Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

42 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes a RB can catch passes also. Why exclude that thought? Seems like you putting everything on Hurts to carry the team even more. Every QBs best friend is a strong rushing attack.

Again.... let's review for the people who only like to listen to themselves... I'll go slow here.

A stud 4th receiver helps Hurts in the passing game.  Makes it easier for him. Less of carrying a load

More options that get open quickly and/ or make it harder to cover, means less of Hurts having to run.

Conversely... the 2021 team was better rushing...even though less from Hurts/ Sanders combo.   So it's proven that the group can run better as whole without Sanders.  He didn't even score a TD.  The stud RB isn't what impacts the running game otherwise what you all consider the blue chips coming out every year would have the best stats and help their teams win.

On top of that...the Eagles offense was better this year by far,with the addition of the better receiving weapon and better passing game, even though the run stats weren't as good for the team. 

Finally... the threat of 4 guys out in the pattern...especially adding the stud slot threat who can own the short middle... keeps the defense away from loading the box vs the run.

And the cherry on top bonus.  You were patient with Sanders who sucked for 3 years... But none for Gainwell who just showed his improvement at the end of year 2.   Surely he could get better and get a bigger load... where we can have a nice split.  A cheap vet, day 3 pick or UDFA can be added. They can all share like 2021 where wee the best rushing team... except now we could be the best passing team....which in 2023,translates better for winning.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flash of the RB and the DB...the stats... the effects.  That's not what wins... the meat and potatoes, the battles at the line,the problems mismatches cause... the causes in general. That's what wins.

54 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You need to look a little closer at details. 30 year old for playing football this season. He’d need to sign super cheap. Couldn’t even offer CGJ 8 mil a season.

Oh, I absolutely only want the one year prove it deal... I'm not looking to pay good money.  

We have the best human on the planet at QB...the whole world wants to play with him.  I'll throw him a little $, but not much. 

18 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right...the matchup is exactly why I want the 4th receiving weapon.  Harder to matchup with that.  Matching up is the main reason for this.

This isn’t wrong. But hard to defend when you are guessing run or pass also

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Again.... let's review for the people who only like to listen to themselves... I'll go slow here.

A stud 4th receiver helps Hurts in the passing game.  Makes it easier for him. Less of carrying a load

More options that get open quickly and/ or make it harder to cover, means less of Hurts having to run.

Conversely... the 2021 team was better rushing...even though less from Hurts/ Sanders combo.   So it's proven that the group can run better as whole without Sanders.  He didn't even score a TD.  The stud RB isn't what impacts the running game otherwise what you all consider the blue chips coming out every year would have the best stats and help their teams win.

On top of that...the Eagles offense was better this year by far,with the addition of the better receiving weapon and better passing game, even though the run stats weren't as good for the team. 

Finally... the threat of 4 guys out in the pattern...especially adding the stud slot threat who can own the short middle... keeps the defense away from loading the box vs the run.

And the cherry on top bonus.  You were patient with Sanders who sucked for 3 years... But none for Gainwell who just showed his improvement at the end of year 2.   Surely he could get better and get a bigger load... where we can have a nice split.  A cheap vet, day 3 pick or UDFA can be added. They can all share like 2021 where wee the best rushing team... except now we could be the best passing team....which in 2023,translates better for winning.

I never said a fourth receiving option doesn’t help. That’s just obvious. But you are using generic big picture stats to try and cover up needing an actual guy at the RB position. Sanders became a completely dominant rusher this season. Killed it. A real weapon and playmaker. The other RBs were just Joes. Not important guys. Your theory is basically resting on Gainwell dominating in the fourth quarter against a Giants team that was already beaten. To me…that means very little to what’s important. Want plenty of those games where Hurts isn’t exposed. Just run out the game successsful with the lead. Now a really poor run D like Gmen…we can still probably do it. But the important games we needed Sanders. The important run…you need the guy to rely on. Fourth and two…who you giving it to? Penny on the trainers table? Scott? Gainwell? Sermon? Water boy? You can rack up rushing yards in plenty of ways all season. But Sanders got us starting our domination with the run. Gets the Oline hitting and attacking their guys. That twenty yard run consistently becomes four or five yard runs….DC aren’t going to respect it. After thought of any gameplan. Why can’t you see that the RB can be a part of the plan? Last year when Zeke got the ball. Hard forceful short gain ….usually pushing a tackler forward. But then Pollard? Whoa….DC scared. Gotta look out and stop that guy.

55 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Brady been in most of the SB. So clearly those instances are slighted towards the answer to winning the SB is have the best player all time.

Ok...throw in making the SB. Or throw in the best offenses you've seen. 

Manning with the 4 receiving options when Stokley was in Indy,  or when Welker came to Denver with the 2 stud WRs and the stud TE.  Brady with Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson in 2007.  Rodgers the one year where Nelson was the #3 WR and they had that stud TE.  

You have a system that works with the OL and running threat of a QB that already lifts the running game enough.  You put the passing game to where it's the most feared for its weapons ... unless you don't trust the QB passing it... doesn't make sense how you can't see it would be the best thing for the offense.  

You can zig or zag or do whatever you want... good luck stopping that offense.   

Especially when it perfectly compliments the QB who brings 2 excellent attributes to the table...  two TANGIBLE ones...  1.  He is a threat to run,freezes the LBs on run plays.   2. He is absolutely excellent at short throws.  The slot guy added to the mix... where he can cut on a dime, catch that 3 yard pass and take it to the house.   

Those things set up the offense the best for Hurts.    The idea of running the ball works if one thinks he sucks.  If dude is legit MVP candidate then you trust him.  Give him tools that fit him.... not let's build the run game so he won't have to pass.  That's chicken S#$t idea. This is the NFL not college. It's a QB and a passing league.  Give our guy the tools and let him go play.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yes a RB can catch passes also. Why exclude that thought? Seems like you putting everything on Hurts to carry the team even more. Every QBs best friend is a strong rushing attack.

Every QBs best friend should be the Lombardi trophy.   How many of them have won it lately handing off??? 

Big impact on the game a RB can have. I love seen it way too much to not think he can. Best way to protect Hurts and lengthen his career…hand off. Best way to salt away a lead…handoff. Two minutes left….up by two. What you going to do?

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ok...throw in making the SB. Or throw in the best offenses you've seen. 

Manning with the 4 receiving options when Stokley was in Indy,  or when Welker came to Denver with the 2 stud WRs and the stud TE.  Brady with Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Watson in 2007.  Rodgers the one year where Nelson was the #3 WR and they had that stud TE.  

You have a system that works with the OL and running threat of a QB that already lifts the running game enough.  You put the passing game to where it's the most feared for its weapons ... unless you don't trust the QB passing it... doesn't make sense how you can't see it would be the best thing for the offense.  

You can zig or zag or do whatever you want... good luck stopping that offense.   

Especially when it perfectly compliments the QB who brings 2 excellent attributes to the table...  two TANGIBLE ones...  1.  He is a threat to run,freezes the LBs on run plays.   2. He is absolutely excellent at short throws.  The slot guy added to the mix... where he can cut on a dime, catch that 3 yard pass and take it to the house.   

Those things set up the offense the best for Hurts.    The idea of running the ball works if one thinks he sucks.  If dude is legit MVP candidate then you trust him.  Give him tools that fit him.... not let's build the run game so he won't have to pass.  That's chicken S#$t idea. This is the NFL not college. It's a QB and a passing league.  Give our guy the tools and let him go play.

Total BS. Guy carried us all season pretty much. Put up big points in the SB. Smith, Brown and Goedert is a very good pass catching trio. I’m all for adding another. Never said it was bad. But give him the RB. Or two.

Can you not see AJ, DeVonta and Goedert clearing out massive room for a RB in the passing game?

I understand devaluing the RB position a little. Not taking one at ten. But you going to the extreme again. Gotta neglect it. Easiest answer to team success this season would really be two quality RBs.

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Every QBs best friend should be the Lombardi trophy.   How many of them have won it lately handing off??? 

Brady threw a bunch

Pacheco out performed us and held the trophy high. Huge swing. Everybody assumed we had a huge advantage there. But lost that part. Hmmm a using attack keeping Mahomes off the field more. Has anybody ever utilized that strategy before? Oh yeah….like a billion times. 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like to zig when everybody else is zagging. You want to try and copycat what everybody else is trying to do. That’s fine. I’ve been noticing how much more finesse Defenses have become. Why I’ve been pointing out the success the Niners, Cowboys and us have by physical on the ground attack. I don’t fit a minute believe a dominating rushing team can’t win it all. In fact it would have really helped to control a QB like Mahomes more with that.

Wow... you constantly bring up what the other teams are doing in like a jealous way.   Lost in the fact that since Chip got the ax... the Eagles have had more success than any team except for KC with Mahomes.

Look at their secondary...look at how they manage the cap... look at their RB.

But look at their team success compared to the Eagles.   Im not looking to copy anybody now.  I think the league sucks, and was a major reason why the Eagles dominated in 2022.   I don't look around the league and envy anything.   But the closest thing is the Cincy WR Corp from last year.    I'll take our 2 WRs and TE and call it even... Boyd vs Quez puts them over the top.   You give me that 3rd WR...dude that is a stud.  Good luck stopping it.

But again... to me that is the option with the 1st pick that I would do if it was something other than a lineman. 

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Why you stick in the past so much. Let yourself think outside the box a little. We aren’t likely to out Mahomes Mahomes. People didn’t put Brady Brady. But a million ways to win football games. We seeing Niners and us bully and physical our way. That’s unique. That’s demoralizing. That wears out the opponent. Controls the game. Punch most the league that’s finesse. It works.

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This isn’t wrong. But hard to defend when you are guessing run or pass also

They have to guess pass... that's why I'm saying put that 4th weapon out there.  3rd WR stud...or another Goedert type and go 2 TEs.  Cause the matchup problem.   The run game will benefit.  Doesn't have to be one RB getting stats...like I said 2021 was a better run game for us...not a better offense. 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Wow... you constantly bring up what the other teams are doing in like a jealous way.   Lost in the fact that since Chip got the ax... the Eagles have had more success than any team except for KC with Mahomes.

But look at their team success compared to the Eagles.   Im not looking to copy anybody now.  I think the league sucks, and was a major reason why the Eagles dominated in 2022.   I don't look around the league and envy anything.   But the closest thing is the Cincy WR Corp from last year.    I'll take our 2 WRs and TE and call it even... Boyd vs Quez puts them over the top.   You give me that 3rd WR...dude that is a stud.  Good luck stopping it.

But again... to me that is the option with the 1st pick that I would do if it was something other than a lineman. 

Good luck because of their RB and D also. Burrow is big time also. Just all around very solid and confident.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You are the one bringing up what other teams are doing so much. You just keep asking how others have won the SB. I’m saying let’s do it our way.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why you stick in the past so much. Let yourself think outside the box a little. We aren’t likely to out Mahomes Mahomes. People didn’t put Brady Brady. But a million ways to win football games. We seeing Niners and us bully and physical our way. That’s unique. That’s demoralizing. That wears out the opponent. Controls the game. Punch most the league that’s finesse. It works.

I'm thinking of the modern game....lol. The RB is the past. When he went against inferior athletes....

You take a college RB...he can face a team of all Americans...and still not as good as facing a decent NFL defense with seasoned 25-30 year Olds.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Good luck because of their RB and D also. Burrow is big time also. Just all around very solid and confident.

They didn't miss a beat with Perine.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Too old. Can’t take on anymore senior citizens 

We can if they can play 1-2 more years. We resigned Slay right?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You are the one bringing up what other teams are doing so much. You just keep asking how others have won the SB. I’m saying let’s do it our way.

Ham... I'm bringing the idea of teams that dominated... recent domination.   You bring up the current league.  The current league sucks!

And Burrow is big time.... what about Hurts?  He isn't all of a sudden?

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Might have to overload towards the pass if this is the best the RB room gets. Taking a top WR and neglecting RB..:.gotta pass.

Yes that is the theory. With the defensive losses we will have to score more

" seems like you want to put so much on Hurts now "     I'm guessing Cincy,  KC , Buffalo didn't put it on their QBs? 

I'm actually trying to give him better weapons than all those guys... but no...we need to run more?  We already run it way more than the rest of the league. 

Archived