Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Philadelphia Eagles

10-1 · .452

Biggest needs: DB, Edge, DL

Week 13 opponent: vs. Titans

DP: Philly has an embarrassment of riches, with the first-round pick acquired from the Saints knocking on the door of the top five. The biggest needs for the Eagles are on defense, but it appears they will be in position to select one the best prospects available, regardless of position, in 2023.                                         So they have the same positional needs that we all seem to agree on

DB(is actually a corner and two S)

Edge we have Reddick making bank.

RB is an obvious need.

LB is an obvious need. We have Dean and Bradley I think.

RG is a need. Driscoll maybe. Or keep Kelce and Jergens steps in at RG. Most likely draft RT that starts out at RG. Learns next to Big Lane for a couple seasons.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Once again hindsight,you never called him an MVP before we played anyone 

I didn’t call him MVP. But while you guys were discussing him getting paid. I was talking about the many options. The main one I felt he clearly would sign after was contending for MVP. So not hindsight. I clearly was talking about it. Really considered it a real possibility. So yes, while you were still calling him One read and run and not considering him a legit starting QB this offseason…I was contemplating his rise to being elite. I’ve just been on a complete different page than you when it comes to Hurts. But you gotta give me credit when it’s due. I was talking MVP before TC.

20 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Idk that it's been a weakness for Hurts to make easy throws.    I think I feel more confident in him than any other Eagles QB since probably Jaws.  Maybe Foles on the easy throws.    I've been looking at the ones with higher degree of difficulty.   Actually think he did better the weeks prior.  

But we do differ on this issue of when things are easy. You like the scoreboard to be lit up...I'm more looking at what happens in the situation that is more difficult.  That's where you could see 2017 we were the best...the way we put up points in Carolina, LA and vs Denver... 

I think a better sign was how we scored vs Washington in a game we turned it over 3 times ( not counting the last lateral) and they controlled the ball.  Or coming back vs Indy.   

Tennessee to me was target practice, the more important thing was how our run D looked.  

Hurts played well the prior weeks without the fanfare due to ok stats. ..  vs Tennessee it was prime example of the QB benefiting from the situation.  The stats came too easy, not due to his play per se. 

That's a fair analysis.

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

DB(is actually a corner and two S)

Edge we have Reddick making bank.

RB is an obvious need.

LB is an obvious need. We have Dean and Bradley I think.

RG is a need. Driscoll maybe. Or keep Kelce and Jergens steps in at RG. Most likely draft RT that starts out at RG. Learns next to Big Lane for a couple seasons.

We have 4 picks(at this time) these were the needs based on fans votes,so whatever>yes I understand DB covers 2 positions(lmao). IDK why RB is an obvious need??

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Nice you agree that is was execution,which I have said all along. Standard play that was executed We've never run a delay or a draw play? Any play is a good play if it's executed

Clearly broke it down to playcall. On a day Steichen was struggling on plays. We couldn’t move their interior Dline. Up the middle up the middle we tried again and again. Dumb. Strength of their D. Hurts has to go to the side and as lib the bad playcalls at the end. But you’re missing the brilliance of Steichen playcall on the game winning TD. Such a great call it was an easy TD for Hurts to complete. Totally sucked in their D on the false read. Of coarse we struggled all game long because the Colts were killing us by knowing Kelce was the pulling lead block on those plays. So you could say it’s why the game was on the line in the first place. They dominated us and shut it down. But finally Steichen realized and suckered them in. I was harsh on Steichen last season. Wasn’t a big fan of the hire. But am appreciating him much more this season. Can admit that I might have not given him enough due credit. He’s really having a good season this year. A few games he struggled. But several he has been outstanding.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t call him MVP. But while you guys were discussing him getting paid. I was talking about the many options. The main one I felt he clearly would sign after was contending for MVP. So not hindsight. I clearly was talking about it. Really considered it a real possibility. So yes, while you were still calling him One read and run and not considering him a legit starting QB this offseason…I was contemplating his rise to being elite. I’ve just been on a complete different page than you when it comes to Hurts. But you gotta give me credit when it’s due. I was talking MVP before TC.

IMO he is along way from "elite". We gave him a superior team around him,no need for him to be elite. Easy schedule(again) and while I would sign him he still has  any thing to prove before "elite" status(such as multiple winning seasons vs harder opponents and post season wins under his belt). He is "elite" in fantasy if that makes you feel better

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Clearly broke it down to playcall. On a day Steichen was struggling on plays. We couldn’t move their interior Dline. Up the middle up the middle we tried again and again. Dumb. Strength of their D. Hurts has to go to the side and as lib the bad playcalls at the end. But you’re missing the brilliance of Steichen playcall on the game winning TD. Such a great call it was an easy TD for Hurts to complete. Totally sucked in their D on the false read. Of coarse we struggled all game long because the Colts were killing us by knowing Kelce was the pulling lead block on those plays. So you could say it’s why the game was on the line in the first place. They dominated us and shut it down. But finally Steichen realized and suckered them in. I was harsh on Steichen last season. Wasn’t a big fan of the hire. But am appreciating him much more this season. Can admit that I might have not given him enough due credit. He’s really having a good season this year. A few games he struggled. But several he has been outstanding.

I'm talking about that 1 play, so more subject changing. I'm not going through an entire play by play analysis

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So yes, while you were still calling him One read and run

He was and like Joe said he could have read "war and peace" in the pocket last week. But once again it's because my bar is higher. He still needs to become proficient at 3-4 reads EVERY snap and get the ball out, not having all day to make those decisions. He is progressing nicely. Looking forward to seeing how he plays vs Dullaz when it's not their BU's

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Mean neither... from what I saw... he tweeted how he was disappointed that the marine was not included in the exchange that was made for Greiner. 

He got flack for it...  didn't back down, explained while he is happy for her, that he has family members in the military and how important they are to this country.  Basically stating he is not a fan of the former or current president.  

I like guys that stick up for things and aren't afraid to say that aren't brainwashed by either side.

I can appreciate him doing that. Not high on Parsons thoughts or character though. Will admit I don’t really have any real inside info to back up feeling this way. Just second hand rumors and opinions. Picture him as a thug that’s a heck of an athlete. My understanding was everybody considered him elite athlete….but his slide was based on character red flags. So Dallas was a perfect fit. Their speciality. Zeke beating on his crack head women being a leader. On and on with their thugs on their payroll. Jerry seems to know exactly how to deal with those types arguably better than anybody else. I really appreciate we aren’t like that. I care mostly about how they play football. But it is really nice to feel we have really quality character players. We’ve focused on that by also believing that strong character pays off more reliably. Not getting arrested and work hard. It makes a difference, doesn’t it? Our players are easy to root for. I believe even if you aren’t an Eags fan. 

Well these collection of coaches are still learning to work together and trying to give siri(still a green coach really) what he asks them to provide. The support staff needs to understand what the head coach is after and that takes some time to develop. it's not like this bunch has been together for 6 years. Gannon overall doing ok. He has good players to work with. He will get better also. Schwartz never had the caliber of players we gave Gannon. Just want them to "gel" and "peak" in about 5 weeks lol

IMO I would like to see the ST's pick things up,I am a bit disappointed there

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO oh now you're setting my bars for me? I had the same bar for Hurts as I did for Wentz. Last year you predicted an MVP run for Hurts this year? Most normal people were waiting for this year to see if he was NFL caliber because last year basically proved nothing. Off season moves gave Hurts every weapon known to man in the NFL. He would really have to make an attempt not to succeed. When ANYONE on here criticized Hurts we were called "haters" "not fans" "clueless" " Wentz lovers" and every other name in the book for simply wanting Hurts to PROVE IT because our bar was higher. It got so bad at one point your bar was on the floor and you still managed to get under it(limbo). I'm happy Hurts progressed,but there was zero way to know this after last years BS easy beat up 3rd stringers season and he still need to win 2 post season games in my view because this years schedule isn't exactly daunting(yet we lost to the wuss). Your bar for Hurts was WAY WAY WAY under anyone elses on here,so stop lying to yourself. Your going to need more room on your lawn for the 2nd bronzed Hurts statue  

Your bar was Wentz. Didn’t want to move on from him for Hurts. To me my bar was higher. Yes most were contemplating whether Hurts was NFL caliber like you said. I WAS CONTEMPLATING HIM BEING IN MVP contention. This is all just fact.

After tonights CRAP performance,I have to put LV in the "we need a QB" group. Carr should be FINISHED in LV

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Your bar was Wentz. Didn’t want to move on from him for Hurts. To me my bar was higher. Yes most were contemplating whether Hurts was NFL caliber like you said. I WAS CONTEMPLATING HIM BEING IN MVP contention. This is all just fact.

YOU keep saying that,I NEVER EVER said that.Stop LYING about me saying that. More BS. Your bar is higher? That's a joke. Then prove it by not arse kissing Hurts hiney. Funny you never mentioned MVP in week 1???? Nope, try again. Who put us in position to win the SB?? It wasn't Hurts lol

Such an awesome option last year he got ZERO TD's. ZERO!!!!! That had to be worth 5 million anyhow. Actually with those piss stats he should have given 1/2 his salary back in disgrace. I'm glad he picked a contract year to finally put up some numbers

I’ve explained why I think things went that way. But you sign a guy for what he’s going to do….not already done. In his case…he’s clearly on the up.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve explained why I think things went that way. But you sign a guy for what he’s going to do….not already done. In his case…he’s clearly on the up.

Zero TD's. Piss poor reason to pay if you base it on last year.This year is a CONTRACT year. Don't you think he's pushing a little harder?

Wow another"don't get the point" post

Hmm wonder why this is???? Mystery theater

Saquan Barkley dominated college and really was a workhorse. No shame in that. He played great his one season after Barkley when he got the nod. But expecting him to be as polished as Barkley would have been foolish. Just not every player peaks as rookie NFL players. A guy only getting one college season ….taking him until his fourth season to flourish actually seems quite predictable. But no doubt his past two seasons were disappointing. He either had to answer the bell and step up or be considered less than a starting caliber player. Looking great this season without question.

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Saquan Barkley dominated college and really was a workhorse. No shame in that. He played great his one season after Barkley when he got the nod. But expecting him to be as polished as Barkley would have been foolish. Just not every player peaks as rookie NFL players. A guy only getting one college season ….taking him until his fourth season to flourish actually seems quite predictable. But no doubt his past two seasons were disappointing. He either had to answer the bell and step up or be considered less than a starting caliber player. Looking great this season without question.

I can agree to all this, a rarity LOL. he looks alot better now that Hurts has discovered he has weapons to pass to and has stopped the ball hogging. I'm fine if he runs,he's good at it,but nice to see him using the other guys we pay for and giving them some much needed stats

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK he leaves a veteran behind and exchanges for someone who hates america,so my opinion differs,but to each his own. Thanks for filling me in

She is a well known pro athlete. Whole world saw what was happening to her. Just couldn’t let her go down that hard over our countries not agreeing with each other. I’m not lowering a military prisoner value. But she was very high profile. World perception was at stake. Whole world watching her get railroaded. Really bad look for our power and influence to let them do all that. Good/bad right/wrong can’t let countries blatantly disrespect our citizens and flaunt it to the world. Celebrity is what made the world pay attention. Think there is a certain acceptance of a military member being at risk of enemies imprisonment. Kind of comes with the job.

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Well you know Bark has alot more wear on his tread than Sanders,because they USE him. It's nice to see we are getting a decent return on our investment from him this year,but once again it's a contract year,so you push harder to get the loot. I just don't think he is worth what everyone else thinks he is. I would opt for the top Oline where any RB can excel(just like we surrounded Hurts with top weaponry,so he is excelling) How would Hurts do in say Chicago? It's very hard to argue it would take a sincere effort to fail on Hurts part

She is a well known pro athlete. Whole world saw what was happening to her. Just couldn’t let her go down that hard over our countries not agreeing with each other. I’m not lowering a military prisoner value. But she was very high profile. World perception was at stake. Whole world watching her get railroaded. Really bad look for our power and influence to let them do all that. Good/bad right/wrong can’t let countries blatantly disrespect our citizens and flaunt it to the world. Celebrity is what made the world pay attention. Think there is a certain acceptance of a military member being at risk of enemies imprisonment. Kind of comes with the job.

She hates America and has outright stated it. How did she get railroaded by breaking their laws? Laws vary from country to country. If you're that stupid........... yes this was the highest rated trade in WNBA history. She would have broken the law in a host of other countries(not just Russia) I'm curious to see if she still hates America,but back to football

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Nobody is complaining they don't have talent.  What has been said is that they don't add the talent through free agency because they can't... due to poor cap management. 

They don’t add FA because they are too focused on retaining their own talent. How is it poor cap management to be considered the, arguably, most talented team in the NFC two straight years?  But then you also are countering it with our brilliance in getting FA because of Rosie Magic contracts. Yet we haven’t been able to bring in much over five years with making an easy assumption of this coming offseason. We did this year. But don’t you expect we mostly sign our own players and not spend tons on other teams FA? I’m not arguing cowboys blueprint draft and develop. But bad contracts isn’t the reason they aren’t signing FA. They are spending on their own players to extensions. What I’d call ideal really. Compared it to the best known team that has operated that way Green Bay. How is it negative to be the top talent team two years going(or at least one of)?

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They don’t add FA because they are too focused on retaining their own talent

Sure as long as they are on rook contracts(most teams do this). If this was true, Coop et al would still have a star on their unis?  I'm out HF

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So Dax is the player you prefer over the Saints package?   

You would trade the picks for Dax now?

So he can gel with Maddox?   

Well I clearly stated the Saints pick had to be top ten to be worth it. Looks like it is. But yeah our S room was/is light. Traded for CGJ way after draft remember too. But yeah gel with Maddox. Edwards. Sort out his fit with both our starting S that are pending FA. You know, actually know how the tandem will look by actually seeing it. Other option is guessing the fit this next offseason which is what we’ll do. Even with the Saints pick actually looking to come through as top ten….I still am torn. That pick does nothing to help this years contending team. So having that top talent high pick 4.3 S as the Dime and backup really looking like a need. Obviously feeling it would make 2022 Eags a better team. So if expectations are number one seed and reaching SB it’s real hard to say no he wouldn’t help.

2 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Dabol wont be on the field except during timeouts. The midgets MIGHT be able to force some turnovers and play a game like the skins, but the Eagles’ players are better…just have to be better on gameday. Division games are often crazy though.

This is a fair assessment. Watched too many games where the lesser talented division rival wins over the years though. Also they are most likely fairly desperate and hungry. Siri has been pretty astounding getting our guys ready each and every week. Siri could end up coach of the year. But I give the nod to Dabol. He’s going to counter whatever Gannon tries. Lesser players with ideal playcall can work. Big game for Gannon here.

Archived