Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah Barwin. I just thought it of then got back on here but you beat me to it lol

Ehh..he was drafted in 2009, not by us either.   I am trying to think of our good draft picks that we lose simply because we can't afford them?   And they walk first chance they get? It's been a while.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ehh..he was drafted in 2009, not by us either.   I am trying to think of our good draft picks that we lose simply because we can't afford them?   And they walk first chance they get? It's been a while.

Yeah tough one because it's been a long time since we had draft "keepers" Lots of draft fails until lately

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So I guess Burton was the last, Ertz was traded so he won't count

AFTER LANDING ON Tuesday night and making it to the Rams' facility around 9 p.m., Mayfield got a "crash course" in Sean McVay's offense.

He leaned on McVay, offensive coordinator Liam Coen, quarterbacks coach/pass game coordinator Zac Robinson, and also quarterbacks Matthew Stafford, Wolford and Bryce Perkins to learn the offense.    And Carr is DONE in LV(and he killed my fantasy playoff hopes unless someone else rocks the house)

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So I guess Burton was the last, Ertz was traded so he won't count

I don't even think Burton was drafted... but he was 3rd string and got paid ridiculous amount.   Well he got paid as a decent starter...but he was never a starter. 

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

AFTER LANDING ON Tuesday night and making it to the Rams' facility around 9 p.m., Mayfield got a "crash course" in Sean McVay's offense.

He leaned on McVay, offensive coordinator Liam Coen, quarterbacks coach/pass game coordinator Zac Robinson, and also quarterbacks Matthew Stafford, Wolford and Bryce Perkins to learn the offense.    And Carr is DONE in LV(and he killed my fantasy playoff hopes unless someone else rocks the house)

Did the TE even play this year for the Raiders?

23 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think Waller played a few snaps went out and it's been Moreau ever since. Hollins is also in LV. Jacobs had a nice night but Carr sucked again. Thats 2 bad games in the last 3 and he has Adams. I thought this was Carr's year to shine and he blew it

28 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I was a bit(make that alot) disappointed at the first game our 3 TE's played without Goedert. Pretty awful showing. Better the last game,but the #2 TE spot is up for grabs. Stoll probably fine as TE3,but if Calcaterra doesn't step up, I can see us looking for another one. I think Calc will pan out if we give him some time to develop

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I was a bit(make that alot) disappointed at the first game our 3 TE's played without Goedert. Pretty awful showing. Better the last game,but the #2 TE spot is up for grabs. Stoll probably fine as TE3,but if Calcaterra doesn't step up, I can see us looking for another one. I think Calc will pan out if we give him some time to develop

They ran a lot... so I don’t know what you would expect...the backup TEs should be the 4th or 5th option in the pass game.  If we don't throw much, they shouldn't get much either.

We threw a lot vs Tennessee,  they got their stats.  

Not real complicated. Only one guy can end up with the ball.

29 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

They ran a lot... so I don’t know what you would expect...the backup TEs should be the 4th or 5th option in the pass game.  If we don't throw much, they shouldn't get much either.

We threw a lot vs Tennessee,  they got their stats.  

Not real complicated. Only one guy can end up with the ball.

Depends on the play,sometimes Goedert was the 2,3 read or some are called for him directly. Carr had 137 yards and 2 picks. I imagine Jacobs would want to be on a winning squad now. IDK who would pay what he wants.

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Depends on the play,sometimes Goedert was the 2,3 read or some are called for him directly. Carr had 137 yards and 2 picks. I imagine Jacobs would want to be on a winning squad now. IDK who would pay what he wants.

Only thing I'm looking from the Raiders is to stay ahead of the Saints.   

I'm staying in my position that I'm not wanting to pay top ten RB money .  

Look around the league the last few years at your top RBs.   Look at your top QBs... teams with top WRs... teams with best lines.     These positions translate into wins,  the RB doesn't.  Just need adequate and multiple and we will be fine.

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Disagree. If you could have Pitts for rookie salary would you take him? Finding those disgruntled players is the BEST way to load up your team cheaply(see AJ?????) Tenn refused to pay him,so he was a good player on a mediocre team and we took advantage of it. If we didn't have Hurts,would you take Trevor Lawrence on rook pay? All promising players on bad teams,so we will disagree on this also

Tenn has been winning their division and a high seed for several seasons here under Vrabel.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Disagree. If you could have Pitts for rookie salary would you take him? Finding those disgruntled players is the BEST way to load up your team cheaply(see AJ?????) Tenn refused to pay him,so he was a good player on a mediocre team and we took advantage of it. If we didn't have Hurts,would you take Trevor Lawrence on rook pay? All promising players on bad teams,so we will disagree on this also

I’m not saying bad teams don’t have any quality players. I’m just pointing out how judgement shouldn’t be based on how a guy can do on a bad team. Judgment should be based on how players can perform on good teams under the biggest of situations. Pretty much how a guy will respond to 3 and 8 down a score in the playoffs?

Think I maybe just wasn’t clear enough in my post was why you misunderstood my point.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

DB ages- 31,29,24. I would like to retain all 3 this next year year(depending on cost) if I can. Still draft some prospects,Blankenship looks like a keeper, If we did this we could really concentrate on making these lines younger(DT DE ROT). RB doesn't concern me either way. Make an offer,take it or leave it (and I am a nut for offense) If no go plenty out there as long as you have the O line. WR room is fine (and we haven't been able to say that for quite awhile) LB's can be resigned or had in FA,but IMO it will be difficult to replace the 3 DB's we have. We need to get started,but would sign them all to 2 years while we do. By then ages 33,31,26 and you could maybe retain 2 of those another year or so

LB Edwards runs the D. Hasn’t made any money yet either. Got 2 mil this season at least on a one year deal. Undrafted and homegrown talent. All these players are pros and understand the business. But think it will sit really poorly if we don’t ante up for a guy earned it like he has for us.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tenn has been winning their division and a high seed for several seasons here under Vrabel.

What does this have to do with the posed questions? Tenn is mediocre. they had AJ and Henry,thats about it eh? Now they have Henry and a rook because they are cheap arses who refused to pay the 1/2 talented guys they had on offense

16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was talking MVP before TC.

🤣🙄

42 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not saying bad teams don’t have any quality players. I’m just pointing out how judgement shouldn’t be based on how a guy can do on a bad team. Judgment should be based on how players can perform on good teams under the biggest of situations. Pretty much how a guy will respond to 3 and 8 down a score in the playoffs?

Think I maybe just wasn’t clear enough in my post was why you misunderstood my point.

So how do you figure this out? Pitts is on a bad team. How do you know he's good with a GOOD team if he is not ON a good team? This makes zero sense. So we need someone else who is a GOOD team to take Pitts on, so we can decide he can be good for OUR team?  You identify good players by the individual,not on if they are on a good or bad team. How many really nice WR's are there on teams with trash QB's? So we need to wait to get them? Because we haven't seen them play with a good QB? WOW you're going to miss out on alot of opportunities. By your standards DeVonte Adams is trash because he's not performing(maybe because he has a trash QB?) This thought is illogical

46 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

LB Edwards runs the D. Hasn’t made any money yet either. Got 2 mil this season at least on a one year deal. Undrafted and homegrown talent. All these players are pros and understand the business. But think it will sit really poorly if we don’t ante up for a guy earned it like he has for us.

Yes, we were speaking of the secondary,this is a different subject. I was talking about retaining the 3 DB's we have. LB is a new and different post

You know it’s not just guys being greedy. I’m sure you could look at AJ’s situation and come to that conclusion. But we all try and balance getting paid the most we can while being in the optimal environment. Sometimes the highest offer isn’t the right choice. But it’s also the Owners versus the players. Nobody greedier than the owners. But hey it’s business. But the players have their organization the NFLPA. Their job is practically pushing all players to inflate the pay. They are collaborating together to combat the owners. NFLPA doesn’t care for team friendly contracts. They want to push for more share towards the athletes. 17th game? No way they balk on that. Extra playoff teams? No way they balk on that either. Upping the overall money. Which they’ve worked out the players getting their percentage. But we are really seeing the players actively pushing each other to force bigger paychecks. AJ isn’t just signing to take care of his family….he’s helping future contracts. They really are pushing salaries into the stratosphere. I’m always good for a prediction. On contracts I see the players working on raising the guaranteed portion of these contracts. Most other sports the contracts are near fully guaranteed money. That’s why the owners were so pissed at the Browns signing Watson fully guaranteed. It was all to circumvent the expected suspension pay check losses. But the owners know guaranteed money is the elephant in the room of contract negotiation battle between owners and players. Owners did get the rookie capped pay scale. But with percentage of money going to players….that really just upped the mega vet contract salaries(with more funds available towards vets). Anyway just pointing out it isn’t all just on a players greed. Owners are the king of greed. But the NFLPA is stressing that it’s critical for these guys to take the biggest contracts for the good of the next players.

I keep believing Hurts won’t sign the biggest contract ever. He’s clearly in position you’d expect the next guy up to do exactly that(sign the biggest contract). The guy just comes off as so incredibly humble. Smart also knowing the less he makes the more talent he can possibly be surrounded with. His image is just unbelievably squeaky clean. Think this part is huge for him but also the franchise. Aaron Rodgers makes 50 mil. So you’d assume he should sign for more. Just the way the league works. His turn and all. But instead of 55 mil….I think he’ll sign for 45. Which, I know, 45 mil to all of us is gazillions. But it would be considered a team friendly contract really. So he comes off as the hood guy that puts team first….while signing for completely life changing money. Like I stated in previous post the guaranteed portion is key. Think he gets a very considerable percentage that is guaranteed or easily expected to be earned. Another key factor is that Hurts is still very young. Younger than FL vaunted college player. So not his last contract. In fact fast forward to his third contract. Under 30 still it’s going to dwarf 45 mil per. 70 mil per? Can you wrap your head around NFL players earning that each season? Add one more regular season game. Mandatory game for everybody each season abroad. It’s going to happen. Owners and NFLPA won’t say no to the figures this will add to the pool. Is it good for player health? No way. But these level of commas won’t be stopped. 24 year old QB ready to make 50 mil. If the guy doesn’t succumb to concussions or a broken spine Hurts future looks to probably have 100 mil season pay realized. Crazy….but near inevitable.

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You know it’s not just guys being greedy. I’m sure you could look at AJ’s situation and come to that conclusion. But we all try and balance getting paid the most we can while being in the optimal environment. Sometimes the highest offer isn’t the right choice. But it’s also the Owners versus the players. Nobody greedier than the owners. But hey it’s business. But the players have their organization the NFLPA. Their job is practically pushing all players to inflate the pay. They are collaborating together to combat the owners. NFLPA doesn’t care for team friendly contracts. They want to push for more share towards the athletes. 17th game? No way they balk on that. Extra playoff teams? No way they balk on that either. Upping the overall money. Which they’ve worked out the players getting their percentage. But we are really seeing the players actively pushing each other to force bigger paychecks. AJ isn’t just signing to take care of his family….he’s helping future contracts. They really are pushing salaries into the stratosphere. I’m always good for a prediction. On contracts I see the players working on raising the guaranteed portion of these contracts. Most other sports the contracts are near fully guaranteed money. That’s why the owners were so pissed at the Browns signing Watson fully guaranteed. It was all to circumvent the expected suspension pay check losses. But the owners know guaranteed money is the elephant in the room of contract negotiation battle between owners and players. Owners did get the rookie capped pay scale. But with percentage of money going to players….that really just upped the mega vet contract salaries(with more funds available towards vets). Anyway just pointing out it isn’t all just on a players greed. Owners are the king of greed. But the NFLPA is stressing that it’s critical for these guys to take the biggest contracts for the good of the next players.

Stated in a concise way(not your style), It's a free market system

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Smart also knowing the less he makes the more talent he can possibly be surrounded with.

UH we already did this?????

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I keep believing Hurts won’t sign the biggest contract ever. He’s clearly in position you’d expect the next guy up to do exactly that(sign the biggest contract). The guy just comes off as so incredibly humble. Smart also knowing the less he makes the more talent he can possibly be surrounded with. His image is just unbelievably squeaky clean. Think this part is huge for him but also the franchise. Aaron Rodgers makes 50 mil. So you’d assume he should sign for more. Just the way the league works. His turn and all. But instead of 55 mil….I think he’ll sign for 45. Which, I know, 45 mil to all of us is gazillions. But it would be considered a team friendly contract really. So he comes off as the hood guy that puts team first….while signing for completely life changing money. Like I stated in previous post the guaranteed portion is key. Think he gets a very considerable percentage that is guaranteed or easily expected to be earned. Another key factor is that Hurts is still very young. Younger than FL vaunted college player. So not his last contract. In fact fast forward to his third contract. Under 30 still it’s going to dwarf 45 mil per. 70 mil per? Can you wrap your head around NFL players earning that each season? Add one more regular season game. Mandatory game for everybody each season abroad. It’s going to happen. Owners and NFLPA won’t say no to the figures this will add to the pool. Is it good for player health? No way. But these level of commas won’t be stopped. 24 year old QB ready to make 50 mil. If the guy doesn’t succumb to concussions or a broken spine Hurts future looks to probably have 100 mil season pay realized. Crazy….but near inevitable.

I have no clue. What if he chokes in the playoffs??? We are "all IN" and it's not to come in second in the SB. Pay/contracts went up also because they added a 17th game???

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Younger than FL vaunted college player.

Oh back to bashing again I see. Did you bother to read this kids life story???? I'm sure you have NOT. So STHU until you do, then bash him if you are that brazenly cruel. I'm done pissing around this same subject because you refuse to understand WHY he is 25 fool.Keep up the bash attack on a kid you know NOTHING about. You should he totally THRILLED he is OUT of the Heisman race(because he got hurt in the SC game and STILL came in 5th in the voting). I bet that does your heart good. Now you can gloat!!! You can't STAND that I picked him out from nowhere and he rose to where he is. Done speaking to you for awhile until you get some respect back. Let me know when/if that happens

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have no clue. What if he chokes in the playoffs??? We are "all IN" and it's not to come in second in the SB. Pay/contracts went up also because they added a 17th game???

Curious, what could happen for you not to sign Hurts as the Franchise guy this offseason? You know from the team’s point of view. There is a risk…but players perspective no need to sign anything. Money only rising. Getting tagged is all guaranteed money. Short of breaking a spine or something that drastic I believe he’s already got tons of money lined up. Believe the bank account only grows larger with waiting. Kirk Cousins, Dak and Deshaun Watson easy examples of the unbelievable windfall awaiting holding out. 

Archived