Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

30 minutes ago, stine said:

Pretty simple answer here. IT is the contracts. How would Dallas be had they been able to keep Cooper, La'el Collins, Conner Williams, Randy Gregory and Chidobe Awuzie. All Players that probably would have put the Cowboys in 1st place had they been able to manage the Cap better. McCarthy has won a SB last I checked. Not sure many other Head Coaches can say the same. Also, their DC is one of the best in Football.

They were all there last year when they didn’t win the playoff game. How did contracts stop that? Loaded team. Considered best league wide by many much of last season. Yet your conclusion is they just didn’t have enough talent to win one playoff game? Oh…ok…sure. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They were all there last year when they didn’t win the playoff game. How did contracts stop that? Loaded team. Considered best league wide by many much of last season. Yet your conclusion is they just didn’t have enough talent to win one playoff game? Oh…ok…sure. 

Missing the point. They needed to be kept for this year. So, lets let them go and have a worse team this year? Oh I get it. Keep the team competitive for the Regular season so they can bow in the first round again! Great strategy! Dallas has no idea of how to rework contracts. Had they been able to do so this team would be a power house.

Eagles need help on the D-line. What do they do? Oh, how about we sign Suh and Joseph? Problem solved. Cowboys need help at WR. What did they do? Cowboys need help at CB. What did they do? Seeing anything that is a problem here?

Easy to blame the coaching when the Front Office never replaces talent lost during the regular season. They never look to improve after September first. Sure it is always the coaches fault. I am not saying McCarthy is a great coach, but his hands are tied when it comes to the roster. That screw up is all Jerry Jones. Lack of vision and the smarts of how to implement contracts to keep the team rolling on all cylinders.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

A third day draft pick became the best player of all time. Bank on both scenarios all you want. It is a team. But we aren’t going to the SB without Hurts. Can’t envision that this year at all. It’s not all Hurts…but can’t do it without him.

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Foles needs to send his trophy back because Ham could not envision it. Therefore, anyone other than Hurts is not capable of leading one of the top offensive talented teams in the league. Got it

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No idea what point your making. Who ever said execution didn’t matter?

Point is good bad or otherwise all play calls look bad if they aren't executed.You can't understand that?. You harp on play calling,doesn't matter if you can do the play. So ONCE AGAIN,if Siri calls a bubble screen and it blows up,was it a bad play call or BAD execution??? Can't you have good play calls and bad execution? And really IDK how you cannot understand this as any 5 year old would. mind boggling. The 7 yard scamper at the GL from hurts was due to execution by the Oline. I'm sure we've called that play hundreds of times. if you cannot execute the play you DONT score the TD. IDK how much simpler I can make this??? Do I need to do a football 101 powerpoint presentation? Of course it matters,that was the reason for the TD,not Hurts. It was a standard play call that was executed. Very simple

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Rosie getting better at drafting I could go on and on about. We’ll see. But he was pretty bad and the earlier bar was really really low.

Your bar for Hurts always was low,we never lowered ours

Sone this already so many times it’s pathetic. Why No Mas keep mentioning a S. Uhhhh maybe because I’ve answered many times. Even listed off a large selection too so it wasn’t like my plan was just trade back for the one guy. You both full of crap. How can No Mas argue against my S pick idea…if I never gave an answer? Surprising how just pointing out the obvious fact and holes in the combined BS is just so easy. You guys can disagree with me. That’s fine. But this manufactured BS, outright misquotes and reprinting of history is pathetic. You both need to man up.

I had a post that said "OK we have Dax" now list the rest in that draft and you NEVER did,just random posts all over the place. i asked for a LIST. I dont need background on your interpretations nor your "expertise" Just a damn LIST. So I ask again we have Dax and now LIST the other players and how you go about trading back with all these teams that would just JUMP at the chance to trade up and give up assets. When you 1/2 ass answer a question that doesn't answer the question so ONE MORE TIME- write me a list of the players and how you got the teams to trade with us because they didn't want the player you picked 1) DAX now finish the LIST and I don't want 57 paragraphs. I merely asked for a LIST you can't provide

A young player that didn’t get but one year of experience in college is just now playing at a much higher level year four being healthy….hmmm shocker. Such a rare concept for guys to improve with experience. He looks real good this year. The rest of our RBs are decent third string level guys.

If I draft a RB high expecting 0 TD's in ANY season, I have made the wrong pick. Why is he good THIS year? Here are some hints.1) Less ball hogging by Hurts 2) it's a contract year 3) The Oline is one of the best in the league if not THE best. Scott is solid, he can run through the same holes as Sanders. We feed Sanders to get a return on the investment. What are the snap counts for each RB? I will stick my neck out and say Sanders gets the majority of the touches Hurts doesn't steal from him. How did Blount do when we picked him up on the cheap. Ajayi? Why should we overpay? This O line is arguably better than those were. 

Regular season and postseason are not the same. Need guys to go all out in postseason to win the big games that matter. 

Right, in 1 breath you say we need to sit them the rest of the year to avoid injury,then you say we need to play at a "high level" How do you do that with all your star players out? We pay these guys to perform at a high level, that's why they make more than 15.00 an hour. They sign a contract that they will play 17 games, not 12 or 14. The decision to hold players out is made by the coach not you(or me or anyone else) so why not leave that up to the people that get paid to make those calls? You work all year to get your team functioning how you want it,then you want to change those guys out,screw up Hurts chance at an MVP award,drop every top players stats we have on fear they"could" get hurt. They can get hurt on any play in any game.If you are scared of that,then pay them all $15.00 an hour,then it won't worry you if they get hurt. They make humongous amounts of money. They worked many years to get the chance to play in the NFL and you want to cut that off because of some unknown formula that is "one too many snaps" GL with that. This is why we have BU's and a PS?? Injury is part of the game. Nobody is going to cry you a river. Next man up. It' just ridiculous to consider pulling players in week 12 and trying to re-start the "gel process" in week 17

So we should have all our top guys hit full contact as much as possible starting in TC, right? Don’t need another jersey for QBs even. It’s just never considered of thought of.

What does TC have to do with post season? But yeah,they best be ready for full contact the first game of the year because the other team will be ready for it. This is why Kelce made sarcastic fun of it with the bubble wrap over his "safety suit"

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve done this for both of you now multiple times. If it still hasn’t stick it never will. Oh well. Key was get a top ten pick in 2023 out of the deal. Saints need to close that deal for us.

Just list player 1,player 2 player 3 etc. We don't need 4 page essays on each one,just the players names and how you got the other team to make that trade 1) Dax 2)?????? 3)???? etc.It's not that tough

2 hours ago, stine said:

Has anyone heard about Davis? Was his injury minor?

Not officially. I imagine he tweaked his ankle and they pulled him for further rest and rehab. That is why we got the other 2. Should know more today I would reckon

1 hour ago, stine said:

Giants have 2 legit running threats. Barkley and Jones. Stuff Barkley and keep a spy on Jones. Dean? This would effectively keep the Giants offense off the field and Hurts on it. Game should be easy if they can manage to do this. Giants are on the decline and I can see a easy victory.

Watched Jones some. Remember how easily Eli would get rattled and have a crap game? I see the same "deer in headlights" look from him. If we pound him early he just won't be the same QB the rest of the game. He gets down 1 score and panics,starts forcing balls and we can pick those off and make his life even worse HAHAHA. I would like to see another Tenn game with a nice mix of run and pass. Really the first time I saw this offense run full tilt like I wanted. Like you,I don't see anything that can beat us except Bark. We could beat ourselves,but they can't 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Him and Garrett been wasting away that franchise fir a long time.

These guys make the contracts to overpay, buy the FA players(which are few), trade/lose the top talent they have and run the drafts? This I did not know, learning every day

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

McCarthy just pissed ARod off endlessly because he’s so freaking stupid. But most saw Dallas as the best team in the entire league last year at some point. Many power rankings and crap had them tops for more than the first half of the season. But sure they just couldn’t win a playoff game last year because they didn’t have enough talent. Best team in the league….but couldn’t win a single playoff game. Coach completely sucks. Just that obvious. I love it. Him and Garrett been wasting away that franchise fir a long time. Been good for me. Unfortunately even with terrible HC they’ve had a better record than us from 2018 to 2021.

That's great....again my point...  none of the reasons for Dallas being a good roster were due to their being able to spend money on free agents.   They drafted well.   

Imagine if they could sign a free agents that's the point.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Loaded without being able to sign free agents for a decade.  Imagine the frustration of a Dallas fan ...thinking if we could just sign one so we could have a better roster?

2 hours ago, stine said:

Missing the point. They needed to be kept for this year. So, lets let them go and have a worse team this year? Oh I get it. Keep the team competitive for the Regular season so they can bow in the first round again! Great strategy! Dallas has no idea of how to rework contracts. Had they been able to do so this team would be a power house.

Eagles need help on the D-line. What do they do? Oh, how about we sign Suh and Joseph? Problem solved. Cowboys need help at WR. What did they do? Cowboys need help at CB. What did they do? Seeing anything that is a problem here?

It pretty simple isn't it.  It’s one point.  Has nothing to do with anything else.   Very stubborn or ignorant not getting the point.  Not sure which one is the problem. 

Mariota benched. We get to see the new QB(Ridder) from cincy (university of) in ATL. I really liked this kid,let's see what he's got. Falcons are going with the future

Philadelphia Eagles

10-1 · .452

Biggest needs: DB, Edge, DL

Week 13 opponent: vs. Titans

DP: Philly has an embarrassment of riches, with the first-round pick acquired from the Saints knocking on the door of the top five. The biggest needs for the Eagles are on defense, but it appears they will be in position to select one the best prospects available, regardless of position, in 2023.                                         So they have the same positional needs that we all seem to agree on

Like these kids for us  1-5 Murphy-Edge-Clemson    1-30 Siaki Ika- DT- Baylor    2-63- Garrett Williams-CB -Syracuse            round 3 ???? maybe a S,ROT or RB

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Mariota benched. We get to see the new QB(Ridder) from cincy (university of) in ATL. I really liked this kid,let's see what he's got. Falcons are going with the future

Let's hope he lights it up next game vs the Saints... kinda smells like " tanking" with the move being done exactly now vs the Saints? 

Not saying anything about the kid,  I have no clue...just comment on the timing. 

Amazon Prime Video is, once again, the home of "Thursday Night Football." The streaming platform will continue to serve in that role for 11 years,     Piss on Amazon

31 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Let's hope he lights it up next game vs the Saints... kinda smells like " tanking" with the move being done exactly now vs the Saints? 

Not saying anything about the kid,  I have no clue...just comment on the timing. 

Well they have lost 4 of the last 5. They can still contend in their weak division,so why not. Can't do much worse. Set things up for next year with a QB who has a little experience like we did with Hurts

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Amazon Prime Video is, once again, the home of "Thursday Night Football." The streaming platform will continue to serve in that role for 11 years,     Piss on Amazon

Dude..  you see that and you focus on Amazon.  The biggest take for me..  11 more years of Thursday night football???  Awful. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well they have lost 4 of the last 5. They can still contend in their weak division,so why not. Can't do much worse. Set things up for next year with a QB who has a little experience like we did with Hurts

Sure...just saying where the timing is odd.  It's a great time to keep losing if they want draft position. 

Archived