Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Brady retiring - well at least for now. Feel it's real this time. Hope he feels this past yr was worth it w/ what it cost him

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand why some of you guys feel the need to complain about what the Eagles might, or might not do in the off season.

Why can't you just enjoy the moment.  It doesn't come around very often 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Winging it?    What? Dude,can I ask how your mind wanders like that.   You understand it's extremely difficult to have a conversation with you when you spin things to the extreme?

I'll ask nicely here....when the blank did I say " wing" it?   What even came close to that idea. Because I prefer to sign CGJ and not Sanders...is winging it?

When I say you don't need to have the whole roster together by March.... it's not " winging it" 

I’ll nicely respond back that I have no problem with you preferring to sign CGJ over Sanders. I would think most every GM or fan thinks much higher of Ceedy Duce than Sanders. Your comment on simplify and not needing a  master plan ….I related to "winging it.” Going one player at a time without a bigger picture view. Really has seemed like that’s what you’ve communicated in your posts here about how you’d view doing the GM job for us. Maybe you didn’t phrase things or explain your points fully as to why I’d think otherwise. But exactly how I took your almost seemingly offense to my view of having a master plan. I don’t believe I was really offensive in my responses. Just said you have your view…I have a totally different opinion. If you care to elaborate on not having a larger offseason plan than a one player at a time approach…I’ll read and contemplate those ideas. 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ll nicely respond back that I have no problem with you preferring to sign CGJ over Sanders. I would think most every GM or fan thinks much higher of Ceedy Duce than Sanders. Your comment on simplify and not needing a  master plan ….I related to "winging it.” Going one player at a time without a bigger picture view. Really has seemed like that’s what you’ve communicated in your posts here about how you’d view doing the GM job for us. Maybe you didn’t phrase things or explain your points fully as to why I’d think otherwise. But exactly how I took your almost seemingly offense to my view of having a master plan. I don’t believe I was really offensive in my responses. Just said you have your view…I have a totally different opinion. If you care to elaborate on not having a larger offseason plan than a one player at a time approach…I’ll read and contemplate those ideas. 

No... my communication is CGJ first...priority.   yeah you can go one at a time now.  You have the entire month before the new league year.   You control " your guys" now.   I would think we both agree that teams prioritize which players they choose to retain, they decide on what they will pay each player, they look to retain guys BEFORE the new league year.

My other point... I don't OVERPAY one guy because I'm losing my first choice to free agency. 

So no matter if i lose EVERYONE ELSE...  I'm still not overpaying Sanders. 

Some things are simple. Doesn't mean there is no plan or work involved.

Like for me..when you brought up the idea of the Eagles not getting the 1 seed.  It's a simple no for me.  I think it's obvious that to automatically advance instead of having to play a game is the right choice.  I also think having home field is the right choice when your team is in Philly.   I also think if you are afraid of a 7th seed... or any other team, it's safe to assume you think that team is going to beat everyone else anyway and you have to play them sometime.

To put it nicely.... I don't think the idea of losing on purpose because of being afraid of Green Bay should ever be a thought.   There are things that are simple in life.  

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you care to elaborate on not having a larger offseason plan than a one player at a time approach…I’ll read and contemplate those ideas. 

My offseason plan. To enjoy life because I don't work for the Eagles, it's not my job to come up with a plan

But...if I has to give you my idea.

1. I assume Hurts contract has already been planned out.

2.  I assume they already have ideas of what each player will be worth and what they would pay.

3. I assume they have priorities in the shocking event they don't get to do EVERYTHING on the list. 

4.  I assume there is a meeting with coaches right after the season to go over everything, review good and bad from 2022 and talk about 2023.

From there.. the " future" contracts, the Senior Bowl, the combine.   During that time constant discussion within the organization, and with agents and other organizations to get ideas of the market both price tags and who is going to probably be available. 

Then... retain our guys prior to new league year.  Then outside FAs.  Then draft.   Then the post draft additions.  All the while doing work behind the scenes to see what's out there

That is my assumption of their plan.  Thar said... for me...it starts with the idea of signing my stud 25 year old safety who had a huge impact.  And building up Miles Sanders value to other teams to maximize the comp pick when he signs elsewhere. 

The rest follows in whatever order.  It's not my job to do it. 

I'll look at cap space day 1 of new league year.  I'll look at my roster going into the draft.  I'll look at my draft.  From there when draft is done, I'll look at what else I feel is needed.

That is my plan as a fan because again...I do not work for the Eagles nor have impact on any decisions.

I also believe that they need to look at Slay and Hargrave contracts to free up some money and make those decisions fairly early in the offseason to set up cap picture.  

Call me crazy... but I assume these guys actually work and not just play golf?  While I think there is absolutely some luck involved.  I believe they constantly work in order to put themselves in position to take advantage of thst luck.  ie. taking advantage of Tennessee and New Orleans last year. 

And I will add..in my master plan.   I can't look at just one year when looking to sign my long term free agents.   So just because I may lose other players.    I can't justify overpaying a guy now just to retain somebody.   My master plan is that there may be a better choice in the following year or two not to make a dumb impulsive business decision now. 

It's also why I say sign CGJ.  5 years of the stud impact player to build around..I think much easier to find an Epps and TJ to put next to him in 5 years than the other way around.

Sanders won't be difficult to replace at all...even if year one is a slight step back in the early down come off the field on key play role.

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I mean, we've seen interference calls let go or missed...even obvious ones.  But that McClaurin situation where he kept asking the ref if he was good..  and no response then a flag.. that was fishy!  

What was the flag for? maybe he told the ref to Eff himself LOL

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I mean, we've seen interference calls let go or missed...even obvious ones.  But that McClaurin situation where he kept asking the ref if he was good..  and no response then a flag.. that was fishy!  

Yes like the NON wire call where it was clear to anyone the kicked ball had changed trajectory. Should be challenges for NON calls

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tom Brady and Russell Wilson were part of every Master Plan for sure after they started every season there after. You aren’t making any points here against what I’m saying. I didn’t ever say that late round or undrafted guys don’t ever succeed. But if your original offseason plan is based on that as a starter for that season…good luck. I’d have looked for a higher percentage plan to begin with. Blankenship working out much better than Harris. GM got Blankenship here…but brought back Harris that didn’t look good for us last year as the starter. Is that good or bad doing your job as a GM? I’d say both. 

UM-master plan 1) you need some luck and guys that work well together 2) You're not getting everyone you want or need. "Offseason" plan sounds alot better. technically you are rebuilding every year unless you have 53 guys all under multi year contracts. What is the "higher percentage plan" you would have looked at??

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How often can you rely on such an incredible super late player getting dropped and coming to you to fill a glaring need like Bradbury? How often can you rely on covering for such a glaring weakness by trading a fifth and sixth to acquire a Pro Bowl S the week before the season? 

Who cares? Howie blocked out 30 other teams and got him here

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Brady retiring - well at least for now. Feel it's real this time. Hope he feels this past yr was worth it w/ what it cost him

She's a B, happy he is free to do the "salt life" he wanted. Him and Gronk will hang out together I'm sure his deal with FOX to be in the BOX(commentator) pays well. He should be a good one. Someone needs to stuff a sock in Collinsworthless' mouth

21 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Comical to me how these charges just suddenly appear, when there is camera time to be had. Like it was an afterthought for his accuser. They consent,then later,after you break up it suddenly turns into "I was raped". You almost need to make a video beforehand now stating it's consented to. If she can't make money on her back,she thinks she can make it in court.

No... my communication is CGJ first...priority.   yeah you can go one at a time now.  You have the entire month before the new league year.   You control " your guys" now.   I would think we both agree that teams prioritize which players they choose to retain, they decide on what they will pay each player, they look to retain guys BEFORE the new league year.

My other point... I don't OVERPAY one guy because I'm losing my first choice to free agency. 

So no matter if i lose EVERYONE ELSE...  I'm still not overpaying Sanders. 

Some things are simple. Doesn't mean there is no plan or work involved.

Like for me..when you brought up the idea of the Eagles not getting the 1 seed.  It's a simple no for me.  I think it's obvious that to automatically advance instead of having to play a game is the right choice.  I also think having home field is the right choice when your team is in Philly.   I also think if you are afraid of a 7th seed... or any other team, it's safe to assume you think that team is going to beat everyone else anyway and you have to play them sometime.

To put it nicely.... I don't think the idea of losing on purpose because of being afraid of Green Bay should ever be a thought.   There are things that are simple in life.  

I clearly said millions of reasons to prefer the top seed. Just brought up every view point. I didn’t say I didn’t want the one seed. Simply asked the question of should they matchups be considered. I usually feel strongly about it being a matchup league. So higher winning teams aren’t necessarily the hardest team for us to face. Packers got hot at the end. Gannon hadn’t, probably still hasn’t, proven he can beat a top QB. Think that was a point you e made about our organization for a long stretch of games.  So just pointed out that ARod on a hot  streak could be a huge issue if Gannon gives up an 80 percent completion percentage to him. Just something to consider. Wasn’t any point I was feeling or making. Just threw it out there to see what everybody thought. Something that hadn’t been remotely brought up on the board. So no biggie on that post. Just conversation. Started the post stating how millions of reason to prefer the top seed. So im not dying on any crosses for just conversation about that…which I never said I preferred.
  I’m not on record anywhere preferring Sanders over CGJ. My clear view has been I’m not stuck on any one piece, beyond Hurts. He’s first priority for me. Think you are overlooking that. I gave second to Edwards. But really been clear I’m looking at everybody at every position played for us or not. Played in the league yet or not. I’m only ready to proceed after I judge the landscape of perceived all possibilities and percentages based on likely hood. 

So I’m not stuck on Sanders or CGJ. Making sure that’s clear. Because I’m speaking about the whole roster picture. You keep seemingly bring it back to just these two players. Which is fine to voice your opinions on them. But let’s not put words in my mouth about either. I can foresee many different versions that could include either player. My first gut instinct…I don’t think we retain either of those two. 

33 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

According to prosecutors in Ohio, the charges stem from an incident that happened in Guernsey County back on Dec. 5, 2019.

So this supposedly happened over 3 years ago and it's just now coming up?

I also believe that they need to look at Slay and Hargrave contracts to free up some money and make those decisions fairly early in the offseason to set up cap picture.  

Call me crazy... but I assume these guys actually work and not just play golf?  While I think there is absolutely some luck involved.  I believe they constantly work in order to put themselves in position to take advantage of thst luck.  ie. taking advantage of Tennessee and New Orleans last year. 

I absolutely believe the job is nonstop. I never stated anything different. Rosie does a good job seemingly poking into any and every player. Can’t even make great deals if you don’t find out it’s possible. Rosie offered for McCaffrey. To me part of that was poking into what options were available from them. I wanted Burns. Think that was the ideal goal player. Getting Quinn kind of backs up those thoughts loosely.

I never said you aren’t working at it the whole time. We just differed on how to start. I would massively dig into everything before making any decisions at this point, beyond the actual first priority of Hurts.

25 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

According to prosecutors in Ohio, the charges stem from an incident that happened in Guernsey County back on Dec. 5, 2019.

He raped a Guernsey?

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

LOL right,don't call the cops that night or next morning,wait until later, because maybe you can shaft a young boy out of money in the future

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Shocking. 

It's TMZ,must be true LOL

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I never said you aren’t working at it the whole time. We just differed on how to start. I would massively dig into everything before making any decisions at this point, beyond the actual first priority of Hurts.

I would assume we do that? (And every other team?) There are "blocks" of things to do,like a list. You can't plan your draft picks right now. There are dates for things to happen,you have to take those in the provided order with beginnings and endings. After all those blocks are done,you try to fill in with "what's left" First block is  "sign whomever players you have you want to retain or decide to let them leave" When that is over (I assume that is March 13-15 somewhere this year) then you can go to the next block which would be trying to sign impact players that walked from other teams. Block 3 is the draft,block 4 is "cleanup". They all have time frames,so really a mock draft list is useless(and I am the king of those) until block 2 is completed. you can  have your "master plan" of all 4,but by block 2 the others will change. So lets WIN THE SB,then re-sign who we can,then it's on to block 2

Archived