Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s my point. All that ends up mattering is what you come out with. Reading the draft class is a huge part of doing that in my estimation however. What’s better just drafting Parsons at 6 or trading back adding picks to take Reagor and JJaw. It matters. Especially those really top elite guys. But just the fact we were just back from Chase and Pitts mattered. You don’t trade back from picking them. He felt he had to trade back because we weren’t getting them. That one spot back effected through whole draft plan.

I have no words for this one,I will abstain for fear of being "rude"

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm still waiting on which rookie pick 19 or after was worth not taking the Saints trade. 

Neither 

May as well listen to the live crickets

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I disagree,the OLINE is key. You have a dominating Oline and even mediocre RB's will look good

This can be the case sometimes. But I can see several teams our Oline doesn’t dominate. But when they create that hole….what happens? I see Sanders as a much bigger weapon and threat than any other back we have. He’s really constantly reading the holes well also. To me it could be that crucial difference in a first down or not. Maybe the difference of him taking it to the house on breaking through versus Scott getting 25 yards. Sanders playing great this year. 924 yards and 9 TDs. What the other guys done? Big dropoff from starter to backup at RB I see. Talking the big games to win it all I see it being a big factor. 

I agree and if Shew had to play you don't think they would adjust the offense to his play style? I mean Shew is not a runner,but he is as accurate as Hurts. But Hurts can run well and he gets the nod,but to assume Shew would choke has no basis in fact

I’m nitpicking at the highest level understand. Expectations are number one seed and contending and playing in the SB. Not happening with Shew.

46 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We on the Hurts or bust mission this season.

This is a load of Hooey. We are on a TEAM mission of SB or bust. We have a terrific offense in place(thanks Howie),many QB's would drool to have the players we have but yeah Hurts is the only guy on this team. Once again I remind you in 2017 when Wentz went down we were "done". How did that work out? The TEAM stepped up their play to cover Foles "less than Wentz" skills. You are the pom pom waver but only if Hurts is the QB?

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

The path that got us Smith and AJ was great.  Again...." player selection " it's different than managing the assets 

You worry about a loss of a 4th rounder.  You claim the 2022 2nd round was all full of studs.    Yet the 2023 Saints pick and their future 2nd rounder..." some random picks"  lol.

So you see great player selection from pick 26 this year and 138 next year...but you see us making bad decisions with the Saints picks we are getting at much higher spots ?  

This I don't get.  Man you are a worry wart.  Relax and enjoy life.  Gannon giving you anxiety. It's sports dude.   Didn't Covid provide with a little life perspective?    You don't miss any of the shots you don't take.  Anticipating bad stuff to happen so in the end you won't be disappointed is a bad way to live life.   

To me disappointment comes with the job of Eagles  fan unfortunately. Had tons of practice and experience with it.

But when they create that hole….what happens?

What happens is my grannie would get 5 yards. Opening holes is the key to the running game. Almost ANY RB can run through a truck sized hole. GO back to the last TD for Hurts you keep bringing up and watch the EXECUTION by the OLINE. I could have walked that in

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m nitpicking at the highest level understand. Expectations are number one seed and contending and playing in the SB. Not happening with Shew.

yeah Foles was trash we need to give the trophy back

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How can you nitpick Shew when I have seen his play 50 times more than you???

So how do you know what your record will be in a the year you haven't played the games yet?. Coaching makes no difference???? If your coaches can't get the best from the players it won't matter what money you spend,or not spend

I was clearly pointing out our downward trajectory. To me it was obvious we didn’t possess the team as good in 2020 as 2017. You don’t always know exactly the record. But realistic expectations should have been the path. Coaching makes a difference. But all this dead money crippled the team. Went straight downhill after the SB. I believe mostly because of the cap situation. Clearly  if you use my path you could actual improve and strengthen a contending team. You know add a Deion Sanders to complete the puzzle. 

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dead money isn’t good. I see how it’s part of the process. I don’t hate 1 mil dead or anything like that. I just see the very obvious forest for the trees here. Building a new young team while capped out and spending all this money off future caps is problematic. I actually see great reasons to do it. But I just think and believe you start getting heavy backloading and pushing off cap hits heavier towards the future makes more sense to continue contending. Build up a quality team while clearing the cap first. Get to contending. Then the next several years you can actually upgrade and improve by backloading while having more free current cap. No real secret how the 2017 team headed to become the 2020 team for me. "I called it” as obvious as it gets. Now we have a brand new team with coaches. All being held back over the attempt at adding a fifth win in 2020. Just such obvious fiscal policy I am worn down explaining this point over and over. Just real simple actually. Clear cap, build team….sustain contending.

Again...very obvious to me how we went from 2017 to 2020 too.

Heard way back when on a philosophy I agree with.  Football prime are years 5-8.  It's the second contract. 

Look at 2017 team... all those players drafted between 2010- 13 for us.  Prime guys... Kelce, Brooks, Lane,  Cox, Graham, Curry, the bulk of the DL backups.   The LBs. McCloud, Jenkins.   

All prime guys.   Now look at 2020 and 2021 for that matter.   Go back to Lane Johnson being first pick in 2013... who you got to show in the next 4 drafts?   Seamulo and Barnett... that's it. 

But you think the cap situation was the reason?   Why... because you wanted to be able to bail out 4 years between Lane and Goedert of nothing to show out of the draft?     Can't have that bad of draft situation and think getting bailed out by cap is going to work.  

We are on the right track now...cap doesn't need to be cleared as much s we need to continue to draft well.  We keep the younger impact free agents...not spend on Cox, Hargrave or even the minimal impact position of RB with Sanders.  

Our future success should be determined on how many quality guys we have in their prime stages.  Can't go multiple drafts without anyone earning a second contract.... like 2020. 

I was clearly pointing out our downward trajectory. To me it was obvious we didn’t possess the team as good in 2020 as 2017. You don’t always know exactly the record. But realistic expectations should have been the path. Coaching makes a difference. But all this dead money crippled the team. Went straight downhill after the SB. I believe mostly because of the cap situation. Clearly  if you use my path you could actual improve and strengthen a contending team. You know add a Deion Sanders to complete the puzzle. 

Welp,I suspect you will be disappointed in 2023 because we are "all in" for this year and we just have TOO many players to re-sign and only 4 draft picks(thus far) if you think we will be a 5 year dynasty you WILL be disappointed. So it remains to be seen what the level of drop off will be next year. Some players will get better,old dudes need replaced. Howie is getting better at drafting which bodes well for us

Wouldn't pay either.

That’s a fair opinion. You are commuting the draft asset to the position. I’m open to considering all options towards the big picture of the roster. I can see paths that lead to paying a known RB being the best way to go. Pay the 7 mil and still have the starting RB and use the pick on the S because he would cost 20 mil. I’m not committed to anything right now. But I can say it all effects each other. Would love to just pay all top salary level guys or draft them high. Not a realistic plan however.

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah we blew alot of drafts(sigh) Glad we turned that around. I would be curious to know what happened behind the scenes(not that it matters just curious) that changed because the last 2 have been terrific

I'm back to my 70's roots,when I also had hair with roots lmao(it's not spiffy either)

Idk about the draft...except I feel they didn't try to outsmart people...stick to the basics and take your best player. 

You were using words that made me feel young again...lol.  Great memories of those times... got a big one coming up next week. Not feeling so young lately with halfway to the century mark on the horizon! 

33 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Never said that. But judging each move independent. Results in on that trade. It was a bust. If we picked a fourth rounder that gave zero production and only suited up a couple games…I’d judge that also.

The lineman from Penn State...same year as Sanders??? Then the QB to keep the factory going... great cap management there!

He got hurt,why is that "missing a mega drama?" I just rechecked to see if he was ahead of schedule coming back and he's not,so stop the BS already. losing Jimmy D was more dramatic for them

You can’t put that on me. Your post was referring to what Lance will do now that Jimmy G is out. That was just a poor post on your part. You came back and fixed it after with acknowledging  the mistake. But I simply follow the conversation and respond. Your terrible post got my response. That’s on you….whether you figure it out in later posts or not. The fault was clearly on you for the error of your bad post. Is what it is. But you aren’t going to blame me for you posting about how the original starter would take over now when the whole reason Jimmy G was playing was because he was injured. So don’t lash out at me about my BS ….responding to your terrible mistake. Just own your bad post.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Idk about the draft...except I feel they didn't try to outsmart people...stick to the basics and take your best player. 

You were using words that made me feel young again...lol.  Great memories of those times... got a big one coming up next week. Not feeling so young lately with halfway to the century mark on the horizon! 

I guess a better question would be why did we blow many of them? I mean guys here on this board could have picked better players. It was bothersome. No complaints on the last 2. These are 180's I can live with

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Your a pup!!! LOL Enjoy your youth It's groovy(this one pre dates you)

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You can’t put that on me. Your post was referring to what Lance will do now that Jimmy G is out. That was just a poor post on your part. You came back and fixed it after with acknowledging  the mistake. But I simply follow the conversation and respond. Your terrible post got my response. That’s on you….whether you figure it out in later posts or not. The fault was clearly on you for the error of your bad post. Is what it is. But you aren’t going to blame me for you posting about how the original starter would take over now when the whole reason Jimmy G was playing was because he was injured. So don’t lash out at me about my BS ….responding to your terrible mistake. Just own your bad post.

yes it was 3 minutes between posts,yet I didn't see you deleting your "bash "post. I corrected a mistake and you bashed me anyway how RUDE!!!! BTW there is a chance Lance could play in a pinch at years end(Jimmy also),but that would be a pressing mistake. You could have said "sorry I see you corrected your post" but NO let's bash while the bashing is good

Yeah...but boy did AJ and Smith work out. Miami took Waddle.  Who would you rather have ...Waddle or our two guys with using the same asset.   The 6th pick of the 2021 draft?  

It all depends... but my point.  At this stage it's all about the Saints getting the highest spot possible. I'm not worried about the next steps yet.   Not until after the season.  And really I'll be more focused on free agency first.

Think I’ve just been pointing out how great it would be to just be in a great position with this specific draft. Being able to take the No brainer player really works for me. So being in that position is just obviously better. You want Reggie White at pick 6 or you trading that pick back to win the Draft Wars? 

Watch it again,it was beautiful execution by the Oline-Kelce in particular. Even you could have strolled that in,but Hurts is GOD with you LOL

Again you don’t comprehend. Kelce they followed reading what we had been doing. This is getting exhausting with you. I clearly was giving all credit to playcall not Hurts. So yes easy TD because if playcall. I didn’t say Hurts did something incredible to score. Said PLAYCALL! Great coaching.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Again you don’t comprehend. Kelce they followed reading what we had been doing. This is getting exhausting with you. I clearly was giving all credit to playcall not Hurts. So yes easy TD because if playcall. I didn’t say Hurts did something incredible to score. Said PLAYCALL! Great coaching.

The play calling doesn't work UNLESS THE LINE EXECUTES it. This is getting exhausting with you

Now I'm exhaustipated

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They won the division and killed us last year. Your point is our way has produced better results over the last few seasons? Not seeing that. They blew the playoffs last year. Their HC has been their greatest downfall to me. Not cap management. Garrett and McCarthy suck. Not sure how your point revolves around Dallas looking like the best team last year sucked for them because they were capped out. They had a great team. Signing more FA wasn’t their downfall. 

My point is that they have won because they have had better drafts and player selections.   They don’t have success because of their ability to sign free agents that was caused by writing better contracts.  Imagine if they could sign free agents because they could actually manage the cap?

Let me ask you... in the salary cap era... compare Jerry Jones way to Jeffrey Lurie's way.  You can pin point some years ...but overall, I don't think it's coincidence the Eagles have had more success.

A lot of factors...but one huge advantage is that we have signed way more free agents due to having more cap space.   Especially since the Dream Team....which again bad player selections... the cap part that set it up was done very intelligently. 

Pure cap... Eagles smoke Dallas... if player selection is even ... Dallas has no shot.

Again you don’t comprehend.

More bashing yet you call ME rude. amazing stuff

I can run 3 plays(crap play calling). If my players can execute those 3 plays EVERY down,I will beat you with CRAP play calling because my players executed the plays. if you cannot stop those 3 plays I will win the game(yes this is extreme but the only way it works with you). So good play calling goes with execution. If they fail to execute was it a bad play call or lack of executing it?

32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s my point. All that ends up mattering is what you come out with. Reading the draft class is a huge part of doing that in my estimation however. What’s better just drafting Parsons at 6 or trading back adding picks to take Reagor and JJaw. It matters. Especially those really top elite guys. But just the fact we were just back from Chase and Pitts mattered. You don’t trade back from picking them. He felt he had to trade back because we weren’t getting them. That one spot back effected through whole draft plan.

Would you prefer Pitts or the combo of Smith and AJ.  Or would you take Chase over those 2?    

See...you need to stop being imprisoned by certain ideas.   You cam absolutely trade any asset... you need to make the right picks either way.  

But I would love a stud DL.  Not focused on that yet.  5 weeks to get the 1 seed and watch to see the pick get as high as possible.  A lot of teams to root for this week.

32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This can be the case sometimes. But I can see several teams our Oline doesn’t dominate. But when they create that hole….what happens? I see Sanders as a much bigger weapon and threat than any other back we have. He’s really constantly reading the holes well also. To me it could be that crucial difference in a first down or not. Maybe the difference of him taking it to the house on breaking through versus Scott getting 25 yards. Sanders playing great this year. 924 yards and 9 TDs. What the other guys done? Big dropoff from starter to backup at RB I see. Talking the big games to win it all I see it being a big factor. 

Yeah..big dropoff vs Tennessee for sure.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah..big dropoff vs Tennessee for sure.

Also big improvement for Sanders after his 0 TD's last year. And Sanders is gunning a bit harder in his contract year,no surprise,but lets not think he's been and annual stud for 4 years

Archived