Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean.....a way to think is that you are about to invest heavily in your QB.   Get him this weapon to finish off what could easily be seen as the best receiving group...and it would be locked in for a few years.

This provides a huge dilemma for the defense if we add a quick route runner into the mix.  A dude that can separate on his own quickly.   Add that to what we have... will be hard to cover everyone.    

Then it makes it easier to run the ball.   So much more valuable IMO than the guy carrying the ball.  Idk but it seems as the levels of football advance... the RB himself dominates less on a physical basis.   The blocking becomes more important as well as the receivers lightening up the box.

Your opening line makes serious sense. he would still be there even when AJ and Smith's contracts came up. So I could see that pipeline continuing. I love WR's as you know. That would be a WR group we would have for 3 more years

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we took him at 10,then took at a guy like Kancey at 30, who can play both edge and DT I would be happy doing that. BTW with many leaving on defense,the obvious strategy this year would be to outscore your opponents and he would sure help in that regard

Apparently the Titans have a disgruntled S, who,like AJ,feels unwanted Maybe work a trade with Quez and a pick next year for him?? IDK All up in the air

If we went Njigba and Nolan Smith in round 1,I would consider that a great round 1. Both the guys on my mock have moved up. Wilson seems out of range now without a move up. Kancey or Bresee probably not there at 30 either. Van Ness is a possiblity at 30. Njigba would be a great choice,but we can't ignore him in the slot,Quez was underwhelming last year. So the question becomes,would there be enough target to go around(not forgetting Goedert either). If Quez was underwhelming because he could not get open,that is one thing. If the targets weren't there for other reasons, you'd have to think about receivers targets per game before selecting Njigba. You'd need to keep 4 receivers happy with their target shares. Can we do it??? It would require more passes per game,going away from the run some

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK that Njigba has many blocking skills. I didn't check that. Won't show up on highlight reels either. Like I said he reminds me alot of JJ who you know I wanted badly in that draft

I don't really care about his blocking skills... his ability to help the receiving unit put some fear into the defense ...that's enough to help the running game.

Just now, joemas6 said:

I don't really care about his blocking skills... his ability to help the receiving unit put some fear into the defense ...that's enough to help the running game.

Read my post about target share

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Your opening line makes serious sense. he would still be there even when AJ and Smith's contracts came up. So I could see that pipeline continuing. I love WR's as you know. That would be a WR group we would have for 3 more years

I mean...to me, they wasted McNabb and Wentz...having them play with Freddie Mitchell and John Hightower...  you want to do right by Hurts.. put the studs around him long term. They keep growing together and it only gets better. 

You can find your one year rentals on defense.   

Really for me those are the 2 choices...finish off that stud WR group or go get some stud linemen.   Ideally you could trade back a few spots and land your target.  Two stud linemen or one stud linemen with the stud WR....that's what I want going into day 2 of the draft. 

Other thing is if we get one pick but get that 2024 1st in a trade. 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean...to me, they wasted McNabb and Wentz...having them play with Freddie Mitchell and John Hightower...  you want to do right by Hurts.. put the studs around him long term. They keep growing together and it only gets better. 

You can find your one year rentals on defense.   

Really for me those are the 2 choices...finish off that stud WR group or go get some stud linemen.   Ideally you could trade back a few spots and land your target.  Two stud linemen or one stud linemen with the stud WR....that's what I want going into day 2 of the draft. 

Other thing is if we get one pick but get that 2024 1st in a trade. 

Understand your want for another 1 next year. Would require the young guys to step up. We managed to keep 2/3 DB's,so that was nice. But only 4 picks this time. IDK if it's wise to lose a pick nor trade back. I think we need to get the guys we want this time around. Could argue either scenario. Great line draft. IDk that I would trade that 30 pick back much. You have a terrific argument for taking Njigba. Van Ness or Nolan Smith at 30 would be a nice round 1

My OT moved up into round 2,so looks like a new mock for me LOL. At least I had the guys nailed correctly,most have moved up

Just chiming in, but we all know HR will go lines w/ both picks in the 1st as we keep 10. Most of out bus the past few yrs can start on most teams. Starting WR's can be had every yr. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Apparently the Titans have a disgruntled S, who,like AJ,feels unwanted Maybe work a trade with Quez and a pick next year for him?? IDK All up in the air

He is probably going to get released

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Read my post about target share

Not worried about target share...production is the focus. 

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Understand your want for another 1 next year. Would require the young guys to step up. We managed to keep 2/3 DB's,so that was nice. But only 4 picks this time. IDK if it's wise to lose a pick nor trade back. I think we need to get the guys we want this time around. Could argue either scenario. Great line draft. IDk that I would trade that 30 pick back much. You have a terrific argument for taking Njigba. Van Ness or Nolan Smith at 30 would be a nice round 1

We went to the Superbowl...how much did our draft picks contribute.  To me.. very poor business thinking...if you are looking at the rookies filling needs year 1.   4 picks ..etc.  forget that.  

The picks you should make are to set yourself up long term.   The lines need to be restocked with youth, especially the DL... and that 4th receiving weapon would be long term for the offense.  

The S, LB and whatever else..you can find the one year rentals.  Then use the 12 picks next year...etc.  

Never go into a draft...this is my one year need, these are my picks, and make a decision on that.  You end up trading your picks to the Eagles like the Saints did that way.  

Hey we filled a need with pick 94... can't think that way.  

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Not worried about target share...production is the focus. 

Then you get AJ whining about not enough targets

19 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Just chiming in, but we all know HR will go lines w/ both picks in the 1st as we keep 10. Most of out bus the past few yrs can start on most teams. Starting WR's can be had every yr. 

Not top slot guys, easy to find tons of mediocre ones and by all accounts Njigba is on par with JJ. You going to turn down "JJ" twice? So he should be in the conversation at 10

16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

We went to the Superbowl...how much did our draft picks contribute.  To me.. very poor business thinking...if you are looking at the rookies filling needs year 1.   4 picks ..etc.  forget that.  

The picks you should make are to set yourself up long term.   The lines need to be restocked with youth, especially the DL... and that 4th receiving weapon would be long term for the offense.  

The S, LB and whatever else..you can find the one year rentals.  Then use the 12 picks next year...etc.  

Never go into a draft...this is my one year need, these are my picks, and make a decision on that.  You end up trading your picks to the Eagles like the Saints did that way.  

Long term we need youth in here NOW. Cox on a 1 year, Quez on his last year(I believe).Lane/Kelce. Need to get those guys in behind those 2 as well. Like I said you can argue it either way. Slay signed,but he's getting up there 

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Took 2 years for the rooks to help get us there. I'm drafting for long term.if they can start all the better

Draft picks that helped get us to the SB-Mailata(took some time) Dickerson, Smith, Blankenship All had to get some time in. The off season pick ups for the "all in" but the rooks had time in,so see no reason to delay more of the same. We aren't looking for a QB now

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Then you get AJ whining about not enough targets

Then you get..." I'm only asking 6 more points.. is that too much to ask from this offense this year "   remember that narrative you had for like 8 months.   AJ can complain all he wants... they keep putting up 32 plus points I think he's going to be fine.

48 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'm good with 2 stud linemen.   My main point was the stud slot WR will have more impact than any RB.  

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Long term we need youth in here NOW. Cox on a 1 year, Quez on his last year(I believe).Lane/Kelce. Need to get those guys in behind those 2 as well. Like I said you can argue it either way. Slay signed,but he's getting up there 

Right...I'm looking Right at these spots.  Not thinking we filled a need at S or LB with pick 94.   Will be great if it turns out that way..but more importantly looking to restock the main positions with the early picks.

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Draft picks that helped get us to the SB-Mailata(took some time) Dickerson, Smith, Blankenship All had to get some time in. The off season pick ups for the "all in" but the rooks had time in,so see no reason to delay more of the same. We aren't looking for a QB now

GB... correct these picks helped us...AFTER THEIR ROOKIE YEAR.

My point...  this idea " we have 4 picks to get it done or whatever"   not the way to loon at anything.   You draft the guys... then next year you draft again etc.   Don't need the 4 picks from this year to solve the needs Right away.

The needs may change next year or whenever.   We know there are top rated guys round 1.  I'm just saying the linemen and the slot WR are going to have the bigger impact if they are hits.   

Archived