Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

41 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Of course,but I'm not "happy for her"

Lol... so your take out of that... was her, not the point about the marine???... which ultimately was his main point that he had to defend?     

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So if they dominated the draft and brought in the top FA they still wouldn’t do crap in the postseason with their pathetic choice at HC.

So why do they let players walk like Coop???

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

924 yards and 9 TDs. Not bad….not bad at all. He clearly bulked up. He’s running over people. Flat laid out the Packer LBs more than once. Seems like you are hyper focused on a lower experienced player that the coaching staff clearly wasn’t favoring initially that got injured last season. I see a player that stepped up and forced the coaches to his side. Showed up and delivered up to his potential while just in his what? Fifth year of big football(1 year college play behind hog Barkley and now his 4th as a pro). He put in the work. Adapted his running style to more of a one cut runner. Lost the dancing and extra steps that lost yardage at times looking for the big play. So gives the more consistent positive yardage to keep down and distance more favorable. He forced these new coaches that didn’t pick him and seemingly weren’t fans of his to get on board with really appreciating him now. Wasn’t really given anything by them. Earned it the hard way. He really looks in great shape. I never pictured him as being the physical back he turned himself into this year. The guy has the lowest mileage possible being a fourth year pro RB. Clearly a player just entering his prime.

Sanders’ game does look better this year. Are you paying him a big contract to stay next year? He is a middle of the road RB behind a DOMINANT OLine. 
I’d pay Dalvin Cook, Henry, maybe Taylor, Chubb, Ekeler, for their 2nd contract. Maybe Jacobs too. The rest are just guys…replaceable. I’d put Barkley there too if not for the number of injuries.,

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lol... so your take out of that... was her, not the point about the marine???... which ultimately was his main point that he had to defend?     

Yep,I disagreed with that part. I wouldn't have said it

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The frustration for any Dallas fan has to be very clearly focused on wasting great rosters with terrible leading coaching. Just not even close….Garrett ….McCarthy…terrible!

Ham.... stop twisting the conversation. 

I'l ask this question. 

Why did the signings of Malik, DeSean and the extension of Alshon bother you?

Is it because by giving those contracts, that it prevented the Eagles from signing other free agents or keeping any players you wanted to keep?

Or just that you hate those guys?

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You are on a different planet my man.   

I'm live on earth...you are on planet Ham....also known as planet Spin...or planet Change the Subject

Hamityville Horror

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OH at 1 loss we need to have fear??? Don't you think the lesser team would have more fear against US??? if you're running scared you have no business in the NFL. Siri is still a green coach,he still has things to learn and he will learn them. That is not fear, that is a little inexperience. Siri isn't afraid,why should you be???

Why would anyone " fear " a loss from a sports team?     It's F$#King sports,not real life???

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Why would anyone " fear " a loss from a sports team?     It's F$#King sports,not real life???

IDK we shoulda folded up the tent when we lost to the wuss

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yep,I disagreed with that part. I wouldn't have said it

It's the minor part... not what he was criticized for. 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK we shoulda folded up the tent when we lost to the wuss

Lol

6 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Sanders’ game does look better this year. Are you paying him a big contract to stay next year? He is a middle of the road RB behind a DOMINANT OLine. 
I’d pay Dalvin Cook, Henry, maybe Taylor, Chubb, Ekeler, for their 2nd contract. Maybe Jacobs too. The rest are just guys…replaceable. I’d put Barkley there too if not for the number of injuries.,

I'll pay none of those guys. You have a young QB , great receiving weapons... the OL needs attention.   Paying a RB has never made sense... doing it at this particular stage really doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's the minor part... not what he was criticized for. 

Lol

yeah NP. All I said was I had a different opinion and stated why. life goes on(in fear) I answered the question,I get a gold star 😁

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So why do they let players walk like Coop???

Because Jerry Jones is cheap. We all know the salary cap has not affected Dallas at all.   He would never spend,  he is all about draft and development.  

They weren't forced into that due to not having cap space.  We just live in a different neighborhood and can't see this.  

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah NP. All I said was I had a different opinion and stated why. life goes on(in fear) I answered the question,I get a gold star 😁

Would have been nice to clear that up from start though huh?    I mean... I say I like 70s Rock music and name 10 bands ... you don't like one of them... a simple " I disagree or have a different opinion " isn't really accurate...lol.   but you did answer ...  very refreshing.   A normal conversation. 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Because Jerry Jones is cheap. We all know the salary cap has not affected Dallas at all.   He would never spend,  he is all about draft and development.  

They weren't forced into that due to not having cap space.  We just live in a different neighborhood and can't see this.  

Hamityville and Feartown are burbs of the Twlight Zone. it's about a 2 hour drive from "Reality"

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Would have been nice to clear that up from start though huh?    I mean... I say I like 70s Rock music and name 10 bands ... you don't like one of them... a simple " I disagree or have a different opinion " isn't really accurate...lol.   but you did answer ...  very refreshing.   A normal conversation. 

Well I was trying to avoid a political post so that was why

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hamityville and Feartown are burbs of the Twlight Zone. it's about a 2 hour drive from "Reality"

Dallas has been dominant in that neighborhood.   Similar to a poster on here.   They are their own biggest fans 

The true gold standard since the salary cap has been implemented. 

Just now, joemas6 said:

Dallas has been dominant in that neighborhood.   Similar to a poster on here.   They are their own biggest fans 

The true gold standard since the salary cap has been implemented. 

"America's team" (maybe South America they never specified) Texas have always been braggards for as long as I can remember. They were pretty miffed when the Oilers moved to Tennessee(bragging rights lost lol)

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well I was trying to avoid a political post so that was why

Lol.. still good for Parsons for sticking up for the military...while also avoiding the politics. That was my point.  

In today's culture it's difficult for any minority to express that opinion.. immediately he is an Uncle Tom or anti- LGBTQ.    

Dude simply expressed leaving the marine there was BS.  And got $h@t for it.  Stood his ground. Plus took a shot at political leaders.   Good for him.   

Next he can get Jerry to make him the highest paid defensive player of all time... in a Dallas style contract that eats up the cap space.   I'll like him even more.

30 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Dabol wont be on the field except during timeouts. The midgets MIGHT be able to force some turnovers and play a game like the skins, but the Eagles’ players are better…just have to be better on gameday. Division games are often crazy though.

It was nice to see(for me at least) the pass first offense. Been waiting to see that because it shows Hurts can be a complete QB and adjust to the situation at hand. He was not superman, he used the tools we gave him. Nice to see him take that step up(but what do I know I'm a hater)

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lol.. still good for Parsons for sticking up for the military...while also avoiding the politics. That was my point.  

In today's culture it's difficult for any minority to express that opinion.. immediately he is an Uncle Tom or anti- LGBTQ.    

Dude simply expressed leaving the marine there was BS.  And got $h@t for it.  Stood his ground. Plus took a shot at political leaders.   Good for him.   

Next he can get Jerry to make him the highest paid defensive player of all time... in a Dallas style contract that eats up the cap space.   I'll like him even more.

Agreed 25 million a year should cover it 🤣

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It was nice to see(for me at least) the pass first offense. Been waiting to see that because it shows Hurts can be a complete QB and adjust to the situation at hand. He was not superman, he used the tools we gave him. Nice to see him take that step up(but what do I know I'm a hater)

I gotta be honest.  I thought Hurts was better vs Indy and Washington.    Those games he made plays,  like himself.

Idk how throwing to a wide open AJ ( I think the graphic showed that its been 3 years since an NFL receiver was open by that amount , I think 15.6 yards? )   then he hit the CB in the shoulder pads.   Really had all day.  The few plays he was rushed a little he made bad throws.    I thought with more pressure the 2 weeks before he actually put his team in position to make plays. 

I know on planet Ham the defense won't step up in the playoffs,  but to me the prior two weeks was a better sign that Hurts can handle the adversity.  Tennessee,  I think was target practice.  

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Oh no.... he is going to get in the 30s for sure.

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

TJ Watt is over $28 mil per now.   Parsons can't get paid until after his 3rd year.... not until 2024.

Now the Eagles and the rest of the league will jump on it.  Dallas, who handles the cap so well... let's see what happens. 

Watch the controversy,  he will play year 4 without a deal, get the 5th year option..  but probably get overpaid going into 2025.  My guess first defensive player to get close to or over 40 mil per year. 

Dallas style... draft,  develop,  and overpay to screw up the cap.

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

TJ Watt is over $28 mil per now.   Parsons can't get paid until after his 3rd year.... not until 2024.

Now the Eagles and the rest of the league will jump on it.  Dallas, who handles the cap so well... let's see what happens. 

Watch the controversy,  he will play year 4 without a deal, get the 5th year option..  but probably get overpaid going into 2025.  My guess first defensive player to get close to or over 40 mil per year. 

Dallas style... draft,  develop,  and overpay to screw up the cap.

Yeah they need more comp picks in 2028. Planning ahead

20 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I gotta be honest.  I thought Hurts was better vs Indy and Washington.    Those games he made plays,  like himself.

Idk how throwing to a wide open AJ ( I think the graphic showed that its been 3 years since an NFL receiver was open by that amount , I think 15.6 yards? )   then he hit the CB in the shoulder pads.   Really had all day.  The few plays he was rushed a little he made bad throws.    I thought with more pressure the 2 weeks before he actually put his team in position to make plays. 

I know on planet Ham the defense won't step up in the playoffs,  but to me the prior two weeks was a better sign that Hurts can handle the adversity.  Tennessee,  I think was target practice.  

Oh no.... he is going to get in the 30s for sure.

True,but despite the time, it was still nice to see the passing game more (because that was their weakness). Now he just needs to speed up his delivery time

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

True,but despite the time, it was still nice to see the passing game more (because that was their weakness). Now he just needs to speed up his delivery time

Idk that it's been a weakness for Hurts to make easy throws.    I think I feel more confident in him than any other Eagles QB since probably Jaws.  Maybe Foles on the easy throws.    I've been looking at the ones with higher degree of difficulty.   Actually think he did better the weeks prior.  

But we do differ on this issue of when things are easy. You like the scoreboard to be lit up...I'm more looking at what happens in the situation that is more difficult.  That's where you could see 2017 we were the best...the way we put up points in Carolina, LA and vs Denver... 

I think a better sign was how we scored vs Washington in a game we turned it over 3 times ( not counting the last lateral) and they controlled the ball.  Or coming back vs Indy.   

Tennessee to me was target practice, the more important thing was how our run D looked.  

Hurts played well the prior weeks without the fanfare due to ok stats. ..  vs Tennessee it was prime example of the QB benefiting from the situation.  The stats came too easy, not due to his play per se. 

Archived