Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Reddick and AJ were great parts. Ignoring DBs…or just flat out choosing so poorly did not.

3 pro bowl DBs didn't work out?   Is there a better secondary in the league?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Demeco Ryans took the Texans HC job

He deserves it.   Was a stud for them as a player and did a great job this year as SF DC!

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Whom did we pick that was so poorly chosen this year?

Quinn via trade.. the rookies to me are long term investments not just one year.  Other than that...it's why Howie was executive of the year.  I wonder if anyone else got any votes?

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hargrave's a guy we would definitely want to keep, just don't know why we don't usually have these talks during the season. Not going to get any cheaper. 

Didn't we extend like the entire 2018 draft last year during the season or right before?  I believe this year is a tricky one.  I think they have wanted to let the season play out the whole time.  

4 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

No way man! It's a conspiracy. The NFL is rigged. LMAO:lol:

Never thought it was ever rigged until I saw those plays at the end of one game this year. I forget which one. But there was a WR who was asking 3 times if he was on the line, ref didn't say anything then reached for the flag as soon as ball was snapped.  Then next play was obvious pass interference in the end zone 

I forget which game , maybe GB or Ham remember because we were talking about it... maybe Washington vs Giants?? I think maybe McClaurin was WR???

36 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Never thought it was ever rigged until I saw those plays at the end of one game this year. I forget which one. But there was a WR who was asking 3 times if he was on the line, ref didn't say anything then reached for the flag as soon as ball was snapped.  Then next play was obvious pass interference in the end zone 

I forget which game , maybe GB or Ham remember because we were talking about it... maybe Washington vs Giants?? I think maybe McClaurin was WR???

Interesting. 

I think after some of the whining about the flags this past weekend, the refs will most likely let them play. This intrigues me even more. I LOVE playoff football because they do let them play. Now it might even be more advantageous to play man on the outside and bust WRs at the line big time to help the pass rush get there. Thoughts?  
Maybe they let the Oline hold too so it counters that first thought. Overthinking.

So excited the EAGLES are in the Super Bowl again. I actually didn’t think it would happen…maybe ever again. SO COOL!

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I remember at one time brady was interested in part ownership of the Fins

That was just a scam to force his trade

1 hour ago, Senhorcook said:

I think after some of the whining about the flags this past weekend, the refs will most likely let them play. This intrigues me even more. I LOVE playoff football because they do let them play. Now it might even be more advantageous to play man on the outside and bust WRs at the line big time to help the pass rush get there. Thoughts?  
Maybe they let the Oline hold too so it counters that first thought. Overthinking.

So excited the EAGLES are in the Super Bowl again. I actually didn’t think it would happen…maybe ever again. SO COOL!

I think after 50 whatever years of no Superbowl wins... the fact that there is a group of players that have gone twice...and can be 2 time champs is pretty Kool.

Kelce, Lane, Seamulo, Cox, Graham and Elliot... and technically an injured Barnett.   Would be awesome.  2 time champs!!!    Definitely adds something to their legacy as only the Broad Street Bullies won more than once for any of the cities major teams. That's almost 50 years ago.

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Interesting. 

Yep…Washington wasn’t making the playoffs….they were getting forced to sell

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Yep…Washington wasn’t making the playoffs….there were getting forced to sell

I mean, we've seen interference calls let go or missed...even obvious ones.  But that McClaurin situation where he kept asking the ref if he was good..  and no response then a flag.. that was fishy!  

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

3 pro bowl DBs didn't work out?   Is there a better secondary in the league?

Two of them weren’t remotely part of the master plan

Wait did Bradbury make the Pro Bowl even?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Two of them weren’t remotely part of the master plan

But it worked out...that's the point.  Same as what I'm trying to say about next year. .we don't have to have everything set in March or April.   Especially if we are considered as a place players would like to come on prove it deals.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Barnett has never been a great part of either master plan

I don't think Tom Brady was part of the master plan with New England...worked out well.   This master plan idea... not sure why it's so important?   Late round picks and UDFAs, guys signed in August or during the season.. all this happens for every team quite often.  

I mean, Russell Wilson wasn't the master plan either... we could go on and on.

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean, we've seen interference calls let go or missed...even obvious ones.  But that McClaurin situation where he kept asking the ref if he was good..  and no response then a flag.. that was fishy!  

It was so fishy it seemed like that DB knew he could blatantly endlessly get away with pass interfering. Seemed further than just officiating there. Three different really obvious terrible grabs and wrestling weren’t called in the endzone. Nowhere else for officials to even be looking. Ball was inside the twenty yard line I think. The WR lineup the play before everybody in the know questioned.

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

But it worked out...that's the point.  Same as what I'm trying to say about next year. .we don't have to have everything set in March or April.   Especially if we are considered as a place players would like to come on prove it deals.

Your point is it’s better to make terrible decisions like bringing back a guy you should have obviously seen wasn’t good as a starting S in Harris? Or Barnett? Who knows what was even the plan for our outside starting CB? The point being to rely on luck for a guy like Bradbury getting dropped so late to come to us cheap to cover our glaring hole position?

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I don't think Tom Brady was part of the master plan with New England...worked out well.   This master plan idea... not sure why it's so important?   Late round picks and UDFAs, guys signed in August or during the season.. all this happens for every team quite often.  

I mean, Russell Wilson wasn't the master plan either... we could go on and on.

I didn’t say you don’t continue working the whole time. Gotta start each offseason from somewhere. But your idea of just winging it…is your idea. I believe in coming up with a plan. Then going from there. 

Tom Brady and Russell Wilson were part of every Master Plan for sure after they started every season there after. You aren’t making any points here against what I’m saying. I didn’t ever say that late round or undrafted guys don’t ever succeed. But if your original offseason plan is based on that as a starter for that season…good luck. I’d have looked for a higher percentage plan to begin with. Blankenship working out much better than Harris. GM got Blankenship here…but brought back Harris that didn’t look good for us last year as the starter. Is that good or bad doing your job as a GM? I’d say both. 

How often can you rely on such an incredible super late player getting dropped and coming to you to fill a glaring need like Bradbury? How often can you rely on covering for such a glaring weakness by trading a fifth and sixth to acquire a Pro Bowl S the week before the season? 

That was two unbelievably lucky breaks. Transformed our whole Secondary. GM did a great job by making those moves when they appeared. To rely on that level of transformation each season would be ludicrous to expect IMO

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t say you don’t continue working the whole time. Gotta start each offseason from somewhere. But your idea of just winging it…is your idea. I believe in coming up with a plan. Then going from there. 

Winging it?    What? Dude,can I ask how your mind wanders like that.   You understand it's extremely difficult to have a conversation with you when you spin things to the extreme?

I'll ask nicely here....when the blank did I say " wing" it?   What even came close to that idea. Because I prefer to sign CGJ and not Sanders...is winging it?

When I say you don't need to have the whole roster together by March.... it's not " winging it" 

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Your point is it’s better to make terrible decisions like bringing back a guy you should have obviously seen wasn’t good as a starting S in Harris? Or Barnett? Who knows what was even the plan for our outside starting CB? The point being to rely on luck for a guy like Bradbury getting dropped so late to come to us cheap to cover our glaring hole position?

My point.  Teams don't address EVERYTHING in March or April.   There are 2 elements in play.  

1. Teams prioritize... it's why I prefer to prioritize signing my current guys in a certain order or having limits to what I'm paying them. Under no circumstances do I pay Sanders $8 million or 7 or 6 or 5.  It's why I don't blink about a million or two difference for CGJ.

2. Teams also like to see what they have in camp with some positions.  The unknown of certain players.   

With that... trying to rip Howie because of Barnett... man if you were a fan of another team, you would really have a list of complaints.

Very simple.. in 2022..the Eagles improved their roster way more than any other team in the league.   It's not close.

Without the " luck" it's still a good improvement starting with Reddick.  

The other thing we don't know... how much inside information do these guys have about other organizations and their players that are not happy and about to be released or traded? 

It might not be as much " winging it" as it looks.

Also... if a team doesn't do it your way, it doesn't mean there wasn't a plan.   Does it have to be " master" or computer aided to be a plan?   

And... I'm sure early negotiations with a few of the agents is a constant thing, even the casual conversation gives the front office a gauge and a head start into thinking what's coming.   

Archived