Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So jerruh said McCarthy will be calling the plays, huh? Yeah he won a SB in GB, but he had Rodgers audibling all over the place, something I don't think Dak's as capable at. Rodgers just all around a better QB.

The Eagles organization just released a statement to TMZ, saying, "The organization is aware of the legal matter involving Josh Sills. We have been in communication with the league office and are in the process of gathering more information. We have no further comment at this time.”

The Eagles are supposed to compete in the 2023 Super Bowl on February 12. It’s unclear if Sills will still be on the team at that time.

I remember when 2 girls accused Shady of **** in a parking lot while he was with hundreds of people half the country away

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I remember when 2 girls accused Shady of **** in a parking lot while he was with hundreds of people half the country away

And Duke Lacrosse and how many others that turned out to be false.

A real shame because it casts a shadow on women who were actually assaulted.

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

At least Sills was udfa if this sticks

Still it's a distraction

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I clearly said millions of reasons to prefer the top seed. Just brought up every view point. I didn’t say I didn’t want the one seed. Simply asked the question of should they matchups be considered. I usually feel strongly about it being a matchup league. So higher winning teams aren’t necessarily the hardest team for us to face. Packers got hot at the end. Gannon hadn’t, probably still hasn’t, proven he can beat a top QB. Think that was a point you e made about our organization for a long stretch of games.  So just pointed out that ARod on a hot  streak could be a huge issue if Gannon gives up an 80 percent completion percentage to him. Just something to consider. Wasn’t any point I was feeling or making. Just threw it out there to see what everybody thought. Something that hadn’t been remotely brought up on the board. So no biggie on that post. Just conversation. Started the post stating how millions of reason to prefer the top seed. So im not dying on any crosses for just conversation about that…which I never said I preferred.
  I’m not on record anywhere preferring Sanders over CGJ. My clear view has been I’m not stuck on any one piece, beyond Hurts. He’s first priority for me. Think you are overlooking that. I gave second to Edwards. But really been clear I’m looking at everybody at every position played for us or not. Played in the league yet or not. I’m only ready to proceed after I judge the landscape of perceived all possibilities and percentages based on likely hood. 

Right.. you gave 200 words consideration for not getting the top seed..  I gave one word consideration ...no.  Because as I said,  you don't play a game if you don't have to. You don't go on the road if you don't have to. 

I appreciate considering all options...I really do..  Just that prior to typing 200 words or really even the first word,  it should have already been a no. 

Some peope can actually make quick decisions. 

And as for our players..  I'm not saying you would do anything.   I'm giving you what you asked for.. my opinion.   By the time I type the words, I already considered signing Sanders...and it's a no.  I already considered not spending an extra mil or two for CGJ and decided it's worth it to keep the known impact player for this group.  If the Cincy S is 2 mil less...we still don't know how he fits with THIS group. 

But I also know the Eagles will negotiate, not just give away the money. 

You take the Andy Reid approach taking your time to consider, I'll go at a faster pace with some things I feel are obvious or when I already know my opinion. 

It seems you like to call me out for not committing on " calling it"   then when I say my opinion you like to say I need to not be so decisive. 

Just seems you like to be contrarion regardless.  Like the Saints trade.. when yes we all agree in principle that an all in team would not necessarily give away a better pick this year... but we are talking about the specific details of that trade, it's obvious it was the correct move. 

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

At least Sills was udfa if this sticks

No clue how you can gather evidence 3 years later. He said/she said

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I never said you aren’t working at it the whole time. We just differed on how to start. I would massively dig into everything before making any decisions at this point, beyond the actual first priority of Hurts.

Dude... what do you think they have been doing?    " massively dig into everything "  " master plan"   I think you fall in love with terminology to make things seem more rocket science.   

I'll keep it simple... the front office doesn't play or coach,  their job is about putting together and keeping a roster.  They don't stop working or planning just because they can't or aren't actually signing guys.  They are always planning.  That's their job.

21 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Still it's a distraction

Not a huge one,he's a bit player in the big picture. He was indicted,doesn't make him guilty(yet) Unless there are witnesses I don't see how you prosecute this. If this chick was raped,why wait 3 years????? Sounds like a bogus play to make money

In other words...the planning has already started.   We are past that.   Once the season ends they review, get the coaches involved.  And then start the action. 

Why is it not obvious that things are planned?   Does anyone on here think they just wing it?  This particular over analytical franchise... winging it is the opposite of what they do.    It's different than me disagreeing with their decisions...but I never think they don't make moves without putting in the analysis or over analysis first.  

19 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Duce Staley leaving the lions to work w/ Reich

Panthers need alot of pieces,may as well get started. 2 decent guys. Now with an org that isn't moronic like Indy

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Panthers need alot of pieces,may as well get started. 2 decent guys. Now with an org that isn't moronic like Indy

I will admit I have always liked DJ Moore

38 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

The Eagles organization just released a statement to TMZ, saying, "The organization is aware of the legal matter involving Josh Sills. We have been in communication with the league office and are in the process of gathering more information. We have no further comment at this time.”

The Eagles are supposed to compete in the 2023 Super Bowl on February 12. It’s unclear if Sills will still be on the team at that time.

Who is Josh Sills?

54 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Don't forget AR is in one too

They are both pretty good actors LOL

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Who is Josh Sills?

BU O line 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

BU O line 

Had no idea...sounded like a DB.  Lol

Rookie from Okla St. He is rostered as a G

He's not a PS player.I think he played 1 snap all year if I recall