Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

That's great....again my point...  none of the reasons for Dallas being a good roster were due to their being able to spend money on free agents.   They drafted well.   

Imagine if they could sign a free agents that's the point.

So if they dominated the draft and brought in the top FA they still wouldn’t do crap in the postseason with their pathetic choice at HC. Most people had them as the most talented team last year. They haven’t lacked quality players. I believe Dak is overrated. I’m biased…but I also think that is the other factor. But many think he’s very good. His second half stats this year I can’t deny being phenomenal. They’ve had a top Oline for years. Zeke been a top RB. Have Pollard actually overtake him. Ceedee Lamb is a legit number one WR. Kept Gallup the speedster that compliments Lamb. Drafted a WR day two. Had underrated TE. Arguably best defensive player in Parsons. Quality pass rusher in Lawrence they kept. Big boys inside on the Dline Hankins and such. Plenty of quality  LBing. Brought in a S. Have a decent corner opposite Diggs. Diggs is the chance taker. He makes big plays but falls for pump fakes and double moves as a cost. So what’s the complaint about their roster? Looks like one of the top team personnel wise in the NFC to me. This is after they arguably had the most talented team last season. I can maybe have my bias throw shade against Dak….but stine and No Mas….you guys are stretching things to make a point that Dallas isn’t one of the most talented teams in the whole conference. HC? That’s their huge flaw. Favored and more talented going into playoff games..but not winning ANY. Garrett….McCarthy…Garrett….McCarthy….they suck….thank GOD!

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loaded without being able to sign free agents for a decade.  Imagine the frustration of a Dallas fan ...thinking if we could just sign one so we could have a better roster?

What I’ve seen of Dallas fans….is them beating their chest how they are the best in the league. Talking about winning the SB week 8 last year. I clearly must be living in a different neighborhood than you. 

It pretty simple isn't it.  It’s one point.  Has nothing to do with anything else.   Very stubborn or ignorant not getting the point.  Not sure which one is the problem. 

Cowboys are 9-3. One loss coming to us under their backup QB. Most talented team in the league last year(at least arguably). I don’t see the Vikes as more talented than the cowboys even though they have a better record. So it’s easy to make the point they are the second most TALENTED team in the NFC. Before the season seemed all the media types were split on whether they or us would win the division. But sure..,,your point is last years most talented team was hamstring but not being able to bring in big time FAs. Couldn’t bring in the big FAs this year either. They draft and develop their way to having one of the top rosters in the NFC back to back. But our Rosie Magic contracts you are saying will keep our top roster intact while also bringing in big FA this offseason….your big difference point between us and them. I don’t see it. I don’t think we will bring in big FA or be able to keep all our top talent. If you compare us this year to them last year….I’d expect we’ll lose more talent than they just did. Out of five years we could bring in some well proved FA options. Couldn’t afford the big S but utilized draft picks to acquire a cheap one year rental. The most obvious and glaring reason….they are already paying their franchise QB. We have ours on the super cheap second round rookie contract.

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Loaded without being able to sign free agents for a decade.  Imagine the frustration of a Dallas fan ...thinking if we could just sign one so we could have a better roster?

The frustration for any Dallas fan has to be very clearly focused on wasting great rosters with terrible leading coaching. Just not even close….Garrett ….McCarthy…terrible!

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Mariota benched. We get to see the new QB(Ridder) from cincy (university of) in ATL. I really liked this kid,let's see what he's got. Falcons are going with the future

I’ve been thinking that Mariota actually wasn’t terrible the whole time. But he screws the pooch most everytime at some point in each game. I had the crazy outside the box thinking they could play Mariota…but just should have been being in Ridder in the second half before Mariota could do his consistent sh17 the bed! But I agree in liking Ridder. I’m not ALL about Ridder….but think he will be decent. Poor Pitts been stuck in the middle of all that crap. Dude is an unstoppable force whether you call him a TE or WR. I see Pitts comparatively to AJ. Pitts is bigger and faster though. Think that highly of that kid! ATL sucks though. That stadium is flat out opulent. Unbelievable! All those Chick-Fil-As inside that stay closed on gamedays. But anybody ever gone to a game there knows….traffic is impossible! I mean you just can’t get out of that city. Events or Gameday….forget it. Every city after a game has crazy traffic. ATL takes the traffic jam levels to the power of ten. Now at least I know. Anybody here ever come across future plans to go there hopefully heed these words to just not even try for hours. Go to the Georgia Aquarium. Best I’ve ever been to. Absolutely incredible. Go drink at the very overpriced downtown bars. Setup a tent and Monopoly in the parking lot. Don’t remotely think you are getting out of there within hours. 

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

You don't feel the marine should have been included to come home?  You prefer just the basketball player get to come home?

Of course,but I'm not "happy for her"

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was looking at him getting paid for being in MVP contention. Not sure how that’s a low bar when you are talking about drafting his replacement still while I’m envisioning this. But that’s your issue. You had no vision. Just was so easy to see a guy with the strongest work ethic and dedication to continue improving. Hurts is clearly a driven man! Your bar was Wentz. My bar in Hurts….much much higher….just clearly. Maybe a Wentz will come be third string behind Shew next season.

Once again hindsight,you never called him an MVP before we played anyone 

Sure you can’t fumble the snap and expect to be successful. Execution has to be on point for any playcall. Can even overcome a mediocre play called. But the Hurts game winning TD was playcall. We executed, yes. But Steichen saw they were overplaying Kelce being the pulling lead blocker. Shutting us down all day. So he finally switched it up and had Hurts delay and not follow. Colts completely hit and overplayed the pulling Kelce. Easy score. Execution: yeah they couldn’t completely screw it up. But that is the definition of a great playcall.

Nice you agree that is was execution,which I have said all along. Standard play that was executed We've never run a delay or a draw play? Any play is a good play if it's executed

I was looking at him getting paid for being in MVP contention. Not sure how that’s a low bar when you are talking about drafting his replacement still while I’m envisioning this. But that’s your issue. You had no vision. Just was so easy to see a guy with the strongest work ethic and dedication to continue improving. Hurts is clearly a driven man! Your bar was Wentz. My bar in Hurts….much much higher….just clearly. Maybe a Wentz will come be third string behind Shew next season.

LMAO oh now you're setting my bars for me? I had the same bar for Hurts as I did for Wentz. Last year you predicted an MVP run for Hurts this year? Most normal people were waiting for this year to see if he was NFL caliber because last year basically proved nothing. Off season moves gave Hurts every weapon known to man in the NFL. He would really have to make an attempt not to succeed. When ANYONE on here criticized Hurts we were called "haters" "not fans" "clueless" " Wentz lovers" and every other name in the book for simply wanting Hurts to PROVE IT because our bar was higher. It got so bad at one point your bar was on the floor and you still managed to get under it(limbo). I'm happy Hurts progressed,but there was zero way to know this after last years BS easy beat up 3rd stringers season and he still need to win 2 post season games in my view because this years schedule isn't exactly daunting(yet we lost to the wuss). Your bar for Hurts was WAY WAY WAY under anyone elses on here,so stop lying to yourself. Your going to need more room on your lawn for the 2nd bronzed Hurts statue  

But thank you for clearly proving I answered the question and clearly had a player in mind that I posted more than once. How No Mas can complain and complain about him being a third S. You know his name. All this really seems counter to all the BS calling me out for not doing….what I clearly did….more than twice. So thanks for at least paying attention to that part.

No list(crickets) You're a legend in your own mind

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Giants are our sworn enemy. Daboll is above average O mind. Going to be a dogfight tooth and nail. Always becomes an ugly grind out affair. I’m going way out on a limb with this weeks prediction. Calling for Covey with a big return. Probably not DJax level….but finally some ST contribution.

Eagles win by atleast 14.

Sounds like your point is Sanders gets the majority of the RB snaps because he’s clearly the best option. Non mystery solved! 

Such an awesome option last year he got ZERO TD's. ZERO!!!!! That had to be worth 5 million anyhow. Actually with those piss stats he should have given 1/2 his salary back in disgrace. I'm glad he picked a contract year to finally put up some numbers

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

McCarthy was gifted a great roster. Added Parsons and Diggs even to that. I just can’t see the complaint being the cowboys don’t have talent. They’ve had contending level talent with Garrett and certainly the whole time with McCarthy. ARod was right to butt heads calling McCarthy a moron. Duh duh duh….I’m not complaining mind you. Absolutely love it!

Nobody is complaining they don't have talent.  What has been said is that they don't add the talent through free agency because they can't... due to poor cap management. 

It has to do with what you clearly are missing in this whole conversation we are having on this topic. Contact, touches, wear and tear are being closely monitored. It’s not just starting right now with trying to get guys to the postseason from here. It’s the whole journey. Managing getting guys through TC all the way to playing at a high level in the SB. That’s the task. The main goal. Not earning paychecks each week recklessly without prioritizing the postseason.

Wow another"don't get the point" post

The guy has the lowest mileage possible

Hmm wonder why this is???? Mystery theater

Evidently it very much is. Because this is rehashed thoughts. Is everybody else here tired of hearing about my plan of approach to the 2022 draft? I’m thinking so. But if you really can’t remember and are curious just scroll back through…it’s all right there. I thank the rest of the Board for your patience on this overdid used topic. My thoughts are very well documented here.

No list(crickets) Could have avoided 12 pages of posts with a simple list-nope(more crickets)

But thank you for clearly proving I answered the question and clearly had a player in mind that I posted more than once. How No Mas can complain and complain about him being a third S. You know his name. All this really seems counter to all the BS calling me out for not doing….what I clearly did….more than twice. So thanks for at least paying attention to that part.

So Dax is the player you prefer over the Saints package?   

You would trade the picks for Dax now?

So he can gel with Maddox?   

This is a nice example of my point. I didn’t want to remotely rush this monster of a man coming back on an injured ankle. I clearly don’t want to ruin his whole career doing harm. But just was hoping to have him ready to go for that cowboys matchup. But most importantly this season need him to be full go for the playoffs. So I’m absolutely fine resting him week 14 or whatever….not resting him postseason….looking to play our best postseason with everybody giving everything. Priorities being NFC Championship game over week 14. Seems like an obvious most basic concept I thought we all just understood. But yet here I’ve had to explain it over and over like it hadn’t been the way most have operated for decades of football.

I know!!!!! Lets allow the coach to make those calls!!!! What an amazing idea!!!! I'm a genius!!!! I understand this is foreign to you,but give it a shot. You think he was drafted in round 1 because he wanted to sit around and collect a check? Do you not understand these guys want to play as much as possible(especially rookies).

Sounds like your point is Sanders gets the majority of the RB snaps because he’s clearly the best option. Non mystery solved! 

And I wouldn't give him top ten RB money.   

I didn’t see the offense full tilt against Titans. They are great against the run….poor against the pass. We didn’t run. We lopsided took advantage of passing all over them. I might be nitpicking what you said here. Full tilt meaning we completely dominated them is accurate. Just pointing out it wasn’t balanced. 
   But the just lack of respect for our hated rival astonishes me. It’s like you guys are forgetting all these times these two have played each other. It’s most times a knock out drag out battle. They will be playing desperate. Big hits. Probably some dirty ankle twisting and eye gouging. Let’s see how many of our guys are wearing protective face shields in their helmets. Not sure you guys are quite grasping the hiring of Dabol either. Very opposite the cowboys he’s a strong coach. He’s been studying us like an addiction ever since his hire. That concerns me. I’ve mentioned my biggest fear beyond injury is being exposed. Dabol is a guy I fear might have noticed just some such things. Is he noticing playcalling tendencies? Individual little tells or weaknesses? I expect he’s going to give his best blueprint on how to attack Gannon. Scheme/personnel however. I’m sure the whole league will be studying what Dabol keys against us.

LMAO YAY we finally got to see "Hurts the passer" Been waiting all year for that "PASS FIRST"mentality and it was FINALLY on display. He's a terrific runner,but still was waiting to see this receiver offense we invested in. he did a good job,but once again why YOUR BAR is lower than mine. Thanks for proving my point

But the just lack of respect for our hated rival astonishes me.

Who the hell said that???? Are "the voices" back? 

I didn’t see the offense full tilt against Titans. They are great against the run….poor against the pass. We didn’t run. We lopsided took advantage of passing all over them. I might be nitpicking what you said here. Full tilt meaning we completely dominated them is accurate. Just pointing out it wasn’t balanced. 
   But the just lack of respect for our hated rival astonishes me. It’s like you guys are forgetting all these times these two have played each other. It’s most times a knock out drag out battle. They will be playing desperate. Big hits. Probably some dirty ankle twisting and eye gouging. Let’s see how many of our guys are wearing protective face shields in their helmets. Not sure you guys are quite grasping the hiring of Dabol either. Very opposite the cowboys he’s a strong coach. He’s been studying us like an addiction ever since his hire. That concerns me. I’ve mentioned my biggest fear beyond injury is being exposed. Dabol is a guy I fear might have noticed just some such things. Is he noticing playcalling tendencies? Individual little tells or weaknesses? I expect he’s going to give his best blueprint on how to attack Gannon. Scheme/personnel however. I’m sure the whole league will be studying what Dabol keys against us.

Dabol wont be on the field except during timeouts. The midgets MIGHT be able to force some turnovers and play a game like the skins, but the Eagles’ players are better…just have to be better on gameday. Division games are often crazy though.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah, they’ve been a draft and develop team. So signing their own FA players that are playing at a high level has been their basic operation. Seems pretty ideal really. Pretty much how Green Bay has always been run. I almost can’t even remember Green Bay having back to back bad seasons. They’ve consistently been a contender the whole time I’ve watched football. Not sure how that’s a bad thing? 

But your point is that we are so brilliant with contracts that we can keep our stellar team intact this offseason while adding big FA also, right? Because I don’t see that happening at all. I see us losing plenty of talent and earning comp picks because the losses I expect to be so quality. I don’t see us bringing in big FA either. I see our focus being signing players already in house. We couldn’t bring in any good FA in 2019, 2020 and clearly nothing in 2021. Now I’d be surprised if we can keep all our talent AND add big FA guys also. So your point of Rosie Magic contracts enabling us retaking talent while bringing in big outside FA I’m not really seeing. I see us doing what you are championing one year pretty much out of five. We even did that in the bank account of 2025 and beyond. One year contracts spread with signing bonus everywhere but year they are playing. The contracts are so bad couldn’t even fire Rosie after 2020….it was a total cluster that pretty much only he could unscrew. Would have been extremely hard at that point to convince any quality candidate to take the job over. Rosie has his brilliances. One of those being he dug such a deep hole he couldn’t be replaced. That bought him the extra chances to thrive to save his butt. No margin for error though. He hasn’t just spent this years….or next years cap. He’s primarily spending years in advance cap dollars. This offseason he’s going write checks spending so many future years dollars like we’ve never seen. 

Wow... that's a long post without the simple acknowledgement that everyone chimed in today to try to get you to understand. 

Not only haven't they had cap space for a decade or so to sign free agents, they have to release guys.   Stine listed all the guys this year.

You just can't acknowledged this and have to change the subject... it's what you do.   It's a very narcissistic characteristic.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What I’ve seen of Dallas fans….is them beating their chest how they are the best in the league. Talking about winning the SB week 8 last year. I clearly must be living in a different neighborhood than you. 

You are on a different planet my man.   

I'm live on earth...you are on planet Ham....also known as planet Spin...or planet Change the Subject

That concerns me. I’ve mentioned my biggest fear beyond injury is being exposed.

OH at 1 loss we need to have fear??? Don't you think the lesser team would have more fear against US??? if you're running scared you have no business in the NFL. Siri is still a green coach,he still has things to learn and he will learn them. That is not fear, that is a little inexperience. Siri isn't afraid,why should you be???

Scheme/personnel however. I’m sure the whole league will be studying what Dabol keys against us.

You mean like how the Bucs shut us down last year? Once again I am back to execution(which you call play calling) and IDC who we play,execute the plays and you win the game. Last year vs the bucs we failed to EXECUTE (even on good play calls)

Archived