Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Right,so the "master plan" is 4 stages,so really it's not a master plan,you do the best you can at each stage

Of coarse you do the best you can the whole time. Adjust accordingly. But making assumptions and having a feel for why you want to go in certain routes based on this. You’re getting closer on understanding the basic concept I was describing.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Paying a guy top dollar is always a huge factor.

Right, you plan around that if you feel that guy is impact player.

Ok...let's give an example... 6 years 120 mil for CGJ... 6 years...102 mil for CGJ...  that difference of 17 mil or 20 mil per.

I know the contract is not going to be evenly done each year.  There will be a signing bonus and dead money if cut year 5 or 6.  I also know the market is going up and thst I can redo the deal if he is still a top player at his position. 

What's preventing me from signing him if I was ok with the lower amount. Really what do you think thr difference would be in cap hits the next couple of years?

It's not enough for me to pass up thr player.   Unless I don't think he was worth the cheaper contract in the first place. 

Where as Sanders...I won't pay $5 mil if I can get a guy fir half or even less thst can probably bring more to the table in the pass game.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just seems like not going out on se crazy limb to think CGJ calling out Philly the way he did means we aren’t his top choice.

Who would be his top choice?  A 5 win team?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Of coarse you do the best you can the whole time. Adjust accordingly. But making assumptions and having a feel for why you want to go in certain routes based on this. You’re getting closer on understanding the basic concept I was describing.

I think we all know the obvious...they do their job and anticipate things.  Why is it not obvious?

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seems like the way to go to me

Yea..only to you.  You called it, guys do their jobs.

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think so too. I don't think it needed to be explained.  Bottom line, it's their job.

Then why have you gone to such lengths battling against what I said?

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right, you plan around that if you feel that guy is impact player.

Ok...let's give an example... 6 years 120 mil for CGJ... 6 years...102 mil for CGJ...  that difference of 17 mil or 20 mil per.

I know the contract is not going to be evenly done each year.  There will be a signing bonus and dead money if cut year 5 or 6.  I also know the market is going up and thst I can redo the deal if he is still a top player at his position. 

What's preventing me from signing him if I was ok with the lower amount. Really what do you think thr difference would be in cap hits the next couple of years?

It's not enough for me to pass up thr player.   Unless I don't think he was worth the cheaper contract in the first place. 

Where as Sanders...I won't pay $5 mil if I can get a guy fir half or even less thst can probably bring more to the table in the pass game.

So do you feel CGJ brings a large leadership presence the team desires? Are you only basing it on field performance?

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Who would be his top choice?  A 5 win team?

He sees himself as a rapper. Also a football player. No idea how he views each city. But I really haven’t heard options about him wanting to just be on a winner. You hear that speech from most playersz

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think we all know the obvious...they do their job and anticipate things.  Why is it not obvious?

To me many things clearly seem obvious that aren’t the consensus here.

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Why are you combating my thoughts about that then?

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yea..only to you.  You called it, guys do their jobs.

Why all your posts against me saying it then?

55 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not mock drafting draft picks in the master plan. Not specific..this guy or that guy. But sizing up quality and quantity of positions. Along with the FA and likely trade options.

You and 31 other teams LOL

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Pretty sure HR's going to be trading back some, so a later rd QB, even udfa. Did Ian Book play a down this yr?

No

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think I made several points concerning the big original plan and thinking. One was that I’m looking for good cheap options that fit. Good value options also. But was pointing out how a guy could be worth what you’d probably consider overpaying for also. That I feel all positions effect each other.

All teams do this???? Seems obvious to me

41 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sounds like Wright's going to go in the 1st. Steelers interested in him.

yeah he could for sure. I like him because he is already a RT,not a LT to convert. I was reading to covert is more difficult that people think it is. There are other RT's but he is the best IMO

He did play a little LT which is a plus, but we need Lane's replacement - hopefully not to start next yr, learn under him

35 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just seems like not going out on se crazy limb to think CGJ calling out Philly the way he did means we aren’t his top choice.

Every city has bad people in it???. Should I hate Philly because I did research on Kensington? I'm sure he was angry,that's a normal response,but if he has any maturity,he knows it's not everyone

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Every city has bad people in it???. Should I hate Philly because I did research on Kensington? I'm sure he was angry,that's a normal response,but if he has any maturity,he knows it's not everyone

I wouldn’t respond calling out the city like he did. That said a bunch to me

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

He did play a little LT which is a plus, but we need Lane's replacement - hopefully not to start next yr, learn under him

yeah I was specifically looking for a guy who spent life at RT. I just feel that's the way to go unless a LT totally blows me away with his athletic prowess. They are not really interchangeable like a guard would be. We tried Mailata at RT and he wasn't good,so I was looking for guy we didn't need to convert. There are a few others,but he really stood out to me. maybe we snag him at 31? IDK

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah I was specifically looking for a guy who spent life at RT. I just feel that's the way to go unless a LT totally blows me away with his athletic prowess. They are not really interchangeable like a guard would be. We tried Mailata at RT and he wasn't good,so I was looking for guy we didn't need to convert. There are a few others,but he really stood out to me. maybe we snag him at 31? IDK

I also think RT is now almost as important as LT. Like a lot of RTs go up against the best edge rushers. I think that adds to your argument of going for a true RT for the most part. 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I wouldn’t respond calling out the city like he did. That said a bunch to me

I think he was calling out the thief really,if you read the entire quote he said got you on cam LOL,then shamed him in front of the whole city. I don;t think this is the big thing on him staying or not. I'm sure it was insured

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I also think RT is now almost as important as LT. Like a lot of RTs go up against the best edge rushers. I think that adds to your argument of going for a true RT for the most part. 

Tough to find them,most try to be LT because usually that pays more. Most sites list them as "OT" So you have to go through each guy to find them. Wright held the line for my boy Hooker

Archived