Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Wow... that's a long post without the simple acknowledgement that everyone chimed in today to try to get you to understand. 

Not only haven't they had cap space for a decade or so to sign free agents, they have to release guys.   Stine listed all the guys this year.

You just can't acknowledged this and have to change the subject... it's what you do.   It's a very narcissistic characteristic.

Alright I’m done with you. You beating the name calling of narcissistic to death using it against me for every different reason under the sun. The only reason you do that is because your hiding behind the internet. I’d pummel you into oblivion the first moment you said that to me in person. But you aren’t a guy that would remotely have the balls to say that to me in person. You have internet muscles. Just low character trait of poor actual defense so trying to name call instead on every point to make yourself feel better. I’m done with reading or responding anymore to anything you have to say now after this. I got a name for you also…Little B17ch!! Believe you are that complete pu22y that acts tough on the internet. See a little kid on the street getting robbed and you run the other way out of fear. No backbone in you! Feel bad for your cousin he was so depressed he actually married you. Keep that family tree a stick buddy!

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t call him MVP. But while you guys were discussing him getting paid. I was talking about the many options. The main one I felt he clearly would sign after was contending for MVP. So not hindsight. I clearly was talking about it. Really considered it a real possibility. So yes, while you were still calling him One read and run and not considering him a legit starting QB this offseason…I was contemplating his rise to being elite. I’ve just been on a complete different page than you when it comes to Hurts. But you gotta give me credit when it’s due. I was talking MVP before TC.

You were saying it was unfair to consider him having to be MVP candidate.   You weren't saying you were expecting him to be.  Stop it.  

A new soap opera... " As the Ham Spins" 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He was and like Joe said he could have read "war and peace" in the pocket last week. But once again it's because my bar is higher. He still needs to become proficient at 3-4 reads EVERY snap and get the ball out, not having all day to make those decisions. He is progressing nicely. Looking forward to seeing how he plays vs Dullaz when it's not their BU's

Don't misquote me GB...  I said " not only did Hurts have time to make a sandwich,he had time to grab the mayo jar, go to the drawer to grab a knife and spread the mayo on really well first "     much more specific than having all day to throw.   

Best OL in the game... 4 man rush never gets close.   When th3 extra guy and Miles Sanders has to block.... that's when we see trouble. 

Que... " oh really No Mas, and 12 statistics about sacks, pressures etc."  With spin trying to put that on the OL.  A bad game for the OL is slightly controlling the opponent. We are used to them dominating. 

I can appreciate him doing that. Not high on Parsons thoughts or character though. Will admit I don’t really have any real inside info to back up feeling this way. Just second hand rumors and opinions. Picture him as a thug that’s a heck of an athlete. My understanding was everybody considered him elite athlete….but his slide was based on character red flags. So Dallas was a perfect fit. Their speciality. Zeke beating on his crack head women being a leader. On and on with their thugs on their payroll. Jerry seems to know exactly how to deal with those types arguably better than anybody else. I really appreciate we aren’t like that. I care mostly about how they play football. But it is really nice to feel we have really quality character players. We’ve focused on that by also believing that strong character pays off more reliably. Not getting arrested and work hard. It makes a difference, doesn’t it? Our players are easy to root for. I believe even if you aren’t an Eags fan. 

I thought the knock on Parsons was not playing during Covid 2020 season?   The idea was that it was selfish?   There were other issues there that were considered red flags?? 

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sure as long as they are on rook contracts(most teams do this). If this was true, Coop et al would still have a star on their unis?  I'm out HF

Cooper is expensive and can easily be considered on decline. Ceedee Lamb is a number one. It’s his time. Can’t pay everybody. Do you expect we keep everybody this offseason? They don’t bring in FA. They do like the Packers…draft and develop. Seems like right up your alley of philosophy. FA aren’t cheap almost by definition. The basic reason for FA is to cover for your weakness drafting. Packers I’ve seen as arguably the most successful consistent franchise in my life. Pats with Brady really dominated…but weren’t great before that. Draft great players and have those great cheap rookie player contracts is ideal. Isn’t signing a guy already on your team that’s proven in your scheme the most ideal signing? Never a sure thing buying a FA and hoping your leg work was correct and he fits. Hate the cowboys. But they’ve been as talented as anyone player wise. Maybe their depth hasn’t been perfect everywhere. But Oline been one of the best for awhile. Their best Oline being hurt recently has clearly effected them. But they even still been rated high…no perfect rating system on Oline comparisons….but they’ve been neck and neck with us the whole time there. Better RB room. Zeke and Pollard is clearly more desired than Sanders and (place whichever third string you call number two here). Cooper was a huge move that really paid off. Gallup been steady weapon. Serves that speed spread the D purpose. Ceedee Lamb was my favorite WR in that highly touted class. He’s a number one. Unheralded TEs do their job there. We win that room comparison. Dak better than Wentz. All this chest beating over their way of signing him costing major cap figures. But they are facing those cap hits. We backload and hamstring our future over ours. But we were so much better signing Wentz for less cap hits? Nope we were the fools. Overpaid a guy not worthy of starting to a megacontract. At least we got draft picks. They have Parsons and Lawrence pass rushing. How many would prefer Reddick and Sweat? LB room we’ve struggled. That’s been their strength. They seemingly always have three very good options there. We finally got one. We been terrible at Corner until now. They’ve had good ones. Diggs overrated because of splash plays but gives up tons of big plays. But their other corner underrated. Think he’s hurt now. We had better S. Then struggled there. CGJone year rental puts us above them for this one season. Of coarse he’s out hurt now probably won’t play in the rematch. They have a more wins from 2018 to 2021 than us. All this while their HC has been extremely poor. That’s the only thing really holding them back from big glory. That is tied to Jerry Jones. Heck of a trade maker and draft picker. But his decisions on HC have been fatal. Like he needs this certain type so he makes sure all glory comes to him. McCarthy did win a SB. But I believe most knowledgeable fans blame him for only getting the one while having the best QB. I mean I put like six teams McCarthy has been HC of that were most talented in their conference. He’s held them back in my view. A good coach gets any of those teams and capitalizes with a title. Garrett fired from even coordinator work. Everybody joked him and knew he was no SB winning coach. His best coaching was to clap for his pro players. Terrible cheerleader. But better at that than running a team. Cap hasn’t stopped cowboys….they had contending talent…but no playoff wins. Not sure how bad HC isn’t completely obvious to everybody? Thought it was. But evidently two or three here disagree with the complete most obvious answer.

Saquan Barkley dominated college and really was a workhorse. No shame in that. He played great his one season after Barkley when he got the nod. But expecting him to be as polished as Barkley would have been foolish. Just not every player peaks as rookie NFL players. A guy only getting one college season ….taking him until his fourth season to flourish actually seems quite predictable. But no doubt his past two seasons were disappointing. He either had to answer the bell and step up or be considered less than a starting caliber player. Looking great this season without question.

Ok.. 3 things 

1. Who us running behind a better OL

2. You talk how you set the bar high for Hurts, can you admit that in the running game he poses as big of a threat as any other QB?    So that's another advantage for Sanders 

3.  Why does he consistently come off the field on key downs

With those 3 questions...  the answers tell me that I'm not paying him to be part of a committee.   He deserves to go get paid by someone else for all the reasons you stated.  

His position doesn't impact winning like it did in the old days, it just doesn't.   Certainly Sanders doesn't do that.  He can be replaced much more efficiently than the argument of paying him and going to find replacements for other more impactful players.

She is a well known pro athlete. Whole world saw what was happening to her. Just couldn’t let her go down that hard over our countries not agreeing with each other. I’m not lowering a military prisoner value. But she was very high profile. World perception was at stake. Whole world watching her get railroaded. Really bad look for our power and influence to let them do all that. Good/bad right/wrong can’t let countries blatantly disrespect our citizens and flaunt it to the world. Celebrity is what made the world pay attention. Think there is a certain acceptance of a military member being at risk of enemies imprisonment. Kind of comes with the job.

Or... they took the current guy for a schmuck.... kept her there to trade for this arms dealer's freedom ... and probably was the plan all along?   Because they know the importance of " PR" to our career politicians. 

Well you know Bark has alot more wear on his tread than Sanders,because they USE him. It's nice to see we are getting a decent return on our investment from him this year,but once again it's a contract year,so you push harder to get the loot. I just don't think he is worth what everyone else thinks he is. I would opt for the top Oline where any RB can excel(just like we surrounded Hurts with top weaponry,so he is excelling) How would Hurts do in say Chicago? It's very hard to argue it would take a sincere effort to fail on Hurts part

Seems like the answer to your question about Hurts is last year with our team. He carried us to the playoffs. But he wasn’t as complete a player last year. So he’d be even better results. But how a guy does on a bad team isn’t really relevant. It’s all about how you do on a good team. How you lead. How you handle those clutch moments. It’s a team game. So obviously you need teammates to excel. ARod MVP best player with top contending teams every year with Adams. Not remotely the same without that top WR. So if coarde that matters. Brady best ever. But Brady with Moss was unstoppable!

On a Barkley…he used tons of tread all though his time way before the pros. Got to the pros and had major injuries. His greatness ahead and tread left is questionable. Sanders just hitting his stride. Can’t think of many starting RBs I’ve seen that have less wear and tear. Going forward that’s just all positive. RBs most don’t last much past even rookie deal in the pros. So much abuse bellcowing in college and pros. Sanders not even half that abuse. I see him as just hitting his stride. Best years ahead. But he still has limitations and weaknesses. 

They don’t add FA because they are too focused on retaining their own talent. How is it poor cap management to be considered the, arguably, most talented team in the NFC two straight years?  But then you also are countering it with our brilliance in getting FA because of Rosie Magic contracts. Yet we haven’t been able to bring in much over five years with making an easy assumption of this coming offseason. We did this year. But don’t you expect we mostly sign our own players and not spend tons on other teams FA? I’m not arguing cowboys blueprint draft and develop. But bad contracts isn’t the reason they aren’t signing FA. They are spending on their own players to extensions. What I’d call ideal really. Compared it to the best known team that has operated that way Green Bay. How is it negative to be the top talent team two years going(or at least one of)?

They don't have cap space.   Stop it... they unloaded a bunch of talent they couldn't pay.   

You know better than that... Jerry loves his team in the headlines, he hates not being able to participate in free agency.  Come on now.  Stop it. Even Pittsburgh and Green Bay make moves now. You know it's not philosophy. 

She hates America and has outright stated it. How did she get railroaded by breaking their laws? Laws vary from country to country. If you're that stupid........... yes this was the highest rated trade in WNBA history. She would have broken the law in a host of other countries(not just Russia) I'm curious to see if she still hates America,but back to football

I didn’t really know this info. So thanks for educating me. But 9 years for a little weed is clearly just punishing America. Crazy penalty. Laws are different all over the world I do realize. But gotta feel she was being a very public example. Felt we had to do something. Perception is huge…like it or not. If we let them just get away with that with the whole world watching….it has an effect. 

Again... great " philosophy on spending on their own players...the Eagles do it too.   

What I'm saying that you just can't understand... or bring yourself to publicly agree with me ( a pride thing with you , that some might call a narcissist trait)

They write bad contracts.   You focus on dead money year 8... they tie up their cap right from the start.   The use the tag, they wait too long to extend,  they overhype and they overpay.  

That's been a trend since Romo and T.O.  

She is a well known pro athlete. Whole world saw what was happening to her. Just couldn’t let her go down that hard over our countries not agreeing with each other. I’m not lowering a military prisoner value. But she was very high profile. World perception was at stake. Whole world watching her get railroaded. Really bad look for our power and influence to let them do all that. Good/bad right/wrong can’t let countries blatantly disrespect our citizens and flaunt it to the world. Celebrity is what made the world pay attention. Think there is a certain acceptance of a military member being at risk of enemies imprisonment. Kind of comes with the job.

High profile? A professional athlete for the merchant of death? LMAO If you or I had carried our cannabis with us when WE KNEW it was prohibited…well you know, we'd still be in that penal colony for the d-u-r-a-t-i-o-n! This was a disastrous deal!

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t really know this info. So thanks for educating me. But 9 years for a little weed is clearly just punishing America. Crazy penalty. Laws are different all over the world I do realize. But gotta feel she was being a very public example. Felt we had to do something. Perception is huge…like it or not. If we let them just get away with that with the whole world watching….it has an effect. 

Right because when this happens all the time to the every day person...you don't hear about it. It's why you feel it had to be " against America " lol.    

She hates America and has outright stated it. How did she get railroaded by breaking their laws? Laws vary from country to country. If you're that stupid........... yes this was the highest rated trade in WNBA history. She would have broken the law in a host of other countries(not just Russia) I'm curious to see if she still hates America,but back to football

ONE MILLION "LIKES"!

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Btw.... you think this makes us look good to the rest of the world?  A basketball player for an arms dealer?  You think our allies in Europe feel better now??     

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Agreed  Still an uneven trade

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Btw.... you think this makes us look good to the rest of the world?  A basketball player for an arms dealer?  You think our allies in Europe feel better now??     

Makes the WH look as weak as it really is!

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again... great " philosophy on spending on their own players...the Eagles do it too.   

What I'm saying that you just can't understand... or bring yourself to publicly agree with me ( a pride thing with you , that some might call a narcissist trait)

They write bad contracts.   You focus on dead money year 8... they tie up their cap right from the start.   The use the tag, they wait too long to extend,  they overhype and they overpay.  

That's been a trend since Romo and T.O.  

I just see you touting your own traits…being a lil b17ch! You go round and round. But name calling is your best defense because your points are weak and that’s even in hindsight. Your lil b17ch qualities show by you just won’t even talk about much of what you see happening….just failing at making hindsight remarks. Like at least most can get it right after the fact at least. You can’t see anything coming based on actual football knowledge. But you make these comments all based in hindsight and try to come off as superior and of coarse right. But even your hindsight views mostly suck. You can do sone basic math. You got a good understanding of contracts and some rules. You know…you could of have been a girls peewee referee. You know until you got confronted by one of those ten year old girls and she punished you in front of the whole crowd of parents. The internet really was crucial timing for your life. You can hide behind it and throw insults. But probably shop always on line for fear of you getting called out on being a loudmouth smart a** pu22y! Probably leave the money for the pizza girl driver out front for fear of getting robbed. I can see you now in your house your parents left you that’s completely crumbling since they left. You won’t maintain your daddies house ….but spend incredible amounts on cameras to hide back in your Safe Room until the Girl Scouts go away. Probably have the Ring cameras…so you can get tough and talk smack fromyour safe room to any missionaries that stop by. I bet the police know your address by heart over you constantly calling them to save you over the wild animal squirrels threatening you. Figure you have enough math and typing skills you probably make decent money retyping others code and typing up foreclosure notices. 

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cooper is expensive and can easily be considered on decline. 

Ok... this is my final time. I'm convinced you get it, but just have to argue. Similar to the kids growing up in the area that were Dallas fans just to be opposite. 

Ok... Cooper 61 catches,  832 yards and 7 TDs so far this season through 12 games.

The Cowboys were looking to get OBJ.  Why?   Because they think they could use the help at WR.    

Gee... if they could manage the cap better by writing better contracts.. Cooper would already be there.   

I'm mean look at his stats playing in Cleveland!   

Why is it hard to see that Dallas does NOT handle the money part well?  

Add the CB they lost opposite Diggs.  He wasn't old. Very good.  They couldn't afford him. 

9 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Makes the WH look as weak as it really is!

100%.   For around the world. Right now our culture... totally different.  Absolutely Russia took advantage.  

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I just see you touting your own traits…being a lil b17ch! You go round and round. But name calling is your best defense because your points are weak and that’s even in hindsight. Your lil b17ch qualities show by you just won’t even talk about much of what you see happening….just failing at making hindsight remarks. Like at least most can get it right after the fact at least. You can’t see anything coming based on actual football knowledge. But you make these comments all based in hindsight and try to come off as superior and of coarse right. But even your hindsight views mostly suck. You can do sone basic math. You got a good understanding of contracts and some rules. You know…you could of have been a girls peewee referee. You know until you got confronted by one of those ten year old girls and she punished you in front of the whole crowd of parents. The internet really was crucial timing for your life. You can hide behind it and throw insults. But probably shop always on line for fear of you getting called out on being a loudmouth smart a** pu22y! Probably leave the money for the pizza girl driver out front for fear of getting robbed. I can see you now in your house your parents left you that’s completely crumbling since they left. You won’t maintain your daddies house ….but spend incredible amounts on cameras to hide back in your Safe Room until the Girl Scouts go away. Probably have the Ring cameras…so you can get tough and talk smack fromyour safe room to any missionaries that stop by. I bet the police know your address by heart over you constantly calling them to save you over the wild animal squirrels threatening you. Figure you have enough math and typing skills you probably make decent money retyping others code and typing up foreclosure notices. 

Never name call... observing a trait from all the posts.   

GB and I disagree... all the time.  As do others on here.  When asked direct questions we all answer.  Don't feel we are above answering specific questions and doing so more than once. 

But ...we see your true character here with this last post.  Really haven't had the patience to read many of your last essays in full.   The fact you can't acknowledge the specific thing we talk about without trying to spin it your way all the time.  It says a lot.

Amari Cooper is tied with AJ Brown with 61 receptions.... 16th.    12th in yards... and 4th in TDs.   

That's a guy you can keep if you had the money.   Especially when looking at OBJ.  

They have had issues on their OL... etc.

As for our Eagles.. we drafted poorly,  but we lock up our guys that we want to keep as they enter their 2nd contracts.  The entire 2018 class was locked up.  Now you will see our 2019 class lose the 2 players. Dillard, because he will go start somewhere else.  And Sanders because they won't pay RB. 

And guess what...if I'm wrong on Sanders then it just means they keep another " one of their own"

Cox, Hargrave etc....to me they are old, gotta be replaced.  The free agent one year rentals, they did their job, you move on... i don't see that as draft and develop, so they can go.  

The player selection needs to continue to trend in the right direction, the money will be there , just need to give it to the right players.

Dallas... they in trouble.  Going to be tough when Dak, Diggs and Parsons all have " dem big cap hits" 

In my view the big mistake dallas made was actually trading forCooper. What drive Dak’s price up more than that trade? Gave Dak all the leverage. Without Cooper he wouldn’t have commanded near that contract or leverage to be comfortable forcing the cowboys hand. It was a great move to get them wins. But cost them a fortune. Probably could make a similar argument with Hurts. He has all the leverage now. He doesn’t need to sign anything. He’ll get paid. Force them to tag him or hit FA and receive the largest contract ever. That getting the big WR to see if the QB can prove his worth is costly. Imagine just believing in Dak or Hurts but not getting the AJ and Smitty or Cooper and Lamb. You aren’t getting the wins during their rookie contract. Which is always the goal. But without Cooper Dak isn’t forcing Dallas hand. He’s taking half that pay and jumping to sign. Hasn’t made much in his later pick rookie contract. Much tougher gamble for him then. He had Jerry bent over after Cooper arrived though. Changed the whole dynamics of the contract situation.

Now....  I will say...I think they look to prioritize keeping Edwards, Epps and CGJ.  The age of the players follows the trend of the players entering their prime.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

In my view the big mistake dallas made was actually trading forCooper. What drive Dak’s price up more than that trade? Gave Dak all the leverage. Without Cooper he wouldn’t have commanded near that contract or leverage to be comfortable forcing the cowboys hand. It was a great move to get them wins. But cost them a fortune. Probably could make a similar argument with Hurts. He has all the leverage now. He doesn’t need to sign anything. He’ll get paid. Force them to tag him or hit FA and receive the largest contract ever. That getting the big WR to see if the QB can prove his worth is costly. Imagine just believing in Dak or Hurts but not getting the AJ and Smitty or Cooper and Lamb. You aren’t getting the wins during their rookie contract. Which is always the goal. But without Cooper Dak isn’t forcing Dallas hand. He’s taking half that pay and jumping to sign. Hasn’t made much in his later pick rookie contract. Much tougher gamble for him then. He had Jerry bent over after Cooper arrived though. Changed the whole dynamics of the contract situation.

Without Cooper they sucked.  Remember that.   

They should have paid Dak 2 years earlier, they would probably have saved about 70- 80 million in cap hits by now.   But wait.... could mean $15 mil of dead cap in 2027? 

Gee... does it take a math wiz to see which way would have been smarter.   

Archived