

Regular season and postseason are not the same. Need guys to go all out in postseason to win the big games that matter. 

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

A third day draft pick became the best player of all time. Bank on both scenarios all you want. It is a team. But we aren’t going to the SB without Hurts. Can’t envision that this year at all. It’s not all Hurts…but can’t do it without him.

Ehhh... I would lean towards agreeing with you.   But if say " Shew " ..( i feel like a 4 year old using the nicknames you guys give everyone)   if he had the 4 or 5 weeks to prep...if we get home field.  I could see him making the SB. Possible. 

Defense is just good and at home.  Matchups could work i our favor too.  But I'm not thinking we win if we get in...but who knows?   Personally I don't like the idea of the season finishing without Hurts playing QB. 

One way or the other he earned his opportunity to succeed or fail. That's all a player can ask.

Archived